• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
aC4CMp2.png

ATlfko7.png

MR6n8.png

E4q9UXS.jpg

YZIh785.jpg

+Daredevil #18 by Mark Waid and Chris Samnee (Sep 2). In this can't-miss finale, Matt Murdock faces his most dangerous foe with the lives of Matt's loved ones hanging in balance! Waid and Samnee going out with a bang!
+Deadpool vs Thanos #1 & 2 by Tim Seeley and Elmo Bondoc (Sep 2, 23). When people throughout the universe stop dying, Death's two most ardent suitors must work together to find out why. And, beat each other up along the way.
+Miracleman by Gaiman and Buckingham #1 & 2 by Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham (Sep 2, 16). Two years following the massacre in London, a god made flesh watches over mankind but grows increasingly concerned by their prayers.
+S.H.I.E.L.D. 50th Anniversary Specials by Various Writers and Artists (Sep 2, 9, 16, 23, 30). Celebrate a half-century of Marvel's premiere spy agency with a series of one-shots, each focusing on... a character from the TV show. What, no Dum Dum?
+Star Wars: Shattered Empire #1 by Greg Rucka and Marco Checchetto (Sep 9). The Battle of Endor is over, and the Rebel Alliance has decapitated the Empire and freed an entire galaxy! Now see what happens after the credits ended.
+Captain America: White #1 & 2 by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale (Sep 16, 30). The team behind Spider-Man: Blue, Hulk: Gray, and Daredevil: Yellow are back to deliver their long-awaited sequel starring Marvel's Sentinel of Liberty!

QV0uw.png

aOr0prT.jpg

AsDWMjM.jpg

+Mignighter #4 by Steve Orlando and Stephen Mooney (Sep 2). Midnighter has secret agent Grayson right where he wants him! Well, maybe not RIGHT where he wants him, but it's getting pretty close right? Now, if only those pesky vampires weren't around...
+The Omega Men #4 by Tom King and Barnaby Bagenda (Sep 2). The plan to rescue Princess Kalista from her captors is going perfectly smooth! Actually, it's not; it's going really, really badly. And a whole lot of people are about to die.
+Justice League United #13 by Jeff Parker and Paul Pelletier (Sep 9). Stargirl, Steel, Robotman, Batgirl and Vandal Savage are about to enter a war zone for a very unusual mission. Also, witness the return of a legendary DC icon!
+Starfire #4 by Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and Emanuela Lupacchino (Sep 9). A mysterious subterranean creature is attacking Key West! Luckily for Koriand'r, she's made a new friend: the rock-riding, geomancing heroine Atlee, aka TERRA!
+Martian Manhunter #4 by Rob Williams and Eddy Barrows (Sep 16). J'onn J'onnz no more! Around the world, four individuals are now being hunted by an unstoppable monster from Mars. Can they escape, and what secret connects their lives?
+The Sandman: Overture #6 by Neil Gaiman and J.H. Williams III (Sep 30). The final installment of Gaiman's return to the Endless has arrived, with a story that sees Morpheus embark on the journey he began in The Sandman's first issue!

9sam5.png

BzRiIZ8.jpg

JD5OPIL.jpg

+Lazarus #19 by Greg Rucka and Michael Lark (Sep 2). The war between Carlyle and Hock reaches a tipping point, as Forever is shot in the head and seemingly killed in battle! Welp, I guess this is it folks; book's over.
+Plutona #1 by Jeff Lemire and Emi Lenox (Sep 2). Five kids exploring the woods find what for them becomes the start of an amazing adventure: a dead body. This isn't any old cadaver, however; it's the body of Plutona, the world's greatest superhero.
+Sex Criminals #12 by Matt Fraction and A Shed-Full of Car Keys (Sep 16). If they've going to take on the Sex Police, Jon and Suzie are going to need a gang of their own. So it's time for a recruitment drive! Only, one with lube. Lots and lots of lube.
+Tokyo Ghost #1 by Rick Remender, Sean Murphy and Matt Hollingsworth (Sep 16). In the year 2089, mankind has become addicted to technology. In this squalid future, two corrupt enforcers are about to take on the last digital-free region on Earth.
+Low #10 by Rick Remender and Greg Tocchini (Sep 23). Having lost her entire family, Stel Caine has only one thing left to live for: to retrieve the probe that could save mankind. To do so, however, she'll have to set foot on land...
+From Under Mountains #1 by Claire Gibson, Marian Churchland and Sloane Leong (Sep 30). In the remote kingdom of Akhara, a runaway thief, a disgraced knight, and a lord's daughter will brave goblins, witches and ghosts to change the world.

9CWx4.png

xB18ipr.jpg

ZQK6hgV.jpg

+Barb Wire #3 by Chris Warner and Patrick Oliffe (Sep 2). Wyvern Stormblud is the most dangerous bounty that Barbara Kopetski has taken on yet. To nab this crook, she'll need to venture into the abandoned steel mill where danger and death await!
+The Paybacks #1 by Donny Cates, Eliot Rahal and Geoff Shaw (Sep 16). "Where does he get those wonderful toys?" Unless your secret ID's an eccentric billionaire you take out a loan, and when you can't pay the Paybacks reposess your crimefighting gear!
+Fight Club 2 #5 by Chuck Palahniuk and Cameron Stewart (Sep 23). As Marla searches for clues amongst the Fight Clubs, she finds that "boys only" no longer applies to Tyler's big idea. Meanwhile, Sebastian struggles to cope with life after the institution.
+Power Cubed #1 by Aaron Lopresti (Sep 23). Super genius Kenny Logan has created the ultimate in technology: a wish-granting machine! Now, if he wants to see another birthday, he'll have to thwart every shady figure looking to get their hands on his device.
+Colder: Toss the Bones #1 by Paul Tobin and Juan Ferreyra (Sep 30). Nimble Jack's schemes have transformed Declan into a reluctant hero, but as he travels between his own reality and the Hungry World his chances of survival dwindle alongside his sanity.
+Conan the Avenger #18 by Fred Van Lente and Brian Ching (Sep 30). Conan's wandering has led him to cross paths once more with Janissa the Widowmaker, and this time the deadly assassin leads an all-female army out for blood!

ymY7S.png

nKLdfC7.jpg

ceJ2HOm.jpg

+Atomic Robo and the Ring of Fire #1 by Brian Clevenger and Scott Wegener (Sep 9). It's been two years since Atomic Robo went missing, during the invasion of Tesladyne by Majestic 12. Now, a dangerous mission behind enemy lines to find Robo is underway.
+Long Distance #4 by Thomas F. Zahler (Sep 9). When you're separated by state lines from someone you life, the smallest things can have the biggest repercussions. Can Carter and Lee's romance surive the distance, or will it succumb to those little things?
+MLP Friendship is Magic #34 by Jeremy Whitley and Andy Price (Sep 9). The Crystal Empire is under attack by some of Equestria's most dastardly foes! Can our hooved heroes uncover their plot before it's too late, and save the day for ponykind?
+TET #1 by Paul Allor and Paul Tucker (Sep 9). At the height of the Vietnam War, the murder of a fellow soldier will throw Eugene Smith's life into disarray. Can Eugene get to the bottom of this mystery, and escape the country intact?
+Jem and the Holograms Outrageous Annual #1 by Kelly Thompson, Jen Bartel, Amy Mebberson and More (Sep 30). In this first annual special, the band gets together for movie night. What does each one's favorite film say about the Holograms?
+Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #50 by Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman and Mateus Santolouco (Sep 30). A fiftieth issue milestone! Four years of stories converge into one singular moment as the Turtles battle their arch-nemesis Shredder in a battle for New York and the world.

4T1fu.png

WnBDWUL.jpg

mShlolp.jpg

+Public Relations #1 by Matt Sturges, Dave Justus and David Hahn (Devils Due, Sep 2 Aug 26). Dan's on a date with his office crush! There's just one catch: the date is to Dan's father's birthday party. Oh, and Dan's father is king of a magical fairytale kingdom. Serious. (EDIT: this comic has already been released.)
+Aliens/Vampirella #1 by Corinna Bechko and Javier Garcia-Miranda (Dynamite, Sep 2). As mankind begins to colonize Mars, explorers awaken an ancient horror that only Vampirella can face! Wait, can vampires even drink acid blood?
+Book of Death #3 by Robert Venditti, Robert Gil and Doug Braithwaite (Valiant, Sep 23). As events foretold in the Book of the Geomancer continue to play out, an old enemy returns to change the outcome in his favor: the deadly necromancer known as Master Darque!
+Wild's End: The Enemy Within #1 by Dan Abnett and I.N.J. Culbard (Boom!, Sep 23). The town of Crowchurch still stands following the alien invasion. As survivors rebuild and try to get on with their lives, a military coverup is underway to silence them forever...
+Kaijumax #6 by Zander Cannon (Oni, Sep 30). Battered, abused and beaten since his time on the island, Electrogor seizes the opportunity to return to his family in a daring escape attempt. Will the plan succeed, or result in more misery?
+Rachel Rising #37 by Terry Moore (Abstract, Sep 30). Hoping to draw her murderer out of hiding, Rachel decides to reveal the secret of her resurrection to the town. The reception her story gets, however, is one she never quite expected.

SpD81R8.png

Spoilers. In the age of digital comics, they are increasingly becoming an issue in these threads, as the drive to be first to discuss the week's releases overrides common sense and good posting etiquette. So over the coming weeks and months, the members of Comic GAF will be collaborating on and will eventually be implementing a system of general rules for avoiding spoilers on new comics in the Comics OT thread. But for now, please abide by the temporary guidelines outlined below. And remember, you are being watched and judged by your peers.

1. Discussion of newly released comics that involves specific plot details shall be accompanied at all times by the appropriate use of the
tag function.
2. Direct posting of full-page images from newly released comics using the tags is strictly prohibited, and outgoing links to such should be accompanied by the appropriate spoiler warnings.
3. Direct posting of images or spoilers from comics that have yet to be released is strictly prohibited, and outgoing links to such should be accompanied by the appropriate spoiler warnings.
4. Covers, solicitation copy, and/or promotional materials shall not be considered spoilers and are allowed, unless their content involves specific plot details; in those cases, outgoing links with spoiler warnings should be used.
5. The unmarked posting of spoilers related to comics will be allowed after a period of one week (Wednesday to Wednesday) from that comic's release.[/b] ([u]NOTE:[/u] Longer? -Spike)
[b]6. Members of Comic GAF are expected at all times to exercise common sense and polite discretion as a matter of courtesy to fellow posters. I know, tough one.
7. If you are unsure of whether or not posting something would constitute a spoiler, err on the side of caution and use the [SPOILER] tags.[/b]

In short, don't be Stephanie Brown. Don't be... The Spoiler. For one thing, you can't pull off purple.

Happy reading!

ElNarez

Banned
yeah but who cares

we're on our way to getting the final word on Gaiman's Miracleman

comics history in the making

Fuck Dan Didio and the whole LA culture. These stories need to be told. I can't be stopped it's going to take a whole lot more motherf***** white folks to take a brah like me down.

ElNarez

Banned
oh hey I just remembered: Original Sin's tie-ins retconned post-WW2 Dum Dum as an LMD Old Fury made to talk him out of doing the Real Bad Fucked Up Nasty Shit, which he then blew up because Old Fury can't afford to give a fuck he needs to save the universe.

Vibranium

Banned
oh hey I just remembered: Original Sin's tie-ins retconned post-WW2 Dum Dum as an LMD Old Fury made to talk him out of doing the Real Bad Fucked Up Nasty Shit, which he then blew up because Old Fury can't afford to give a fuck he needs to save the universe.

And now LMD Dum-Dum's being revived as for the upcoming Howling Commandos book, which is actually pretty frickin' awesome compared to that retcon.

I still long for the day when Jim "The Badass" Steranko returns to write a 60's Fury solo book adventure. Marvel then can use Ultimate Fury for modern day.

Squire

Banned

I imagine ANAD has undone that.

Christ that sounds bad.

And now Dum-Dum's being revived as a zombie for the upcoming Howling Commandos book, which is actually pretty frickin' awesome compared to that retcon.

Is that what they're doing? Weird. He's Clint's handler in New Avengers, too.

So that's interesting.

Vibranium

Banned
Is that what they're doing? Weird. He's Clint's handler in New Avengers, too.

So that's interesting.

Wait, my bad. He's still LMD Dugan actually. He's going to be leading a team of monsters for SHIELD and that's pretty cool.

I miss the original Dum Dum though. :(

Squire

Banned
I might actually grab all of Gotham Central this week. $40 is a pretty solid deal.

Wait, my bad. He's still LMD Dugan actually. He's going to be leading a team of monsters for SHIELD and that's pretty cool.

I miss the original Dum Dum though. :(

Yeah, just knowing it's not him is a little eh.

That there OP is a major diss on Valiant and Mignolaverse. Shameful behaviour, really.

'd also say it's anti-Avatar Press, but eh. or not. Seems Spurrier picked up writing duties for Crossed 100 after Alan Moore, whose ishs are collected in a trade released this month. Moore's also writing a book called Providence for them. Standard horror fare, it seems.
one of the variants seemed to be some sort of vagina monster.

Also Gillen going for that Liefeld demo

Tizoc

Dat Harley in the banner.
Genius.

Dat subtitle though; I don't buy just 'anything' I've got class and style.

Also
FUCKING HELL AMAZON.COM WILL YOU SHIP MY CHRIS PRIEST BP VOL. 1 ALREADY, YOU HAD ALL MONDAY TO PREPARE IT SHIP NAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Busaiku

The end of Mr. Waid/Mr. Samnee's Daredevil and Ms. Campbell's Jem and the Holograms (until issue 10) this week...
BibleThump

Tizoc

The end of Mr. Waid/Mr. Samnee's Daredevil and Ms. Campbell's Jem and the Holograms (until issue 10) this week...
BibleThump

Daredevil finale.
GAF I can't
It was a great ride, and now I have one less comic to look forward to every month or 2....

Cheska

Tokyo Ghost this month!! :O I just listened to the 11 O'Clock comics episode with Rick Remender over the weekend and I'm now more excited than ever to read it.

Cheska

I'm gonna listen to this episode.

It's very good and enlightening! I recently dropped iFanboy in favor of 11 O'clock Comics. Just felt like it was the same repetitive stuff on iFanboy, while my biggest complaint about 11 o'clock comics has always been the length of the episodes. So now I just dedicate a day where I only listen to that podcast.

It's very good and enlightening! I recently dropped iFanboy in favor of 11 O'clock Comics. Just felt like it was the same repetitive stuff on iFanboy, while my biggest complaint about 11 o'clock comics has always been the length of the episodes. So now I just dedicate a day where I only listen to that podcast.

Were ifanboy getting too jaded for your tastes? Imma have to check out this other podcast you're talking about though. I've a few slots open myself.

Messi

Yeah I am enjoying this. He seems really nice and genuine. I only listen to Talking Comics but I am falling out of love with that show.

No wall of shame? For shame

Messi
LaunchpadMcQ
Freezasaurus
Zombine
GAMEPROFF
Hagi
Brian Fellows
sillymonkey321
Coriolanus
Kipp

What do the posting analysts say about the cause of the post count drop?

- Loss of investor confidence in Sinister Silk.
- Kipp took his investment portfolio and moved it to commodities (figures).
- The market had previously been Bullish on Valiant without really looking at the P/E. This is just the correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom