• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

dall-e mini, we can all be artists

Banned
I wanted to really have a test of how well Dall-E handles reflections, and damn...

a 3D render of a chrome apple on a glass table surrounded by mirrors

8nRf0zD.png
VMXNNsv.png
x5xpBv2.png
NOxGoE5.png

QSD

I've seen this doing the rounds on twitter too and am genuinely impressed with the breadth of stuff you can get this AI to output. I really wonder how they got it to work. Have to give A+ for creative input from gaffers, some of these are pretty far out.

HoodWinked

ran into a post on overwatch subreddit and someone used another AI called Stable Diffusion which is open source and it's completely mind blowing how good the results are. The quality of these really are kind of worrying.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Been trying to get into the Midjourney AI, and to my surprise it isn't as easy as I thought.. The AI is definitely not "precise", it tend to inject a lot of nonsensical imperfections, and the parameter variations can be endless.. There's actually an art to how to make good prompts and parameters and at the same time trying to predict what the AI is good at (like f.ex. how many pictures of a subject matter it has been trained with can be one important factor).

Here are a few outputs that was decent (sorry for not making comedy pics :D )

OSjYUaI.png

Sophisticated Panda. Edited in post because the AI kept putting extra eyes all over for some reason, so removed an "eye" on the right cheek.

cAwGh3s.png

Aboriginal art, dark ambiance.

UYKV449.png

Fantasy spiders.

4xadUuC.png

Supercell over futuristic city. Although this one was fine, the AI kept putting buildings on top of the clouds in other variants.

LZVrPwm.png

Mystical creature browsing gaf on a computer..?

h0RTNUD.png

Some weirdly asymmetrically detailed robots

4HMkvIW.png

Rough seas and godrays (I tried to put a sailing ship in this scene, but the ship ended up nonsensical)

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I just found out about midjourney. It's insane what this AI can do.

Did a few tryouts, nothing special, but the results some people can achieve are amazing.

I might consider subscribing to it.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I just found out about midjourney. It's insane what this AI can do.

Did a few tryouts, nothing special, but the results some people can achieve are amazing.

I might consider subscribing to it.
That's what I did. 10USD is nothing considering the fun I've had in just a day. Although unfortunately I think I'll quickly reach the 200 GPU minutes limit per month for that tier.. Trying to figure out good pics can almost feel like a game, there's a learning curve and challenges and obstacles to try to get around, and the more you learn the better the outcome. ..And in the end more fun than many games too.

Edit:

RdMN2a3.png

Last edited:

Valonquar

Based on a dream I had... some of the results were eerily close to what I saw.
"sandstone wall around a small park with an iron gate in the front. There is a weeping willow tree inside the park and one side has the ocean. Dark silhouette of a woman with a flowing skirt inside the park under the tree."
Aykt1Lm.png

nemiroff

Gold Member
Tried to make it a little bit more interesting with a quick test on how AIs could work together; Here's a couple of Midjourney pics "fixed" by Dalle-2

I kinda stole somebody else's Midjourney ninja cat, imported it into Dall-E 2 and asked it to generate some cat eyes to add character.

kt4UH1g.png
HvDVnmJ.png

The Midjourney AI got confused when it generated a lighthouse scene within a lighthouse scene.. I imported it into Dalle 2 and asked it to fix it for me.

8u3cZij.png
GLF1wbH.png

An unedited Midjourney's version of Iron Maiden's "Eddie" as a bonus pic.

d6IDYcn.png

Last edited:

Toons

As an artist, I welcome this new technology.

This will weed out all the scrubs who need a shortcut to greatness rather than blood sweat and a steady hand

Top Bottom