• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2013. The only time of year when everyone envies Bobby Drake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
At least an owl isn't chasing you as you read the issue.

That would be cool. OK, not really. Owls are bastards.
I was working on a remodel on the side a year ago and one tried to knock the tree trimming guy the owners hired out of one of the trees.

I can see the pitch to Axel Alonso right now

seinfeelde3l70p.gif

All New X-Men is good, old-fashioned teen drama. The kind of charming, cute storytelling we had in the New X-Men book before they all become PTSD-suffering, drug-addled psychotics. See also: Spider-man Loves Mary Jane.

Was tired of trade waiting the pre Zero Year Batman so went and picked up 13-20. This starts the Death of the Family. Am I in for a good ride?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Was tired of trade waiting the pre Zero Year Batman so went and picked up 13-20. This starts the Death of the Family. Am I in for a good ride?

I'd say so, there are a few problems with the arc but overall it's very good. Zero Year is on a whole other level so far though. Makes Black Mirror look lame.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I have no idea how to follow stuff like zero year, with the tie ins and such. Its new to me :/

She is gone

2745016-twitter.com_screen_capture_2012_12_9_14_57_27.png

Wait? Again? Are you kidding me? Goddamn it DC, the book is doing fine. It's fun, it's good, what more do you want? I don't think Snyder has the time to write all of the Bat-books. I swear to god if you put Lobdell on that book...

Messi

Wait? Again? Are you kidding me? Goddamn it DC, the book is doing fine. It's fun, it's good, what more do you want? I don't think Snyder has the time to write all of the Bat-books. I swear to god if you put Lobdell on that book...

Please don't listen to me, I dun fucked up :p. Serves me right reading old news.

Now guys, fill me in. When will I know more about this Harley solo book.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah. That pic of a tweet is from when she was originally let go.

Please don't listen to me, I dun fucked up :p. Serves me right reading old news.

Oh thank god. Batgirl has been getting pretty good so it would be a shame if they took her off it.

We'll probably hear more about the Harley solo-book closer to launch, or when they announce the creative team.

HARLEY QUINN #0
Written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI
Art by DARWYN COOKE, SAM KIETH, TONY S. DANIEL, PAUL POPE, WALTER SIMONSON, ART BALTAZAR and others
Cover by AMANDA CONNER
1:25 Variant cover by STEPHANE ROUX
“WE CAN BE HEROES” Blank variant cover also available
On sale NOVEMBER 6 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

This bombastic debut issue features art by award-winning illustrators including Darwyn Cooke, Sam Kieth, Tony S. Daniel, Paul Pope, Walter Simonson, Art Baltazar and others—but will any of them measure up to the exacting standards of the Clown Princess of Crime? Don’t miss the thrilling return of Harley Quinn in her own monthly series!

Messi

Oh thank god. Batgirl has been getting pretty good so it would be a shame if they took her off it.

We'll probably hear more about the Harley solo-book closer to launch, or when they announce the creative team.

I have had a long day :p

I see it is listed as issue 0 on the November solicitations, with 3 covers no less.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
HARLEY QUINN #0
Art by DARWYN COOKE, SAM KIETH, TONY S. DANIEL, PAUL POPE, WALTER SIMONSON, ART BALTAZAR and others
Cover by AMANDA CONNER

This bombastic debut issue features art by award-winning illustrators including Darwyn Cooke, Sam Kieth, Tony S. Daniel, Paul Pope, Walter Simonson, Art Baltazar and others—but will any of them measure up to the exacting standards of the Clown Princess of Crime? Don’t miss the thrilling return of Harley Quinn in her own monthly series!

Jeeze, who isn't drawing this book?

We'll probably have an interview soon to tell us about the direction of the book because frankly I know all of jack shit from reading that solicit.

Messi

We'll probably have an interview soon to tell us about the direction of the book because frankly I know all of jack shit from reading that solicit.

Did I not read somewhere that Harley is going to 'pick' the artist she likes best during this first issue. To draw it going forward?

I am irrationally excited for this thing.

I believe they said the fans will choose the artist based on who draws the 0 issue.

Also pretty sure the simonsons work together on something

There was a few interviews when it was first announced. From what they said, its more like a day in the life of type book. Kind of like Hawkeye.

From what I remember, they said at the SDCC that the first issue's going to be some fourth-wall breaking stuff where Harley auditions potential artists for her new series.

EDIT: Everyone seems to have a version of that story. I thought it was Harley picking the artist
who's not going to be any of the names mentioned I'm willing to bet.

Messi

Can I just assume the stuff Brian K Vaughn does is good? seems I like everything of his I read.

What did he have to do with Under the dome? did I see his name on that tv series? was that good?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Can I just assume the stuff Brian K Vaughn does is good? seems I like everything of his I read.

What did he have to do with Under the dome? did I see his name on that tv series? was that good?

Yes. Check out the Doctor Strange story he did.

Can you fill me in on what happened the first time? I read the first trade and really liked it.

Basically, DC fired her as the Batgirl writer via email, then her fanbase had a fucking fit, which caused DC to almost immediately name GAIL SIMONE as the new Batgirl writer, replacing GAIL SIMONE. DC readers tolerate a lot of shitty decisions from DC editorial. But this was one thing that wasn't going to pass without comment.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That sounds like a neat gimmick. OK, I'm in for a few issues. I always liked the character, it's too bad Dini and Timm don't get any money when DC uses her though. They did DC a real favor when they came up with Harley Quinn.

Why you have to put the fear in me like that? Knowing DC, if they ever had the chance... ;_;

I know, it feels like they'd put Lobdell on everything if they could.

Basically, DC fired her as the Batgirl writer via email, then her fanbase had a fucking fit, which caused DC to almost immediately name GAIL SIMONE as the new Batgirl writer, replacing GAIL SIMONE. DC readers tolerate a lot of shitty decisions from DC editorial. But this was one thing that wasn't going to pass without comment.

They fired her through an e-mail too. Couldn't even sack up and give her a call on the phone. She'd been good on that book too, which made it all the more bullshit.

arkon

Damn, and Collider was such a solid name. I sincerely hope this doesn't affect sales because this series deserves some success. Art and writing were fantastic in the first issue and completely surprised me, considering I knew nothing about the creators prior to the series.

Shame about the name change. And yeah hopefully it can go from strength to strength. First issue had a lot of promise.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I believe they said the fans will choose the artist based on who draws the 0 issue.

Also pretty sure the simonsons work together on something

They had a run on X-Factor in the mid-'80s.
The earliest husband-wife team I can think of was on Elfquest. Not Marvel or DC, but it probably had sales that modern comics can only dream of. Actually, it eventually went to Marvel's Epic imprint now that I think about it.

frye

There's also Tom + Mary Bierbaum on Legion if we're talking writers-only, a ton of artist/colourist teams (Miller/Varley, the Allreds, Mazzucchelli/Lewis, the Breitweisers...)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
HARLEY QUINN #0
Cover by AMANDA CONNER

What are the chances this is the thing Kevin Maguire is doing 4 pages for?

What are the chances this is the thing Kevin Maguire is doing 4 pages for?
How bad do you think he feels that he has to draw a Bendis comic now? He was probbaly like "oh shit all this info is out in public, no I wont be able to deny Brian" then Brian calls his up and word balloons protrude through the telephone speaker like sperm and egg.

Acid08

Banned
How bad do you think he feels that he has to draw a Bendis comic now? He was probbaly like "oh shit all this info is out in public, no I wont be able to deny Brian" then Brian calls his up and word balloons protrude through the telephone speaker like sperm and egg.
The true power of a comics superstar Rafa. What's the mangaka equivalent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom