• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2013. The only time of year when everyone envies Bobby Drake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Marvel Unlimited has really stepped up their game with support these past few months. Love seeing the huge influx of back issues every week lately.

what stands up best out of the older issues they put up? I only care about comics in the last couple years from them that i skipped buying monthly, things like Punisher's Rucka arc and catching up on Aaron's Wolverine after his weapon x run. They keep creating new gaps, then randomly they have a large update to fill some in while they still create new ones Xo

dan2026

Also I have been meaning to ask, can Iceman not change back into his human form anymore?

Is there a reason for this?
Did something happen?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Also I have been meaning to ask, can Iceman not change back into his human form anymore?

Is there a reason for this?
Did something happen?

That's a good question. If he can't change back that's got to make things difficult ala Kitty.

I thought Loeb actually did a decent job writing Nova for the few issues that he did. I enjoyed it. Believe me, no one was shocked more than I.

Also, Rafa check the figure thread.
Thats what I mean. It was pretty good, but they were hyping it up as a Loeb's magnum opus and he leaves after a handful of issues. Then when they announced Wells he said he disnt think they he could stay on for more than five issues. Makes no sense. They are treating this child like a DC book.

dan2026

Its going to be pretty embarrassing when some well meaning but ignorant writer kills Kid-Nova off in the Cancer-Verse.

rqz9s7v.jpg

Middle image: Nope nope nope, not falling for it. It's some kind of flashback or hallucination. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU! Whhhyyyy do you do this to meeeee!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Middle image: Nope nope nope, not falling for it. It's some kind of flashback or hallucination. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU! Whhhyyyy do you do this to meeeee!

I think it may be a dissection of the actual fight in which Damian dies. Tomasi and Gleason have been doing some of the most heartfelt and truly great Bats comics but they've also been really creative with their approach. Their personal take on the Batman Inc fight could be a really cool issue, with Bruce talking it over with Dick.

Or Damian is back.
Nope

JEKKI

big butts and I cannot lie!!

ca0d92d6fa4911e2bdd322000a1fa8d7_7.jpg

omnibutts that is!!

got it for hella cheap lol. I love Pulp Fiction comics in Long Beach!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I have a small week again.

Green Arrow
Helheim (This has been a fun miniseries. Now I just need to catch up on the Sixth Gun.)

Finally got around to reading Deadpool Kills Deadpool #1 last night.
The art is super great and I enjoyed the dialogue. "Who let the gimp out of his cage!?" lol. Really looking forward to the next book now.

Yeah they're comics aren't all that impressive story wise, but you can't deny they're big fans of the series with the many nods in the comics.

I still wanna give their latest SF TPB and the upcoming Gouki comic a read though.

Had a bit of a look yesterday on the way home, my local store has a few, but they're all around the $7 mark which was a little rich for me. Might hang off a bit.

Dysun

List Wars

Green Lantern 23 (not feeling that hot after the first two issues about it)

All New X-Men 15 (going nowhere fast)
Avengers 17
Superior Spider-Man 15

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

omnibutts that is!!

It's booty-ful. I can't wait to get mines. Truly the book that the A-list supehero known as Animal Man deserves.

Owzers

i just started reading Animal Man vol 1 Morrison trade to see if i should order the Omnibus today, only on the first issue but i don't think the art is to my liking enough to want it oversized. If i didn't own the trades despite not reading them yet, i'd probably get the omnibus though.

I might cave on Absolute Top Ten though.

JEKKI

I want a Saga of Swamp Thing omnibutts too!!

I was gonna start buying animal man in trades, so glad I kept putting it off lol,

but how long can I keep putting off Swamp Thing??

(pretty long since I got plenty to read lol)

I also want a Doom Patrol omnibutts!

He's like Cap, but without the frozen for decades excuse. Also a bit of a psycho.

its 2013 and he spent his first 19 years in a soviet work camp. he might as well have been frozen in time.

he's not a psycho. you would want to kill your sister too if she forced you to become possessed by a demon and chose not to save you, even though she could do it anytime.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
its 2013 and he spent his first 19 years in a soviet work camp. he might as well have been frozen in time.

he's not a psycho. you would want to kill your sister too if she forced you to become possessed by a demon and chose not to save you, even though she could do it anytime.

I thought he was way before that storyline. Only maybe 10% of Scott levels, but still.

Damn, I got excited for a second because there's a Judge Dredd sale going on, but it's just newer stuff. I flipped through an issue of the IDW stuff a few months back, saw the art and was just like ehhhhhhhhhh nah. Is Year One good?

Sweet Tooth is also on sale but I don't need to start up another series at the moment

Damn, I got excited for a second because there's a Judge Dredd sale going on, but it's just newer stuff. I flipped through an issue of the IDW stuff a few months back, saw the art and was just like ehhhhhhhhhh nah. Is Year One good?

Sweet Tooth is also on sale but I don't need to start up another series at the moment

I don't know what Year One is but I read an IDW Swierczynski/Daniel Judge Dredd book a couple month back and it was rot. Especially when compared to the Dredd in the 2000 AD FCBD issue (this Canadian's only encounter with Dredd; single tear).

If Sweet Tooth is on sale then now is the time for Sweet Tooth. There is no time to waste, really.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just to let people know who may be interested, there's a "behind the scenes" issue of The Private Eye available at the Panel Syndicate website, with the same pay-what-you-want model as the regular issues.
All you (n)ever wanted to know about the world's most acclaimed digital series! This 85 page issue extravaganza includes all-new, behind-the-scenes material, from BKV's original pitch for the series to Marcos' character designs. Plus, take a peek at the creators' private email exchange in our very own BKVleaks!

Would be interesting to see how this is working out for them. I've supported the issues so far but can imagine there'll be a big drop off with people just grabbing them for free. If they paid for them in the first place, anyway.

Owzers

there's too many issues of Sweet Tooth to buy them digitally...good sale though for pure digital people. I'd stick to 45% off the six trades at instocktrades and spend the extra $10 overall for the ability to sell them when done or keep them on a shelf if i liked them. I bought the first trade awhile ago and thought it was okay, but didn't like it enough to continue. It's a bit of a glum quiet read.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Its going to be pretty embarrassing when some well meaning but ignorant writer kills Kid-Nova off in the Cancer-Verse.

I want cancer verse characters in the 616. They would be interesting to see interact with their living counterparts.

Valiant's X-O Manowar is actually... pretty good.

XO_001_ThirdPrinting.1.jpeg

Dat Cary Nord.

I've been sleeping on the valiant comeback for far too long... Do solar and magnus have series as well?

Nudull

Banned
Saga is back, all is right with the universe. I'm also hyped for Street Fighter Origins, DC vs. Masters and Itty Bitty Hellboy. :3

omnibutts that is!!

Still need to read this run. It will be lovely. Awesome find, JEKKI. :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On the last 30 pages of the whole Death of Superman, Funeral for a Friend, then Return of Superman from the early 90s. Kinda awesome, kinda cringeworthy in spots. What do people think of it now? I gotta admit, I've been really interested once the 4 new Supermen showed up. Funeral was kind of a weird spot, and Death was incredibly awesome. The start, with Doomsday breaking out of his containment...really fuckin cool.

Owzers

i'm glad the digital versions of villians month is the normal non-crazy 2.99 price, when they drop another dollar in 2 months i'll get whatever are the best issues after all the reviews/gaf love is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom