• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead PS4 leaked

DavidGzz

Port begging has been okay for a while now. If it wasn't then so many switch fans would be banned.

I think anything goes now. It's either deal with era shit or blatant fanboys. Which is worse than port begging. I don't know which forum is worse at the moment lol

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
I think anything goes now. It's either deal with era shit or blatant fanboys. Which is worse than port begging. I don't know which forum is worse at the moment lol

How is wishing a game not on the platform was, being a fanboy? It's literally a compliment to the game.

Which it is. I bought both Ori games on Xbox and am a big fan.

For anyone who doesn't understand the relationship between Microsoft and this game I'll make it simple. They helped the developer complete the game, they don't own it, they don't have rights to it, they didn't publish it.

The reason it has stayed with Microsoft as long as it has is out of respect.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
If true, cool. The game is old at this point. Microsoft and MDHR could potentially makes millions more in revenue by selling it on PSN. So great!

I'll be honest, I would love if both Microsoft and Sony started multiplatforming their titles after a year or two. I'm not in the business, I don't know if that would be a terrible idea, but as a consumer I'd love to be browsing my PSN+ monthlies sometime and be like "holy shit! Forza!". Or be looking over my Game Pass selections and see something like God of War.

Vawn

Banned
For anyone who doesn't understand the relationship between Microsoft and this game I'll make it simple. They helped the developer complete the game, they don't own it, they don't have rights to it, they didn't publish it.

Are you implying something happened in the last couple days that made them lose that respect?

I find it difficult to believe they don't put it on PlayStation just to be nice to Xbox. Just like I don't believe Atlus just chooses to keep Persona on PlayStation to be nice to Sony.

Then why did it come out on switch last year?

Are you implying something happened in the last couple days that made them lose that respect?

I find it difficult to believe they don't put it on PlayStation just to be nice to Xbox. Just like I don't believe Atlus just chooses to keep Persona on PlayStation to be nice to Sony.

Microsoft actually reached out to them and asked them to bring it to Switch. I think that they were originally content just having it on Xbox and PC. I'm glad it is coming to Playstation now. Hopefully it sells decently.

DonF

Gold Member
Thats cool. Already finished it on switch and dont plan to play it again. Wasnt dlc announced?? Maybe ps4 port and dlc news?

edit: heheehe

Last edited:
I saw a PS4 running MCC the other day, so I'd need more proof.

Either way, the Switch version of this game was perfect. I love Cuphead, but I don't need to triple dip. Especially since the platinum would likely be a nightmare.

Well, Cuphead isn't an exclusive now. It's just a "not on PlayStation" game.

maybe was a PS4 hacked with linux, you can actually play MCC on linux with steam

6:00

Last edited:

There was nothing inhibiting them from releasing it anywhere else on day one, it was a mutual understanding.

They own the IP, they have the publishing rights, they are the publisher. Microsoft scratched their back, they scratched Microsoft's.

DavidGzz

How is wishing a game not on the platform was, being a fanboy? It's literally a compliment to the game.

Which it is. I bought both Ori games on Xbox and am a big fan.

Not that part. I'm saying port begging is a much lesser annoyance. I don't mind port begging at all.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Port begging has been okay for a while now. If it wasn't then so many switch fans would be banned.
9551bf14318b436f78ed7ea9cbaa1979d8a7641e_hq.jpg

It's not like we are in the Ori OT or something. This is literally a thread about a great Xbox game being released on PS4.
This was already available to the Switch/tesla cars though.

kebaldo

It was for street credibility

CamHostage

Either way, the Switch version of this game was perfect. I love Cuphead, but I don't need to triple dip. Especially since the platinum would likely be a nightmare.

It was for you? I've not had any problems with the control or graphics, that all came together swimmingly, but my copy loads like a muthaeffer. Did they patch it, or does my memory card suck?

...BTW, Nintendo Switch Pro, you don't have to invest in elite resolutions or fancy graphic effects or anything super complex to please me, just make games load like a next-gen console supposedly will and I'll buy it right away.

I'll be honest, I would love if both Microsoft and Sony started multiplatforming their titles after a year or two. I'm not in the business, I don't know if that would be a terrible idea, but as a consumer I'd love to be browsing my PSN+ monthlies sometime and be like "holy shit! Forza!". Or be looking over my Game Pass selections and see something like God of War.

Heh, maybe. It feels weird to me, as an old-man console guy who invests himself too much in console wars (why do I really care which mega-conglomeration sells the most boxes and widgets?), but it might be happening. Especially with Xbox Games Pass being the core product for Microsoft this generation, even moreso than the Xbox Series X that it'll play on (because they don't care if you game on a PC, an Xbox One, or a Series X, so long as you subscribe to their entry in the "The Netflix of Videogames" battle,) you never know what will cross over.

Technically, MS has at least three games on PlayStation already. Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons are by Mojang (who are owned by Microsoft,) and Psychonauts 2 will be published by Xbox Games Studios (that listing will be interesting when it finally pops up...) I don't expect that Sony is going to return that volley, however, but games is a changing business.

Last edited:

BadBurger

I prefer PC but bought the Xbox for NHL, Rare Replay, backwards compatibility, and Game Pass.

Used to own a PS4 and Switch also - sold 'em both off eventually. Just like Xbox more.

941.gif

Not only this, but on a PC there's a ton of other shit you can do on it while you suspend a game. When you plop down on the couch and fire up the Xbox, 99% of the time you're probably firing up a game and nothing else.

BTW I still own a PS4 and Switch but I totally understand people wanting to sell everything else off and stick to Xbox and PC. Game Pass is great. Also maybe they just don't give a fuck about Sony and Nintendo exclusives.

JSoup

Banned
Wait. Is port begging okay as long as the begging is for something to come to Playstation?

Does that even count as port begging? There's a difference between whining in every thread, complaining that X suck because Y isn't there and saying something, once, that amounts to 'I'd like this while we're at it'.

BadBurger

Does that even count as port begging? There's a difference between whining in every thread, complaining that X suck because Y isn't there and saying something, once, that amounts to 'I'd like this while we're at it'.

Is port begging still a bannable offense? Seems like a dated concept in 2020. Just wondering.

JSoup

Banned
Is port begging still a bannable offense? Seems like a dated concept in 2020. Just wondering.

To be honest, I always thought it was just used as an excuse to ban folk, particularly on old GAF. Like I get it if someone is just being an insufferable prick about it. Anything short of that? Nah.

teezzy

Banned
Not only this, but on a PC there's a ton of other shit you can do on it while you suspend a game. When you plop down on the couch and fire up the Xbox, 99% of the time you're probably firing up a game and nothing else.

BTW I still own a PS4 and Switch but I totally understand people wanting to sell everything else off and stick to Xbox and PC. Game Pass is great. Also maybe they just don't give a fuck about Sony and Nintendo exclusives.

This ^ pretty much. Being able to use Game Pass in my home office on my PC, and in the den of my house from my couch is awesome.

Starting with an NES toploader and Super Mario Bros 3, I grew up as a Nintendo kid, and had tons of fun playing JRPGs on my cousin's PS1 also.

Sixth gen came, and I had all three eventually. Seventh generation I had Wii and PS3, but skipped 360. Then I was all about Wii U and PC + retro collecting.

Got all three again this gen (and a 360 eventually), sold off PS4 and Switch because they didn't have what I wanted to play. I sold off a large majority of my retro stuff too to pay rent/bills after quitting a couple crappy jobs.

Now I own PS2, PSP, Original Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One S, and my PC. I couldn't be happier. Xbox just feels right.

I have a lot of different hobbies and adult life stuff, so I don't have time to play much apart from what's available on Steam/Xbox. If it doesn't hit those platforms, I figure it just wasn't meant to be.

Also couldn't care less about Mario/Zelda/Pokemon lately, and JRPGs just aren't what they used to be either. Paper Mario looks dope though.

Top Bottom