• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2013. The only time of year when everyone envies Bobby Drake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought some books how did I do?

Cool pile but definitely get this:

3ObhGC3.jpg

kswiston

What I can speak to:

The Good:
Runaways
All Star Superman

The Bad:
Morning Glories

The Meh:
The Walking Dead

The first 48 issues of Walking Dead are definitely worth reading. Things get a little repetitive after that, but the volumes he has are pretty good.

All New X-Men was really good this week. I still have Manhattan Projects to read, but that might be my book of the week.

The first 48 issues of Walking Dead are definitely worth reading. Things get a little repetitive after that, but the volumes he has are pretty good.

I'd agree with that. There's just something about Kirkman's "voice" that bugs me, personally. His stuff isn't bad.

Mark Millar said:
“The ultimate [act] that would be the taboo, to show how bad some villain is, was to have somebody being raped, you know?” he told me. “I don't really think it matters. It's the same as, like, a decapitation. It's just a horrible act to show that somebody's a bad guy.”

sighhhhhhhhhh

All New X-Men X-Men #15

Cool issue. I wonder if Jean's actions will have repercussions in the timeline in the next issues

But imo, Wtf Jean? You're suppose to eventually fall for Logan and ditch Cyclops in the past not fall for Beast. Sorry but I can't stand these pairings ie. Cyclops/Jean, Beast/Jean <--- Not a serious post

All New X-Men X-Men #15

Cool issue. I wonder if Jean's actions will have repercussions in the timeline in the next issues

But imo, Wtf Jean? You're suppose to eventually fall for Logan and ditch Cyclops in the past not fall for Beast. Sorry but I can't stand these pairings ie. Cyclops/Jean, Beast/Jean <--- Not a serious post
The last page is
an affirmation that nothing was changed by her actions; the first thing Jean does after making out with Hank is check the wedding invitation, and it still gives Scott's name alongside hers. Jean's real motive in going after Hank is to change fate somehow, and it's just not working.

Also, didn't care for the issue. BotA is going to be a make-or-break situation with this series for me.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Avengers 17 issue of glacial Hickman has been pretty naff with his Gary Stu All Original Line Up worfing everyone else for the whole run. Might have to drop it if Infinity isn't the Hottest Shit. In comparison, New Avengers seems like the comic he wants to write.

I see theres some X-event next up? I feel like there are too many X-books right now, and All New is running a lot longer than I expected with no real direction (romantic switcheroo match ups now?). Uncanny X-Force has been terrible, I'm not wholly convinced of X-Women after that abrupt opening arc, although the art is gorge. Oh and Uncanny X-Men has been fucking terrible. Wolverine and the X-Men remains the centrepiece.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
If I want to collect all of Gotham Central should I track down all of the hardcovers even if they're expensive? It looks like the paperbacks are missing several issues.

Edit: Wikipedia wasn't clear and it looks like they released TPBs containing all of the issues.

Avengers 17 issue of glacial Hickman has been pretty naff with his Gary Stu All Original Line Up worfing everyone else for the whole run. Might have to drop it if Infinity isn't the Hottest Shit. In comparison, New Avengers seems like the comic he wants to write.

I see theres some X-event next up? I feel like there are too many X-books right now, and All New is running a lot longer than I expected with no real direction (romantic switcheroo match ups now?). Uncanny X-Force has been terrible, I'm not wholly convinced of X-Women after that abrupt opening arc, although the art is gorge. Oh and Uncanny X-Men has been fucking terrible. Wolverine and the X-Men remains the centrepiece.
There will be a X-event this fall. It's called Battle Of The Atom.

The last page is
an affirmation that nothing was changed by her actions; the first thing Jean does after making out with Hank is check the wedding invitation, and it still gives Scott's name alongside hers. Jean's real motive in going after Hank is to change fate somehow, and it's just not working.

Also, didn't care for the issue. BotA is going to be a make-or-break situation with this series for me.

That is not how I read it.
I'm quite sure that it simply a reminder that it is not easy for ANXM#15
Jean to live with the fact that she grew up loving a man that now is hated by his peers and may have murderer her creepy lusting mantipulative -not-quite fatherfigure. But is it now confirmed that everyone of the original X-men but Bobby wanted to be with Jean? Angle, Beast, Xavier and Scott were all lusting after her...

For me it was yet another highlight of Hickman. The last few pages when the "Avenger's World"-caption set in I became really pumped for Infinity.

To me Hickman is crafting the best Avenger's stories in a very long time and if he can keep it up and does not jinx it now with Infinity he may surpass other "good" runs before his second year has even started.

But onwards to the GL Universe:
It get's better. This issue shows the problems that emerge when one makes Jordan a leader. This makes him sympathic for the very first time in a long time. We are not at "Mark Waid's Hal Jordan" love levels, but which writer's Jordan is?

And the subplot Spoiler for GL:NG 21&22 and GL22
of the connection between Kyle and Carol is now featured in the GL book too. This could lead to many problem both inuniverse and espcially the very dangerous real world meaning of Carol's "power" depending on her loving a man, be it Hal or Kyle.
This is going to be interesting and I hope it does not play out in the regular
love triangle
way but that they will add a few twists and turns to it.

Superior Foes of Spider-Man #2 is my favorite this week.
Seeing how all the b-tier villains react when the Punisher shows up was hilarious

Superior Spider-Man #15 felt like filler compared to the events of the last few issues, but it was still enjoyable.

Avengers A.I. #2 was kind of a let down after how much I enjoyed the first issue. I'll stick with it for a while, but I can see myself dropping it later on if it doesn't improve.

Deadpool Kills Deadpool #2 was pretty good.
Galactuspool showing up was an "oh shit" moment

All-New X-Men #15 was a fun issue. The art was a nice change of pace.

Daredevil Dark Nights #3 was a nice solemn issue. I'm liking Lee Week's work a lot.

I still need to read Satellite Sam #2.

kirblar

All New X-Men X-Men #15

Given the rules of time travel (as established in the MU) - they're in a parallel timeline now.

The last page is

Interesting and kind of cruel for Jean to do that. And sort of reasonable :(

Interesting and kind of cruel for Jean to do that. And sort of reasonable :(

Ultimately I feel for young Scott and young Hank throughout ANXM
as they haven't done anything, it's their future selves that are screwing up. Scott, who gets yelled at for something that is, effectively, done by someone else (even if it's his future self) and Hank who will have his emotions toyed with just because Jean is trying to stop shit by herself.

How have you guys read all your comics already? Weren't you at work earning your comics money? I'm just on my way to pick mine up now.

So I saw the ad for Villians month and it list all 52 villians that are getting a one shot. Do I need to preorder the ones I want from the LCS or should I pull them from the shelf like I always do?

Timo

Superior Foes #2 is great, really funny. An enjoyable read. Luther Strode #6 ended ok, I just love Tradds art. Finally got Day Men #1, hot god damn that book is gorgeous. Burn the Orphanage #1 wasn't that good at all. Sheltered #2 was meh. Prophet was prophet, Giannis did good, like usual, though the back up was blah as blah.

Whats the best place to get an online pull list? I'm moving soon and there isn't a comic shop for miles (like an hour away don't wanna drive there all the damn time).

So I saw the ad for Villians month and it list all 52 villians that are getting a one shot. Do I need to preorder the ones I want from the LCS or should I pull them from the shelf like I always do?

You should refrain from buying any of them. Especially with DC pulling this shit for $3.99 a pop.

My DC pulls are going to be very light, that month. Meaning only some Vertigo stuff.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Mark Millar really needs to disappear. I hate that he's so popular and now invading movies.

If I want to collect all of Gotham Central should I track down all of the hardcovers even if they're expensive? It looks like the paperbacks are missing several issues.

Edit: Wikipedia wasn't clear and it looks like they released TPBs containing all of the issues.

Just to help you out, the hardcovers that Wiki lists have since been released in paperback. Just look for Gotham Central: Book One, Two, Three and Four, and not the ones released as Volumes, of which there were five and incomplete.

You should refrain from buying any of them. Especially with DC pulling this shit for $3.99 a pop.

My DC pulls are going to be very light, that month. Meaning only some Vertigo stuff.

But im a DC fan and I like the characters. I dont hate on DC like most the people here. From what I have read, I like the product they are putting out.

Mark Millar really needs to disappear. I hate that he's so popular and now invading movies.

Didn't I read that his "input" on Marvel movies these days is beyond minimal? I think, of course, there will always be the debt they owe to The Ultimates, but as far as him sitting in a room and dictating direction for Marvel movies, who knows, I just don't see it happening.

And that article was just, assuming way too much about KA2's future success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom