• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

Shai-Tan

Banned
Well when you have two people, each of whom are experts or doctors or have phds saying "No, that is information, that person is lying." And then the other person goes "No, they're the one who's lying." And then it's "No, that's a lie, look at this data." And then the other person goes "No, that data is misleading, because of X, Y, and Z." Then the other person goes "No, that information is the one that's misleading because of A, B, and C" how can your everyday person know which person to trust?

It's not like your average American can go "Screw it, I'm going to conduct these studies myself and get to the bottom of it" they have to believe someone they don't know at some juncture.
That may be the case for someone like Pierre Korry and the FLCC who are merely incompetent judges of scientific information but if you go look at figures like Malone, McCullough, Weinstein, etc (see second half of the Decoding the Gurus for receipts on that) they are full on conspiracy theorists spreading demonstrably false info. They aren’t just asking questions.

That said, you ask how a lay person judges that and the answer is not easily. For example, the steps Massimo Pigliucci outlines here

are both time consuming and demanding of basic science literacy. So while what would count as significant harm follows from vaccine conspiracy theories and misinformation (under Mill’s Harm Principle in On Liberty, contra typical “free speech fundamentalist” reasoning), Mill was above all else an empiricist and it’s questionable that taking action on that content will get the desired result if a significant amount of the harmed listeners are attracted to it because they have a pre existing conspiratorial mindset and have low levels of science literacy, setting up a ready made persecution narrative. So it’s an open question by consequentalist reasoning that censorship would have the desired effect. For an even stronger reason when those listeners don’t only hear that information on Joe Rogan or a weird alternative media source, but on Tucker Carlson.

A further consideration is “the problem of the censor”. Brian Leiter outlines a litany of reasons to doubt the widely held marketplace of ideas model that is falsely attributed to Mill here:

but he concludes regardless that a libertarian stance on speech is desirable because many of the same forces that affect listeners also affect censors and the directionality of the censorship would favor economic and political interests of the censor. That said, the shape of what ”anti vaxx” conspiracy theorists say also reflects their political and economic interests. It’s not merely an academic debate about facts Science denialism is primarily motivated by extra scientific concerns as Naomi Oreskes shows in The Merchants of Doubt and Why Trust Science?

I personally wouldn’t be weeping if those figures were kicked off platforms but the arguments in favor of it are very specific to direct harm caused by vaccine disinformation leading to deaths whether or not its proponents believe it in good faith. However, I wouldn’t at all discount the concern of a slippery slope as “hate speech”, “misinformation” etc are vague enough to be captured by much more expansive notions of harm as discussed, e.g. in recent proposals in Canada for social media regulation that would give significant powers to government censors to infringe on (likely) protected speech if it fit some nebulous harm. The proposed laws probably wouldn’t pass muster even in Canada, however corporate entities are free to do what they can’t, even in the USA

Jsisto

There needs to be an understanding on what exactly constitutes "misinformation." There's false information and there's misleading/anecdotal information. Those two groups are not the same. For example, say a weightlifter has proven he can lift 500 lbs. This has been proven and documented and recorded. Someone says "John Smith can't lift 500 lbs! He's never done it before!" That's false information. But if someone said "In a competition back in 2019, John Smith tried to lift 500 lbs and wasn't able to and lost the competition." That's not false information if that actually occurred. It's true, but it's misleading and/or anecdotal.

When it comes to COVID, saying "The vaccines don't work and don't save lives" that's false information. They clearly do, they've been proven. But a lot of what's out there being labeled "misinformation" are more anecdotes that are true. For example "In so and so study Ivermectin has done X, Y, and Z." Now, a larger and more comprehensive study may have made that smaller study obsolete, but if that that smaller study is being correctly quoted, it's not technically misinformation.

Now, this may all be semantics, but when it comes to public trust, these are important distinctions. Because average everyday folk are not doctors or scientists. They don't conduct studies, many don't even know how to interpret the data found in studies. They find a person they trust, and just take their word for it. Because of that, when you have the people considered "quacks" like Dr. Malone, many of them do cite studies and data correctly, those studies and data are just outdated or anecdotal. That's not to say some people out there haven't just totally made shit up too, they have. But the problem is, when social media platforms pull videos or ban people for citing studies that while maybe outdated or no longer relevant, are factually stated, and give the reason for it "spreading misinformation," you're going to create a whole new army of skeptics, and actual anti-vaxxers use these instances to fan the flames by saying "Look! Youtube removed this video of a doctor talking about this study, and this study is real!" and they'll link to the study And people will see that and become enraged. When it could've been solved with a simple changing of language to explain why the video was removed in detail.

So, I guess the point of my little diatribe is platforms need to be more thorough with this stuff. Instead of just putting out basic taglines that say "Person suspended for spreading misinformation." It should say something like "The study cited in this interview has been disproved by newer studies that can be found HERE" and link to those studies or articles. This is a tall task, I know. It's hard to vet every single piece of information out there. But if these platforms are as concerned about COVID as they claim to be, then they'd put the effort in doing so.

Because a lot of this stuff simply comes down to the basic idea of what the word "misinformation" in itself actually means.
Regardless of how you feel about COVID, I fully believe we will come to regret how readily we embraced this term. I feel like it really got it’s start with Russiagate, but COVID fear really took it into overdrive. It’s used now by the government and media to describe anything from politically inconvenient truths, to as you said, personal anecdotes that may be true, and the list goes on. I have to stress again, these are the exact same institutions that lied us into a for profit war with Iraq. They’d do this kind of shit anyway, granted….but that we so willingly allow them to define this stuff is short sighted and dangerous. Again, put your COVID opinions aside….we all know the vaccines have greatly reduced the risk of hospitalization and death.

Its the same reason the ACLU has defended nazi sympathizers and other horrible people in the past. You have to defend freedom of speech at all costs, because when it’s gone its not coming back. This is a slippery slope.

Last edited:

Chaplain

Regardless of how you feel about COVID, I fully believe we will come to regret how readily we embraced this term. I feel like it really got it’s start with Russiagate, but COVID fear really took it into overdrive. It’s used now by the government and media to describe anything from politically inconvenient truths, to as you said, personal anecdotes that may be true, and the list goes on. I have to stress again, these are the exact same institutions that lied us into a for profit war with Iraq. They’d do this kind of shit anyway, granted….but that we so willingly allow them to define this stuff is short sighted and dangerous. Again, put your COVID opinions aside….we all know the vaccines have greatly reduced the risk of hospitalization and death.

Its the same reason the ACLU has defended nazi sympathizers and other horrible people in the past. You have to defend freedom of speech at all costs, because when it’s gone its not coming back. This is a slippery slope.

Interesting comparison to the ACLU. Just yesterday, the former ACLU Executive Director is said that the ACLU is now ideologically compromised and opposed to freedom of speech.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
That may be the case for someone like Pierre Korry and the FLCC who are merely incompetent judges of scientific information but if you go look at figures like Malone, McCullough, Weinstein, etc (see second half of the Decoding the Gurus for receipts on that) they are full on conspiracy theorists spreading demonstrably false info. They aren’t just asking questions.

That said, you ask how a lay person judges that and the answer is not easily. For example, the steps Massimo Pigliucci outlines here

are both time consuming and demanding of basic science literacy. So while what would count as significant harm follows from vaccine conspiracy theories and misinformation (under Mill’s Harm Principle in On Liberty, contra typical “free speech fundamentalist” reasoning), Mill was above all else an empiricist and it’s questionable that taking action on that content will get the desired result if a significant amount of the harmed listeners are attracted to it because they have a pre existing conspiratorial mindset and have low levels of science literacy, setting up a ready made persecution narrative. So it’s an open question by consequentalist reasoning that censorship would have the desired effect. For an even stronger reason when those listeners don’t only hear that information on Joe Rogan or a weird alternative media source, but on Tucker Carlson.

A further consideration is “the problem of the censor”. Brian Leiter outlines a litany of reasons to doubt the widely held marketplace of ideas model that is falsely attributed to Mill here:

but he concludes regardless that a libertarian stance on speech is desirable because many of the same forces that affect listeners also affect censors and the directionality of the censorship would favor economic and political interests of the censor. That said, the shape of what ”anti vaxx” conspiracy theorists say also reflects their political and economic interests. It’s not merely an academic debate about facts Science denialism is primarily motivated by extra scientific concerns as Naomi Oreskes shows in The Merchants of Doubt and Why Trust Science?

I personally wouldn’t be weeping if those figures were kicked off platforms but the arguments in favor of it are very specific to direct harm caused by vaccine disinformation leading to deaths whether or not its proponents believe it in good faith. However, I wouldn’t at all discount the concern of a slippery slope as “hate speech”, “misinformation” etc are vague enough to be captured by much more expansive notions of harm as discussed, e.g. in recent proposals in Canada for social media regulation that would give significant powers to government censors to infringe on (likely) protected speech if it fit some nebulous harm. The proposed laws probably wouldn’t pass muster even in Canada, however corporate entities are free to do what they can’t, even in the USA

I think there is also a line platforms have drawn between "misinformation."

If someone were say to go on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter and post "I got my booster shot while suffering from Omicron, and the next day I woke up and Omicron was completely gone. The booster cured Omicron."

Even though vaccines don't kill the virus if you already have it, they lessen the chance of transmission, hospitalization, and death, I don't think the platforms would remove the post as misinformation, because it's a pro vaccine sentiment. Even if the statement they made was untrue.

So, I don't think platforms are against misinformation. Just misinformation they themselves deem problematic.

I'm curious to see what the reaction is when Rogan has on the pro-vaccine doctor.
Probably "Rogan DESTROYS Big Pharma Shill"

I've listened to Rogan discuss the moon landing was faked with an an astrophysicist and he completely crushed him with a stream of random facts he had ready to fire and the scientist could not refute. Rogan is an extremely good podcaster and it's as likely that a pro-vaccine doctor can win an argument with him as Rogan is to pass an exam on microbiology.

RAÏSanÏa

Earlier this week the Canadian Trucking Alliance (CTA) issued its position on the convoy protesting the bilateral mandate introduced by the Governments of Canada and the United States that requires all essential workers, including truck drivers, to be vaccinated. The only way to cross the border, in a commercial truck or any other vehicle, is to get vaccinated. As an industry we must adapt and comply with this mandate and the vast majority have.
While a number of Canadians are in Ottawa to voice their displeasure over this mandate, it also appears that a great number of these protestors have no connection to the trucking industry and have a separate agenda beyond a disagreement over cross border vaccine requirements. As these protests unfold over the weekend, we ask the Canadian public to be aware that many of the people you see and hear in media reports do not have a connection to the trucking industry.
To those in the trucking industry that have chosen to participate in this protest regarding cross border mandates, we ask that you engage in a peaceful demonstration today then leave the City of Ottawa to avoid any issues to the welfare and safety of the citizens of Ottawa. Your behaviour today will not only reflect upon you and your family but the 300,000 plus fellow Canadians that, like you, take great pride in our industry. Please remember this important responsibility you bear today in delivering your message responsibly but also the impact your actions will have on the image of the majority of your colleagues from coast-to-coast who do not share your opinion but share your passion for the industry and country.
Over the last 24 months, CTA has and will continue to work with the Government of Canada to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on the supply chain. This includes several health and safety measures like raising vaccine rates in our sector. CTA will continue this work to benefit our sector and, by extension, the Canadian economy. This work will begin again this Monday when the Government of Canada hosts the National Supply Chain Summit.

I'm curious to hear any plans for development of autonomous freight delivery. Non-essential small scale investment to take up some slack now with plans for the future. At least plan to have someone have a look at it.

As for antivaxxers and such, there's less of them every day.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I think there is also a line platforms have drawn between "misinformation."

If someone were say to go on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter and post "I got my booster shot while suffering from Omicron, and the next day I woke up and Omicron was completely gone. The booster cured Omicron."

Even though vaccines don't kill the virus if you already have it, they lessen the chance of transmission, hospitalization, and death, I don't think the platforms would remove the post as misinformation, because it's a pro vaccine sentiment. Even if the statement they made was untrue.

So, I don't think platforms are against misinformation. Just misinformation they themselves deem problematic.
yeah? Your example there is merely false or misleading information. Corporate COVID misinformation policies are directed at some notion of ”harm” that could be captured in criteria for labeling or moderation. Springing from that would be concerns about arbitrariness, uneven enforcement, capture, etc

RAÏSanÏa

An unelected federal politician's spoonful of populism. If any of these complaints have merit that's what the courts are for.

It sounds like he wants the federal government to overrule town council meetings, private businesses, school boards, and provincial legislatures.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Probably "Rogan DESTROYS Big Pharma Shill"

I've listened to Rogan discuss the moon landing was faked with an an astrophysicist and he completely crushed him with a stream of random facts he had ready to fire and the scientist could not refute. Rogan is an extremely good podcaster and it's as likely that a pro-vaccine doctor can win an argument with him as Rogan is to pass an exam on microbiology.
That's just the Gish Gallop. The solution is just to do it straight back.
The astrophysicist likely made the mistake of thinking that it would be an honest discussion.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

The best thing about all this Spotify business will be watching all the virtue signalling fuckhead megastars out there - who so desperately want to be seen to be on the right side of everything... but also don't want their bottom line being ruined - tying themselves up in knots over whether to boycott Spotify as well :ROFLMAO:

Well it's a good thing they don't really have to worry about that then because Spotify doesn't pay that it's artists for shit lol

It is literally one of the lowest paying streaming services for music.

Last edited:

poppabk

Well it's a good thing they don't really have to worry about that then because Spotify doesn't pay that it's artists for shit lol

It is literally one of the lowest paying streaming services for music.
According to Neil Young it represents 60% of his global streaming revenue - so regardless of per stream payment it is the lion's share if streaming income for an artist.

RAÏSanÏa

Tuned into a stream of the protest to see a lady on stage guiding people to "black market"(her words) ivermectin peddlers for early treatment.

It'll be impartially interesting to see the medical outcome of this banding of various groups with this health mindedness having converged over the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Neil Young's song about impeaching Bush 43 is the worst song I've ever heard. But After the Gold Rush is a banger. Listened to it again a few weeks ago.

Nobody_Important

According to Neil Young it represents 60% of his global streaming revenue - so regardless of per stream payment it is the lion's share if streaming income for an artist.
Then Neil Young is either broke or lying.

His streaming stats were very low relatively speaking and we know exactly how much Spotify pays.

Chittagong

Gold Member
A pretty succinct rundown of where many researchers find themselves right now, and why trying to make further predictions can be frustrating:

this bit…

On the other hand, omicron could also evolve to become more pathogenic or acquire the ability to better replicate in the lungs, Moore said, outlining several in a slew of possibilities.

Is just fear-mongering. The reason omicron is so contagious is that it has adopted to thrive in the nose and throat, from where it spreads insanely well, and where the temperature is 33C. To acquire the ability to replicate in lungs the virus should adapt back to 37C, which would cut the nose out, and thus make it worse in replication.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
this bit…

Is just fear-mongering. The reason omicron is so contagious is that it has adopted to thrive in the nose and throat, from where it spreads insanely well, and where the temperature is 33C. To acquire the ability to replicate in lungs the virus should adapt back to 37C, which would cut the nose out, and thus make it worse in replication.

Maybe, but they're the experts. If their models show these traits may exist in future mutations then I'll leave those possibilities open. But personally, as someone who is not a virologist or data scientist of some kind, I am done with even guessing what might come next. For all I know we could get the dick-breath variant next - all those infected now have breath that smells like unwashed cock and balls but otherwise no symptoms.

sinnergy

Beter is to believe in Doctor Malcom’s chaos theory 😜 .. because scientists don’t know .. we are seeing real-time scientists at work.

Our Dutch CDC for example made a u-turn , they now said our models are as good as the data that’s put in ..

Last edited:

betrayal

Banned
Btw have you guys heard about NEOCOV? Suits this place ?

Stop reading tabloid media and/or listen to retarded fearmongers.

NEOCOV has been known for ~10 years now and it only has been found in bats.

News sites reporting on this are either really sick and stupid or have reached a new level of alarmism.

sinnergy

Stop reading tabloid media and/or listen to retarded fearmongers.

NEOCOV has been known for ~10 years now and it only has been found in bats.

News sites reporting on this are either really sick and stupid or have reached a new level of alarmism.
Dude relax .. I only thought it was funny .. NEOGAF, NEOCOV.

Nice. Was negative.
Guess my GF really had a very low viral load dose. Didn't infect her mother and neither me.

So I just need to survive 3 more weeks until I can get vaccinated.
Unless some new data comes out and shows the Novovax protein based vaccines is even worse against Omicron than those MRNA ones.

But some have hopes the classic vaccines have some broader protection.

RAÏSanÏa

Reuters is going to have to ban themselves (they’re the ministry of truth for FB and Twitter and they ban people for this)

There may be even more confusion.
But I get the point you're making. Why can't science just know science things by their gut and instead of all this confusing language, redundancy and time testing with limited resources while balancing other priorities?
And how can things change in science? That is sooo dumb? It's a media plot to ban people from FB and twitter.

I'm looking forward to seeing how in the real world black market ivermectin works out for the volunteer field test group.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I'm looking forward to the real world results of black market ivermectin use in Canada if they release the info.

Ivermectin has never been a problem, the problem is 2 years of fear-mongering and muddled communication making people desperate enough to seek out repurposed pharmaceuticals to "save" themselves.

As I've said before, if a person is paranoid and distrustful of the medical establishment then they are likely to seek help and intervention at a far later stage for any disease or condition than somebody who has faith in these institutions to help them. This in itself places them in a higher risk group than the rest of the population, so trying to tie worse outcomes to their vaccination status alone is deceptive.

poppabk

Reuters is going to have to ban themselves (they’re the ministry of truth for FB and Twitter and they ban people for this)

Yeah that is pretty bad. Someone else making that kind of mistake would catch a ban for sure.

Chaplain

How do diseases and information spread? On this episode, Neil deGrasse Tyson and comic co-host Chuck Nice discover the history of pandemics, how social networks impact spread, and the hidden math behind it with sociologist and professor Nicholas Christakis. Are we doing better with COVID-19 than in previous pandemics? What’s the difference between a respiratory pandemic and a plague? You’ll learn about the history of plagues throughout human history and what features come with them. Are plagues a feature of humanity? We bring some physics to the field of sociology by looking at wave mechanics within a social network. How do we understand the ways disease– and ideas– spread? We look at hyperdimensional coordinate systems of information and we’ll tell you what it even means. Discover Nicholas’s sociology research on social networks. Which algorithm used on a network of people provides the biggest information cascade? We breakdown what we did wrong in this pandemic and what unique challenges COVID-19, as a disease, has given us. What are the different phases of a pandemic? Do we know when it’s going to end? When will things go back to normal? Learn about biological ends to pandemics, which ones we think we’re headed towards, and the pandemic math behind it. How will mRNA vaccines change our responses to vaccines going forward? All that, plus, we discuss how to continue to spread science literacy and to keep people looking up!

Holten-Møller was in charge of producing the models before Christmas that informed Danish policy, and her group’s updated advice in January led to the cancellation of all Danish Covid restrictions (even as case numbers continue to climb to all-time highs). She joins UnHerd to discuss Denmark's radical new policy, data modelling and why Omicron might be the end of the pandemic.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Nice. Was negative.
Guess my GF really had a very low viral load dose. Didn't infect her mother and neither me.

So I just need to survive 3 more weeks until I can get vaccinated.
Unless some new data comes out and shows the Novovax protein based vaccines is even worse against Omicron than those MRNA ones.

But some have hopes the classic vaccines have some broader protection.
It's possible they work better in some ways, but it's also possible they don't. From a risk assessment perspective, it doesn't make sense to wait for an unproven thing in the future, when a currently available thing is already proven to work fine against a threat that is present now. Every unit of time you wait in the present increases your risk with hardly any certain benefit for the future that offsets that risk.

It's possible they work better in some ways, but it's also possible they don't. From a risk assessment perspective, it doesn't make sense to wait for an unproven thing in the future, when a currently available thing is already proven to work fine against a threat that is present now. Every unit of time you wait in the present increases your risk with hardly any certain benefit for the future that offsets that risk.
The current vaccines are known. You know what you get and how good or bad they work.
So the other ones have at least a potential upside.

If I pick a stock, I also pick that stock every time. It's worth the risk. Especially if you consider the worst case scenario is "just as bad". To be fair tho even worse is possible. But if we're at that point it doesn't matter anymore and is quite a waste anyways.

But the main reason i want Novovax is the risk profile and immune reaction from the trials. They're way more favorable to me. I would never take Moderna with the huge 100mg active agent even with the efficacy being a little better than BionTech for example.
And you can't mix one dose MRNA and the second being protein. There is research done on that, but it's not recommend yet, so probably impossible to find a doctor who would do it. So I wait those 3 or 4 weeks.
My main risk contact just got Omicron, so she should be good for a while not catching Omicron again

1 shot first. Not even sure If i take both. But when everything is going "back to normal" I just want some little form of protection. That's better than nothing. Just like I would have if i got covid.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The current vaccines are known. You know what you get and how good or bad they work.
They are known, and they work extremely well and are extremely safe. It's so safe and effective that waiting for a new one that might possibly be "better" in some kind of unknown way doesn't make sense if the need for it is right now. The sure thing now is always better than the unknown thing later.

If I pick a stock, I also pick that stock every time. It's worth the risk. Especially if you consider the worst case scenario is "just as bad". To be fair tho even worse is possible. But if we're at that point it doesn't matter anymore and is quite a waste anyways.
No, you are judging the worst case scenario erroneously for your risk assessment. The worse case scenario is that you catch COVID19, spread it to your close contacts, and die, before the new vaccines are released. You can't just consider the potential side effects of the vaccine itself. You also need to consider the opportunity cost of waiting. Every day you wait as an unvaccinated person is another day you wait without having as robust an immune system as you could have had if you had taken the currently available vaccines. You're taking a chance that 1. you won't catch COVID19 or spread it to your family until the new vaccines come out and 2. that they even work as well.

But the main reason i want Novovax is the risk profile and immune reaction from the trials. They're way more favorable to me. I would never take Moderna with the huge 100mg active agent even with the efficacy being a little better than BionTech for example.
How so? The current vaccines are already exceedingly safe for consumption and we've had a year to see how it affects millions of people. The sample size is enormous and we know that this is safer than Tylenol. Unless you have some kind of rare health issue, I don't see how Novovax would be more favorable to you.

And you can't mix one dose MRNA and the second being protein.
Says who, and what do you mean by this?

1 shot first. Not even sure If i take both. But when everything is going "back to normal" I just want some little form of protection. That's better than nothing. Just like I would have if i got covid.
You can already get not just some little form of protection, but a lot of protection now by taking the currently available vaccines. No waiting needed, and it is of course way better than nothing.

Hari Seldon

I'm not getting a 3rd shot because the 2nd shot put me out of comission for a day. And I recently had omnicromable. So I will wait for a 3rd shot that actually is worth taking and not a useless 3rd shot. If the 3rd shot was completely mild I would just get it, but its not.

Jsisto

I'm not getting a 3rd shot because the 2nd shot put me out of comission for a day. And I recently had omnicromable. So I will wait for a 3rd shot that actually is worth taking and not a useless 3rd shot. If the 3rd shot was completely mild I would just get it, but its not.
I’m in the same boat. I’m 35, healthy, double vaxed, had omicron and am for the most part just moving on with life unless the situation changes drastically. I’ve seen no compelling evidence to suggest natural immunity is anything but incredibly potent.

Nobody_Important

A friend at work was leveled by the second shot and then had almost no reaction to the 3rd shot.

It varies.

RAÏSanÏa

LOL. Also in today's Q&A about Truckers strike, he wasnt wearing a mask either answering questions.

C'mon he took a break from his PM's chair near Santa's workshop where his micromanages at the most granular level the pandemic mandates of thousands of classrooms, businesses, places of worship, town halls, provinces and territories to do this.

Didn't know linkedin had a news service so not so sure I'm trusting that. Sounds like a blog.

But I'm sure the article answer what current municipal, provincial or federal law did he broke?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
C'mon he took a break from his PM's chair near Santa's workshop where his micromanages at the most granular level the pandemic mandates of thousands of classrooms, businesses, places of worship, town halls, provinces and territories to do this.

Didn't know linkedin had a news service so not so sure I'm trusting that. Sounds like a blog.

But I'm sure the article answer what current municipal, provincial or federal law did he broke?

RAÏSanÏa

He's outside, that's likely fine. It's been ok in BC for awhile. Not exactly sure what other provinces do at any moment as things change every few months. The PHO of BC said awhile back there were no known cases of covid spreading outdoors.

RAÏSanÏa

By "awhile back" I mean the summer of 2020 and reconfirmed a few times since. Feel bad for those nations that had limited outdoor activity.
Trying to imagine an outdoor mask mandate. LOL.

Funny news from Alberta. They're blocking their own supply lines with antivaxx trucks and fucking over major sectors of their own economy.
In a few days they'll be asking the rest of Canada to help them unfuck themselves. Help feed us! They raided a soup kitchen in Ottawa and got a taste, now they want in.

Last edited:
Reinfection with Omicron is very common. Omicron infection gives low immunity against Omicron (and Delta).
Delta infection gives low immunity against Omicron infection, but I never heard Omicron infection gives low immunity against Omicron infection.
Why would that be the case? It's the same exact virus your immune system knows.

If that's the case even vaccines made especially for omicron won't help much against Omicron infection.
Than it's like a cold you just get a few times a year no matter what.
Big pharma should focus on treatment if prevention is not possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom