• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Beats Elden Ring As Most Played Single-Player Game On Steam

Draugoth

Gold Member
Cyberpunk 2077 has overtaken Elden Ring as the most played single-player game in the top games by concurrent player count on Steam. A quick look at the Steam concurrent player count charts reveals that CD Projekt’s Cyberpunk 2077 is now the most played single-player game on the platform, pushing ahead of From Software’s Elden Ring.

https://twistedvoxel.com/cyberpunk-2077-beats-elden-ring-steam/

Cyberpunk 2077 elden ring

Other games above Elden Ring in the list include Path of Exile, Monster Hunter Rise, DayZ, PAYDAY 2, Hearts of Iron IV, and MIR. Cyberpunk 2077 currently has a comfortable 10k user lead over Elden Ring. The recently released Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Netflix series may have boosted interest in the game, especially since content from the show has been added to it in update 1.6.

The Cyberpunk: Edgerunners update will allow players to equip new items from the anime series. This includes the jacket that David Martinez, the lead character in the anime, wears and a shotgun that another character uses. Additionally, it will include new features like a new clothing transmog system for changing your appearance, cross-platform progression, playable Roach Race arcade cabinets, and more.

Saber

Gold Member
Nah, no big deal.
The updates are giving(mostly fixing) what the game is supposed to be at launch. And at this point, the amount of players playing ER is lower than at start.

Not trying to downplay their work(which are pretty great), but this isn't surprising in my book.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
No, just tailing on the recent release of the animated show Edgerunners.

A bit like when The Witcher 3 had a new surge of popularity when the TV show released.
It's an okay game now, but not worthy of being the most played. Maybe it would be more interesting to see how long people stuck with it vs. a better game like ER.

Sentenza

It's an okay game now, but not worthy of being the most played. Maybe it would be more interesting to see how long people stuck with it vs. a better game like ER.
I don't even think it's a good game at all, so you are preaching to the choir.

And "most played" is a bit of an overstatement. While technically correct, it's just the intersection between the show giving the game a boost in popularity AND this being a dead time window with no notable recent releases.

Ezquimacore

Banned
People are beginning to believe, love Elden Ring, but Cyberpunk 2077 is a beautiful experience.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
All I remember of that game is how it crashes every hour of playtime on PS5 without fail. I mean Sony can dig up the reports as I reported every crash.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I enjoyed the hell out of it even at launch. I think people just jumped on the hate bandwagon because they wanted to punish CDPR for not delivering everything they promised + some meme-worthy bugs.

It’s a fun RPG with great story/writing/characters and a ton of interesting quests. Highly recommended to anybody who passed on it because of the hyperbolic hate

It's a pretty damn good game these days, though I wouldn't touch it on last gen consoles. If you haven't given it a chance due to all the backlash it got you should give it a try, especially now that it is all patched up
i don't know - i really enjoyed it on my ps4 (it's that good!). i'd say if that's all you've got to play it on, play it!...

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
I love random stats that don't take everything into account, like PRICE.

Cyberpunk 2077 has been $39.99 CND and cheaper elsewhere, while Elden Ring has been $59.03 CND at it's lowest.

Also different genres.

This is mostly nonsense, I'm not sure why someone needs to "best" someone here.

lukilladog

I guess that is people trying out dlc or patches, game has no replay value. I almost loaded the game the other day because of that, but nah.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
But not the most played single player game tho, it can't run on consoles... GG Elden Ring 😎
shh shh shh shh shh shh you dont want to be boasting about Elden Rings performance on consoles.

The haters will hear you and have receipts..........receipts i tell ya.

SJRB

Gold Member
History will look back on Cyberpunk 2077 as an incredible achievement, especially in terms of visual and world design.

Cringe meme lords may try to downplay its significance because of its terrible console launch quality, but underneath all that is an overwhelmingly dense design ethos that surpasses even GTA. The visual style, the audio, the atmosphere is beyond anything else.

God-tier game.

I mean, it just got a surprisingly actually good anime, and a content update that added more stuff to do, which ER hasn't got in awhile, so I would hope it be higher.
Monster Hunter Rise's daily peak being below ER stood out to me more to be honest.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Imagine if Elden Ring gets a show or a Berserk-like Anime, it will get even more.
But seriously, who really cares? most played doesnt mean that much, the games are different and are not meant to be compared, also many of the top games on that Steam list are just not good games imo. DayZ? and PUBG? lmao.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I love random stats that don't take everything into account, like PRICE.

Cyberpunk 2077 has been $39.99 CND and cheaper elsewhere, while Elden Ring has been $59.03 CND at it's lowest.

Also different genres.

This is mostly nonsense, I'm not sure why someone needs to "best" someone here.

You need to relax, friend.

Some people enjoy studying charts of todays best games.

Top Bottom