• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crow thread: Elon Musk has owned Twitter for one year now

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
This is what it comes down to? Arguing how autistic a man is?

Still, why do the ones who preach "tolerance and acceptance" the first to shout "ableists," get free passes at their total hypocrisy when it comes to ideological led targets they don't like?

I never see people on that side denouncing that shit. Just more excuses for that behavior, kicking the can down the road. From "body shaming" Trump's weight, to attacking and not "believing all women" who aren't subservient to the brand they push.

That is why people laugh at the clown world hypocritical double standard bullshit and grow more and more apathetic towards said people. All fake as fuck virtue.

He said Musk is severely autistic as an excuse to why Musk has that behavior. I corrected him.

How is that ableism? I'm disabled myself being deaf, high functioning autistic, etc. People who are severely autistic cannot function the way Elon does.

Your post is taking something and going where it logically shouldn't.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He said Musk is severely autistic as an excuse to why Musk has that behavior. I corrected him.

How is that ableism? I'm disabled myself being deaf, high functioning autistic, etc. People who are severely autistic cannot function the way Elon does.

Your post is taking something and going where it logically shouldn't.
Ok.

NickFire

Free speech only for those who benefit Twitter’s video platform.

Isn't that being mad for the sake of it and nothing else??

I mean, if Rockstar didn't care to post the video directly on twitter, why are people mad that its not easy to find on twitter?

DKehoe

It's because Elon Musk doesn't like GTA games...

GAnbH4gasAAS7uu

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

The difference is... Musk has the power to change things on his platform. Musk refuses to. Iger nor any of the other executives/CEOs can change things at Twitter nor IG nor FB. The only thing they can do is "vote" with their wallets. So Musk's entire argument is fundamentally flawed and illogical. Since he refuses to enact the changes the advertisers asked for (and he's shown time and again that he's not a real "free speech absolutist"), he proves he's acting in bad faith.

Edit: The other platform holders actually WILL try to change things and boot bad actors off. That's the other difference in case I wasn't clear.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The difference is... Musk has the power to change things on his platform. Musk refuses to. Eiger nor any of the other executives/CEOs can change things at Twitter nor IG nor FB. The only thing they can do is "vote" with their wallets. So Musk's entire argument is fundamentally flawed and illogical. Since he refuses to enact the changes the advertisers asked for (and he's shown time and again that he's not a real "free speech absolutist"), he proves he's acting in bad faith.
Ok.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And a lot asked the very same when it came to their Twitter. In fact, it's why this thread exists.

Elon coming off a bit unhinged. The misspelling got that tiny fist energy.
Yeah, twitter was a shining beacon of top quality amazeballs before.

Edit: The other platform holders actually WILL try to change things and boot bad actors off. That's the other difference in case I wasn't clear.
Yep this is definitely going to happen. Facebook was created in 2004, but next year, next year is the year all the bad people finally get kicked off. Mark Zuckerberg has been biding his time in the shadows for the past 20 years just waiting for the perfect time to strike, and now his trap is about to be sprung. Sure those last 20 years might have been a free for all of child exploitation with nothing but empty promises and sad excuses to show for it, but your day has finally come evil doers of Facebook!

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I wonder if the company is even worth the interest still due on the loans at this point.

I guess since he's super rich and saddled others with much of the debt he can just keep doing this sad middle age crisis thing forever and keep destroying the company. But it would be nice if he sold it to people who cared. Twitter was once a great communication tool. Not even that long ago.

At least Bluesky will have a public interface soon. Almost every author, scientist, journalist, entertainer, and politician that I followed on Twitter is on Bluesky now so I haven't even had to click on a Twitter link since like May.

Yoboman

I mean it's as close to a catastrophe as it could be

My feed is constantly filled with brazen racism
Considerably more bots
Giving pay to win ticks has meant the feed is constantly full of boomer memes now
The value of X has dropped enormously
Nobody is advertising on it. I've tried to pitch quite a few campaigns use X and advertisers have zero interest

I do appreciate it seems alot more free than other platforms for important uncensored info to spread, but Elon has been bending the knee constantly

gatti-man

I mean it's as close to a catastrophe as it could be

My feed is constantly filled with brazen racism
Considerably more bots
Giving pay to win ticks has meant the feed is constantly full of boomer memes now
The value of X has dropped enormously
Nobody is advertising on it. I've tried to pitch quite a few campaigns use X and advertisers have zero interest

I do appreciate it seems alot more free than other platforms for important uncensored info to spread, but Elon has been bending the knee constantly
I still use it but it’s a dumpster fire of absolute shit now. It’s like if you took Facebook and removed all the oversight and controls then slashed the maintenance budget by 90%. The pushing of monetization of users has led to the stifling of conversation which is the entire point of Twitter/X in the first place. It’s like 10% of what it was. Sad.

Are the owners of those sites reposting those messages, following those who make them and boosting them in the algorithm as a result, or are these just random users using a site they know will have more traction because there isn't a paywall to access any of it?
Elon is now a generic propagandists and internet baby.

I dont think Elon got Twitter for "freedom of speech"

In my thinking, Elon got twitter because he needed massive amounts of data to fuel Tesla's self-driving and other future services, and it would be pretty much impossible to buy so much data at a single time, and this data keeps getting updated since people keep using twitter, without raising eyebrows. He needs cloud capital if he wants to stay ahead in the EV sector, check-mating VW, even if VW wanted to do the same there isnt any othe social platform available for purchase, so if VW wants data/cloud capital they are fckd, and arguably why they are lagging behind. This would also explain why he changed the name from Twitter to X, he wants an ecosystem, thats where the true money is.

He could have payed less for it though, but its still a massive 5D chess play, he now just needs to stay solvent long enough to make this vision come through.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I'm glad the discourse in this thread hasn't devolved into name calling. The people in this thread have been largely respectful of everyone they disagree with. Not every thread does but this one has been so good! I could be wrong on my opinions but no one has called me or anyone else out of their name.

*Toasts everyone!*

Toons

He gave statistics.

The chart he gave is worthless for application here.

It looks like this chart is just counting maybe the number of posts with antisemitic language or... something?

That doesnt really say anything regarding the other companies willingness to use them as a platform, because all of these companies are well aware they cannot regulate random users commenting or saying what they want, that's always been the case, well before Musk came along.(as an aside its especially petty that he is singling out Bob iger for this, Disney is far from the only company not working with them)

But these sites all have a moderation system and team designed for content regulation for this, while Musk seems to have little to no regulation at all for what can he said and uses that practically as a selling point since day one..

we also have clear evidence of Musk actively promoting accounts that post this stuff, artificially and/or directly boosting the algorithm to spread their content. That is not addressed in these "statistics" either. To put it simply if another ceo, like Instagrams, for example got caught doing something similar, they would probably find themselves being quickly replaced. Musk is trying to shift the blame to these corporations for HIS behavior on his own platform by pointing to an issue that wasn't never the cause of the dispute.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The chart he gave is worthless for application here.

It looks like this chart is just counting maybe the number of posts with antisemitic language or... something?

That doesnt really say anything regarding the other companies willingness to use them as a platform, because all of these companies are well aware they cannot regulate random users commenting or saying what they want, that's always been the case, well before Musk came along.(as an aside its especially petty that he is singling out Bob iger for this, Disney is far from the only company not working with them)

But these sites all have a moderation system and team designed for content regulation for this, while Musk seems to have little to no regulation at all for what can he said and uses that practically as a selling point since day one..

we also have clear evidence of Musk actively promoting accounts that post this stuff, artificially and/or directly boosting the algorithm to spread their content. That is not addressed in these "statistics" either. To put it simply if another ceo, like Instagrams, for example got caught doing something similar, they would probably find themselves being quickly replaced. Musk is trying to shift the blame to these corporations for HIS behavior on his own platform by pointing to an issue that wasn't never the cause of the dispute.

Yes, he is being an open piece of shit. He is literally endorsing racists, neo nazis, etc. It's all on front street. It's not like he's trying to hide any of it. He welcomed them back onto the platform.

Anywho, we know what's what and who is who at this point.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yes, he is being an open piece of shit. He is literally endorsing racists, neo nazis, etc. It's all on front street. It's not like he's trying to hide any of it. He welcomed them back onto the platform.

Y'all need to clean your own backyard now with this shit. THE LEFT IS RUNNING WILD WITH THIS showing their own Nazi colors and racism/bigotry. From universities to celebrities, to the politicians themselves.

Last edited:
Yeah until these companies commit to stopping recruiting at Harvard, MIT, and Penn (hahahahaahhahhaha) they have absolutely zero moral legs to stand on.

"Musk is such a meanie we will never give Twitter ad money! Now excuse me I need to interview a promising candidate from a university that thinks genocide is ok"

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah until these companies commit to stopping recruiting at Harvard, MIT, and Penn (hahahahaahhahhaha) they have absolutely zero moral legs to stand on.

"Musk is such a meanie we will never give Twitter ad money! Now excuse me I need to interview a promising candidate from a university that thinks genocide is ok"
"Here Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok keep taking our advertising dollars even though it's been proven you were in bed with a certain political ideology in government censorship along with 100-fold the anti-Semitism and child sex trafficking that has been known about for years is littered across your platform where our ads appear right besides those posts as well."

This is politically motivated, nothing more. Bow down the big corporate overlords and advertisers in which we all do are best to ad-block and workaround (SmartTube) since we HATE them IRL.

HONK! HONK!

Make-Up Meme GIF by Justin

I dont agree with him often, but hes right. Tiktok is essentially Hamas central after the October 7th attacks. Fucking ban that shithole already.
And good ole Iger and crew advertise a metric fuckton on there.

Last edited:

Toons

Y'all need to clean your own backyard now with this shit. THE LEFT IS RUNNING WILD WITH THIS showing their own Nazi colors and racism/bigotry. From universities to celebrities, to the politicians themselves.

See these disigenuous arguments tho?

Now I as an individual, or hell, Disney as a corporation, have to regulate the behavior of universities if I want to criticize Elon on HIM boosting racists, grifters and general bad actors with HIS posts on HIS platform.

No, a person who graduated from Harvard does not necessarily represent any stance they've made on any issue or any topic. Refusal to interview them because of what school they went fo is laughable on its own, suggesting that its a prerequisite to calling Musk out on his own site is just braindead.

Elon Musk owns Twitter. It is HIS playground. It reflects On HIM as the final decision maker, he himself has made that very very clear since buying it. What he says goes.

So no, I do not have to do anything about Harvard or MIT to call him out. I dont run Harvard, I dont run MIT, so those aren't MY rooms, and I'm under no obligation to clean them. This goes for "Eiger" as well. And if you wish to criticize the people that are, present THEIR case and we can discuss that.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
He gave statistics.
With zero context and is still somehow missing that the problem is HIM. If he had bought Twitter, done everything the EXACT SAME behind the scenes, and just you know.....shut the hell up.....advertisers would still be on Twitter.

Him constantly interacting with conspiracy nuts, bigots, and extremists in a very public manner as the owner of the platform is the problem. Not the platform itself. If Zuckerbot was on Instagram constantly signal boosting nutcases and extremists they would lose advertisers as well.

Musk is the #1 reason that X is losing advertisers.

Last edited:

Read the responses to this thread, and compare that to what you'd see on tictok. Not really seeing the antisemitism you claim that twitter is now full of. In fact, I'm seeing a lot of support for Israel. Like you said, "we know what's what and who is who at this point." We've been seeing it for weeks now in our universities.

Companies are leaving Twitter, not because that's where the antisemitism is, but because that's where the beneficial advertising is not. They can also make a big showy statement about it after being insulted. I don't blame them for leaving, but I don't think for a moment they actually wish to avoid a platform with antisemitism. They're full of it, and this is all ideological.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

Read the responses to this thread, and compare that to what you'd see on tictok. Not really seeing the antisemitism you claim that twitter is now full of. In fact, I'm seeing a lot of support for Israel. Like you said, "we know what's what and who is who at this point." We've been seeing it for weeks now in our universities.

Companies are leaving Twitter, not because that's where the antisemitism is, but because that's where the beneficial advertising is not. They can also make a big showy statement about it after being insulted. I don't blame them for leaving, but I don't think for a moment they actually wish to avoid a platform with antisemitism. They're full of it, and this is all ideological.

What in the fuck are you on about? Elon is openly anti-Semitic and he courts nazis. No amount of gaslighting will change that fact.

Seriously dude. Why did you even try to lie so hard.

Outlier

If X is a platform for Free Speech it's algorithm sure does suck at detecting violent speech.

My account got locked yesterday for :

Violating our rules against violent speech.​
You may not threaten, incite, glorify, or express a desire for harm or violence.​

The post in question:
A very easy and quick way to poison yourself for about $100​
Video I posted about:

Stupid Algorithm lol

Last edited:
See these disigenuous arguments tho?

Now I as an individual, or hell, Disney as a corporation, have to regulate the behavior of universities if I want to criticize Elon on HIM boosting racists, grifters and general bad actors with HIS posts on HIS platform.

No, a person who graduated from Harvard does not necessarily represent any stance they've made on any issue or any topic. Refusal to interview them because of what school they went fo is laughable on its own, suggesting that its a prerequisite to calling Musk out on his own site is just braindead.

Elon Musk owns Twitter. It is HIS playground. It reflects On HIM as the final decision maker, he himself has made that very very clear since buying it. What he says goes.

So no, I do not have to do anything about Harvard or MIT to call him out. I dont run Harvard, I dont run MIT, so those aren't MY rooms, and I'm under no obligation to clean them. This goes for "Eiger" as well. And if you wish to criticize the people that are, present THEIR case and we can discuss that.
I'm not quite sure how Elon's actions reflect badly on Twitter, but somehow the Presidents actions don't reflect badly on the University, and by extension the students. Actually it's worse because Twitter is just a bunch of random people who own all the content themselves, while a university literally exists to teach values and shape a students worldview. It is laughable to think that the comments of the Presidents are isolated to just them. That permeates throughout the entire institution - just like Elon is boosting racists or whatever the hell the argument is, her behavior boosts and courts students, teachers, and administrators that believe the exact same thing, likely because they are taught to believe the same thing. The fact that the presidents can't even tell CONGRESS that genocide is bad shows that their worldview is so ingrained into their every day life that they didn't even consider what they were saying to be out of the ordinary. And these are the people in charge of educating the students.

What in the fuck are you on about? Elon is openly anti-Semitic and he courts nazis. No amount of gaslighting will change that fact.

Seriously dude. Why did you even try to lie so hard.
I don't believe that, and neither do plenty of other people. Why can't you just accept something is a difference of opinion rather than "gaslighting" or "lying"?

If you haven't read the entire thread, here are my comments addressing the matter you're referring to above:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom