• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
The conversations are just killer in first person. You feel like you're sitting there. Very HL2-y. I had originally imagined/hoped for 3rd person like a Division 2 with Cyberpunk theme. I usually like 3rd person like TW3 over first person like KCD.
absolutely. i LOVE the conversations. i wouldn't use 3rd person all the time. maybe just when wandering around the city.

John2290

I wish all the negative nancys would just go play Watch Dogs: Legion instead of all the belly aching. It's a bad look.
It's a bad look for CDPR more like. Can't play this game for more than an hour without having to reset. Can't drive a car or need a reset. Big scripted mission? Reset! Walk into the wrong area of the city and cause some havoc by accident? Reset. Fast ravel somewhere? Possible reset. leave the console running for about 90 minutes doing nothing? Reset.

And I'm on a PS4 PRO, can't even imagine the load of shite that the base console players have to deal with, I've it installed on my OG but I'm afraid to boot it in case I take down the local power grid or some shit.

Game is fantastic underneath all this bollachs but this is one hell of a big load of bollachs.

DZ_b_EZ

The Future is big, juicy, and reflective.....

rUlgHhd.png

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
It's a bad look for CDPR more like. Can't play this game for more than an hour without having to reset. Can't drive a car or need a reset. Big scripted mission? Reset! Walk into the wrong area of the city and cause some havoc by accident? Reset. Fast ravel somewhere? Possible reset. leave the console running for about 90 minutes doing nothing? Reset.

And I'm on a PS4 PRO, can't even imagine the load of shite that the base console players have to deal with, I've it installed on my OG but I'm afraid to boot it in case I take down the local power grid or some shit.

Game is fantastic underneath all this bollachs but this is one hell of a big load of bollachs.

that's your problem right there. game is trash on consoles.

played 8 hours straight on PC today and most of yesterday. only had to reload my game once because of a quest tracking bug.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Loving this game. Feels like fallout and borderlands had a cyber baby. Having a crash on average every hour on PS5 which is kind of annoying though. This game was nowhere near ready but I imagine CDPR’s investors were just like “wtf, get this released it’s been 8 years”

Razvedka

Banned
I played for several hours last night. I don't see the complaints so far. Yeah its a bit glitchy but it looks amazing and the city really has a super unique feel of being lived in, great scale & scope so far.

But I guess I have two advantages:

1. I was looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 but I only occasionally paid attention to the YT videos or marketing materials. Just enough to figure out 'what kind of game it would be'. I was basically expecting a more competent, 'cyberpunk' version of Fallout New Vegas (more or less). Essentially 'A Bethesda game but made by competent people'. So far I have not been disappointed whatsoever and am really getting sucked in.

2. I'm running this on a an EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 32GB of DDR4 RAM (3600Mhz), 800GB SSD NVME, and an OC'd Ryzen 1800X. Almost everything is set to top settings except I'm in DLSS perf mode @ 2k. So like 49-55fps is the average framerate band. So my experience is towards the upper end of what Cyberpunk allows.

If I had any complaint at all it's that on Hard mode some of the enemies feel very bullet spongey in a Borderlands kinda way. But, if memory serves, in the opening segment of Fallout 4 with pipe weapons enemies were hard to kill too. So for now I'm chalking that up to 'my gear is shit'.

Do others feel this way about the game? Are the complaints from a vocal minority of people while the rest of us are just busy loving the experience?

Game wise Cyberpunk 2077 is: Fallout meets Borderlands (in some ways).
Inspiration wise Cyberpunk 2077 is: Ghost in the Shell meets Bladerunner meets Akira meets The Matrix meets Robocop.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm pretty sure you can upgrade it by putting point into agility or reflex

Have fun playing in 3rd person with no animations.
there are animations in the game though that can be used. that's kinda the whole idea of a MOD. they could take Jackie's animations for example and use them. shit they could even use GERALT'S walking/running animations from Witcher 3. the main problem is animations for guns/swords but like i just said these animations are in the game.

sure it won't be a great experience cause the game isn't designed to be in 3rd person but don't under estimate what modders can do. there will be a 3rd person mod at some point.

Last edited:

ne1butu

Played an hour on ps5, got to the bit where you have to go to bed. It’s good so far, but I know it can be so much better with a next gen patch.

They need to let us know the timeframe of these patches, I’m tempted now just to wait for it. Want to have my first experience of this game to be the best it can be.

zwiggelbig

played 8 hours straight on PC today and most of yesterday. only had to reload my game once because of a quest tracking bug.
i got a 1050ti in my pc, it wil run horrible on my pc. I want a 3080 or 3070 but they are unavailable..

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Anyone else' HDR not able to he chosen? (PC) I'm playing on a KS8000 which is defo HDR compatible.

The option for it is grayed out/not able to be chosen 🙃

DeaDPo0L84

If you've gone female (and boobs are only available as female I believe) then yes you'll be able to.

This is extremely disappointing and I wish I hadn't read it 😭

I'm not normally a spoiler police but please ANY potential spoilers tag them.

Last edited:

John2290

I've also seen PC players who have near doable the power of a the mid gen upgrades with 20 series card, i7s and above have as bad a time as base console users. Right now, the mid gen consoles are fairly decent comparing them between the base console and the 1% with 2080ti and above with good builds around them. From where I'm standing it's somewhere in the middle and that's saying something cause it's infuriating.

Listen, I realize the game is technically available on consoles, but it's a CDPR game. Meant for PC. If there was a Wii game I wanted and the PC port came out wonky I'd understand and give it some leeway. You all should consider doing the same or running down to MicroCenter.

This is getting to the point I wonder if it wouldn't be prudent to have a separate console OT.

saintjules

I played for several hours last night. I don't see the complaints so far. Yeah its a bit glitchy but it looks amazing and the city really has a super unique feel of being lived in, great scale & scope so far.

But I guess I have two advantages:

1. I was looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 but I only occasionally paid attention to the YT videos or marketing materials. Just enough to figure out 'what kind of game it would be'. I was basically expecting a more competent, 'cyberpunk' version of Fallout New Vegas (more or less). Essentially 'A Bethesda game but made by competent people'. So far I have not been disappointed whatsoever and am really getting sucked in.

2. I'm running this on a an EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 32GB of DDR4 RAM (3600Mhz), 800GB SSD NVME, and an OC'd Ryzen 1800X. Almost everything is set to top settings except I'm in DLSS perf mode @ 2k. So like 49-55fps is the average framerate band. So my experience is towards the upper end of what Cyberpunk allows.

If I had any complaint at all it's that on Hard mode some of the enemies feel very bullet spongey in a Borderlands kinda way. But, if memory serves, in the opening segment of Fallout 4 with pipe weapons enemies were hard to kill too. So for now I'm chalking that up to 'my gear is shit'.

Do others feel this way about the game? Are the complaints from a vocal minority of people while the rest of us are just busy loving the experience?

Inspiratoin wise Cyberpunk 2077 is: Ghost in the Shell meets Bladerunner meets Akira meets The Matrix meets Robocop.

The complaints are mainly coming from Console Gamers, specifically from base models. On PC, while it still has some issues, it looks wondrous and at times I felt like I should have just bought it for that platform.

I mean look at Digital Foundry's assessment of the game running on the base PS4/Pro. It's not good by any stretch of the imagination. I bought a copy on Xbox for my Series X. One digitally because my Amazon order was delayed.

You can watch the whole thing, but here's a timestamp (12:38-13:32):

I'd hate to finish the game with the state that it's in on the newer Consoles because for someone like myself, I generally don't go back to games for a second time all that much. This one maybe because of different lifepath options. I just don't want to be robbed of the experience that's clearly there plagued with bugs and poor resolution outputs.

I may shoot for the PC version, but not sure if my hardware will handle it. 2060 super for starters with Ryzen 5 3600 installed.

Last edited:

John2290

Listen, I realize the game is technically available on consoles, but it's a CDPR game. Meant for PC. If there was a Wii game I wanted and the PC port came out wonky I'd understand and give it some leeway. You all should consider doing the same or running down to MicroCenter.

This is getting to the point I wonder if it wouldn't be prudent to have a separate console OT.
Read my comment to the user above and if you don't believe me go look at youtube and search 20 series builds with this game and see them having to settle for low at 20 fps or less. Yeah, the 2080 will run it at medium but got less than that it's a gamble.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i got a 1050ti in my pc, it wil run horrible on my pc. I want a 3080 or 3070 but they are unavailable..
what are the rest of your specs + display resolution?

you don't need a 3080 or 3070 to enjoy the game. for the best experience you do need an RTX card (for DLSS). however i do understand not many people will want to buy last gen tech. if you really wnat a 3000 series card you're just gonna need to wait.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Read my comment to the user above and if you don't believe me go look at youtube and search 20 series builds with this game and see them having to settle for low at 20 fps or less. Yeah, the 2080 will run it at medium but got less than that it's a gamble.
um i have a 2080 and i'm definitely not running at medium lol. i'm on High. getting 55fps+ at 1440p w/DLSS on Auto.

zkorejo

Driving is much better on controller but shooting is shitty as hell.

Shooting feels so much better on keyboard mouse but not when driving.

Idk how to play. I tried messing with controller settings to fix the shooting but it's not as good as it should be.

Dorohedoro

Finally got that 45 gb patch downloaded, something of that size takes fucking hours to download on my shitty internet. It's basically the size of some entire games, wtf. Fixing to dive in. A lot of people are railing against this game on base consoles which is very concerning. But I might have a special tolerance for shitty performance/bugs/jank/the works. I played Fallout 3 unpatched for ages and New Vegas for a while too. The first time I connected my Xbox 360 to the internet was the Summer of 2011 and I got it in 2007 so I went years without patching anything. Although occasionally a new game would seem to trigger one, idk what was up with that. Anyway, this game can't be worse than the unpatched versions of 3/NV on base PS4. No way. They better crack that whip and be rolling out patches for us base console peasants fast if it is, for pete's sake.

Last edited:

zkorejo

You can always use both. Just switch to controller when entering the car. (?)
I tried that but then decided to play on my couch with controller. Long session of gaming on chair fucks up my neck and shoulders.

Anyone else' HDR not able to he chosen? (PC) I'm playing on a KS8000 which is defo HDR compatible.

The option for it is grayed out/not able to be chosen 🙃
Yes same here. Can't figure out why. I figured maybe because of my gpu limits or something.

IMO its the last two Deus Ex games meets The Witcher 3 meets Borderlands. There's not enough raw world interactivity for it to be a bethesda game.

I think this will be viewed like GTA V, the last great game of the ending console generation and the first great game of the new one.

Last edited by a moderator:

You are correct.

The game is absolutely amazing if you play it on high-end pc with one of DLSS supporting gpus.

But the state of basic console version is extremly bad.

They probably should have delayed console versions few months and release just on PC but then they have marketing contract with Microsoft so they probably had to hit consoles day 1 too for legal reasons.

Just because they own a PC doesn't mean they know how to use it. I'm getting by swimmingly on an i5 and 1070Ti.

Luipadre

Im so mad that i have to wait for the proper nextgen version. I played 3 hours but i aint playing this gimped ass console version without the update. So jealous of PC users :(

I tried that but then decided to play on my couch with controller. Long session of gaming on chair fucks up my neck and shoulders.
Got you. I play on couch with keyboard and mouse combo. I actually don't mind how driving feels on a keyboard. And speaking of driving, I love the driving model in this game. You can really feel the weight of these cars. It reminds me of GTA IV. Many people didn't like it, I personally think it's the best in this type of game.

Okay, going back to the game. See you later, Choombas!

Last edited:

DZ_b_EZ

I remember hearing somewhere that the game has some romance / sex options. Anyone know for sure?

If so, I really hope Jackie is an option in some fashion for female V. I'll even duel Misty for him. He's a big, cuddly badass.

If you really want to know, I have the strategy guide. Unfortunately.....

Panam (woman): Relationship only with Male Body Type V
Kerry (man): Only with Masculine Voice and Body Type V
Judy (woman): Relationship only with Feminine Voice and Body Type V
River (man): Relationship only with Female Body Type V

zkorejo

Got you. I play on couch with keyboard and mouse combo. I actually don't mind how driving feels on a keyboard. And speaking of driving, I love the driving model in this game. You can really feel the weight of these cars. It reminds me of GTA IV. Many people didn't like it, I personally think it's the best in this type of game.

Okay, going back to the game. See you later, Choombas!

On keyboard and mouse it just doesn't feel right, controller is best for driving in games imo. Yes the weight of cars is great. It is more gta iv than V in that aspect I agree. Yesterday I managed to do some drifting. It's hard to do so but when you do a perfect drift it is very satisfying.

I have yet to see that quadro car in the game. I got some junky old muscle car that feels like a tank. I guess that's because I went with nomad.

Mossybrew

Really enjoyed my first night playing - on PS4 Pro and I really have no technical complaints other than some noticeably low-res textures at times, but then I'm a filthy casual and pretty forgiving of technical issues if I'm enjoying the game itself. This game environment really is incredible, I'm just constantly stopping to look around at everything, and there seems like an almost overwhelming amount of potential stuff to do once you get going in the city. So far I'm really impressed with the voice acting too. Looking forward to jumping back on after work.

Dorohedoro

First criticism. They don't have that female V from the 2018 gameplay as a preset? Lame. I guess you could just create someone that's very similar but it's not the same thing, bummer...

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Since I have a 1080Ti, and have to make the game ugly and blurry to be able to run it at 60fps at 1440p, I decided to max it out and play at 30fps instead, no ragrets.

g8eChng.jpg

xCtdKLS.jpg

GJBcLd0.jpg
wait, what do you mean blurry? i get making it ugly by turning down settings but what setting makes it blurry with ray tracing off?

i have a 2080 which is basically equivalent to a 1080 ti without ray tracing, and i was hoping to run it at 1440p with medium RT settings.

BEATORICHEEEEEE

Neo Member
wait, what do you mean blurry? i get making it ugly by turning down settings but what setting makes it blurry with ray tracing off?

i have a 2080 which is basically equivalent to a 1080 ti without ray tracing, and i was hoping to run it at 1440p with medium RT settings.

I have to use resolution scaling to get a steady 60fps, which makes the game super blurry.

No DLSS for the 1080Ti. :p

SlimySnake

I have to use resolution scaling to get a steady 60fps, which makes the game super blurry.

No DLSS for the 1080Ti. :p
how does it play at 30 fps? for whatever reason, console 30 fps games feel a lot more smoother than pc 30 fps games. i wonder if its all in my head but i can never play pc games at 30.

draliko

how does it play at 30 fps? for whatever reason, console 30 fps games feel a lot more smoother than pc 30 fps games. i wonder if its all in my head but i can never play pc games at 30.
i often have the same sensation, usually because a game born to be 30fps on console has better motion blur (it helps a lot if wel made), while on pc it's not the same. On ps5 for example DeS is a game primarily made with a 60fps target, in fact if you play it in quality mode it's some of the worst 30fps i've seen in a while

Zathalus

Controller vs M/K? I feel the impact of lower FPS more readily on a mouse than I do on a keyboard.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

i often have the same sensation, usually because a game born to be 30fps on console has better motion blur (it helps a lot if wel made), while on pc it's not the same. On ps5 for example DeS is a game primarily made with a 60fps target, in fact if you play it in quality mode it's some of the worst 30fps i've seen in a while
yeah, i was just talking about that in the demon souls OT. you are probably on the money about motion blur. horizon and gow for instance feel super smooth at 30 fps. demon souls is like a slideshow.

Controller vs M/K? I feel the impact of lower FPS more readily on a mouse than I do on a keyboard.
i play with controllers on pc and it still doesnt feel smooth.

but yes, going from 60 to 120 fps for instance makes you feel the impact of that higher framerate far more when you are using KBM. with controllers, its only slightly noticeable.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
definitely doesn't feel good at 30fps with kb/m. if anyone is playing at 30fps on PC ideally do it with motion blur up full and use a controller.

cdpr have greatly improved their engine. witcher 3 at 30fps was not fun on PC. it's somewhat enjoyable for Cyberpunk.

Last edited:

sobaka770

Banned
You’re holding out so your character can grab a haircut? It’s a first person game. You see your character every blue moon. The hell you or anyone cares how short or long their hair gets? 😂🤣😂

You also see your character in mirror and all the time in inventory screen.

However my bigger point is that just like with Witcher 3, there will be an intense patching period early on and right now there's quite a bit of jank in this awesome game. I've done 10 hours, I got my early fix and I like it very much but I want to get a polished experience from now on because I don't tend to replay games a hundred times so one clean run beats any FOMO for a single-player game.
I also still have a lot of AC Valhalla to go through and that game is in a good spot right now in terms of performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom