• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow such a lifeless city, barely any npcs or cars on the street, amirite?

yfIcBBS.jpg

7LqCrat.jpg

IyLyVrF.jpg

Seriously though, this ain't gta, I remember people being very butthurt when they saw first trailers and were all like - "this is not an RPG! This is just GTA with mohawks!", now that it turns out CDPR had other priorities like actual quests, characters, fun shooting and all, and it's not GTA at all, everyone is up in arms that your cyber-Roaches tires do not shrink in water. All this shit in GTA and RDR is just window dressing, same as here. Still, illusion holds pretty well in Cyberpunk, so they get no complaints from me, enjoy it for what it is, people.

It doesn't need to be GTA lol. It needs be any other modern AAA game. It's nice to look at but when you actually try to interact or anaylse anything, the paint completely wears off and the true colours are shown.

These are standard systems and the implementation is abysmal. Some of the worst i've ever seen in years.

It's supposed to be an immersive RPG set in a world where your appearence is everything and you can't even do something basic like change your hairstyle.

Last edited:
Patch 1.03 is now online on all platforms

According to CD Projekt Red, this latest patch features the following fixes:

• Added performance and stability improvements.
  • Optimized performance to improve framerates for RTX GPUs.
  • Fixed sporadic crashes on PS4 and Xbox One/S.
  • Fixed crashing problems.
  • Addressed issues related to FPS drop.
  • Addressed texture related issues.
  • Fixed game loading issues.
  • Added performance fixes.
  • Other under the hood fixes.

On All platforms?? Not even close. Doesn't prompt me to any updates launching CyberPunk on S|X

Is there a way to lock the camera orientation to that of your vehicle, like in your average GTA? Driving around the city and it's driving me up the wall that I have to constantly babysit the camera.

Cob32

Anyone playing on base PS4 with 1.04? Poster in another thread said it made ‘all the difference’. I’m skeptical but how is it running now?

T-STAFF19

Neo Member
I think people on this forum maybe expected too much from this game. CDPR promised a deep rpg with an interesting, dynamic story based on your actions/choices. Seems to me that they delivered on that end without question. I understand the frustration with bugs, npc interactions, and the graphics on console. Comparing this to a Rockstar game is fine in some ways but not in all. GTAV and RDR2 are open world action games with an insane level of detail, but they are most definitely not RPGs with the level of character development freedom present here.

Anyone seen Black Chamber Black Chamber ? I expected him to be a staple in this thread.
Everyone’s curious to see what Black Chamber Black Chamber think’s of the game, but he’s keeping us in the dark, ey? ;)
Sorry - I've been busy playing Cyberpunk 2077 and working lol!

I absolutely adore this game - it is everything I hoped it would be and then some.

I'll give my full impressions of it when I've beaten it🤘

Moogle11

Banned
I’m a bit over 8 hours in on XSX and having a blast with it now that I’ve fully gotten into the game. Solid gameplay and really liking the characters and city. Graphically it’s nice show case game right now, but looks pretty solid in quality mode, with the graphics filters off and some tweaks to HDR settings.

I’ve not had any crashes, but did have two times I had to reload saves. One time I had a text box stuck in screen that wouldn’t go away and another spot the game didn’t trigger something that was supposed to happen after killing all enemies so I had to reload and kill them again. Only graphical glitch I’ve seen so far is Jackie disappeared in one scene. He was talking, opened a case etc but invisible. Popped back in when scene ended and was back in gameplay. Haven’t ran into any T posing characters etc yet

One of the most amazing things about this game is insane quality of the main npcs and how totally organic they act and behave within the world. That scene where you're introduced to the braindance and you're having a three-way conversation with Judy and Evelyn - that shit is absolutely incredible. It really feels like a leap forward. You can pick up every nuance of what they're saying or thinking.

I wasn't sure about the whole 'staying in first person' thing and not having third-person conversation scenes where you can see your character but I totally get it now. This is better.

It doesn't need to be GTA lol. It needs be any other modern AAA game. It's nice to look at but when you actually try to interact or anaylse anything, the paint completely wears off and the true colours are shown.

These are standard systems and the implementation is abysmal. Some of the worst i've ever seen in years.

It's supposed to be an immersive RPG set in a world where your appearence is everything and you can't even do something basic like change your hairstyle.

What's so abysmal? Which systems? Explain what you're so upset about.

The list of things being posted on reddit is nitpicky af, and most of it can be/will be fixed.

There are definitely things to complain about. The cut content in particular, but I'm not worried because a lot of features will be added eventually, just like W3.

There are also many, many things this game does right, but some people here are strictly focusing on the negative for some reason.

I’m a bit over 8 hours in on XSX and having a blast with it now that I’ve fully gotten into the game. Solid gameplay and really liking the characters and city. Graphically it’s nice show case game right now, but looks pretty solid in quality mode, with the graphics filters off and some tweaks to HDR settings.

I’ve not had any crashes, but did have two times I had to reload saves. One time I had a text box stuck in screen that wouldn’t go away and another spot the game didn’t trigger something that was supposed to happen after killing all enemies so I had to reload and kill them again. Only graphical glitch I’ve seen so far is Jackie disappeared in one scene. He was talking, opened a case etc but invisible. Popped back in when scene ended and was back in gameplay. Haven’t ran into any T posing characters etc yet

It’s got a bug (at least on XSX), where if you have subtitles turned off and you load into a scene with dialogue, the first line will be subtitled and will stick on screen till you either load another scene or toggle the subtitles on and off in the settings.

Last edited:
What's so abysmal? Which systems? Explain what you're so upset about.

The list of things being posted on reddit is nitpicky af, and most of it can be/will be fixed.

There are definitely things to complain about. The cut content in particular, but I'm not worried because a lot of features will be added eventually, just like W3.

There are also many, many things this game does right, but some people here are strictly focusing on the negative for some reason.

The police system is a joke

The AI is a joke

Customisation is a joke. No plastic surgery. No barber shops. There's barely any visual cybernetics.

The loot system. They didn't learn from Witcher 3. In fact this is in even worse.

The interactivity of the world. They touted this is an immersive RPG. You can't talk to anyone besides quest givers. You can't interact with anyone in the world.

The game is scripted galore. Even the fucking traffic lights are scripted to go green when you're close enough to them.

T-STAFF19

Neo Member

The AI is a joke

Customisation is a joke. No plastic surgery. No barber shops. There's barely any visual cybernetics.

The loot system. They didn't learn from Witcher 3. In fact this is in even worse.

The interactivity of the world. They touted this is an immersive RPG. You can't talk to anyone besides quest givers. You can't interact with anyone in the world.

The game is scripted galore. Even the fucking traffic lights are scripted to go green when you're close enough to them.

Who broke your heart? It is a video game brother, enjoy it or don't. Also, don't pre order games.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

you can't change your hairstyle in a first person game. 0/10 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The AI is a joke

The more you talk about the game, the more you revealed you haven't actually played it.

you can't change your hairstyle in a first person game. 0/10 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The more you talk about the game, the more you revealed you haven't actually played it.

I don't even think you've played it. Everything i've said is correct. There are videos that show just how trash this games AI and systems are.

Go back to playing your game little white knight

The UI and loot in this game is such garbage. So much nonsense on the screen and the UI design is awful, you went with style over actual practicality

That's not true. The game has unique interactable npcs. There's a character played by a Youtuber you run into early on ranting about the end of the world. You can chat to him, let him rant, other npcs start interacting with him, all with unique animations. Are people even playing this game?

That's not true. The game has unique interactable npcs. There's a character played by a Youtuber you run into early on ranting about the end of the world. You can chat to him, let him rant, other npcs start interacting with him, all with unique animations. Are people even playing this game?

Where's this? Because so far everyone I try to interact with either

A) doesn't respond

B) Tells me to fuck off

Edit - Actually there was one guy who was just constantly preaching on the streets who decided to talk to me. But after that fuck all from anyone else

Last edited:

bxrz

Nah sorry, NPCs AI is almost non existent, NPCs driving is brain dead stupid, NPCs are just a background, most of them is just there stand doing nothing, you try to talk them and they say the same one line, the ones walking is brain dead AI with no reaction or interaction with the world around it or the played. (there is a easy site to host videos and share here?)
Everyone vanish when you are driving, looks like a dead city.
Sidequest is mediocre, AC tier, go to point A and kill that guy, go there pick this chip, got there and hack this shit, go there neutralize this guy, its no The Witcher 3 tier with interesting NPCs and twists and lore.Lets not even talk about stupid jobs to police and others filler trash. Prey side quests shits on this game easy.
Police teleports where you are instantly, you kill someone in the middle of nowhere and the police appear instantly but as soon as you are out of their sight they just forget you, just go around the block and they lose sight of you.
Dialogue options the vast majority are only between "extending" the conversation (the blue) and one to "end/proceed " the conversation (the yellow), when there are several yellow ones, most are superficial because it obtains the same result, different only in the behavior of the V.
Character creation is shallow as hell, they thing they did great because you can chose your genitalia, but the amount of options is low, at best 20~ , some has less than 10 options and you can't fine tuning .
Main missions has extremely linear progression.
Gunplay is mediocre at best.
Where's the promised verticality?
You are playing on a toaster of a console. I'm on the Series X and I only agree with like 1 thing you said

The AI is a joke

This is a deep, story-driven RPG from the makers of The Witcher; not GTA, and that's exactly what we got. Can't buy FIFA and expect to be playing basketball.

Not having barbershops, or a plastic surgeon really is a major oversight. As well as not being able to rebind keys. Like wtf? I guarantee you that all these things are coming down the line. They clearly rushed it because they didn't want another beating from the public about yet another delay.

With that said, there is plenty to love about the game in its current form. The important things, what CDPR is known for, are all there.

As a fan of TW3 and the experience it brings, I'm more than satisfied with what I'm playing.

This is a deep, story-driven RPG from the makers of The Witcher; not GTA, and that's exactly what we got. Can't buy FIFA and expect to be playing basketball.

Not having barbershops, or a plastic surgeon really is a major oversight. As well as not being able to rebind keys. Like wtf? I guarantee you that all these things are coming down the line. They clearly rushed it because they didn't want another beating from the public about yet another delay.

With that said, there is plenty to love about the game in its current form. The important things, what CDPR is known for, are all there.

As a fan of TW3 and the experience it brings, I'm more than satisfied with what I'm playing.

The issue is they should have never talked about the game until this year. I would have had no issues if they marketed this as just a linear single player story driven game, because that's what it's good at

It's not a good sim. It's not a good RPG, and it's not a good open world game. Even the boxart doesn't say its an RPG. They clearly scrapped that idea, or managment just didn't give them the time to make this into an RPG

Last edited:
You are playing on a toaster of a console. I'm on the Series X and I only agree with like 1 thing you said
Funny, you are playing the prettier toaster version.
Go to youtube and it has a lot of videos highlighting those flaws, from xbox to high end PC, its not about graphics and fps, this shit is part of core game.
But yeah, lets deny.

Last edited:
The issue is they should have never talked about the game until this year. I would have had no issues if they marketed this as just a linear single player story driven game, because that's what it's good at

It's not a good sim. It's not a good RPG, and it's not a good open world game.

Well I highly disagree with all of these. It's not GTA or Saints Row, though. That I can agree with. It's not a good GTA game. Thank fuck for that.

DuckZilla

Neo Member
Got the game refunded on XSX this morning even though I played about 7 hours yesterday and did enjoy most of it.

I'll wait for the proper next-gen update and let the dust settle down and see if it's worth picking up again. I could already see the world interaction limitations as well as the well discussed dumb AI, NPC behaviors.

Also, who decided it was a good idea to have Red fonts on a dark background. Makes everything in the menu really hard to read. I wish there was a way to change the menu colors.

Go to youtube and it has a lot of videos highlighting those flaws, from xbox to high end PC, its not about graphics and fps, this shit is part of core game.
But yeah, lets deny.

Why would we need to go to YouTube when we're playing it and posting incredible screenshots of our own?

MadAnon

So all the fanboys have gone from "This will make GTA, RDR2 world look pedestrian" to "It wasn't even CDPR's goal to make an immerssive open world" or "Stop hating". The open world is legit joke. Traffic is on the level of Farming Simulator. World NPC's have almost no reactions to shit happening around. Some very basic ducking in the open or running away only to vanish few meters away from you. Cops are braindead. This is legit worse than Vice City. It's awful once you stray away from your scripted quests.

Last edited:
They said NPCs will have daily routines and they don't. Fucking Gothic was doing this 20 years ago, and so did CDPR's previous games.
The police spawn system and vehicle rails are blowing my mind.
I was not expecting this to have a more constrained world than Mafia.
The missions are good though (ignoring the scripted chases where vehicles blow up without me even shooting them).
Somehow I don't think all this fake bullshit can be replaced with working systems in the inevitable enhanced edition...

Well I highly disagree with all of these. It's not GTA or Saints Row, though. That I can agree with. It's not a good GTA game. Thank fuck for that.

I don't think it should have been GTA. I just think there are glaring core systems that should be better. It just so happens even Rockstar has these systems in their games too and it sticks out like a sore thumb at how much worse this is.

My main beef with the game is the RPG and sim aspect. There should be ways for you to go downtime. There should be more ways to immersive yourself and learn more about the world of Cyberpunk rather than just reading from datapads. I.e walking into a bar and getting information from bartenders. Simple things like that. The world just feels like an painting.

And then there's V. Witcher 3 you could forgive because Geralt was a pre-defined character. I can't be the only one that was led to believe we'd have more ways to build V's persona? Lifepaths is also another example of an idea they had but clearly no time to flesh out. They're 20 minutes long and all they do is give you a lifepath diologue option every now and then that's just irrelevent.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
They said NPCs will have daily routines and they don't. Fucking Gothic was doing this 20 years ago, and so did CDPR's previous games.
The police spawn system and vehicle rails are blowing my mind.
I was not expecting this to have a more constrained world than Mafia.
The missions are good though (ignoring the scripted chases where vehicles blow up without me even shooting them).
Somehow I don't think all this fake bullshit can be replaced with working systems in the inevitable enhanced edition...

No one is saying there isn't lots of room for improvement. Some of the AI systems in the open world are definitely lacking. There are way too many bugs, and this is coming from someone who was expecting bugs and wasn't too bothered. Some of the controls are M+K unfriendly, which is crazy for a PC focused game. More customisation options for people who like that stuff.

But come on, at some point down the line - post-DLC and bug fixes and gameplay refinements - you can't tell me this game isn't going to be up there with the greats. It kind of already is. Almost nothing out there has this level of ambition.

Last edited:

John2290

My experience with 1.04 on PS4 after two hours, for anyone hesitant, updated from 1.02 which I played from launch to 13 hours.

Runs better and it's as stable again as the first 5 hours. I can drive my car now even at high speeds and while the world will still fall apart it doesn't require a restart to get it back, things load back in the instant I hit the breaks. I can fast travel now without fear of it freeing. I've had a few, maybe a handful of slight frame hitches which is about the same as before but the difference being they don't last or get worse, they iron out. Basically, I don't need to restart the console, even after an instense fire fight.

It looks better: Not a mircle patch but things and textures load much faster and things look sharper, there is less of that kind of Dreams fluffiness around the edges of textures and definitely a lot less on the textures themselve, the road is the biggest difference, it doesn't look flat anymore, has way more texture to it and reflects I might be mistaken or didn't notice them before put the puddles are reflecting at night now, almost sure that wasn't the case I remember thinking the rain is only for show. I also have my console turned back onto 2160p in the PRO settings and that's huge cause it when things do load in, your walking or just panning the camera to actively look at the scenery and it's all solid and smooth the ceiling for the resolution is noticably higher but it still make little difference if you're running, in a fight or other intensities like driving the car, the latter being the only case you'll notice it cause you're actually looking at the scenery.

The fans: They're more consistent and smooth and they don't reach the roaring chainsaw levels even in intense situations. About the same as the "fix" of changing the PRO settings to 1080p.

Crowds: They're's less people now and I think less traffic but I can't be sure of the later.

Haven't noticed much else but this is just enough, enough to make the game playable again. Having it stable is not something i should be praising or excited about but I am. The game is still buggy and visually all over the place when doing things but this is a start and a gigantic leap over the OG PS4.

One thing I'd like to see is an auto drive mode like from watch dogs, with differing levels of speed. I'd much prefer to get around like that and I'm sure they could make things more stable with a mode like that, at the very least I wouldn't have to be panning the camera all around and seeing the janky world.

Last edited:

John2290

Also, I've got over 15 hours on the in game timer and haven't met Keanu yet... Amn't I supposed to have finished the game by now? Journo's should be forced to play RPG's on the hardest difficulty for them to be exposed to all systems and mechanics or at least near the hardest and give warning if they rushed, took a moderate pace or played laid back like a normal gamer would. I was getting into the game just before I updated to 1.04 but I'm really into it now, fucking love it, it's fantastic and it's got me well hooked. Love reading all the messages still, it really pays off to read them plus these easter eggs, "No life video game series" lmao. Nice touches.

EDIT: 90 minutes of that time was me testing the performance in idol and about an hour AFK but still, I'm fairly close to "the end of the game" yet I haven't met one of the main characters.

Last edited:
So all the fanboys have gone from "This will make GTA, RDR2 world look pedestrian" are now telling "It wasn't even CDPR's goal to make an immerssive open world" or "Stop hating". The open world is legit joke. Traffic is on the level of Farming Simulator. World NPC's have almost no reactions to shit happening around. Some very basic ducking in the open or running away only to vanish few meters away from you. Cops are braindead. This is legit worse than Vice City. It's awful once you stray away from your scripted quests.
They way they all hunch up and just sway from side to side is absolutely laughable. GTA had crowds that would run away, scream, sometimes attack you....cops that actually drove up rather than materialising out of thin air! And this was twenty fucking years ago on hardware from the Ark.

It's some of the worst AI I've ever seen. Not really even fair to describe it as such. CDPR have just committed one of the biggest white collar deceptions for years and made serious coin from it. 😂

bxrz

But yeah, lets deny.
My version isn't a toaster. I've ran into 1 bug that I can think of so far and I have been playing for 10+ hours. Can't say the same about hardware that came out when Lebron was on the Heat lol

THEAP99

Banned
They way they all hunch up and just sway from side to side is absolutely laughable. GTA had crowds that would run away, scream, sometimes attack you....cops that actually drove up rather than materialising out of thin air! And this was twenty fucking years ago on hardware from the Ark.

It's some of the worst AI I've ever seen. Not really even fair to describe it as such. CDPR have just committed one of the biggest white collar deceptions for years and made serious coin from it. 😂
When I went to bed my video all captured on ps5 had 250 views. Now it's up to 2k.
People are waking up.

"Enter the massive open world of Night City, a place that sets new standards in terms of visuals, complexity and depth."

Night City is as deep as a puddle and
take away all the technical issues, all the bugs and glitches in #Cyberbug2077 and it's still a sad excuse for an open world game.

- cops do not chase you
- NPCs are braindead
- open world has nothing of substance to do that isn't marked on the map
- no actual AI driving

I don't think it should have been GTA. I just think there are glaring core systems that should be better. It just so happens even Rockstar has these systems in their games too and it sticks out like a sore thumb at how much worse this is.

My main beef with the game is the RPG and sim aspect. There should be ways for you to go downtime. There should be more ways to immersive yourself and learn more about the world of Cyberpunk rather than just reading from datapads. I.e walking into a bar and getting information from bartenders. Simple things like that. The world just feels like an painting.

And then there's V. Witcher 3 you could forgive because Geralt was a pre-defined character. I can't be the only one that was led to believe we'd have more ways to build V. Lifepaths is also another example of an idea they had but had no time to flesh out. They're 20 minutes long all they do is give you a lifepath diologue option every now and then that's just irrelevent.

What systems are you talking about?

Interaction from bartenders...OK, this isn't that big of a deal. You have fixers to give you jobs and the game literally starts with you talking to a bartender. How much info are you expecting from random NPC's? Is that really that important to you?

The life path thing I absolutely agree with. I didn't care for it one bit.

John2290

Oh and does anyone know how to stop people from using Cyberware attack on you? I read about it in the menu somewhere or maybe in the trophies but I can't find it anywhere now...

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Also, I'm 15 hours in and haven't met Keanu yet... Amn't I supposed to have finished the game by now? Journo's should be forced to play RPG's on the hardest difficulty for them to be exposed to all systems and mechanics or at least near the hardest and give warning if they rushed, took a moderate pace or played laid back like a normal gamer would. I was getting into the game just before I updated to 1.04 but I'm really into it now, fucking love it, it's fantastic and it's got me well hooked. Love reading all the messages still, it really pays off to read them plus these easter eggs, "No life video game series" lmao. Nice touches.
I've just hit 40 hours and still have so much to do. It's fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom