• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conor McGregor vs Eddie Alvarez vs UFC 155lb belt offical for UFC 205 in NYC at MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHale

Dana will remind Aldo and his manager how much he stands to gain from a Conor rematch and Aldo will shut his mouth and wait his turn. He's not getting that kind of pay day in Bellator.

He had his chance when RDA dropped out of the fight. Actually both Edgar and Aldo were offered that fight and refused. I understand it was on short notice but Diaz accepted it and won. Bisping accepted a short notice fight vs. Rockhold and won.

If you have a chance to fight for the belt you lost in 14 seconds, you have to take it and he didn't especially after saying "I'm ready anytime anywhere". Then when the opening was there, he wasn't ready. So shut up and wait especially considering he took 14 months between the Mendes and McGregor fight. McGregor crushed him 9 months ago and he's already whining about it?

Aiii

So not worth it
They even gave Aldo an interim belt after 6 months to appease him, guy can't claim Dana doesn't do anything for him.

Kacho

That's hilarious, the way Conor held up the division for an entire year by not defending his belt while the UFC puts on these carny ass fights just to pander to his ego, lol lol Aldo so butthurt by that mad trolling

For real? It's hilarious that the FW champ who was unbeaten for TEN YEARS got so pissed at the UFCs disrespect of any kind of ranking system that he wants to leave?? Grow up ffs

Pander to his ego? Sure there's some of that but it's mostly about the money. He's making them a lot of it. I'm pretty confident most people aren't shedding tears for Conor holding up the FW division. Poor Aldo. :'(

TheCool69

Neo Member
Why is it not mentioned that when RDA pullea out, UFC called Aldo and asked him to replace. His camp said he was not ready..

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/2...shape-turned-down-offer-to-replace-rafael-dos

Dana (White) called me, telling what happened and asking if Aldo was in shape to fight," Pederneiras told Combate. "I said he wasn’t and that there wasn’t enough time, and unfortunately he wouldn’t be able to fight next week."

But just few weeks earlier...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/1...-mcgregor-short-notice-entertainment-mma-news

If there's one thing the head of Nova Uniao, Andre Pederneiras, can assure you, is that Jose Aldo is eager to get his rematch with Conor McGregor. In fact, Pederneiras told Portal do Vale Tudo the former UFC featherweight champion wants to face McGregor again so badly, he doesn't even mind if he's called on short notice.

"That's what he wants the most. He wants it so much that he's already training conditioning, jiu-jitsu and boxing. Nothing too excessive, of course, but he wants to stay in shape. He's not lazy. He will always be expecting that chance to get the fight on short notice, otherwise he might not get another chance. He's got that notion in his mind so he's staying active. "

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
I thought Aldo had to turn the rematch down due to medical suspension after being KTFO.

Doesn't excuse his shit talking.

JB1981

Why does everyones post use wrestlefuck lately. That word has become so overused and instantly reeks of sherdog geeks.

Please stop.

Do people not remember that Alvarez got taken apart on the feet by Cowboy and Conor is a far better striker and harder hitter than Cowboy, surr its not an easy fight for Conor but hes going to make mince meat of him on the feet after stuffing a takedown and rattling Eddie. Eddie won't know what to do abd will get desperate for a takedown.

And Conor showed great takedown defence in the last fight vs Diaz.

Conor is longer, leaner and hits hard so will keep Eddie at range like he always does and massively crack him coming in on the overhand.

Eddie hasn't looked anything special so far in his UFC career.

He's going to shoot, clinch, grind and just try to overwhelm him physically because he definitely cannot beat him standing up. I agree that Conor will pick him apart on the feet. Eddie has a hell of a gas tank and trains with top-tier fighters at his gym. No means an easy fight for Conor

They even gave Aldo an interim belt after 6 months to appease him, guy can't claim Dana doesn't do anything for him.

They didn't do that for Aldo, they did that so Conor wouldn't hold up the division. Essentially making Aldo fight championship fights for a belt that no one would consider legitimate anyways. It's shitty treatment.

Pander to his ego? Sure there's some of that but it's mostly about the money. He's making them a lot of it. I'm pretty confident most people aren't shedding tears for Conor holding up the FW division. Poor Aldo. :'(

145 along with 155 is one of the more stacked divisions in the UFC. Lots of talented and exciting fighters. Nobody is going as far as crying over the division being held up but Conor vs. Alvarez isn't exactly some grand amazing match up anyways. Alvarez has had a crap run during his time in the UFC and neither Alvarez nor Conor has defended their belts even once, so this isn't a superfight either.

I thought Aldo had to turn the rematch down due to medical suspension after being KTFO.

Doesn't excuse his shit talking.

Pretty much. Like no one is faulting him for taking time after getting KTFO, but if you have to take time don't start saying you will fight him anytime anywhere at any weight I might add, if when you get the call you're gonna run like a little bitch.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Aldo wants no part of a rematch against McGregor. Right now he still has the lucky punch defense, his legacy was tarnished, but not irrevocably so. He's still considered one of the best p4p of all time.

What happens if McGregor clowns him again though? His career and legacy are destroyed forever. And make no mistake about it, McGregor is still in his head. Maybe going to Bellator and dominating there is what's best for him right now. You don't ask to be released from your contract if you want to retire.

In other news the UFC wanted to offer Khabib money to stay ready to be a replacement in case any of the fighters at the main event got injured, which I guess tells you how much Dana cares about protecting his biggest cash cow, since Khabib is widely considered the worst match up out there for Conor.

But he wanted an opponent instead. So who should the UFC pay to stay ready? I can think of no one better than Nate Diaz. Like I don't want to see the fight right away, but if Alvarez McGregor falls through, I'm more than OK with Diaz fighting either of them. I hope the UFC agrees.

NHale

In other news the UFC wanted to offer Khabib money to stay ready to be a replacement in case any of the fighters at the main event got injured, which I guess tells you how much Dana cares about protecting his biggest cash cow, since Khabib is widely considered the worst match up out there for Conor.

But he wanted an opponent instead. So who should the UFC pay to stay ready? I can think of no one better than Nate Diaz. Like I don't want to see the fight right away, but if Alvarez McGregor falls through, I'm more than OK with Diaz fighting either of them. I hope the UFC agrees.

Then Khabib is going to fight Alvarez or McGregor. They offered to pay him to stay ready but he wanted to fight, so he's still the backup. Johnson is probably warned he will be dropped out of the card if Alvarez or McGregor can't fight.

Pretty much. Like no one is faulting him for taking time after getting KTFO, but if you have to take time don't start saying you will fight him anytime anywhere at any weight I might add, if when you get the call you're gonna run like a little bitch.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Aldo wants no part of a rematch against McGregor. Right now he still has the lucky punch defense, his legacy was tarnished, but not irrevocably so. He's still considered one of the best p4p of all time.

What happens if McGregor clowns him again though? His career and legacy are destroyed forever. And make no mistake about it, McGregor is still in his head. Maybe going to Bellator and dominating there is what's best for him right now. You don't ask to be released from your contract if you want to retire.

And you're still crazy to think any of these fighters are scared to fight each other. 2 losses to one guy doesn't tarnish a 10 year undefeated streak. It didn't for Silva, Hughes, or any number of other fighters. Why would Aldo be an exception?

Then Khabib is going to fight Alvarez or McGregor. They offered to pay him to stay ready but he wanted to fight, so he's still the backup. Johnson is probably warned he will be dropped out of the card if Alvarez or McGregor can't fight.

That makes sense. It would be horrible for McGregor if it happened though. Toughest fight on the roster and again for no belt.

As for Aldo if you think another humiliating loss wouldn't destroy his standing I don't know what you're smoking.

Look at Claudia Ghadella. She lost one split decision and one unanimous decision to Joanna and she put up a fight, it wasn't anywhere close to an annihilation, yet her career is completely stalled as a result. She's miles ahead of the rest of her division, yet she's in a weird limbo where she won't be getting a title shot any time soon unless someone can beat Joanna.

Imagine how much worse it would be for Aldo if he lost decisively again. He has to know that. It's much better for him to trash talk McGregor and making it seem like the other guy is running, but in reality there's very little upside for him taking that fight.

Unless he can KO McGregor, winning a decision like the Edgar one does him no good either. He needs to completely erase the memory of that KO and I honestly don't think he still has it in him and probably he doesn't either.

When I say he fears McGregor that's what I'm talking about. It's not like he would run away at the mere sight of him or go to sleep trembling at night. But you can be damn sure he fears that fight and rightly so.

Don't sleep on MJ.

I would love to see him flatline khabib.

He's saying that if either Alvarez or McGregor get injured and pull out of the fight, Khabib would be the replacement and MJ wouldn't even get the chance to fight, which sounds about right to me.

Kacho

145 along with 155 is one of the more stacked divisions in the UFC. Lots of talented and exciting fighters. Nobody is going as far as crying over the division being held up but Conor vs. Alvarez isn't exactly some grand amazing match up anyways. Alvarez has had a crap run during his time in the UFC and neither Alvarez nor Conor has defended their belts even once, so this isn't a superfight either.

I didn't argue that it was. Pretty sure Conor just wants to hold two belts which is why this fight is happening. I seriously doubt Conor is even interested in defending his belt at this point.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Unless he can KO McGregor, winning a decision like the Edgar one does him no good either. He needs to completely erase the memory of that KO and I honestly don't think he still has it in him and probably he doesn't either.

Conor got rocked and tapped by Nate, and the memory of that loss was wiped out by a 25 minute majority decision. The "gassed out panic wrestler" narrative for that one loss hasn't hurt him apparently.

oneils

Yes! A buddy of mine managed to snag two tickets at the 200 level, this morning.

I'm pretty stoked. Such a great card.

That makes sense. It would be horrible for McGregor if it happened though. Toughest fight on the roster and again for no belt.

As for Aldo if you think another humiliating loss wouldn't destroy his standing I don't know what you're smoking.

Look at Claudia Ghadella. She lost one split decision and one unanimous decision to Joanna and she put up a fight, it wasn't anywhere close to an annihilation, yet her career is completely stalled as a result. She's miles ahead of the rest of her division, yet she's in a weird limbo where she won't be getting a title shot any time soon unless someone can beat Joanna.

Imagine how much worse it would be for Aldo if he lost decisively again. He has to know that. It's much better for him to trash talk McGregor and making it seem like the other guy is running, but in reality there's very little upside for him taking that fight.

When I say he fears McGregor that's what I'm talking about. It's not like he would run away at the mere sight of him or go to sleep trembling at night. But you can be damn sure he fears that fight and rightly so.

You're comparing a fighter who got a title shot and lost against a fighter who dominated a division for 10 years.

Not even a close comparison. At all.

I didn't argue that it was. Pretty sure Conor just wants to hold two belts which is why this fight is happening. I seriously doubt Conor is even interested in defending his belt at this point.

You argued that no one cares about 145 being held up. Completely untrue.

Conor got rocked and tapped by Nate, and the memory of that loss was wiped out by a 25 minute majority decision. The "gassed out panic wrestler" narrative for that one loss hasn't hurt him apparently.

Exactly. Can you spot the difference between McGregor Diaz II and Aldo Edgar? One was a war where both guys were trying to put each other away the whole time. The other was a "clinic" with one guy happy to neutralize the other and win a unanimous decision. The former would help restore his reputation, the latter not so much. Plus I very much doubt it would go the same way as the Edgar fight.

I didn't say no one cares. I said most people don't care.

You then went on about how McGregor and Alverez isn't a super fight and I never claimed that it was.

And I disagree that most people don't care. MMA fans don't like seeing a division stagnate. Conor fans don't care who he fights. So why stagnate the 145 so Conor can do whatever he wants? It makes the UFC look like a joke giving the outward appearance of being more entertainment than sport.

My point about it not being a superfight was that no one was clamoring for this fight but Conor.

Kacho

And I disagree that most people don't care. MMA fans don't like seeing a division stagnate. Conor fans don't care who he fights. So why stagnate the 145 so Conor can do whatever he wants? It makes the UFC look like a joke giving the outward appearance of being more entertainment than sport.

My point about it not being a superfight was that no one was clamoring for this fight but Conor.

While I don't personally care about the division being held up I don't disagree with what you're saying either. Conor has goals (e.g. holding two belts) and the UFC is being lenient with him because he continues to pull in a ridiculous amount of money. The only way I see Conor defending his FW belt is if he loses his fight with Alverez. IF Conor doesn't agree to defend his FW title in his next fight I absolutely think he should be stripped of it.

Hard to see Conor win this one unless he scores a flash KO early. I didn't exactly favor him against RDA, but that was a better matchup stylistically for him than Eddie.

I can understand why the UFC is taking the chance, though. If Conor were to somehow win, a third Diaz fight in the spring for the belt would likely be the biggest event in the promotion's history.

oneils

Wow so jealous. Ticket prices are insane

Yeah. The weak Canadian dollar hurts too. But I haven't traveled for a holiday in years. Been saving up for something like this and now I finally have a great opportunity because nov 11 is a holiday here.

Can't wait.

3N16MA

Banned
The FW division is more than just Aldo and Conor. Conor looks like he is doing everything to not go back down there. I think 155 is a better fit for him and it seems like that is where he wants to be.

If he has no intention of defending his title at that weight then just give it up. Focus on 155 and let the other FW have a shot at the belt. As mentioned earlier in the thread it looks like he is hanging onto the belt just so he can claim he is a two weight champ if he gets the 155 title. Only that has taken him much longer than expected. That and he may use it as a backup if 155 doesn't work out.

Conor could probably get a fight with Aldo whenever he wants even if he did drop the belt.

Eanan

I feel more for Max Holloway in this whole fw division being held up, more so than Aldo. Poor guy can't even get on this card, let alone a title shot.

I feel more for Max Holloway in this whole fw division being held up, more so than Aldo. Poor guy can't even get on this card, let alone a title shot.

Agreed. Not sure why he gets overlooked.

Conor didn't blow him out of the water and that fight was years ago. Yes, I know Conor hurt his knee.

kMgBvKI.gif

Well I'm so right that Aldo has just asked for his contract to be cancelled rather than risk fighting McGregor again. He actually wants a fight against Holloway or Pettis for the real belt. Since the UFC won't strip McGregor he's chosen to retire (or move to Bellator).

When he could easily just wait till November and he would know one way or the other. Either McGregor defends the FW belt or he drops it and Aldo gets his wish. There's no way the UFC allows another fight without defending that belt. At that time it's still been less than a year since the Aldo fight. How long did Conor have to wait for Aldo again? He's just a massive baby I feel.

Well I'm so right that Aldo has just asked for his contract to be cancelled rather than risk fighting McGregor again. He actually wants a fight against Holloway or Pettis for the real belt. Since the UFC won't strip McGregor he's chosen to retire (or move to Bellator).

When he could easily just wait till November and he would know one way or the other. Either McGregor defends the FW belt or he drops it and Aldo gets his wish. There's no way the UFC allows another fight without defending that belt. At that time it's still been less than a year since the Aldo fight. How long did Conor have to wait for Aldo again? He's just a massive baby I feel.

Dana has been saying that Conor has to drop his belt or defend it since the first Diaz fight. Now Conor is on his third fight post Aldo and there is still no guarantee that this will happen. One of the p4p best with 7 title defenses is being treated like an absolute nobody. Aldo's frustration is 100 percent justified. And do you really think he wants his contract terminated because he's scared to fight Conor? That's the most outlandish shit i've ever heard.

Yaari

Well Dana White's empty promises don't make things any better for Aldo either. Sure we know how he is by now, but the guy promised him a rematch in the locker room after he lost I think? Then again after the Nate Diaz fight.

I can see why Aldo is frustrated with it. The division is on hold as Conor is cruising around. I sure love to watch him fight but if I was in that division, I'd be pissed too.

Conor said he'd destroy the division and he did. Fighting there leaves people little future perspective. Especially since him and his coach sometimes mention never going back down to that weight at all. Right now the belt is just being used as a tool to market his future fights.

Edit: Ah biosnake20 pretty much said what I wanted to post.

Exactly. Can you spot the difference between McGregor Diaz II and Aldo Edgar? One was a war where both guys were trying to put each other away the whole time. The other was a "clinic" with one guy happy to neutralize the other and win a unanimous decision. The former would help restore his reputation, the latter not so much. Plus I very much doubt it would go the same way as the Edgar fight.

When did you start watching MMA? I'm genuinely curious.

McGregor winning an incredibly close MD over Diaz, which could have gone either way, does not come close to Aldo making Frankie Edgar look like a novice. McGregor was still the favourite going into his rematch.

A lot if not most people wrote Aldo off as past his prime and on his way out, all because of a flash KO. iirc Frankie went in as the favourite only to be humiliated for 5 rounds, and a lot of people had Frankie pegged to beat both Aldo and McGregor - you don't hear much of that nowadays.

Holloway didn't dominate the division for 10 years only to be treated as shit when he lost. At least he's still young, he'll fight for the title relatively soon, he can't be more than 1 or 2 fights way at the very most.

Aldo doesn't deserve to be treated like shit despite being one the best fighters the UFC has ever had if not the best.

The Beard

Aldo legitimately wants a rematch with Conor, I'm not sure how you've come to the conclusion that Aldo is trembling in his boots at the thought of facing Conor again.

Also not sure why you think Aldo could "easily just wait" until after 205. As if it's set in stone what will happen with the FW belt after that. Dana and Conor both said that he would go back down to defend his belt after the first Diaz fight. They were both pretty adamant about Conor going back down and defending his belt after the Diaz rematch. Now Dana is saying if Conor wins he'll have to drop the FW belt. Conor is saying he's not dropping shit.

What if Conor vs. Eddie is an instant classic and Conor loses by split decision? Conor will get an instant rematch again if he wants it. Then what?

Aldo doesn't deserve to be treated like shit despite being one the best fighters the UFC has ever had if not the best.

Then why is he?

Just because uncle Dana is a meanie?

Or because he would pull out of major events with minor injuries any other guy would have fought with regardless. Even while being cleared by a doctor to fight.

Or his refusal to learn English even after being champion for 6 years.

Or the fact that you love to remind us that he's been dominating for 10 years, champion for 6, but he only defended 9 times. That's a fight every 8 months. In Cowboy's time frame he dominated for less than 2 years. Mighty Mouse has only been champion for 4 years and he's up to 8 defenses already. Sure 9 defenses is still a lot I will give you that, but...

He was the least watched champion in the whole roster. Even worse than Mighty Mouse. And MM has the excuse of being a flyweight. People usually don't care that much for those divisions. Conor has clearly proved that there's interest in featherweight.

That's why even after "10 years of dominance" he was never offer an immediate rematch. That was never on the table, even if McGregor had stayed at FW. You may disagree with that and that's fair, but that's the reality. If McGregor had stayed at FW it was Frankie's fight.

As for the Aldo Edgar fight I feel it's somewhat similar to Mayweather Pacquiao (minus the hype of course). And I think this applies everytime a fight is called a "clinic". It's just another term for a very technical fight where a guy shows superior skill and is just interested in getting the win. He doesn't care about putting on a show or going for a finish. Those fights appeal to the most hardcore fanbase, but to the regular public they're a snooze fest. I'll freely admit to being a casual in this respect. I found the fight boring as he'll and I'd be happy if I never have to watch either fighter again. I want to be entertained.

Neither of those guys is Mayweather, who's the only one that can get away with that and still have people watch his next fight, just because people want to see him get beat.

So if Aldo wants to take his ball and go home, I'm pretty sure Dana will tell him not to let the door hit him on his way out and I can't say I entirely disagree.

Edit: I'll answer to the guy above me.

The plan was always fight for the belt then go down and defend FW then LW and so on. Dos Anjos threw a major wrench to that plan and we got the Diaz fights.

Now we are back on track. If after this McGregor still doesn't wanna defend the FW belt I don't see how he talks his way out of relinquishing it. If his next fight after Alvarez is at FW he'll get to keep it. The rumours up to the fight said that the point of contention was McGregor keeping his belt and that he offered to defend it early 2017, which seems somewhat reasonable. Still about as active as Aldo.

Then why is he?

Or because he would pull out of major events with minor injuries any other guy would have fought with regardless. Even while being cleared by a doctor to fight.

Or the fact that you love to remind us that he's been dominating for 10 years, champion for 6, but he only defended 9 times. That's a fight every 8 months. In Cowboy's time frame he dominated for less than 2 years. Mighty Mouse has only been champion for 4 years and he's up to 8 defenses already. Sure 9 defenses is still a lot I will give you that, but...

He was the least watched champion in the whole roster. Even worse than Mighty Mouse. And MM has the excuse of being a flyweight. People usually don't care that much for those divisions. Conor has clearly proved that there's interest in featherweight.

That's why even after "10 years of dominance" he was never offer an immediate rematch. That was never on the table, even if McGregor had stayed at FW. You may disagree with that and that's fair, but that's the reality. If McGregor had stayed at FW it was Frankie's fight.

As for the Aldo Edgar fight I feel it's somewhat similar to Mayweather Pacquiao (minus the hype of course). And I think this applies everytime a fight is called a "clinic". It's just another term for a very technical fight where a guy shows superior skill and is just interested in getting the win. He doesn't care about putting on a show or going for a finish. Those fights appeal to the most hardcore fanbase, but to the regular public they're a snooze fest. I'll freely admit to being a casual in this respect. I found the fight boring as he'll and I'd be happy if I never have to watch either fighter again. I want to be entertained.

Neither of those guys is Mayweather, who's the only one that can get away with that and still have people watch his next fight, just because people want to see him get beat.

So if Aldo wants to take his ball and go home, I'm pretty sure Dana will tell him not to let the door hit him on his way out and I can't say I entirely disagree.

The plan was always fight for the belt then go down and defend FW then LW and so on. Dos Anjos threw a major wrench to that plan and we got the Diaz fights.

Now we are back on track. If after this McGregor still doesn't wanna defend the FW belt I don't see how he talks his way out of relinquishing it. If his next fight after Alvarez is at FW he'll get to keep it. The rumours up to the fight said that the point of contention was McGregor keeping his belt and that he offered to defend it early 2017, which seems somewhat reasonable. Still about as active as Aldo.

1. There is no need for him to learn english.

2. He fights 1-2 times a year. That's not as much as others but it's not low either.

3. Actually if you look at PPV numbers Aldo does significantly more than Demetrious.

4. Everyone gets injured, this is not an excuse to treat someone like shit.

Jezbollah

Aldo pulling out of the first McGregor fight and not lasting more than 20 seconds when they actually fought put him in a weak position.

Then why is he?

Because Dana is willing to cater to McGregor at the cost of what little integrity the sport has left nowadays.

Fighters get hurt. All the time. Aldo wasn't hurt enough not to want to fight.

Irrelevant.

Cowboy is an outlier, and doesn't have belt to defend. Aldo fought frequently enough for a champion.

Aldo pulled better numbers than Mighty Mouse - not that that should even fucking matter, but okay.

McGregor made people interested in McGregor, not the featherweight division - that's also irrelevant.

Aldo wasn't offered an immediate rematch because 1) he had a medical suspension, and 2) McGregor was promised a title shot at 155.

Far less dominant champions received immediate rematches. 10 years of undisputed reign put Aldo first in line and Frankie second.

In Pac/May, Pac had his moments. Aldo/Edgar was more like May/Alvarez, which was a dominant masterclass from start to finish.

Fans of the sport loved the fight because it was an amazingly display of skill not many believed Aldo still had in him.

The non "just bleed" part of MMA fans absolutely want to see Aldo fight again.

Aldo is a big deal in Brazil, and Dana isn't going to let him walk away without trying to keep him.

McGregor gets a pass for the first Diaz fight. It was a short notice replacement. After that, however, he should have been sent back to FW to defend his title against Aldo.

Diaz/McGregor II before McGregor/Aldo II was outrageous. McGregor/Alvarez before McGregor/Aldo II is downright stupid and disrespectful.

There is nothing reasonable about a fit and able champion taking a year away from his own division in which there is an interim champion and numerous other contenders with claims to challenge him.

4. Everyone gets injured, this is not an excuse to treat someone like shit.

Yes, but they usually don't have a doctor's note saying they're ok.

Like dos Anjos caught flak for pulling, but he had a broken foot and the x rays to prove it. Aldo had a bruised rib. Just like Diaz for the rematch. Do you imagine Nate Diaz pulling 'cause of a bruised rib?

It's why one is a star and the other isn't, even though the one that isn't might be more a more skilled fighter.

Unfortunately this isn't true. The UFC wants trash talk and it's by and large an English speaking promotion. Fighters who don't speak English are going to miss out.

Plus it's understandable if you're just getting to the UFC from a foreign promotion, but if you've been champion for 6 years? Inexcusable.

And you wanna do another round of promotion with McGregor. After a humiliating loss (and let's not kid ourselves, the guy told him exactly how he was gonna beat him and he still rushed into that left like a chump, it was pretty humiliating). How is that gonna go for Aldo this time?

He's probably looking forward to that even less than the actual fight with McGregor. By the time the translator is done explaining how McGregor just made fun of him, the crowd is already laughing at him and he'll get no chance to respond.

It's the UFC's fault as well. They should have paid for individual English classes for Aldo when he became champion. But now in 2016 with how global the UFC has become a champion that doesn't speak English just won't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom