• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept artist at Obsidian: "Man...it's gunna be extremely cool when I can finally share what I've been working on for the last 2 years"

GHG

*looks at twitter bio*

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Guess we will find out eventually.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Grounded is still in beta and TOW2/Avowed aren’t coming this year. Maybe hang fire Obsidian.

GHG

I’m pretty sure many of your favourite games were designed by people with similar twitter bios.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Especially considering the fact that there are only a handful of games made in the last 5-10 years that get anywhere near my all time favourites list and even fewer that were made by Western studios in that timeframe.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Grounded is still in beta and TOW2/Avowed aren’t coming this year. Maybe hang fire Obsidian.

To be fair grounded is pretty amazing, so credit where credit is due, just needs dedicated servers.

If they have anouther suprise like that I'd be happy to see what they have been working on.

Papacheeks

Banned
Obsidian is Xbox's Insomniac, guys are insane in how many projects they work on at a time. I hope Microsoft treats them right. Obsidian is an exciting developer, Avowed is going to be fun, and I'm hyped for Outer Worlds 2. I think Obsidian is better than most Bethesda studios in terms of output.

Topher

Gold Member
*looks at twitter bio*

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Guess we will find out eventually.

Prior to this, she worked on the Pathfinder Adventures card game as "Primary 2D Artist":

"2016-2017: Pathfinder Adventures, Primary 2D Artist.
Created assets for card art, UI, and marketing purposes. Created original card art (Character, Props, Illustrations, Environments), and modified pre-existing art for use a new digital format. Small team, with open communication. Task management, some QA testing. Managed the marketing art for public use, and Steam/GOG."

ss_228ca70de9182e5f1f37879bba278ea49a6b9888.600x338.jpg
ss_e397ace4d51952dffb0d32b70c628ea266207785.600x338.jpg
ss_8e22456deec9d2f62c09cf7753f559f52e8154c3.600x338.jpg

Before that she wasn't in the video game industry. Worked as a freelance illustrator for 10 years.

K2D

Banned
-Concept artist
-No prior affiliation to Fallout
-Worked on Outer Worlds

Hype level negative (-)50 Very excited!

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
How many projects does OBSIDIAN have in development? I imagine she's talking about AVOWED or OW2. Definitely not GROUNDED related, which would be nice to see get out of EA but there's no reason to be coy on Twitter about it.

I’m pretty sure many of your favourite games were designed by people with similar twitter bios.

. . .I don't even know why they bothered clicking on the tweet to even check that out. Has literally nothing to do with what they're talking about.

Wildebeest

So the Outer Worlds 2 will have a gameplay trailer this year, and it is going to have subversive art work which will eat away at the very foundations of society? Okay, I guess.

Fredrik

You guys okay.... Now I think I understand the stigma, why women think gamers are sad virgin losers.
Sometimes I really wish I was still a virgin so I didn’t have to fight with a gang of kids over the consoles 😞
The girl is beautiful. That’s all. Some of us aren’t brainwashed enough to not see this. And yes, gaming has a problem with beautiful female characters. The modern audience Twitter mob has made devs afraid to create characters that look too feminine and pleasant on the eyes, said to be objectification or whatever.

anthony2690

Banned

Sometimes I really wish I was still a virgin so I didn’t have to fight with a gang of kids over the consoles 😞
The girl is beautiful. That’s all. Some of us aren’t brainwashed enough to not see this. And yes, gaming has a problem with beautiful female characters. The modern audience Twitter mob has made devs afraid to create characters that look too feminine and pleasant on the eyes, said to be objectification or whatever.

Joking aside, I think we still get attractive female characters, I think people just focus or get hung up on the ugly characters for some reason in video games.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Joking aside, I think we still get attractive female characters, I think people just focus or get hung up on the ugly characters for some reason in video games.
i think she is attractive , dont know why you thrashed me in your post
pic5305880.jpg

would definitely smash

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
i think she is attractive , dont know why you thrashed me in your post
I just thought it was a little creepy, you guys went out your way to find a picture of the twitter user and then complimented her appearence :p

I hereby apologise to mansoor1980 mansoor1980 I didn't think my playful bash, would cause so much trauma, do you forgive me? ❤️

Edit: I rescind my apology after your edit, you're one thirsty dude 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Top Bottom