• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 reaches 25 million copies sold | Phantom Liberty sold 3 million in the first week

Draugoth

Gold Member

F7rmbY5aMAAxiOu

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Sales: 3 million copies sold by first week of launch

F7rnEwObgAAh2zM

68% of Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty sales were on PC:

F7roBwObcAAGre9

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Not if you played on old gen consoles. That was the worst gaming performance I ever experienced
They just couldn't resist that userbase that in the end cost them a lot more than it was worth it. We all knew it was bullshit that it could run on PS4/X1 when we saw the footage.

Flabagast

Good numbers, could have been so much more though had launch not been a clusterfuck.
Hard to understand console players are not buying the game more. This is one of the most next gen feeling games available imho.

I dont know the usual sales of a DLC but 3 millions in first week seems very high.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I enjoyed the hell out of this game (on PC) even on day 1. I did a second run with v1.5/RT Overdrive and it was even better.

Now I’m on my third run after patch 2.0 and it feels almost like a brand new game with all the overhauled gameplay mechanics + police AI improvements. Can’t wait to get back to it tonight. I haven’t even started the expansion content yet.

Best game of this generation so far + an amazing showcase for bleeding edge PC gaming. Success is well deserved.

hlm666

Was expecting a much bigger slice of the pie for consoles.
Why? after what namco said about elden ring and armored core having 40% of sales on pc and bobby fuktic testimony revealing pc being the largest none mobile platform for cod it's time we stop assuming pc sales are a fraction of console sales.

Mr Moose

Why? after what namco said about elden ring and armored core having 40% of sales on pc and bobby fuktic testimony revealing pc being the largest none mobile platform for cod it's time we stop assuming pc sales are a fraction of console sales.
He said what? When?

Gaiff

It's been known for a long time that the vast majority of CDPR's customers are on PC. TW3 had something like 60% of its sales on PC which is what I was expecting for Cyberpunk. 78% is a bit crazy.

Hugare

This makes me hopeful that PC will be the leading platform for the follow-up. As God intended.
They have to make it work on consoles, so the "leading platform" will always be the lowest common demoninator. Always.

Tho PC will probably have tons of exclusive features just like Cyberpunk has.

I'm glad for them. Currently replaying the game now with the 2.0 patch + expansion and its amazing.

Played it on launch date on the PS4, and despite it being a mess, it was a diamond in the rough. And now you can clearly see how brilliant the game is. Enjoyed it from the get go, but now its an amazing experience, very polished.

Still has tons of untaped potential, but the game has tons of heart in it. Its way more than the sum of its parts.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
They have to make it work on consoles, so the "leading platform" will always be the lowest common demoninator. Always.

Tho PC will probably have tons of exclusive features just like Cyberpunk has.

I'm glad for them. Currently replaying the game now with the 2.0 patch + expansion and its amazing.

Played it on launch date on the PS4, and despite it being a mess, it was a diamond in the rough. And now you can clearly see how brilliant the game is. Enjoyed it from the get go, but now its an amazing experience, very polished.

Still has tons of untaped potential, but the game has tons of heart in it. Its way more than the sum of its parts.

I'm not sure if you played One X / PS4 version and PC version (in my case with 3080) on release at the same time. I did. Console version felt like a demake. That's what I mean by PC being the leading platform. It clearly was.

Game was always very good, now it's seriously great.

Last edited:

Gaiff

Great.
Now report on the number of refunds requested after the first month.
Bigger question is how many copies were sold for peanuts. I saw this game as low as $10 on PC shortly after the utterly disastrous launch.

Spyxos

Gold Member

F7rmbY5aMAAxiOu

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Sales: 3 million copies sold by first week of launch

F7rnEwObgAAh2zM

68% of Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty sales were on PC:

F7roBwObcAAGre9

Gog is also Pc. It should be then be 78% on pc. Which sounds kind of implausible. Well i have it on ps5 and pc. Great addon.

hlm666

He said what? When?
His deposition he said mobile was biggest, pc was about 24%, ps 16% xbox 8%.

It's been known for a long time that the vast majority of CDPR's customers are on PC. TW3 had something like 60% of its sales on PC which is what I was expecting for Cyberpunk. 78% is a bit crazy.
It's 68, that gog 10% is part of the 68% slice.

Last edited:

Certinty

Really enjoyed both the main game and Phantom Liberty but just a shame the game released in the state it did. Even now, i've come across a game breaking bug in Phantom Liberty which is crazy.

Schmick

I can get a copy of the game for less than £25 but its for the GOG version. Is there any downside with that? i.e. would I be missing out on any mods (if there are any) if I opted for the GOG version rather than the steam version?

Hugare

I'm not sure if you played One X / PS4 version and PC version (in my case with 3080) on release at the same time. I did. Console version felt like a demake. That's what I mean by PC being the leading platform. It clearly was.

Game was always very good, now it's seriously great.
Sure, I played them on release, PS4 and PC

Still dont agree with you calling PC the "leading platform". The game ran like shit on consoles, but they've dictated how much geometry, models and etc. CDPR should put in the environment, for example. They made the game while thinking about the consoles limitations.

An example: Phantom Liberty. It's much more taxing on the hardware 'cause they've designed it around the new consoles instead of old gen consoles. Not PC.

This is not a Crysis situation where they design the game around PC hardware, and years later we see a console version 'cause they are finally powerful enough to run it

Gaiff

I can get a copy of the game for less than £25 but its for the GOG version. Is there any downside with that? i.e. would I be missing out on any mods (if there are any) if I opted for the GOG version rather than the steam version?
No. Mods work just as well on GOG as on Steam.

ZeroGravity

What? Deserved since 2.0 at best.

Day one was a horrible mess of a lie, and CDPR lost a lot of trust.
Yeah, it's kind of hilarious the memory blockers people have put on in the last three years. Like it wasn't just last gen consoles, they literally had to issue an apology because of a bug that corrupted your PC save if you were holding too many items. The game was rushed as fuck regardless of where you played.

Gaiff

Sure, I played them on release, PS4 and PC

Still dont agree with you calling PC the "leading platform". The game ran like shit on consoles, but they've dictated how much geometry, models and etc. CDPR should put in the environment, for example. They made the game while thinking about the consoles limitations.

An example: Phantom Liberty. It's much more taxing on the hardware 'cause they've designed it around the new consoles instead of old gen consoles. Not PC.

This is not a Crysis situation where they design the game around PC hardware, and years later we see a console version 'cause they are finally powerful enough to run it
I mean, did they make the game while thinking of console limitations? It sounds like they made the game on PC, thinking of lower specs machines, and then worked on the console versions and made cutbacks from the low-spec PC version. And it's funny that you mention Crysis because the console port ran about as horribly as Cyberpunk did initially on last-gen consoles with horrible stalls and temporary drops to 0fps.

Top Bottom