• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Chivalry 2, Scorn, A Plague Tale: Requiem, and More

Will buy sable, getting the lock.on related art book.

3-5 games for me, Plague Tail, Walking Dead Games and Dyson Sphere.
I played the demo way back and the art style is awesome. Going to probably start it up again tonight, but I will likely buy it at some point as well.

Pretty cool news for GP users.

That PR on Twitter tho... Weird way of showing of the game, but I guess that's what kids are into?

That video makes me irrationally angry. Or perhaps rationally angry. I guess this is what kids find funny these days. Yuck.

But the game is cool I'm sure!
Please, show us how you feel with an emoji.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Great month as expected, and we still have the back half of the month to go.

The best part is this is just the first half.

We already know of the following games in the 2nd half, there will be more with the announcement in 2 weeks.

10/20 Norco (console)
10/21 Persona 5 Royal
10/27 Signalis
10/27 Gunfire Reborn
10/31 The Legend of Tianding

adamsapple

The_Mike The_Mike

would you mind updating OP with the information of all games coming soon from the Xbox article ?

anthony2690

Banned
[/URL]

TW_Coming-Soon_10.4.2022-5f5df4b89e5d39bf7e33.jpg
Nice, might reinstall Chivalry 2 as I can actually play it with friends & siblings now :)

& Really looking forward to Plague Tale Requiem.

Already done Costume Quest back in the day, really enjoyed it.

No interest in Scorn, I just hate the art style.

I'll have to look up Eville & Medieval Dynasty, never heard of them.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
The_Mike The_Mike

would you mind updating OP with the information of all games coming soon from the Xbox article ?

Updated 👌🏻

The_Mike

M/KB archer players on PC right now

donald-duck-rubbing-hands-together-apmdfjei6rzb8dln.gif

Game has crossplay.... looking forward to this as a PC player who already gets huge amounts of hate being an archer and spearing people with a javelin...

Can't wait for all the new console players who have the turning circle of a semi

Should either have a fuck load of auto aim or turn off cross play otherwise controller users will be nothing but cannon fodder lol.

The best part is this is just the first half.

We already know of the following games in the 2nd half, there will be more with the announcement in 2 weeks.

10/20 Norco (console)
10/21 Persona 5 Royal
10/27 Signalis
10/27 Gunfire Reborn
10/31 The Legend of Tianding
I'm really glad I didn't buy Legend of Tianding. Nearly did like 20x. And heard great things about Norco.

Stuart360

Gold Member
Civalry 2 coming is nice as its neded a playerbase boost for a while now. It was getting hard to find games in a respectable time, and that was a few months ago when i last played.

Stuart360

Gold Member
By the way, anyone else notice they kind of stealth dropped Valheim on PC Gmaepass last week?. That was a little strange to drop it with little fanfair to say how popular the game was.

Stuart360

Gold Member
Hasn't been stealth though, they've announced it some time before and not just insta drop it like chivalry 2
Right i missed it. I hadnt seen it advertized, even in these Gamepass threads. It just surprised me a bit when i saw in on Gamepass the other day.

adamsapple

The art looks really cool, but I'm not sure how much game is actually there. Hopefully it's good. I don't think the timed exclusivity is very long, probably like 6 months or less.

It's probably gonna be a shallow FPS which coasts on the merits of its art and gross-ness. Probably gonna be a good 4~6 hour game pass romp.

Bridges

Great month, barely squeaked out the first Plague Tale before it left GP so I'm ready for this. Loved the first Chivalry so will hop on that with friends, and Scorn will hopefully actually be a game and not just a creepy setting but I'm excited to find out. Never finished Costume Quest back in the day but I must own it on at least 3 platforms by now so maybe I'll hop back in there as well. Sad I never got around to trying Sable but from what I hear maybe I didn't miss much beyond a unique art style.

Well maybe I won't have to waste that much time on that one then lol. But I still intend to try it.
As a big Swery fan I got enjoyment out of it, I backed the game and will check out whatever he releases, but the game is bizarre. No idea what the target audience is, it is extremely tedious and tonally all over the place. It has some neat ideas though, worth checking out imo but it's impossible to recommend with how dated it is in so many respects. You really won't play much else like it though, and the story, if you can actually make it to the end, takes an interesting political twist.

tommib

The art looks really cool, but I'm not sure how much game is actually there. Hopefully it's good. I don't think the timed exclusivity is very long, probably like 6 months or less.
I don’t mind if there’s not a lot to do in it. Just being in that world with that soundesign and art is enough. We don’t get stuff like this often, not at this graphical level. Enjoy it!

twilo99

Enjoy, Scorn guys! Very envious. Will wait for the timed exclusivity to end.

Get gamepass for a month and you can play it on cloud..

I guess with that particular game fidelity might be very important for most people but I am not sure.

tommib

You know a seriesS is cheap, it will save spending full price on gamepass content.
I had one and sold it after getting the PS5. I tried everything I could during those 3 months. I could play Scorn on xcloud but I think I’ll just wait. That game needs pristine picture quality. Streaming will eventually get there.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I had one and sold it after getting the PS5. I tried everything I could during those 3 months. I could play Scorn on xcloud but I think I’ll just wait. That game needs pristine picture quality. Streaming will eventually get there.
Thats a shame. Its definitely a good addition to gamepass, has returnal vibes.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Q4 for Game Pass is already off to a great start. I watched some Scorn gameplay and it’s definitely some fucked up shit. Really amazing visuals, though. Just upgraded my Deck SSD and installed Win10, so I’m ready for a barrage of GP games.

The_Mike

Anyone else thinking chivalry 2 is hard as fuck lol.

I can't make the drag left drag right drag left combo. I keep getting hit.

I'm gonna get fucked.

twilo99

Scorn and Plague alone are probably worth $100+

They should start putting the total retail value of all these games on the bottom.

The_Mike

Damn tried to turn off cross play, couldn't find a game.

Game is doa on console unless you want to be easy cannon fodder.

Stuart360

Gold Member

They should start putting the total retail value of all these games on the bottom.
Yeah they should, consumers lap up that kind of stuff.
Having said that, i went to sign in on a different PC a couple of months ago and they seem to still advertize Gamepass as 'Over 100 games', when there are over 450 lol.

adamsapple

They do with the games with gold titles, where I guess they need to justify it a bit more lol.

With Game Pass it usually is good enough monthly anyway that the question of value doesn't usually come up.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Anyone else thinking chivalry 2 is hard as fuck lol.

I can't make the drag left drag right drag left combo. I keep getting hit.

I'm gonna get fucked.

You have hit Lt, turn left hit LT twice then turn right, hit lt twice again and turn left

U have to turn really fast too. Its anoying as hell and pretty much useless against real people, at least for noobs like me anyway.

But its actually a pretty fun game, the visuals are nice too.

Topher

Gold Member

Plague looks great. Scorn looks like shit. To me, anyway. Nice we have Game Pass to figure it out though.

Last edited:
Well part 1 finally clicked for me. Playing in French. The gameplay is pretty minimal. But the graphics, OST, story and setting are all pretty great. Actually really enjoying it. Just played chapters 1-3. I think I'm going to play both of them this month. Its pretty good.

Jaybe

Gold Member
Well part 1 finally clicked for me. Playing in French. The gameplay is pretty minimal. But the graphics, OST, story and setting are all pretty great. Actually really enjoying it. Just played chapters 1-3. I think I'm going to play both of them this month. Its pretty good.
Plague Tale Innocence??

Top Bottom