• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty has sold 4.3 Million Units since launch

Draugoth

Gold Member
GACOcPzW0AAVe_a

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Reportedly around $80-85 million on production budget + marketing.

$30 * 0.7 * 4.3 million = $90.3 million
(not accounting for any price delta in international markets).

Not the greatest return, but more importantly it salvages CDPR's reputation. Will also drive sales of the base game. Can be considered a success I think.

Fabieter

I saw that my old save might course some heavy bugs and iam not in the mood for a restart. Will buy it once I feel like replaying it.

That's a pretty good attach ratio for an expansion considering it launched just a couple of months ago. There's also the Ultimate Edition releasing next week which should hopefully boost that number up as well.

Mozzarella

I expected the expansion to be good after i saw the trailer, i wasn't able to play it at the time, i just got to play it 2 weeks ago and finished it 3 days ago.
Fuck...The expansion exceeded my expectations!

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

Not the greatest return, but more importantly it salvages CDPR's reputation. Will also drive sales of the base game. Can be considered a success I think.

The DLC has only been out for two months and will keep selling for years. It's absolutely a success.

Dazraell

Well deserved, Phantom Liberty was amazing

And damn, 4 mln for something that is essentially a DLC / Expansion that is also digital only is really impressive

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
CDPR knocked it out of the park with this DLC like they always do. I enjoy the story more than the base games. Songbird and Reed are fantastic characters with great writing and the voice acting to match. Idris Elba earned his cheque for that one.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Yeah they've finally redeemed themselves. I'll probably get this in a year or two.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I can't wait to play it, but my backlog is so long by the time I'm ready to get to it, it'll probably be on sale. I just hate jumping back into games after such a long layoff and have to relearn all the nuances and controls again.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
One of the very few DLCs I've bought full price and played through, very very good. Just as good as the best parts of the base game, if not better.

I need to finish a few stragglers in my backlog namely Final Fantasy 16 and Resi 4 Seperate Ways before I dive into this fire of an expansion.

Metnut

I’m about 20% through it and it’s a blast. The 2.0 updates are wonderful. Love just wandering around the huge dense city and getting into trouble and doing any of the hundreds of missions.

Roni

Gold Member

If they hadn't promised to step away from the RED Engine in desperation during the base game's launch fallout they could put out a couple more DLC packs without Hollywood actors and that could net them a lot more in ROI.

I wouldn't be surprised if this game has long legs. Whomever buys a new GPU in the next 2 years will use this to test it.

Woggleman

One of the best DLCs I have played in years. If they can keep up this level of quality for the sequel they will have truly redeemed themselves.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I just posted in the Cyberpunk 2077 OT but over the Thanksgiving break I have just been devouring this game and it's amazing. Easily one of the best I've played in, I dunno, the last 10 years.

edit: I feel like, if anyone hasn't played this yet, the CP2077 Ultimate Edition that just came out is a must buy. it's one of the best games on PS5/XSX, maybe the best.

Last edited:

Crayon

I will be buying it as soon as I'm ready to replay the game. Already double dipped for pc on the base game and that was jumping the gun a bit. Nice benchmark, though.

TastyPastry

hope it's a financial success for them. it's a good game now even if it still has lots of flaws but what i really love is night city and the whole world cdpr and mike pondsmith have created. there is really nothing else like it on the market and i'm glad the sequel has already been announced.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I thought Cyberpunk2077 sold well over 20 million copies by now.

Wouldn't a 20% attach ratio put it at ~17.2 million?

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Man I started a fresh 2.0 game for this and then literally stopped as soon as Phantom began because of other releases and now its on the backlog. This year has just been insane.

Congrats to CDPR . It's been a long three years and the win is finally here.

Last edited:

NickFire

There's still lots more to be made off this I think. On PSN at least, there was no Black Friday sale on the DLC. You could get the game packaged with the dlc for a discount, but the dlc alone was full price. This should move some units when it starts getting included in sales by itself. That's when I'll jump in at least.

Hudo

A bit sad that "Cyberpunk Orion" won't use the RED Engine but Unreal Engine 5... but if it helps CD Projekt to get the game out.

geary

CDPR knocked it out of the park with this DLC like they always do. I enjoy the story more than the base games. Songbird and Reed are fantastic characters with great writing and the voice acting to much. Idris Elba earned his cheque for that one.
The actress that played Songbird should at least be nominated for best VA…i actually felt her emotions and turmoils. 11/10 for me.

And it was for first time in many yers where i felt bad for every decision i made…

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
The actress that played Songbird should at least be nominated for best VA…i actually felt her emotions and turmoils. 11/10 for me.

And it was for first time in many yers where i felt bad for every decision i made…
Yeah, I initially
sided with Reed and when she was begging me to kill inside the core, I genuinely felt the emotion. Then I reloaded another save and went the other route and when she admitted that she betrayed you before you send her to moon, I felt every bit as bad for her.
These moments were really crushing.

And this song was just the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Cyberpunk 2.0 with Phantom Liberty is simply the best RPG I've played I think...I'm still letting it sink in, but I actually think it's toppled ME1 and Baldur's Gate 2 for me.

Top Bottom