• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring Is Back With 108K Steam Players For First Time Since Early 2023

Don Carlo

From article cover:

At the time of writing, around 80K Steam users are currently playing, but the peak concurrent player count was much higher in the last 24 hours.

This peak is Elden Ring’s first time reaching over 100K players since early 2023. The game last reached such numbers in January 2023, highlighting the current resurgence.

elden-ring-steamdb.jpg

Booted up the game myself as well. Needed a refresher before I could get my hands on Shadow of the Erdtree.

Fake

I beat the Lord of Blood for a possible day one acess to the DLC, so I presume people are doing the same.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The hype is strong.
I don’t even play elden ring but I look forward to seeing what people think about both the new DLC and the new super boss.

A lot of people are starting a new playthrough from scratch or progressing through their NG+.

I’ll take some time in the months to complete Leyndell in my NG+ and then make my way to the Consecrated Snowfields to reach the portal that leads to Mohg.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Started playing it myself again the other day. Want to use my 2 weeks holiday to finally beat the game. But man, it is so huge.... Just downed Godrick. Dude was pretty easy. Crucible Knight gave me most issues so far, lol.

From her on in most of the game is new for me though now. Payed up until this point back when it released but then gave up on it. Lets see if I can get it done now. Like it a lot but damn.... the size of this game.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
You know there is shortcut for Mogh palace....right ?
Talk to me.

I’ve completed limgrave on my original character that’s on NG+ and regret going NG+.

Started up a Samurai, but if I can’t just get to Mogh and beat him now to have a ready character, then I can try to transition my NG+ into some katana build (bleed or ice) so I’m ready for the dlc.

Talk to me.

I’ve completed limgrave on my original character that’s on NG+ and regret going NG+.

Started up a Samurai, but if I can’t just get to Mogh and beat him now to have a ready character, then I can try to transition my NG+ into some katana build (bleed or ice) so I’m ready for the dlc.
Talk to Varré at the first bonfire in Limgrave after you kill Godrick, then find him outside the Rose Church in Liurnia and do his quest

This game is worth the money......
terminator2-trust-me.gif
My best offer is $17.99. A bacon cheeseburger at Five Guys is like $14+ so I acknowledge that it is probably worth more than a single (albeit pretty delicious) burger.

I only have like 7 hours on BG3, paying full price for another single player game is not a good idea!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
My best offer is $17.99. A bacon cheeseburger at Five Guys is like $14+ so I acknowledge that it is probably worth more than a single (albeit pretty delicious) burger.

I only have like 7 hours on BG3, paying full price for another single player game is not a good idea!
no-deal.gif

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Talk to Varré at the first bonfire in Limgrave after you kill Godrick, then find him outside the Rose Church in Liurnia and do his quest
You’ve got to speak to the old lady under the fingers at the round table before he appears right? I’m doing that now. Rolled a new character for DLC. Then you gotta
invade 3 games and soak the cloth in the blood of a maiden

There’s a second way to get to him but it’s late game teleport, so talking to Varre is the fastest way to get there.

Last edited:

Danjin44

You’ve got to speak to the old lady under the fingers at the round table before he appears right? I’m doing that now. Rolled a new character for DLC. Then you gotta
invade 3 games and soak the cloth in the blood of a maiden

There’s a second way to get to him but it’s late game teleport, so talking to Varre is the fastest way to get there.
I they also add a way for you to do his quest offline by invading NPC......This is great for someone like me who exclusively plays this game offline.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Such a jump is pretty surprising, seeing as the DLC release is still four months off. Maybe people are trying to build up a new character before other games come out in the meantime.

DeaDPo0L84

Me and my wife got the itch to play given the recent dlc announcement. We both have a 4090 and the game still struggles to run well, it's ridiculous.

Arsic

Hmm. He wasn’t in either location in NG+ and I’ve beat Godrick already.

Maybe I killed him trying to get gear?

Blah.

Larxia

Quick question but, is it still not possible to play the game (online, without mods) without chromatic aberration? =/ I really can't stand this effect, especially since I'm near sighted and my glasses already give me a bit of chromatic aberration, so having it in a game just makes it double, it gives me headaches and it's awful.

It's the reason why I still haven't played this game, sadly. I know I could mod it to remove it, but I would like to enjoy all the online features as well :messenger_pensive:

In the trailer for the DLC, there was no chromatic aberration, but I don't know if it's just for the trailer, or if they'll finally give an option to turn it off, although I don't really believe it...

Arsic

Hmm. He wasn’t in either location in NG+ and I’ve beat Godrick already.

Maybe I killed him trying to get gear?

Blah.
Realized in NG+ this doesn’t occur. I had the item already to go to the palace in my inventory lol.

Killed him on my 7th try. Shoutouts to mimic tear.

Why not dive in blind? That's the most immersive experience for me honestly.
Because the DLC isn’t instantly accessible from the beginning and I don’t want to play this up to three times or more, like I did with the main game on release, just to see all of what it has to offer. I’m already not super into the fact that I will need to level a new character because my main is some insanely high level.

Unless someone out there says it has multiple endings or some cool official enemy randomizer mode, I’d rather this just be a one and done for me. The wiki guys will be racing each other to be first in posting all details, and I get the benefit of playing it after any fixes/patches. It’s a win/win.

Danjin44

That’s good news. I’ll see what type of endings they are once the wiki info comes out.
You still have lots of time before the expansion comes out.....one of the things that makes Elden Ring special is sense of discovery....I put over 500 + hours in the game and platinum the game and I'm still discovering something new everytime I replay it.

You still have lots of time before the expansion comes out.....one of the things that makes Elden Ring special is sense of discovery....I put over 500 + hours in the game and platinum the game and I'm still discovering something new everytime I replay it.
I have done nearly the same my friend (I think 315h + Platinum) but I don’t mind the wait though. I still have not even touched AC 6 yet, so I’m not starving for more Elden Ring like everyone else here.

Truly the only thing that would make me go back on DLC launch, or even right now like the rest of you, is an official randomizer mode update. The time I had playing my friend’s randomizer mod on his PC was some of the most fun I’ve ever had on doing another run of any video game.

It’s a shame From and the director don’t pay attention to social media as much, because it would be great if they made it an official mode. ER is the perfect game for it.

badblue

I reinstalled recently because I still haven't beaten the game and I'd like to do that before the DLC comes out.

The plan was to pick up where I left off (Dex build, somewhere in Volcano Manor) but my cloud save was missing.

Playing a mage this time.

I reinstalled recently because I still haven't beaten the game and I'd like to do that before the DLC comes out.

The plan was to pick up where I left off (Dex build, somewhere in Volcano Manor) but my cloud save was missing.

Playing a mage this time.
You just reminded me of another reason why I’m leaning towards waiting. If those hand-to-hand monk skills in the trailer are a weapon type, I need to know what stats to spec for because I’m laser focused on playing with that.

From’s hand to hand melee options have always been…just ok. They managed to get the whip right once in Bloodborne (my second favorite weapon type) and then took it back away(no whip ever felt as good afterwards in DS and ER). So I’m hoping this is finally the moment for H2H to shine.

Freeman76

I can understand why, the trailer got me hungry for some more....the problem is I scoured every inch of that map for 200 hours and god damn I dont think I can face doing it all again. I wish I hadnt gone into NG plus now, the game is too big for multiple runs and then I would have access to the area for starting the DLC, no way am I doing this expansion in NG plus so I need to at least get as far as Mohg....but then I will have an underlevelled character. First world issues lmao

FunkMiller

Gold Member
That's everyone (like me) who's build is NG+5, and doesn't want to go into the DLC with mobs hitting for ten thousand :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Do we think they'll provide a path for people who can't or don't want to use their previous builds? I don't think I can be bothered to go from the beginning again...

Freeman76

Me and my wife got the itch to play given the recent dlc announcement. We both have a 4090 and the game still struggles to run well, it's ridiculous.
Thats odd, I have a 4070 with a 7800x3d and it runs perfectly in 4k, it does tank a bit if I turn RT on but otherwise its rock solid

DragonNCM

Talk to me.

Fallow White mask Varre quest line. At some point of the quest you will need to invade other worlds players 3 times (it doesn't meter if you lose or win) or you can kill npc invader in Altus plato instead, after that you need to soak cloth in maiden blood at Marikas church of frenzied flame in Liurnia of the lake's & in return you will get item from white mask Varre who can transport you in Mogh palace area.

Last edited:

buenoblue

I said to my mate I wanna finish elden ring and demons souls this year. I bought both on release and bounced of pretty quick. I hate looking at guides or help with games so it's like banging your head off a wall 😂. This year I'm gonna do it though 💪☺️👍

Top Bottom