• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cringe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

Here is an example of cringe I found. This has probably already been posted, but I couldn't make it past the 01:10 mark. It's actually really sad the lengths people go to to just get virtual likes on social media. It's almost like I'm watching the downfall of humanity.

If I need to torture someone, Tiktok has everything I need

Irobot82

I have trouble understanding what she's on about. Suffice to say, I find it troubling there's so much confusion among this subset of human culture.
To me this seems like someone crying to feel special and is upset nobody cares about their label to feel special. You're not. You're just meaningless as the rest of us and like 99.999% of all human, you will be forgotten when you die.

Our own Sophia Narwitz posted this on Twitter and I had to steal it because it definitely belongs here.

3R888ke.jpg

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Where is all this spike in mental illness coming from??? Serious question, something is going on
Some call it being terminally online. I guess impressionable people can easily have their whole perspective of reality warped. Like how people can mistake the things weird internet subcultures take seriously for actual important topics.

what the fuck did I press? what just happened?
asAYUH4.png

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I actually just cussed myself out and punched myself in the face for forcing myself to watch through this display of the collapse of civilization itself. :lollipop_anguish:

Dear LORD...
What is HAPPENING TO THE WORLD???

The scariest thing is that there are apparently hundreds of these compilations. There may be others worse than this one, but I can't stomach watching any more to find out..

Last edited:

truth777

Banned
I actually just cussed myself out and punched myself in the face for forcing myself to watch through this display of the collapse of civilization itself. :lollipop_anguish:

Dear LORD...

The scariest thing is that there are apparently hundreds of these compilations. There may be others worse than this one, but I can't stomach watching any more to find out..

A combination of processed food, certain vaccines/medications, the lack of morality, and growing up in front of some sort or screen away from real social interaction.

It reminds me of the Lance Storm quote regarding ECW:
“We broke all the rules and then we figured out why we had rules.”

B D Joe

One Tik Tok compilation is all I could manage, in fact surely more viewing should come with a government health warning?

I'm guessing they named the app that because we can watch western society slowly count down to its inevitable demise. Remind me again which country this app originates from?

I'm still optimistic that these videos represent the vocal minority and most people aren't as mental or attention seeking.

CAB_Life

This week, the Smith family steam their vaginas. Next week, they will iron their anus's, with Will joining in on the fun.

He prefers his anus pumped, not ironed, if you believe in the Travoltaesque rumors circling him since the 80s.

As a society we've now reached peak indulgence. Here's hoping for an alien invasion or an asteroid to clean things up a bit.

CAB_Life

Dear LORD...

I had to turn that off after about 5 minutes. There is indeed a perfect storm of isolation, mental health crises and social media addiction that's causing an unprecedented rise in human madness. I don't think we'll be seeing an upswing to any of this until big tech gets hobbled and we begin to identify the slew of new disorders spawned by the above.

truth777

Banned
I thought asking pronouns in a job interview was cringe. Very weird way to start a conversation with people.
The whole idea of a “person’s choice of pronouns” is a trap.
It’s a bullshit division tactic.

If the same person believes in gender fluidity, then their choice of pronouns could also change on a daily basis.
You go from “properly addressing” the person to insulting them.

Cyberpunkd

A generation being told they're special and unique, only to realise they're actually just another pointless meat suit like the rest of us, unable to come terms with being normal, they look for any reason to stand out
All there is to it, I would also say the fault lies with a generation of helicopter parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom