• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead PS4 leaked

MrFunSocks

Banned
IMO the best looking game of the generation, and also fun as hell if you like that type of game, so it’s great that more people will now get to play it.

anothertech

It makes sense this is alarming news to some.

There is a pretty big portion of x box fans that still buy the box for the exclusives. When those are gone, they will begin to question themselves. And rightfully so tbh.

Exclusive games are one of the most important aspect of console gaming.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It makes sense this is alarming news to some.

There is a pretty big portion of x box fans that still buy the box for the exclusives. When those are gone, they will begin to question themselves. And rightfully so tbh.

Exclusive games are one of the most important aspect of console gaming.
Well you can play Cuphead on Tesla, so I don't think bringing it to PS4 is a huge deal.

(I still can believe, that this is a official video : D )

Last edited:

tryDEATH

I am all for this if it leads to another Cuphead game. The game in itself is in a very niche position, its a very difficult indie game that has the most unique art style of this generation that was executed to perfection.

Its also a true labor of love from the developers and it should get way more recognition in the gaming community. This is one of those time less classics.

What you mean? We get games like NBA 2k and Farming Sim now. Cuphead is actually good.
We also got Rocket League, Resogun, Day of the Tentacle, Bloodborne and recently Dirt Rally 2.0. Sometimes they give us good stuff.
Cuphead is 100% a candidate for free PS Plus game.
I don't buy PS4 games anymore but look forward to get it ~free.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah because there’s something called friends coming over and we all wanna play together. Something you’ll never understand nor know so its okay lotion
I played Smash locally the other day, last week I played fighting games. Are you telling me PC doesn't support multiple controllers/splitscreen? I thought PC was the mustard race wtf?

Mista

Banned
I played Smash locally the other day, last week I played fighting games. Are you telling me PC doesn't support multiple controllers/splitscreen? I thought PC was the mustard race wtf?
Yeah we aren’t going to squeeze infront of a PC monitor and change my whole set up just because we wanna play party games. I didn’t say it isn’t possible, it isn’t ideal for my current set up. I got 3 consoles set up and a PC set up

Last edited:

LostDonkey

looks shopped to me. The Cuphead box doesn't line up with the rest, it's slightly bigger.

Just been on that section on the PS4 store and they all line up same size.

Edit: Apologies, in closer inspection it appears the box you highlight does appear slightly bigger so could be legit.

But still not on my UK store. Search results come up negative.

Last edited:

Holammer

Good game, kinda lost interest because the last boss was tedious and difficult.
I might sit down and give it a chance again some day.

Kokoloko85

And for potential subscribers. But since it competes with PSNow, I doubt Sony would allow it. Only way that would work is if MS cuts some kind of special deal with Sony.

Special deal for moneys.
And only 1st and 2nd Party MS games for the Playstation version of Gamepass, so Sony wont care about it competing with PS now.

MS wins money
PS gets some money
3rd party is left alone

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Then it wouldn't be gamepass, but some other service.

Ill take it lol. Gamepass MS studios version on Playstation-/ OG XBox, 360 and Xb1 1st and 2nd party games only
Only 3rd party games not being on there is different. Then Sony wont care

Last edited:

Dr Kaneda

One of my games on the gen. PC, then double dipped on Switch. REAAAAAALLLLLLY want the DLC already, it's been 2 years since they announced it and they've been radio silent since the delay last year. I would be tempted to triple dip but I don't want to reward them for their poor communication in regards to the DLC.

Roberts

If it is true, then great! It is one of my favourite games this gen. Ridiculously hard and unforgiving, but oh so rewarding - still trying to beat a few stages after all these years. As primarily a Xbox gamer I see nothing wrong for it to come out for PS4 so that more people can enjoy or rage-quit this gem, just like I wish Nioh games would come to Xbox one day.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Special deal for moneys.
And only 1st and 2nd Party MS games for the Playstation version of Gamepass, so Sony wont care about it competing with PS now.

MS wins money
PS gets some money
3rd party is left alone
That sweet 30 dollars a year like EA access minus Sonys cut be so awesome for Microsoft gtfo. I don't why the port begging Microsoft has no games anyways im told.

Mattyp

Gold Member
That's exactly what people said when Cuphead was announced for Switch and people said "bring Ori too".

You know what happened. They brought Ori too.

And Microsoft have said several times they don't see Nintendo as a direct competitor, releasing platform IPs they own on a handheld makes sense after ample time on their own device. If we start seeing IPs like Gears, Forza & Halo appear on Switch you might have a point.

Kokoloko85

That sweet 30 dollars a year like EA access minus Sonys cut be so awesome for Microsoft gtfo. I don't why the port begging Microsoft has no games anyways im told.

I cant understand what your getting at?

Im sure both platforms would play games from either console. Obviously we know which sides has more support for the games they release On there platformer exclusively.....

Vawn

Banned
What? I didn’t even know that (not a Switch user). Where’s my PS4/5 Ori Microsoft?

Ori-cover.jpg

Yeah. Super Lucky's Tale is on Switch too. And Minecraft Dungeons is obviously on everything.

4602_1_1567058424.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom