• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island 2 Launch Trailer Released

JonSnowball

The writing... well maybe I am not the target audience.
The writing in that trailer is fantastic compared to shit like Saints Row (2022) and Far Cry 6.

I recently finished Far Cry 6 (what a fucking slog), and the writing is so incredibly terrible I can't imagine who the fuck wrote that shit....and Ubisoft recently announced they're going to use AI generated narrative text in future? Only going to get worse. After playing the steaming pile of rancid fat filled animal shit that was that narrative anything in comparison seems brilliant. It's all "oh so random" humor of the worst variety that appeals to no one. Holy fucking shit balls what a God damn piece of shit that game was narrative wise, and don't let me even begin on the transgendered character who repeatedly talks about how difficult it was getting top surgery in a dictatorship (yes, really). What a fucking horrific pile of anal gloop.

Anyway, Dead Island 2 seems like it'll be fun but the early impressions I've seen make it out to be a bit janky and a bit slow. I'll certainly give it a go at least!

A bomba 10 years in the making
Something that hasn't been mentioned much in the press is Dambuster Studios started from scratch when they were handed the project. That leaked build from a couple of years ago is likely all we'll ever see from that project.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Alebrije

DI2 developing story reminds me the Doom port for 3DO..but it seems this will have a better ending , The game looks great ,hope the card system adds something interesting to gameplay.

I'm getting it but god the reviews are going to make it or break it . They had over a decade to get it right. If they didn't ... Well then that's the nail in the coffin. I'm crossing my fingers it gets better reviews than dying light 2. god that game was so freaking bad 😭

Eiknarf

Banned
After allllllll this time and anticipation… if it doesn’t get good reviews then… hollllllly shit! That’s gonna hurt -

GenericUser

After allllllll this time and anticipation… if it doesn’t get good reviews then… hollllllly shit! That’s gonna hurt -
I don't think it will. It's not a journalist game. Probably not enough cinematic walking sections and not enough story cutscenes. The only way for this game to get a 85+ score would be if it was platform exclusive.
I only hope that the game will be fun to play and then the word of mouth will hopefully help this game to break even or make a nice profit for the devs, so that they can work on a sequel or a new game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom