• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Current Graphics King on Series X or PS5 platforms

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
My pick is a game I still do not think has yet to be surpassed. We have finally reached the point were toy story graphics can be played. For it's framerate,art design, lighting, animation, amoung many other reasons my pick is an easy one.

Ratchet and Clank: A rift Apart

SABRE220

In overall sheer rich detail and consistency sadly its still demons souls remake which is sad since its a launch title. Overall I would say Forbidden West but ratchet also has a shout-along with Phantom Liberty.

Last edited:

XXL

This thread is just reminding me how much I want Bluepoint to remake Bloodborne.
I Hope Please GIF

Crayon

I don't know quite what is is about demons souls but maybe it is that. I probably need to go back and look again but in my head, it's tops. My wife says the same and she hand a better memory. Something about the environments and the detail still visible at long distances.

King Dazzar

HFW & Burning Shores on PS5. Though Rift Apart is stunning too (which I'm only now playing through). GT7 has some excellent HDR at times. GoWR is amazing due to art style, 60fps whilst maintaining very high res, even if its not cutting edge in next gen terms. The overall image still looks superb regardless. Loved the art direction of Demon Souls, but it is quite low res at times in 60fps mode (I know many will disagree) so wasn't as impressed as some are.

XSX, maybe Forza Horizon 5, maybe still Gears 5 from last gen, simply due to its amazing HDR. I would hope the new Forza quickly picks up any grey area on that platform though.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
There are plenty:
  • Horizon Forbidden West - best visuals in an open world, nothing comes close.
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - gorgeous art direction and so much density.
  • Demon's Souls - that lighting is jaw-dropping.
  • TLOU P1 - The animations and facial captures have never looked better.
  • GT 7 PS VR 2 - Maximum immersion. Proper next-gen stuff.
  • Final Fantasy XVI - Some of the battle sequences are pure eye-candy.
  • Death Stranding Director's Cut - Beautiful world. But the facial models and facial animation takes the cake.
  • Spider-Man 2 - the hero lighting and the overall RT look extremely gorgeous in the previews.

geary

There are plenty:
  • Horizon Forbidden West - best visuals in an open world, nothing comes close.
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - gorgeous art direction and so much density.
  • Demon's Souls - that lighting is jaw-dropping.
  • TLOU P1 - The animations and facial captures have never looked better.
  • GT 7 PS VR 2 - Maximum immersion. Proper next-gen stuff.
  • Final Fantasy XVI - Some of the battle sequences are pure eye-candy.
  • Death Stranding Director's Cut - Beautiful world. But the facial models and facial animation takes the cake.
  • Spider-Man 2 - the hero lighting and the overall RT look extremely gorgeous in the previews.
No Idea Idk GIF by Apple Music

King Dazzar

I must mention Ac Valhalla too on both XSX and PS5. It has some subtle but superb HDR with the right TV with constant dynamic lighting changes from clouds. I lost myself for months in that and loved exploring the amazing vistas in Norway and England.

Del_X

PS5: Demon's Souls. Something about the geometry and lighting still makes it feel so dense and "real"
Xbox: Flight Simulator, then probably Forza.

Ratchet & Clank with Demon's Souls and The Last of Us Part 1 closely behind for me. Haven't seen anything on Xbox that impresses me so far, but Hellblade 2 looks very promising.

SHA

An UE game looking better than another UE game, fascinating! There has to be a definite answer for this question, the guys at UE should know the answer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom