• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console tradition of cheap pricing might lead to poor performance.

People really don't know how price works here.

When the Xbox One and PS4 came out in 2013, they were $300 machines at best, they were not $400 machines. They could have both released consoles that are close to or met PS4 Pro levels of power but instead we got marginal upgrade and refreshes.

AMD has been making chips for the new standard for a couple years now but it's still costly. That's the difference with these new consoles coming out, you don't really have cheap Jaguar options in this newer format, I wouldn't be surprised if both consoles are around $500 unless they decided to cut some corners.

sendit

Nope this time for 400$ itll be worse than the past because computer tech is againts good pricing this days im afraid we might just get faster load times on old looking games

Agreed. New hardware (2020) that is replacing hardware from 2013 will only improve load times. Additionally, Sony and Microsoft are looking to get the shortend of the stick by paying retail prices (not bulk) for the parts they are using inside their consoles. Suckers!

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Im not talking of ps5 vs series x theyll all be the same always have been my question is will a ps5 really be significantly powerful than a ps4 at 400$

Games will continue to be made for a certain target specification. Which in the case of a generation shift means that devs will get more memory, more cpu and gpu power etc. More headroom for sure. But that doesn't mean better or different games, the same economic and creative drives remain.

Just be realistic.

Silvawuff

Haven't consoles always been sold at a loss (at least at launch) with the money coming from software? The most powerful box in the world is just a box if it doesn't have quality games to back it up.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lmao at everyone here saying buy a pc. pc's get the same identical version of console games with settings that make the most minuscule of differences. look at the videos posted on the first page of interactivity completely missing from current gen games. do the pc versions of those games have the level of interactivity? of course not. pcs have had great cpus for almost a decade. no dev takes advantage of it. pcs are and will always be limited by consoles. there is literally only one dev working to make a pc only game and they have taken 8 years and $250 million to launch an alpha.

so yes, we need consoles to be powerful. ms is doing the right thing by launching a powerful 12 tflops gpu. As a sony fan, its frustrating watching sony going after the casual crowd by giving us an underpowered 9 tflops console that will be bested by a rtx 2070 when it comes out. a midgen card that would be 2 and a half years old. and that shit is supposed to last us till 2027? give me a break.

all those billions in profits and they are skimping on an apu that wont cost them more than an extra $20-50. surely they can afford to take that loss. if not they can pass the costs on to the consumer but they arent willing to do that either because they are chasing casual cunts using their consoles to play f2p trash like fortnite. for the ps5, sony should change their slogan from #4thegamers to #fuckthegamers because no gamer asked for yet another $399 shitbox.

im sure they will still sells tons because lets face it us sony fans will buy it to play horizon 2, gow 2 and spiderman 2. i just hope no one else does. lets hope ms takes back all the hardcore gamers they lost last gen because hardcore gamers simply cannot reward such pandering to madden bros and soccer moms who have never even heard of a tflop. i would love for ms to go in for the kill and price their console at $399 just to rub it in. the apu size is pretty much the only difference between the two consoles. take a bigger hit and go for the jugular like sony did last gen. see what happens if they both come in around $399 and sony is sitting there holding their small 9 tflops penis.

p.s this post is enhanced for dramatization to make for an entertaining read. i dont think the ps4 was a shitbox lol, but its fun to call it that to make a point.

Nester99

“If you want power buy a PC”

“But there are console exclusives I want!”

Then you’re not interested in power. You’re interested in games. Which is in my opinion, the correct way to think. That’s why I got a PS4 rather than a new gaming PC. I wanted bloodborne. It was the right choice as the game was amazing and It certainly didn’t make use of the PS4 power.

Hot take.
A person can be interested in multiple features at the same time. Its not a zero sum game.

sendit

lmao at everyone here saying buy a pc. pc's get the same identical version of console games with settings that make the most minuscule of differences. look at the videos posted on the first page of interactivity completely missing from current gen games. do the pc versions of those games have the level of interactivity? of course not. pcs have had great cpus for almost a decade. no dev takes advantage of it. pcs are and will always be limited by consoles. there is literally only one dev working to make a pc only game and they have taken 8 years and $250 million to launch an alpha.

so yes, we need consoles to be powerful. ms is doing the right thing by launching a powerful 12 tflops gpu. As a sony fan, its frustrating watching sony going after the casual crowd by giving us an underpowered 9 tflops console that will be bested by a rtx 2070 when it comes out. a midgen card that would be 2 and a half years old. and that shit is supposed to last us till 2027? give me a break.

all those billions in profits and they are skimping on an apu that wont cost them more than an extra $20-50. surely they can afford to take that loss. if not they can pass the costs on to the consumer but they arent willing to do that either because they are chasing casual cunts using their consoles to play f2p trash like fortnite. for the ps5, sony should change their slogan from #4thegamers to #fuckthegamers because no gamer asked for yet another $399 shitbox.

im sure they will still sells tons because lets face it us sony fans will buy it to play horizon 2, gow 2 and spiderman 2. i just hope no one else does. lets hope ms takes back all the hardcore gamers they lost last gen because hardcore gamers simply cannot reward such pandering to madden bros and soccer moms who have never even heard of a tflop. i would love for ms to go in for the kill and price their console at $399 just to rub it in. the apu size is pretty much the only difference between the two consoles. take a bigger hit and go for the jugular like sony did last gen. see what happens if they both come in around $399 and sony is sitting there holding their small 9 tflops penis.

p.s this post is enhanced for dramatization to make for an entertaining read. i dont think the ps4 was a shitbox lol, but its fun to call it that to make a point.

30 FPS to 144 FPS is a pretty massive difference if you ask me.

theclaw135

Banned
Top of the line GPUs have little competition to drive down prices. Nvidia can do whatever they feel like.
Right now, AMD doesn't even make an extremist gaming card.

Kev Kev

Isn’t that kind of the whole idea?

Worse graphics and performance but less cost and no assembly?

I’m really happy with where graphics and performance is on consoles despite seeing how advanced and powerful PCs are now. So I’m cool with it.

Last edited:

Xmengrey

I hate this logic, because there are a number of games that are console only that I can not play on a PC. If consoles didn't have a place in the consumer market then they would have died off long ago. I think we should be able to get powerful consoles especially if they are limited to playing games, whereas a PC can do so much more.

Then I suggest voting with your wallet and asking for those games to show up on PC, or waiting for an emulator.

Though it's entirely possibly next gen Sony jumps on the PC train with MS to increase software sales and compete with MS on the console front.

Switch already has an emulator
and Microsoft is already putting their games on PC

Tomeru

“If you want power buy a PC”

“But there are console exclusives I want!”

Then you’re not interested in power. You’re interested in games.

Thats some expert level logical fallacy ypu got there. I hope you think long before replying (if you even want to).

Derktron

Banned
They have to be cheap, gaming is for the common consumer while PC is for hardcore gamers. That’s how it’s always been if that were the case then all the common consumer would be buying into PC gaming. 🙄

JordanN

Banned
Youll never have a graphics leap even if u used a super computer because games are designed on consoles and ported to pc,
Fake news.
PS4 couldn't even handle the original UE4 demo when a more powerful PC could.

Also, console games still struggle to hit 60fps, even at launch. On PC, 60fps is literally the bare minimum, with PC gamers having higher frame rates since 2001.

Shangounchained said:
so even pc gamers should hope the series x and ps5 are a dignificant leap cause if not then ull be playing cheap ass console ports for the next 7 years on ur 2000$ pc
PC exclusives don't exist now?

Last edited:

Bkdk

The ones that can afford higher price it will get a pc. Consoles are always meant for budget gaming with cutscene heavy games like those from recent Sony AAA titles that can finish within a few hours for some quick fun.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Fake news.

Also, console games still struggle to hit 60fps, even at launch. On PC, 60fps is literally the bare minimum, with PC gamers having higher frame rates since 2001.

Have us gamers even got a game looking and playing like the 2012 Samaritan Unreal Engine 3 demo yet?

Kagey K

Banned
Average age of console buyer has and will always be a dad mostly a middle aged dad or mum buying for his 5-15 year old boy. And i think weve had this habit of consoles being cheap cause ever since were 10 weve hoped our parents wont complain of pricing and old habits die hard so were now in our 20s+ and most are still stuck in this habit
I think this is factually wrong, we are at the point now where most parents grew up with consoles in their home, gamed on them then and continue to game on them now.

A parent is likely to spend more on a system if they are going to use it as well. This old school 80s boomer parents buying games for kids is nonsense now.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Honestly, next gen could take the Wii approach and I wouldn't mind. Games look really good right now. In 2006, game graphics took something of a step back in a lot of ways, because TV technology changed, and game art didn't really change with it to make up for the differences. We're at a point now where technology and technique have come together and games look amazing. I don't need a big jump in graphics to be more than satisfied with how games look. In fact, I'd like more resources to go into game design and bug fixes before release. That would be a better use of manpower.

I've picked up a few games this gen that are horrendously buggy at launch, and that's something that concerns me when I think about what happens when the updates get taken off the servers to make room for material for new games. How many games will become unplayable when their publishers make them abandonware?

Digital visual arts is a young medium. Technology could stand still for a decade and people would still be able to find new ways to make games look better with the tools that are available. Game design also doesn't need significantly more power, as games are not getting significantly more complex as time goes on.

I think this is factually wrong, we are at the point now where most parents grew up with consoles in their home, gamed on them then and continue to game on them now.

A parent is likely to spend more on a system if they are going to use it as well. This old school 80s boomer parents buying games for kids is nonsense now.

Console prices have just about matched inflation since the 80s. The NES launched for $179, which is about $400 now.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
We pretty much already know what a 400$ console means. In 3 years there will be another 400$ PS5 Pro scenario.

You know what 400 + 400 = 800 means? Still cheaper than a top end PC so stop crying and buy 2 consoles.

I've gone this whole generation on the regular PS4 which I regret but at the same time wont buy a new console especially with what minimally IMO the PS4 Pro offers as an upgrade.

With PS5 I'll probably be day one, and with PS5 Pro I'll probably be a Day 1 too. I can see the benefits to having multiple consoles, I can even foresee taking one to work for lunch breaks. EMBRACE THE 2 CONSOLE GENERATION FUTURE

tatayoyo

Neo Member
It kills me every time a new console comes out and I see these delusional posts from people who have no clue always talking about new consoles being more powerful than whatever top of the line GPU is out. Like yes, your $400 box is going to perform better than a PC where the graphics card ALONE costs $800. Sure thing buddy.

People just set themselves up for disappointment every time a new console comes out. It's unbelievable to me.

Just what I wanted to say.
One important thing to add though, maybe the question should be something like :
Can we optimize this thing so that it runs really good and beautiful and fast paced games?
The answer is always yes, it's just a developer thing then to optimize the game for the platform and that's where it has always been lacking.

Last edited:
What do you mean by performance? Shiny graphics or frame rate? If its framerate, I say its upto developers to optimize.

If you want even shinier graphics and horsepower to use that 8k tv, I am afraid I am fine with ps4 graphics even.

I am interested in what new type of experiences they can make with horse power they have.

Kagey K

Banned
Console prices have just about matched inflation since the 80s. The NES launched for $179, which is about $400 now.

That wasn’t my point, the person I replied to insinuated that clueless parents are buying consoles for their 5-15 year old kids.

And trying to price match for inflation is always a fruitless cause. Nobody cares about what those old consoles would have cost then, they care about what it costs now. The comparison is worthless.

Last edited:
I was blown away by horizon graphics and God of war to name a few. That was from a $400 console.

Do they make thousands of exclusive games for nvidia Rtx 2080 owners?

There are thousands of games for consoles across Xbox, PlayStation and switch. With near 200 million install base Including them all.

Most people on steam don’t have Rtx cards they have a gtx 1060.

Yes there may be more PCs than consoles, but consoles push the baseline graphics.

Im not saying consoles have better graphics than a high end pc , but the RTX 2000 series doesn’t have an install base of 150 million does it?

I can't wrap my head around why MS and Sony can't do $ 1000 pro versions of consoles at launch with finance option available like samsung and papple and other phone makers are doing? Whats stopping them? It's been proven that people will absolutely pay over $ 1000 for super weak devices.

Make a larger box with much better cooling so you can run cpu at much higher clocks, put more CU's on gpu and woila 60fps at 4k in all games for only $ 1000.

And console will last you 7 years until new one comes out unlike phones where theres new one every year with 5 % better performance and they still sell :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
That wasn’t my point, the person I replied to insinuated that clueless parents are buying consoles for their 5-15 year old kids.

And trying to price match for inflation is always a fruitless cause. Nobody cares about what those old consoles would have cost then, they care about what it costs now. The comparison is worthless.

It's not worthless at all. Parents in the 70s, 80s and 90s were willing to spend almost a week's paycheck on a toy for their kids. Parents now are still willing to do that. The fact that adults now also use them doesn't change the fact that consoles are expensive. The expense has never stopped people from buying them.

Greedings

Console warriors REALLY hate when you tell them their newest black box that sits under the TV is not that powerful. Your gaming machine power is not the same as your penis size.
I have a PS4. I know it’s not the most powerful thing in the world, but it’s got the games I like!

No mate kids will always be kids you might think that little old you is spending alot on games but thats an illusion, the way kids are addicted to games is a million fold than us try to think as urself when u were 12 u couldnt wait to wake up and smell ur controller most of us are gamers but nomatter what gamer u are u cant beat kids the industry wad invented for them afterall. I have 3 little nephews who game on everything i have 24-7

Console warriors REALLY hate when you tell them their newest black box that sits under the TV is not that powerful. Your gaming machine power is not the same as your penis size.
I have a PS4. I know it’s not the most powerful thing in the world, but it’s got the games I like!
Nobody cares literally no gamer cares if his console is as powerful as a pc ur addiction to compare the 2 is the problem here, gamers just want their brand new gen consoles to be better than the last simple.

Fake news.

That tech demo of unreal 4 showed effects that where never really used in games again the pc could display that but becausee games are console ports they never designed ganes to use that much physics, all ull get in pc is higher res stuff and more fps the assets remain the same, there arent pc exclusives that are great like they used to be because theres no point in making a game solely for pc gamers who are only 20 percent and everybody else has a console its a waste of money for somethibg u could still make on console and itll still look spectacular, pc will always be a console port receiver the days of pc exclusives are dead.

Games will continue to be made for a certain target specification. Which in the case of a generation shift means that devs will get more memory, more cpu and gpu power etc. More headroom for sure. But that doesn't mean better or different games, the same economic and creative drives remain.

Just be realistic.
I dont believe that because i can see a lot of things to be improved and it doesnt really take high developing budgets making better physics, adding more polygons and better tectures per scene, better lighting, are the easy fundamentals and all require faster processing and more and faster memory its easy as that. And the rumourd 16gb ram isnt that much of an upgrade its still mediocre n all this because cheap fans want to get a ps5 at 400$

JordanN

Banned
That tech demo of unreal 4 showed effects that where never really used in games again the pc could display that but becausee games are console ports they never designed ganes to use that much physics,
What games are console ports? I literally just showed you an engine that was MADE FOR PC FIRST, that later got ported downgraded to console. A complete contradiction on your end.

And the same UE4 has been continuously updated since launch with again, PC getting first dibs on new graphical features, with consoles either being ignored or getting a scaled down version of it later.

there arent pc exclusives that are great like they used to be because theres no point in making a game solely for pc gamers who are only 20 percent and everybody else has a console
Wrong.
The majority of gaming's revenue comes from mobile which is a $65 Billion industry, followed by PC which is $34 Billion Industry and Consoles clocks in at $26 Billion.
Source:

PC is actually bigger at this point.

Shangounchained said:
and everybody else has a console its a waste of money for somethibg u could still make on console and itll still look spectacular, pc will always be a console port receiver the days of pc exclusives are dead.

Now you're just in denial.
Some of the most popular games to this day are still PC exclusive. Tell me what platform World of Warcraft runs on? What platform is it still exclusive to since it first launched back in 2004?

No. People are saying it because that's what they believe. Not because they know this to be a fact. There was just a thread about some developer on ERA the other day posted here. They mentioned scaling their game with PC in mind for the upper tier of power and using a mid tier for consoles, etc. to prove my point.
They always say that they always have said that but scaling isnt what it used to be bk when 360 n ps3 could only output nothing above 720p 30 in most games and low res assets across the board is when scaling really mattered and showed but now as 4k consoles have become the norm and graphics already look top notch its hard to see what theyll scale most of us where. Fine with 1080p 30 and now 4k 60 is more tha enough

Wh
What games are console ports? I literally just showed you an engine that was MADE FOR PC FIRST, that later got ported downgraded to console. A complete contradiction on your end.

And the same UE4 has been continuously updated since launch with again, PC getting first dibs on new graphical features, with consoles either being ignored or getting a scaled down version of it later.

Wrong.
The majority of gaming's revenue comes from mobile which is a $65 Billion industry, followed by PC which is $34 Billion Industry and Consoles clocks in at $26 Billion.
Source:

PC is actually bigger at this point.

Now you're just in denial.
Some of the most popular games to this day are still PC exclusive. Tell me what platform World of Warcraft runs on? What platform is it still exclusive to since it first launched back in 2004?
Who the fuck cares about workd of warcraft u must be living in ur locked basement, and about unreal engine every game engine in the world is made on pc because games are made on pcs that doesnt mean game engines are games since when have u seen somebody in gamespot buying a unreal engine demo to play, and yes all games are console ports because they design games on consoles in minf and then scale them to pcs,

The pc and mobile sales ur talking about must be e sports, microtransactions and so forth thats tge casual gaming industry not the standard one.

JordanN

Banned
Who the fuck cares about workd of warcraft
12 million people at it's peak to be exact.

Shangounchained said:
and about unreal engine every game engine in the world is made on pc because games are made on pcs that doesnt mean game engines are games since when have u seen somebody in gamespot buying a unreal engine demo to play, and yes all games are console ports because they design games on consoles in minf and then scale them to pcs,
You're still wrong, Every digital foundry comparison since PS4/XBO launched blatantly states PC versions are where all the extra graphical features + 60fps exists, whereas on consoles, they have to contend with low/medium-esque settings that usually run at 30fps or less. A far cry from these games being console ports when the same console games are missing these features.

And of course, this still doesn't touch upon actual PC exclusives where said comparison with consoles doesn't even exist.

Shangounchained said:
The pc and mobile sales ur talking about must be e sports, microtransactions and so forth thats tge casual gaming industry not the standard one.
Because console games never have any microtransaction ever? You can't be serious.

Or here's a curveball for you, a significant amount of console revenue comes from having to pay for online access. You know on PC this service is actually free, right?

Last edited:

Techies

Maybe you want a PC and not a console.

$399 is the sweet spot for consoles.

The reality is you can't play PS4 exclusives on the PC.
I'm primary a pc gamer who went into VR, I'm tired of struggling with technical issues relating to hardware and software compatibility.
A console to rule them all would mean focused development and less saturated user-base.

There;s an awesome RTS game I play called Final Assault that's free on the Oculus store that's coming out on the PSVR hopefully soon..
The developers had to put in quite the resources and time to get that project over to the PSVR, if it was the PS5 and it was up to scratch it would of happened 4-5 months ago already?

Current gen forces developers to over optimize, for every $100 a new console is trying to save by "cutting corners" could mean a few extra $100 000 to $1000000 extra in game development.

sendit

I can't wrap my head around why MS and Sony can't do $ 1000 pro versions of consoles at launch with finance option available like samsung and papple and other phone makers are doing? Whats stopping them? It's been proven that people will absolutely pay over $ 1000 for super weak devices.

Make a larger box with much better cooling so you can run cpu at much higher clocks, put more CU's on gpu and woila 60fps at 4k in all games for only $ 1000.

And console will last you 7 years until new one comes out unlike phones where theres new one every year with 5 % better performance and they still sell :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Please step away from the keyboard.

Comparing a phone to a console.......:messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

Consoles have always been power constrained because their specs stay static while the industry's move forward. However, that's also always been the beauty of consoles has always been that developers glean amazing results from their hardware due to familiarity. Look at some of the games that have come out on the PS4 like God of War and Death Stranding. People would've thought those impossible based on specs and the first games out on the system.

EDIT: I don't play PC games regularly and never will. A PC diehard buddy of mine has tried and I just end up telling the whole platform to fuck off as soon as he starts telling me I have to fuck around with drivers and mapping buttons on a keyboard (which I hate as a control impetus). In fact, I get pissed off every time I turn my PS4 or Bone on and the damn thing wants to rob me of play time to do an update. I want consoles to be consoles again. Fuck all this PC shit that has come over and started polluting the waters. There are some things that have come from the PC side that are invaluable, like hard drives and easier development, but man, it used to be you could buy a game, pop it in and that fucker ran like a horse. Now we get this broken shit that need 15 gig patches on day one and it's really starting to feel like consoles have lost their identity to their bucktoothed cousin.

Last edited:

Problem is the low end hardware is what theyll design the games to run on and god knows everbody will buy the low end n ull lose money on making the high end, common sense should be they should have released the ps4 pro instead of the ps4 at first and sold it at 500 just a 100 dollars more than the ps4 was at launch and costs will reduce over time,

N my best idea was making the consoles upgradable just like the storadge they could sell upgradable catridges with more memory and processing if need be so say u buy a ps5 with 9 teraflops and 16gb and u can buy offshelf proprietary cartidges with 16gb+ a gpu or soc on them

Consoles have always been power constrained because their specs stay static while the industry's move forward. However, that's also always been the beauty of consoles has always been that developers glean amazing results from their hardware due to familiarity. Look at some of the games that have come out on the PS4 like God of War and Death Stranding. People would've thought those impossible based on specs and the first games out on the system.
The first games out on ps4 have always looked just as fascinating as the last ones out

HeresJohnny

Yes, I hate when people make this comparison. It would be like a Honda executive telling his board of directors that "Ferrari sells cars that cost a quarter of a million, so can we." And even then the comparison isn't apt because at least a Honda and a Ferrari are both cars, there's nothing similar between phone and consoles outside of the fact that they can both play games, the key difference being you buy one specifically to play games and the other for every reason but.
The first games out on ps4 have always looked just as fascinating as the last ones out
You need some glasses, son.

Last edited:

cireza

This has always been the case, nothing new here.

People want a quality experience on a console that has a reasonable price.

FStubbs

I was blown away by horizon graphics and God of war to name a few. That was from a $400 console.

Do they make thousands of exclusive games for nvidia Rtx 2080 owners?

There are thousands of games for consoles across Xbox, PlayStation and switch. With near 200 million install base Including them all.

Most people on steam don’t have Rtx cards they have a gtx 1060.

Yes there may be more PCs than consoles, but consoles push the baseline graphics.

Im not saying consoles have better graphics than a high end pc , but the RTX 2000 series doesn’t have an install base of 150 million does it?

Yup and a 1060 clocks in at somewhere between PS4 Pro and Xbox one x iirc.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Same thread every generation, when I see a console priced the same as a PC I would be shocked, to me committing to the $300-$600 price range and sneaking into the $200-$700 prince range is the discussion gaming manufacturers should be having now.

Same thread every generation, when I see a console priced the same as a PC I would be shocked, to me committing to the $300-$600 price range and sneaking into the $200-$700 prince range is the discussion gaming manufacturers should be having now.
Personaly we didnt even need a ps4 if they couldve made ps4 pro at the start and sell it for 500-600$ itll have got cheaper by the years its the same with nextgen consoles why not sell them at 600$ with the best future proof specs u can get cause i hate buying the same console twice,

n if anybody wants an upgrade then they should make them upgradable using proprietary catridges, theyve done this before on laptops and even the switch has 2 modes handheld is weaker and docked, so why not with a ps5 or series x if were already upgrading storage why not ram and processors, im not saying pc kind but they can make proprietary ones special for each console u buy a ps5 at 500$ n if u need a smooth 4k 60 or 8k u get an upgrade catridge with more ram and soc!

It kills me every time a new console comes out and I see these delusional posts from people who have no clue always talking about new consoles being more powerful than whatever top of the line GPU is out. Like yes, your $400 box is going to perform better than a PC where the graphics card ALONE costs $800. Sure thing buddy.

People just set themselves up for disappointment every time a new console comes out. It's unbelievable to me.
Xbox 360 came out cheaper and outperformed gaming pcs at its release

JordanN

Banned
That was 15 years ago when PC GPU's still came with small fans and didn't suck up a lot of power, and even then Microsoft still had to bleed a lot of money to make something more powerful.

xV0x2Tq.jpg

Modern GPU's in comparison are absolute beasts. Consoles can't compete against them anymore.

5lzw9tn.jpg

This GPU already has more memory than what's inside PS5/XSEX combined . :ROFLMAO:
The gap will only get bigger when they actually do release.

Last edited:

sendit

That was 15 years ago when PC GPU's still came with small fans and didn't suck up a lot of power, and even then Microsoft still had to bleed a lot of money to make something more powerful.

xV0x2Tq.jpg

Modern GPU's in comparison are absolute beasts. Consoles can't compete against them anymore.

5lzw9tn.jpg

This GPU already has more memory than what's inside PS5/XSEX combined . :ROFLMAO:
The gap will only get bigger when they actually do release.

More memory doesn’t equate to better performance...

oagboghi2

Can you talk like an adult

oagboghi2

For like, a year. The 360 was quickly eclipsed, and in the end what did it fucking matter. How many games did you play that were truly better than what’s on PC.

If you want power, invest in your own machine

JordanN

Banned
More memory doesn’t equate to better performance...
Maybe not in power itself, but more memory is still quite crucial when it comes to gaming at higher resolutions as too low can act as a bottleneck.

With consoles next gen, the choice of gaming resolution will cap out at 4K or less, whereas PC gamers will be running games at double the resolution and frame rate.

Edit: Actually, PC gamers are already well above that. 16K resolution was possible 3 years ago. The PS5/XSEX aren't going to be able to catch up to this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom