• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could Starfield be delayed?

Will Starfield be delayed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nemiroff

Gold Member
No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Ozriel

M$FT
Even though Forza will likely sell more and have better reviews it won’t be looked at as their big game.

There’s zero chance Forza Motorsport sells more than Starfield.

The lack of marketing is shocking, but I willll say about this what I said about Redfall: they should release it and if it's good but flawed they can fix it, if not then cut the spending on it and divert the staff to the next project asap.

There is zero sense in constantly delaying a product that is fundamentally playable just to reach a nebulous standard that the dev team can't feel out in advance. Release it, feel the vibes and act accordingly.

There’s no ‘shocking’ lack of marketing. The deep dive was a significant marketing event, and they’re ramping up significantly leading to release.

nah, it will be released on time, be buggy as hell, and they will promise to fix it over the next 3 years. It's the Bethesda way.

Gamerguy84

No way. I've heard all bugs are acceptable with Bethesda so no.

If you get in your starship and hit hyper drive never to be seen again just start over with a new ship and character. It's on.

Freeman76

Ridiculous to think this will get delayed now, I mean what a pointless thread man come on.

The game was done over a year ago they have pushed it back to avoid the usual fiasco involving their games

Conspiracy theory time:
The preinstall is secretly running the game in the background checking millions of possible game breaking bugs behind the scenes. AI patch power.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
No, it would be downright scandalous this late in the game. Preloads start this week.

I think the 10 month delay they did was pretty generous to the dev team and gave them time to execute on their goals, and they announced the final release date pretty late in the cycle to make sure they were confident.

I am sure there will still be bugs and the like, as we would expect from any game of this scope (let alone from Bethesda), but they know where the game is at and they're ready for the world to play it.

Players aren't sales.
No, *but player counts is how Xbox measures success of a title, since Game Pass eschews the traditional front-loaded sale model. Player counts show how popular a game is, how long it's being player for, what people are switching to the game from another game, or platform. If they're buying DLC or add-on content. If the game they're playing is keeping them subscribed to Game Pass/ Ultimate vs getting it for one month, finished a game, then unsubbing before being charged again. Or if the game they're playing is keeping them on Xbox vs switching to a different platform. Which would make the player more likely to remain on Xbox even when upgrading to new hardware.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

Bethesda is already doing side stories with animated Youtube clips on their channel. Obviously not gonna be delayed.

Thread based on singular post reactions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom