• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2013. The only time of year when everyone envies Bobby Drake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhawk

How tall are they? Like 4" or something?

If I remember correctly from SDCC, it was $25 for the whole set since they all came in one box. They might increase the price for the re-release. They're around 4" tall. I would have bought myself the set at SDCC if my luggage wasn't already full from the other loot I spent hundreds of dollars on.

Garryk

I finally caught up on Green Arrow. I hadn't read an issue since Lemire's first so I was kinda worried they were aping the CW series what with the dark archer and all. VERY pleasantly surprised with the direction he's going.

Batman Zero Year is pretty freakin' great and I hope that the Riddler part in this is just a teaser for the promised Riddler story that Snyder said was coming.

neat!

Batgirl #23
Batman #23
Batman Lil Gotham #5
Green Lantern Corp #23
JLA #7
Nightwing #23
World's Finest #15

Fantastic Four #11
Infinity #1
Uncanny X-men #10

Red Sonja #2

maybe Spidey Team up

Dysun

List Wars, this time with events

Batman 23
Justice League of America 7

Infinity 1
Superior Spider-Man Team Up 2
Thor 11
Uncanny X-Force 10 (Fantomex arc bought this book a few more issues)
Uncanny X-Men 10

Dropped
Green Lantern Corps, John Stewart and Star Sapphires do nothing for me.

I think I have something in my eye

tumblr_mrff3fGVZM1rvhl57o2_400.gif

If I remember correctly from SDCC, it was $25 for the whole set since they all came in one box. They might increase the price for the re-release. They're around 4" tall. I would have bought myself the set at SDCC if my luggage wasn't already full from the other loot I spent hundreds of dollars on.

Correction... These are actually (according to the IGN article) a bit larger. Wonder Girl is 7.85", Batgirl is 6.75", and Supergirl is 7.5". So they're actually a decent size for $25 a pop.

Acid08

Banned
Correction... These are actually (according to the IGN article) a bit larger. Wonder Girl is 7.85", Batgirl is 6.75", and Supergirl is 7.5". So they're actually a decent size for $25 a pop.
That's just because the stand is now a storage compartment. I bet the figures themselves are the same size.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The preview for Batman #23...holy crap man. Snyder and Capullo are absolutely killing on this story. Just pure murder, it's like they both took multiple level ups before starting on this arc. It'll be a damn classic if they're able to keep this up.

The preview for Batman #23...holy crap man. Snyder and Capullo are absolutely killing on this story. Just pure murder, it's like they both took multiple level ups before starting on this arc. It'll be a damn classic if they're able to keep this up.

omg i can't wait

this is maybe the best week ever

Ephemeris

This is gonna be an awesome week.

edit: god dammit Birdie.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Holy shit, everything that isn't tying into Forever Evil is tying into Zero Year that month. Even Action Comics and Flash! More stuff is tying into Zero Year than Forever Evil. DC must really be hard up to boost sales.

has it been stated why Batman #25 is 4.99? Reading the solicit in full, can it be a $1 extra for an embossed cover? This is ridiculous.

Embossed cover and digital download. Which is bullshit.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
has it been stated why Batman #25 is 4.99? Reading the solicit in full, can it be a $1 extra for an embossed cover? This is ridiculous.

Yo, you see how much black ink they gotta use for that murdered out cover.

Owzers

I swear I read 25 was at 43 pages somewhere.

43 including ads or 43 43?It's possible, dcs' solicits sometimes don't have accurate page counts...and sometimes they do. I don't give them the benefit of the doubt anymore since the hold the line stuff seems over, particularly with Trinity War. Is Justice Leauge and JloA done with back-ups? They are now solicited as 32pg 3.99 books.

I might cave on my "no more statues" mentality for the Jim Lee Wonder Woman one that was shown at the last con and is now in the November solicits....though it doesn't come out until February 2014. $75 msrp, dcbs will probably have it 30% off....i might cave.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Collider changes its name to FBP aka :

FBP-2-cover-mtv-geek.jpg

Damn, and Collider was such a solid name. I sincerely hope this doesn't affect sales because this series deserves some success. Art and writing were fantastic in the first issue and completely surprised me, considering I knew nothing about the creators prior to the series.

Damn, and Collider was such a solid name. I sincerely hope this doesn't affect sales because this series deserves some success. Art and writing were fantastic in the first issue and completely surprised me, considering I knew nothing about the creators prior to the series.
I love the colors so much.

Lots of cool figures in the DC solicits. The Crime Syndicate are getting figures, SBFF and the limited edition Jime Lee WW.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Well, I finally ran across my first completely fucked Comixology book.
The second half of issue #5 of Snyder Batman can only be read by lying on my side.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well, I finally ran across my first completely fucked Comixology book.
The second half of issue #5 of Snyder Batman can only be read by lying on my side.

That's on purpose. There's an issue that flips the pages around and makes you turn the book every which way.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
That's on purpose. There's an issue that flips the pages around and makes you turn the book every which way.

Flipping a book around is one thing. Flipping your body around is quite another.

Owzers

That was the only issue stretch that i really liked of Snyder's Batman run so far ( haven't read zero year ) Xo.

TAJ

Meh, I'm not going to change my settings every few pages. (It goes back to normal at the end.)That would be more annoying than using the Marvel Unlimited Android app.
Near the end it went upside-down. I just finished it standing on my head. What's extra-disorienting on tablet is that the page turning controls change, too.

Owzers

Meh, I'm not going to change my settings every few pages. (It goes back to normal at the end.)That would be more annoying than using the Marvel Unlimited Android app.
Near the end it went upside-down. I just finished it standing on my head. What's extra-disorienting on tablet is that the page turning controls change, too.

At least an owl isn't chasing you as you read the issue.

TAJ

Can anyone tell what's on fire on the first page of Avengers Arena #1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom