• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Current Graphics King on Series X or PS5 platforms

LostDonkey

The new Spiderman is probably the best I've seen so far.

Wether it will look like that on a retail unit though remains to be seen.

Fbh

To me Forbidden West is still the game to beat this gen, all things considered.
Amazing character models (and not only during cutsces), amazing looking environments, great vistas, awesome up close detail, great animation, and all of it in a big seamless open world with a pretty solid 60fps mode too.

I'm starting to doubt it will be beaten this gen (on base consoles), at least on a visuals + performance perspective. All these poorly performing games we have gotten this year don't even come close to looking good enough to justify their poor resolution and framerate.

If your $70 AAA game is going to make me choose between 30fps or 720p then it better be a big generational leap in visuals and/or mechanics compared to Horizon.
pdjE5IO.gif

otherwise fuck off.

Last edited:

BigLee74

Forbidden West looks amazing, no denying that. Haven’t seen it in person mind you.

I dont think there is any XSX game that has blown me away in looks this gen. Lots of good looking games, but nothing truly exceptional.

midnightAI

Matrix is obviously the best looking but it's just an interactive tech demo.
I don't even think it's the best looking (HFW is, and can I also say it's 'uncontestable' or 'easily' or 'its not even close' like others do even though it clearly is or there would only be one answer) and if we are putting forwards tech demos then...

(And yes, I know it's not for PS5, but I don't care, it will run on the PS5, also, original UE5 showing was better than Matrix)

Last edited:

Markio128

The games that have impressed me the most visually so far are: HFW, Cyberpunk, GT7 VR, Demon’s Souls, R&C and Red Matter 2 (VR) on PS5. Flight Sim and FH on Series X.

Demon Souls basically annihilates any other game except the matrix demo to me

This Gen has been so lame graphically a launch title is still kicking ass almost 4 years in. Imagine if Killzone shadow fall was still the best looking, or top 2 best looking games in late 2016

Last edited:

Puscifer

Overall: Cyberpunk with path tracing, this is non negotiable.

Creative: Returnal on PC, the additional RT effects fill out the world and give the picture a sense of depth that you didn't realize was missing on PS5. doesn't help with how amazing it looks in general with everything going on screen.

Console Choice: I mean there's ratchet I guess but it's like 5 hours long and so forgettable

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Starfield? Really?

I think it’s legit ugly, when I first got to New Atlantis I actually rolled my eyes. Those trees man…😂

Even if it was 60fps I’d still say it’s a technical shambles.
It has ugly places but when it shines, it truly shines. It is probably the only game on xbox doing realtime GI aside from metro exodus which is a last gen game updated to add rtgi and pushing that level of modeling in interiors.

These are from the PC version, but the xbox version should look close to this.

892M0Rs.gif

oTOj0r3.gif

bnE0shL.gif

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh really? What is this magical "Power of the cloud" thou art speaking of then?

It uses cloud computing data to get realistic, accurate up to date city-scape and world wide weather information while playing.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Flight Sim hands down. Never mind a plot of land or many maps in a game. It covers the globe.
Yeah, Flight Sim is fantastic but also Forza Horizon 5 is so beautiful. I hate driving games and I just meant to tryout FH5 because of the graphics and got sucked into playing the game for weeks.

Codeblew

It uses cloud computing data to get realistic, accurate up to date city-scape and world wide weather information while playing.

So in other words, downloading data from the internet. Gotcha.

Top Bottom