• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept artist at Obsidian: "Man...it's gunna be extremely cool when I can finally share what I've been working on for the last 2 years"

anthony2690

Banned
She apparently has multipersonality disorder, so all you thirsty dudes better hope she's a girl today or they will destroy you.

I have to ask where do you even find out this twitter user has this disorder?

Some of you guys are legit investigators on here. :p

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member
"Man...it's gunna be extremely cool when I can finally share what I've been working on for the last 2 years"

A few Months later on GAF.
Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Ozriel

M$FT
How many projects does OBSIDIAN have in development? I imagine she's talking about AVOWED or OW2. Definitely not GROUNDED related, which would be nice to see get out of EA but there's no reason to be coy on Twitter about it.

This is 100% Josh Sawyer’s unannounced game.

Ozriel

M$FT
You don’t think it’s unusual for a studio to reveal 3 games when their latest game isn’t out of beta?

They’re revealing just one game.

Avowed and Outer Worlds 2 were revealed ages ago. Grounded 1.0 supposedly comes out this year.

Stop rooting around for forced negativity when none exists. It’s cringy as fuck

Banjo64

cumsessed

Avowed and Outer Worlds 2 were revealed ages ago. Grounded 1.0 supposedly comes out this year.

What is 1 + 2 I wonder?

Stop mindlessly arse licking coorperations, it’s cringy as fuck.

Ok let me rephrase the question; do you think it’s unusual for a developer to have 2 announced projects whilst their latest game isn’t out of beta?
It is for most developers, for Obsidian though? Nah. They released 5 games in the last 8 years, and I'm not even counting Grounded that should come this year or Skyforge and Armored Warfare where they were only co-developers.

reksveks

Ok let me rephrase the question; do you think it’s unusual for a developer to have 2 announced projects whilst their latest game isn’t out of beta?

Unusual maybe. Ultimately does it impact me? No. Does it impact the quality of the games? Imo, no.

Not many dev's (relatively) do early access games alongside other games so unsure what you would prefer. You want Obsidian's tiny dev team to be a blocker on the rest of the teams or Obsidian to do a more convention game release structure?

As a forum/community, we do seem to care about 'advertising' to an unusual level.

Last edited:

trikster40

Said every artist who hasn’t been able to show their work on anything in over 2 years. Pretty sure the concept artist behind The Life of Black Tiger said the same thing.

digitalfoundry-2017-life-of-black-tiger-is-the-worst-ps4-game-weve-ever-played-1485356226101.jpg

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

GROUNDED is a WILDLY small game. . .that is in Early Access because it is a wildly small game. This isn't even close to being the top project at OBSIDIAN and I believe they've actually said as much in interviews.

2 years ago the number one game in the world was assassins creed Valhalla.

VALHALLA wasn't released until the late-Fall of 2020.

Three

The person in the tweet is talking about Outer Worlds 2. They were not allowed to share their work on Outer Worlds 2 but will be able to soon.

Alebrije

This sounds like the average developer hyping a work in development...so its value is 0 un terms of expectations

Ozriel

M$FT
The person in the tweet is talking about Outer Worlds 2. They were not allowed to share their work on Outer Worlds 2 but will be able to soon.

No. Her bio says ‘unannounced project’, and Josh Sawyer - who is known to be leading an unannounced project at Obsidian - chimed in with an emoji response.

It cannot be TOW2 because that’s already announced.

This sounds like the average developer hyping a work in development...so its value is 0 un terms of expectations

Works at one of the most respected RPG studios in the industry and is working on a project led by Josh Sawyer.

Not earth-shattering stuff, but There’s value In getting what seems like confirmation we’ll see Obsidian announce yet another game at the Showcase.

Fredrik

Joking aside, I think we still get attractive female characters, I think people just focus or get hung up on the ugly characters for some reason in video games.
Well there is a reason why people focus on that. I think some dev even mentioned that they’re deliberately making female characters less beautiful now, would make them more believable or something idk

Meanwhile out in the real world you see beautiful people every day, natural beauties, strong and beautiful, sports women, women working out in gym trying to build more feminine curves, women spending money on makeup and pretty clothes for no other reason than to make themselves more beautiful.

Why western gaming is trying to make women less beautiful, less curvy, wear less pretty clothes and remove femininity I don’t understand.

But whatever maybe I’m just getting too old for this. I liked playing as a muscle man with a loincloth too back in the days. 🤷‍♂️

Three

2 years?
So only another 5 years of dev,
2 years is pre production these days lol
Her bio says concept artist on unannounced project. Concept art isn't really production stage to begin with. I think her main work will be TOW.

ANIMAL1975

Tell me anyways. End this suffering!
I've sent a private message with the details but be advised, at the same time I've attached a deadly nanocybernetic toxin that can be spread through the electromagnetic field of the world wide web servers, your brain will collapse and your shutdown in seconds. Please think twice if it's worth it.

Fuz

Banned
Jesus Christ this forum can be such a shit hole... a woman says something, she has a bio that links to her awesome art... instead it's a bunch of shit posts about her bio that has nothing to do with her career.

Grow the fuck up dudes.
You're not wrong.

It's just that at this point, we know how it ends with the pronoun crowd.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You're not wrong.

It's just that at this point, we know how it ends with the pronoun crowd.

This topic has been a pretty good showcase of how freaked out some people can get at the idea of others using pronouns ..

Only 2~3 people talking about the art and the rest just wildly speculating about pronouns.

Last edited:

samoilaaa

Again, has nothing to do with the quality of her art.
show me a good game made by devs that have as a priority the correct use of pronouns , inclusivity , representation of lgbtq community and we will all shut up

let me tell ya that you wont find such a game

reksveks

show me a good game made by devs that have as a priority the correct use of pronouns , inclusivity , representation of lgbtq community and we will all shut up

let me tell ya that you wont find such a game
What does that even mean?

It's such an arbitrary metric.

lHyxLPd.jpg

For some, that won't count and for some, it will.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Jesus Christ this forum can be such a shit hole... a woman says something, she has a bio that links to her awesome art... instead it's a bunch of shit posts about her bio that has nothing to do with her career.

Grow the fuck up dudes.
Yeah, let's get this thread back on topic with comments that should have read like this below on similar "dev hypes their products" subjects 🤭

"PSVR2 is very, very cool. Horizon is super impressive."
- Sony employee.

I'm sure that is true, but this is a big nothingburger.
Lol Sony employee says that Sony product is cool… Not news at all.
Doesn't she like work for Sony? Would she ever say it is bad?
She was a huge promo whore for Cyberpunk and we know how that turned out. I thought we’d never hear from the SimpQueen after that fiasco.
Sony developer says Sony's piece of hardware is cool. In other news, Miyamoto loves Mario bros, he says the game is cool.

We have so much emotional damage when it comes to our hobby, innit.

Apocryphon

The pictures of fish in her InPrint gallery are better than anything in her Artstation portfolio. That's literally the only opinion I have about this topic so I'm going to leave now. Enjoy.

Patrick S.

Banned
They’re just black characters or characters with coloured hair do you not want different looking characters am I missing something here? Do you want everyone to have blonde hair blue eyes or something
Dude are you blind? These/they/them all got hit by the ugly lesbian cannon 9000.

Top Bottom