• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Starfield Needs Another Delay Would You Be Ok With That?

Will you accept another Starfield Delay this year?

• No, Xbox needs a Big 1st party release this year

Votes: 55 15.7%
  • Yes, Give it as much time as it needs.

Votes: 282 80.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If it needs another delay, then it likely has more problems than can be fixed with just another delay.
Confused Thinking GIF
thinking hard elizabeth holmes GIF by Vulture.com
Think Thought Process GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

Hohenheim

No problem at all. It comes out about a week after Armored Core, and a few days after Baldurs Gate 3's full release, so I probably won't be able to play it until november anyways. By then, a few patches has probably cleaned up some stuff in it.

HTK

Banned
I think Microsoft has proven that even if they delay games by a whole year that it doesn't make much of a difference...

phant0m

i'm sad of being hyped for games only to be disappointed by quality of content and/or technical performance. probably gonna take a week off when Starfield comes out, please make it worth Todd

Bkdk

Nope, they already have taken too long for this game, more time won't change anything. I think many of the core devs just want to move on anyway, failure or not. Just focus on making the mod tools great then let modders fix it, that's how they do it and I want a highly moddable open world rpg more than anything, with such long dev time, it's clear this game is going through deep troubles during the development and the end quality is likely extremely poor.

AGRacing

Typical Bethesda style bugs where you can game the system a little are expected (I would argue they're part of the charm). But if the game isn't fun it won't matter how buggy or polished it is. Phil had the right idea on that line of thinking. I want it out this year and I want it to be FUN to play and explore.

Typical Bethesda style bugs where you can game the system a little are expected (I would argue they're part of the charm).
Charming fifteen years ago. Not so much now when open-world games are everywhere and not having these issues.

If Starfield comes out as buggy as PS360 era Bethesda games, I'd find that embarrassing. They've delayed it enough, I think it will be better than that.

Oppoi

It's a Bethesda game. It could launch with game breaking bugs and still be okay like water under the bridge it's still 8/10 if the deliver a quality bethesda game. Will be 9/10 with mods.

simpatico

Starfield is a win/win for any gaming fan. It's it turns out awesome, you've got probably 80+ hours of great game time on your hands right in time for the cozy holidays. If it's terrible, you've got epic meltdown GAF content. You literally can't lose with this game.

93xfan

Banned
Delay or no delay, I still expect Starfield to launch with its fair share of bugs and technical issues.

I can't recall the last time a Bethesda title launched without any notable technical issues.
Very true. I wonder if it will be under much harsher scrutiny due to other factors this time.

Oppoi

I hope there's a whole lot we havent seen. I hope it's damn good. Cause I'm starving for a good Bethesda RPG! I hate that MS bought them cause I do not believe in MS making great games but goddamnit I want good games from Bethesda! Don't you dare release another Cyberpunk!

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I think Microsoft has proven that even if they delay games by a whole year that it doesn't make much of a difference...
That's really true. I sometimes think about how Halo was supposed to be a launch title in 2020, and then came a year later in 2021, but they still didn't have any games in 2021 or 2022, so if Halo wouldn't have been delayed, they would have an even more barren 21-22.

Phill can say that Xbox One gen lost them a whole generation of gamers, but the truth is, it didn't seem like they did any planning to combat that. Their schedule is just awful. It's really bad management all around, it's really shocking.

I think they should delay Starfield if they need to. At this point their brand can't get any worse and it's better if they relaunch it with an amazing 11/10 Starfield + rebrand their console naming (which is worse than Wii U). Maybe even Xbox 5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom