• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 has ceased development

squarealex

oh-no-anyway.gif

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I'm surprised they didn't go down the GTA online route, man that city they built was ripe for those sort of shenanigans and why in the ever loving fuck have they not got in contact with Rebellion and done a Dredd cross over expansion, such a wasted opertunity

Last edited:
Reactions: Gp1

alienator

Never bothered with the console launch as it was horrible and my pc couldnt handle it at that time. Nowdays my pc can handle it but bought it on ps5 anyways a few months ago. (for 20 bucks even)

long story short: easily one of my top 10 ALL TIME games ever... in my +35 years of gaming experience.

Dazraell

Gold Member
The Molasses Flood one is a remakw of the first game right?
No, Molasses Flood is working on Sirius project which is an unnanounced Witcher spin-off. Witcher 1 Remake is outsourced and developed by Fool's Theory, a studio formed by some devs who worked on past Witcher games. That's why it's not listed on that graph, people involved with supporting it on CDPR side most likely falls under "Other" category

Last edited:

gpn

I started playing a few months ago and have well over 100 hours in it and I love it. Looks great on PS5 too. I got it back when it came out on PS4, but never got around to it then, so I guess that was the right inadvertent call. It’ll be interesting to see if there’s a PS5 Pro patch, as I think Sony would want that to show off the new features. Anyways, great game and I’m glad they stuck with it to improve it.

makaveli60

cdpr made a woke video so no witcher 4 for me.
Why all good things have to be butchered by communists? One of the reasons it was so good was because it was not woke, despite having one of the most diverse selection of characters ever in a videogame. Not much faith for the sequel...

Anyway, CP2077 is simply one of the best games ever, so I suggest everyone giving it a chance at least.

rkofan87

Gold Member
Why all good things have to be butchered by communists? One of the reasons it was so good was because it was not woke, despite having one of the most diverse selection of characters ever in a videogame. Not much faith for the sequel...

Anyway, CP2077 is simply one of the best games ever, so I suggest everyone giving it a chance at least.

this same with witcher 3 its sad.

StereoVsn

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

I played it on XSX at the time of release, finished it then. Do not remember a single major hiccup.

Last-gen versions were shit, yeah.
That is BS, there were a ton of issues at launch on next gen consoles and PC. Hell, you can find DF or many other videos in question on it.

That’s not mentioning all kinds of character and quest fixes. Yes, CDPR fixed most of the technical issues, but saying that there were no issues is completely false.

And hell the game CDPR produced at the end was not what they promised originally which was an immersive RPG. This is more of an action adventure game, if a very good one.

My most second-most played game since consoles started tracking those stats. Close to 600 hours across Playstation and Xbox. Utterly superb game and I don't really like FPS games or RPGs much nowadays. It's all about the characters, the writing, and the environment.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
That is BS, there were a ton of issues at launch on next gen consoles and PC. Hell, you can find DF or many other videos in question on it.

That’s not mentioning all kinds of character and quest fixes. Yes, CDPR fixed most of the technical issues, but saying that there were no issues is completely false.

And hell the game CDPR produced at the end was not what they promised originally which was an immersive RPG. This is more of an action adventure game, if a very good one.

I did not have a single one of these glitches mentioned. I played in December, a month after the game launched.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Incredible game. Phantom liberty is just top shelf gaming.

If you got the rig to run it max settings or close to, or good internet wired to use GeForce now, you’ll see the apex of the medium when it comes to visuals. (Better than hell blade 2.)

Can’t wait for more in this universe, or the next CDPR game.

RavageX

I didn't enjoy it. Not just the story, but the gameplay mechanics in general.

Willing to give it another shot in the future.
I have to agree. I really didn't enjoy the game at all. Didn't like the story, the pacing of the story, the city itself does not feel like a futuristic place, it feels like an attempt to look futuristic....I just didn't like it. Patches can't fix that, plus I'm not so forgiving. They failed to meet their own expectations.
Can't be bothered to play it again, and will skip the expansion. I don't care about celebs in games.

Saber

Gold Member
For one that gave us that terrible launch, I guess what only matters is the type of commitment one can give to fix all wrongs. Not saying its not wrong start that way, but continuing to give fix and improvements is not something companies would do these days(most would either abandon it or try Skyrim stupidy of calling bugs features) and that alone earn my respect. Cheers for them for doing a reversal with this game, looking foward to whats next in their list.

Last edited:
It ended up being my favorite game of 2023. To me whatever came before Patch 2.0 and Phantom Liberty is irrelevant. The game is in my opinion one of the best Open World Action RPGs ever released.

Pimpbaa

Damn, was kinda hoping they could increase performance on consoles a bit so we get a 4k target for fsr 2 again like before Phantom Liberty. The drop to 1800p is noticeable.

Top Bottom