• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 has ceased development

Draugoth

Gold Member
From CDPR Financial Calls:

GOrN_9EXwAIX9AG

GOrO69oWQAAMPkp

Phobos Base

Well they got there in the end. Glad I didn't bother buying on release but was very pleased with the collector's edition I bought for £20 new.

The Stig

Going to start my second play through soon. I was lucky enough to have built my new PC just as 2.0 and phantom liberty came out. Great experience.

poodaddy

Gold Member
The 2020s version of No man's Sky.

Let's hope next time they don't stumble out of the gate for their next game
I fully expect them to, and I know it will still turn out great in the end, so I'll probably gobble up whatever they make, as I've been doing since The Witcher 2.

Boss Mog

Sadly I feel like they'll still put the sequel on current gen chasing the large install base rather than making it next gen only.

timothet

You can tell they haven't learned anything by announcing multiple new games before their development has even started. Once again they'll be under pressure to release them as soon as there's a playable build.
Well, they are a public company so they must announce things for their shareholders. Apart from Project Hadar which is their brand new IP in concept stage, all of their other projects are in development. They have their main studio in Warsaw working on The Witcher 4, studio in Boston is working on Cyberpunk sequel, The Molasses Flood is working on another, smaller Witcher game and Fool’s Theory is working on Witcher 1 remake.

Brigandier

Turned out to be an excellent game I got it on PS5 release and really enjoyed it, I might even replay it soon and I rarely do that these days, I had it on PC on launch and it was a fucking mess.

It simply should never have released when it did and I hope they truly have learned their lesson.

Braag

By new studio in Boston. Some devs who worked on CP2077 moved from Poland to Boston but I think majority of that studio will consist of new hires. Don't take my word for it though, I'm just guessing.
A lot of the senior devs moved to Boston to start development on the sequel. People like Pawel Sasko who was lead quest designer on CP2077 and a quest designer on TW3 has moved to Boston, as an example.

Keeping the development of The Witcher games in Poland is the right call.

Last edited:

Dazraell

Gold Member
Cyberpunk sequel is done by a new team, right?
Key developers originate from the same team who worked on 2.0 patch and Phantom Liberty, including game director and majority of the leads. They were just moved from Warsaw to Boston. A lot of people who worked on CP2077 in general though moved to Polaris project which is Witcher 4

I think this decision was made in order to make two larger studios simultaneously working on two seperate projects. Polaris team's game is intended to be a trilogy so they will most likely be busy for a while

T4keD0wN

Thats weird, they have announced that there will be FSR3 implemented, its not as of right now, there should be at least 1 more update.

stn

Its an awesome, awesome game. I bought it at launch and played a few hours, had no issues. I decided to put it on hold for years, and pretty much got back into it after the first major patch. No regrets, it was awesome. Afterwards, I played Phantom Liberty near release, and it was one of the best expansions ever. I sincerely think we'd be talking about a GOTY contender if the current game was released today. It still has some stuff that is missing but overall it is great.

Last edited:

Xtib81

Great ! That is my favorite ps5 game. I hope we get a sequel before 2030, even though I doubt it.

Last edited:

geary

A lot of the senior devs moved to Boston to start development on the sequel. People like Pawel Sasko who was lead quest designer on CP2077 and a quest designer on TW3 has moved to Boston, as an example.

Also the lead on the expansion moved to Boston

timothet

I knew about Paweł Sasko and Gabe Amatangelo from Paweł's Twitch streams, but I have no idea how many of lower level devs moved to Boston from Poland. I imagine not that much, so there will be a lot of new people working on the sequel.

Moving Cyberpunk games development to USA is also the right call.

Top Bottom