• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

Listening to books?

I read about 2-3 times faster than audiobooks go, but audiobooks are still great, because they allow me to squeeze "reading" into every free moment of the day, including moments where actual reading is impossible. I listen to audiobooks while walking out the dog, when I'm shopping, when I'm driving, waiting for bus. Heck..even at work when I'm doing something purely manual. This has allowed me to double the ammount of novels I go through each year.

When they told Shin he'd have to kill a man for his tickets he did so, weeping at the injustice of a world that forced this kind of inconvenience upon him.

One does what he has to do to get to ComicCon. I weep not for the inconvenience but for the lives that stand in my way. May their souls find mercy in heaven or punishment in hell.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Finally got hands on cheap-ass copys of the third Daredevil by Mark Waid OHC and The Marvels Project OHC by Ed Brubaker.

I really hope, the Marvel Now Volume of Waids Run gets the OHC Treatmeant, too... Doesnt seem so at the moment...

Messi

Co worker flipped through my SiP omnibus and then asked why I don't read real books.

Screen_Shot_2012-09-13_at_9.39.39_AM.png

People suck sometimes :(

Just finished reading the main arc in Hickman's Fantastic Four run. I wouldn't have minded if it was a little more compressed but it was still great. Loved the Storm and Parker roommates one-shot too.

I always love seeing the Fantastic Voyage story redone. And the name is so apt here.

Messi

I need the context for this!

Kind of, yeah. But I see Noto's dream woman everytime I look at his art.

Wait.

What if it's my dream woman and I'm just projecting?

I must find her.

No I definitely see it too. But it doesn't really bother me as his art is lovely to my eyes. Same with Amanda Conner. Her harley Quinn is the exception. She doesn't have Conner face.

You can read books and still enjoy comics, you know. People who read one and look down on the other are dicks. I just wish colour e-ink was a thing so I could have one device for both.

I love reading novels and wish i could get to it more than I do (the weekly comic, tv, etc maintenance makes it tough) but man the snooty book lover drives me up the wall. Like the fact its in book form suddenly makes any story more legitimate or superior. They're the damn PC gamer of the fiction story form. Hey newsflash there's a LOT of trash books back in the day and now. Twilight was a novel you fools.

Alright rant over. And just like book lovers, I'm a big PC gamer too..but their holier than thou attitude drives me up the wall too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom