• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Loss of investor confidence in Sinister Silk.
- Kipp took his investment portfolio and moved it to commodities (figures).
- The market had previously been Bullish on Valiant without really looking at the P/E. This is just the correction.

I'm seeing signs that Valley Ant growth and earnings will exceed projections, so I think it may be undervalued at the moment.

Messi

- Loss of investor confidence in Sinister Silk.
- Kipp took his investment portfolio and moved it to commodities (figures).
- The market had previously been Bullish on Valiant without really looking at the P/E. This is just the correction.

This all makes perfect sense.

reading the shadowman thingie, eyes lock on something called punk mambo. wtf is a punk mambo?
3698694-sm_016_variant_dauterman.jpg

kinda surprised that she hasn't been a massive hit around these parts with a design like that, tbh
cynic in me going all "ah, so she's 80's voodoo constantine. ok"

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
The sub-title is actually why I stopped posting so much. I went WAYYY over budget last month and being here makes me want things.

reading the shadowman thingie, eyes lock on something called punk mambo. wtf is a punk mambo?

kinda surprised that she hasn't been a massive hit around these parts with a design like that, tbh

She had a one shot with Sid Vicious' ghost.

It was kinda cool.

This sounds in-fucking-sane. I'm in so hard.

I read her one-shot. I'm not keen on her design, but I figured some people around here would like it.

omg no not on the destiny ttk ps4 paycheck noooooo

(get love and rockets)

I was going to ask you today for some recs. Love and Rockets, got it.

I have video games to buy today. Who has time for pictofics?

GMG extended their Mad Max offer, I'm probably getting it now. Plus, I finally have Arkham Origins thanks to Humble's end-of-summer sale.

And if more people thought this way instead of just reading Bat/Super/Spiderman then we'd have many more awesome books out there instead of them getting canned.

We seem to skew very differently from a lot of other comics fans, at least judging by social media. This is 100% a good thing, I get to recommend cool books to people, and I also get to see books that interest me being shilled. I would never read Image and other stuff were it not for this community, now they're my favourite publisher.

We seem to skew very differently from a lot of other comics fans, at least judging by social media. This is 100% a good thing, I get to recommend cool books to people, and I also get to see books that interest me being shilled. I would never read Image and other stuff were it not for this community, now they're my favourite publisher.

Yes, but those other comic fans are wrong!
I'm half kidding, but I do think a lot of people that could afford to take more risks in what they read really should. Like you, I would have missed a huge amount of awesome stuff if I had just stuck with the most well known stuff of the big two.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Harbinger made me feel things.

Peter's redemption & Faith / Torque love in particular.

Might have to hold off on the last trade (Omegas / Faith #0.) Need time to process.

But what's the problem if that is what people enjoy?

Oh, it's not a problem in the sense that people can't do it. I've just, anecdotally, picked up that a good number of people could be interested in other stuff but are a bit afraid to wander out to try some of it.

Might have to hold off on the last trade (Omegas / Faith #0.) Need time to process.

Yeah, I couldn't jump right to that either last night after reading vol 4 and 5.
I was almost much completely in tears for the last few issues, which I admit probably doesn't say a ton because I'm pretty fucking emotional.

Yeah, I couldn't jump right to that either last night after reading vol 4 and 5.
I was almost much completely in tears for the last few issues, which I admit probably doesn't say a ton because I'm pretty fucking emotional.

it's a fantastic, character-driven book.

it's a bummer that a lot of those great characs haven't been followed up on in recent books

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Carly Rae Jepsen - Gimmie Love
The Weeknd - Often

repeat. all day.

I'm in the same boat. I don't read the Ms Marvel letters section on the subway anymore.

They aren't? That's super disappointing to hear.

That last trade (Omegas/Faith) is pretty much the last we see of a lot of them.

That comes after the Armor Hunters crossover, right?

But with how they're bringing back Shadowman, I'm confident they'll show up again. Kot did a similar cool thing with Archer in Dead Drop.

Because there are so few characs in the universe, and they're all so distinct, you can have one show up randomly in something and it feels really special.

Some of the story continues in Imperium, but strays from the core Harbie kids.

lol

MADA MADA DANE

But with how they're bringing back Shadowman, I'm confident they'll show up again. Kot did a similar cool thing with Archer in Dead Drop.

Because there are so few characs in the universe, and they're all so distinct, you can have one show up randomly in something and it feels really special.

I'm not sure I ever got the order straight, but I'm pretty sure Omegas comes after Armor Hunters.

Harbinger is coming back as an ongoing or mini next year, as is Archer & Armstrong.

Yeah, Imperium is like exactly one-half of the story moving forward. Still an amazing read, but not really a
continuation for the Renegades.

Aww, I had been hoping that we'd see at least some of them in Imp Beer Run, since I'd gathered that sorta kinda follows from Humdinger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom