• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Review Thread

Should we lock this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 196 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 628 76.2%

• Total voters

Roufianos

Problem with journalists is they just think they're infallible.

There's just no professional standards whatsoever. Anyone with a consumer facing roll comes in for criticism but these lot just always brush it off as some form of agenda and start swearing at / abusing people.

I think 99.9% of professionals wouldn't even dream of sending out the kind of tweets that the likes of Altano and O'Brien have to The Quartering.

They have no interest in producing content for their audience's interest and it's all about them and their woke agenda.

Funny that idiot at GS wants to play the victim because of her sex but let's be honest, the only reason an incompetent fool like that doesn't get fired is because she's a woman.

ethomaz

Banned
Interesting how every review overlooked that the game is unfinished for a launch and gave scores like it is a playable experience lol

I’m not sure what “journos” were thinking hiding that “small” matter on the game.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Interesting how every review overlooked his the game is unfinished for a launch and gave scores like it is a playable experience lol

I’m not sure what “journos” were thinking hiding that “small” matter on the game.
True, Days Gone got battered for it's glitches etc. with many of them being featured prominently in reviews. I just wish games were treated with a more even hand.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Interesting how every review overlooked that the game is unfinished for a launch and gave scores like it is a playable experience lol

Called this. Fear of:

blacklisted-copy.jpg

Hugare

In new Vegas' case, can't load a save state when the game corrupts all your saves, nice try, thankfully I didn't get the Fallout 4 elevator one when I palyed it at launch. In Witcher 3's case I reload my last 3 auto saves and Eredin's AI was bugged in all 3 so I wasn't going back further so I just saved the proper final until replaying when DLC released, rest were a few that broke a few side quests, thankfully none of the major story tie-in ones.

Anyway, I just saw your post on the base PS4 in the other thread. kind of ironic you got onto me for saying I was thinking (as I was undecided) of sitting on my copy until some patches (already bought), and now you're thinking the same thing. Regardless of your attitude here, I still feel bad for you since you were even more excited for the game than me, but I'm not playing on my base PS4 in its current state, as much as I want to.
Haha, yeah, kinda ironic

But I'm not gonna stop playing the game on the PS4 due to bugs. The ones that Ive experienced were minor.

I'm stop playing because I had no idea about how bad it would look and run on a PS4. I was expecting a 720p game with stable performance, but they delivered even worse than that.

I'm so disapointed with CDPR, can't even express how much. Throwing most of the user base under the bus, well, that's a bold move, let's see how that will work out in the end.

Thanks for your empathy

gamerMan

As far as I'm concerned the reviewers playing this on a high end PC are complicit in fooling the gaming public. None of them should have reviewed this game until they had the console code. Instead negative reviews complained about transphobia instead of the unplayable state of the game. This game looks and plays worse than a first generation PS4/Xbox One game.

aries_71

In 24 hours I went from thinking the reviews were amazing to thinking that I was fooled by a huge money making industry. I’m not going to buy this big motherfucker until it reaches 29€.

ethomaz

Banned
As far as I'm concerned the reviewers playing this on a high end PC are complicit in fooling the gaming public. None of them should have reviewed this game until they had the console code. Instead negative reviews complained about transphobia instead of the unplayable state of the game. This game looks and plays worse than a first generation PS4/Xbox One game.
From some hints they clearly had the console version and played them.
They knows and faced all PC version issues too.

They were not allowed to talk about them in their review.

If you are not allowed to talk about the issues and the worst versions in the review then why review it? Journos should not accept a deal where it will harm it own job.

Their reviewed a promise... a promise that the game will be after some (a lot) patches like the text and score they give it.
It will be after the fixes because behind the bugfest there is a great game... you are just not allowed to enjoy it right now.

Last edited:

Wintersun77

Neo Member
PC MAG: https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/watch-dogs-legion-for-pc

PROS
  • Amazing, highly detailed world
  • Deep character customization
  • Satisfying gunplay and melee systems
View More

CONS
  • Busy skill tree interface
  • Many bugs

"Cyberpunk 2077 is a potential Game of the Year candidate "

And score.... 7/10 :messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat:

The same site gave Valhalla 9/10 and Watch Dogs: Legion 8/10.

Metacritic/Opencritic should require some IQ tests from reviewers... Sad thing is, sometimes it's not worth to be original and ambitious, just make copy/paste Ubisoft shit and it'll pay off.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

PROS
View More

CONS
  • Many bugs

And score.... 7/10 :messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat:

Metacritic/Opencritic should require some IQ tests from reviewers.
Perhaps he gives that score due the unfinished state of the game? I mean there so many critical bugs that it should take 1-2 points from the score.

Compared with that the Valhalla and Watch Dogs bugs are very minor.

From now I'm siding with the lower scores (that doesn't talk about trans) than the 10 ones... the 10s are clear a joke from the reviewers.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Started playing, turned off the motion blur and film grain.... and it's still shimmering in the distance.

That's quite annoying,

R6Rider

Gold Member
Yeah Animal Crossing is just boring. I don’t care about catching fish or finding fossils or the museum or decorate or craft. 3/10

Reminds me a bit of the people who play through Hitman levels one time and call it quits. The whole point of Hitman is the level replay value.

True, Days Gone got battered for it's glitches etc. with many of them being featured prominently in reviews. I just wish games were treated with a more even hand.

Days Gone was a shit game, so there's no reason to overlook the glitches. Cyberpunk is by all accounts a great game, in spite of its glitches.

ethomaz

Banned
I played like 8 hours today on PC, i haven't seen literally nothing wrong, game looks and run perfectly. I know, there are some issues with old consoles, but this is PC review, come on...
PC version is buggy as hell even after the last patch... it is being reported in all medias.

PC focused site:

People want to try to make the issues on consoles... consoles had bad graphics... the bug issues are in all versions.

Last edited:

Regis

Could this be one of the rare AAA games that has console ports instead of the other way around?
I mean, do you have any doubts at this stage?

But the difference is not that big, GTX 750 Ti (Equal to Xbox One/PS4 GPUs) is having the same performance issues and it moves the game at just 25 fps at 900p and everything in the lowest settings. Maybe the game is just demanding.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Could this be one of the rare AAA games that has console ports instead of the other way around?
No question about it. CDPR develops for PC and scales down to consoles.

last gen consoles just aren’t capable. Current gen consoles should be fine when they get updated. Right now the only platform worth playing is PC.

I’ve only had minor bugs on PC so far in 10 hours. Really impressed with the performance and visuals. Frame rate is at 60fps like 99% of the time and game is easily the best looking open world game I’ve played.

pc won’t need many patches. There is no hope for last gen consoles. Current gen just need to wait to get updated next year

Here we go

7/20

35/100

Console version

Last edited:

PROS
View More

CONS
  • Many bugs

Metacritic/Opencritic should require some IQ tests from reviewers... Sad thing is, sometimes it's not worth to be original and ambitious, just make copy/paste Ubisoft shit and it'll pay off.

I know you're trying to say that this review is terrible, but I actually think the logic you've pointed out as flawed is, in fact, solid. The game IS a potential game of the year candidate, but not in its current state across various platforms. It's a stunning world with deep gameplay and lots of content, but the bugs kill it, so it's a 7/10 with the potential to be GOTY. I don't see the problem with the conclusion of the review?

What is this real? GS reviewer really skipped most of side quests and RPG stuff? She skipped so much stuff and she admits it. Atleast try to see if they good or not?

Last edited:

Thief1987

Here we go

7/20

35/100

Console version
Finally a fair score. This game is just a pure scam from what supposed to be pro-gamers(lol) corporation. Sad that idiots who preordered this trash definitely believed in this nonsense.

GHG

Gold Member
Another French PS4 review doing the rounds:

4/10

PC version for comparison:

10/10

The metacritic for the console versions will not be pretty.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Another French PS4 review doing the rounds:

4/10

PC version for comparison:

10/10

Aïe ! Ouille !

I see a possible PR disaster looming.

Hey, maybe CD Projekt Red will offer the first expansion for free, to try and win past-gen console gamers back.

Something seems to have gone terribly wrong with past-gen console versions of the game.

bxrz

Are publications going to go back and update their scores to account for the shit show that is on last gen consoles? Doubtful
No. The PS4 and Xbox One versions will get bad reviews while the Next-Gen and PC versions will get good reviews. And people will only care about the Next-Gen/PC versions

Overall if you have PS4/Xbox One/Weaker PC dont buy it. This is next-gen game and should never be put on last gen hardware, its just money grab.

If you have PS5/XSX/S wait for next-gen version in 2021.

I've been playing on XSX for about 6 hours and I haven't ran into 1 bug or crash.

Last edited:

So a PC game shouldnt have been reviewed on a PC and showed how it runs on PC because console turds somehow ? Finally, piece of shit consoles arent holding a games design and scope back. Fucking plastic turds

Edgelord79

Gold Member
No question about it. CDPR develops for PC and scales down to consoles.

last gen consoles just aren’t capable. Current gen consoles should be fine when they get updated. Right now the only platform worth playing is PC.

I’ve only had minor bugs on PC so far in 10 hours. Really impressed with the performance and visuals. Frame rate is at 60fps like 99% of the time and game is easily the best looking open world game I’ve played.

pc won’t need many patches. There is no hope for last gen consoles. Current gen just need to wait to get updated next year
I've had very little issues on PC as well. It's great.

Top Bottom