• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear console warriors

Why are you so pathetic?

• I’m a poverty-stricken scumlord

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • My mom dropped my tendies

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • I’m only 14 and my parents only bought me one console

Votes: 41 59.4%

• Total voters

Barnabot

zeebo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS4 >>>>>>>>>>>>> XBOX ONE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Switch

change my mind

bronk

Banned
I've been playing a ton of 360 lately. The power of the 360 is once again surging through me. The inner dudebro long dormant has resurfaced! Where the 5 Xbros at? I lend you my power! Pouring an ice cold Mtn Dew all over my body while I play the massage game with vibration on max..... on this dick.

NVQsdAz.jpg

Last edited:
Why are you so pathetic?

Why do you derive your sense of identity from a gaming console?

You know you will never get to lick the cream off a beautiful redhead’s body, right?

Whenever one of you shows up in the ban list for your childish shenanigans, we’re all laughing at you, not with you.

Bloodborne, it was all Bloodbournes fault.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier

I mean its fun and educational when it comes to talking about comparison and deep details BUT when it comes to personal level plus when there is a lack of respect for the opinions and tastes of others it becomes silly and stupid

High moral sense and respect for the intellectual opponent must be there to maintain a constructive debate ..
you will never be able to change anyone's thinking regarding opinions , and People do not change their minds easily but with a good discussion accompanied by understandable facts with a knowledge not just blah blah blah ..

other than that this shit will go on

Moogle11

Banned
You know what’s funny? I have seen worse from Apple vs Android fans.

Yeah, lame corporate/platform fanboyism is by no means limited to gaming. Apple vs. Android, PC vs. Mac, Ford vs. Chevy and those dumb ass stickers of Calvin pissing on one or the other, Marvel vs. DC etc.

All just no lifers tying their identity into some product or IP and taking any negative opinions on it, or praise of the "other," as a personal affront.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I was only a console warrior for Sega, and I took in the butt for it regularly...it's awful.

I still have my preferences as a consumer, I'd be lying if I said I didn't. But I'll never take a side like that again. I just wanna play good games.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
I still have my preferences as a consumer, I'd be lying if I said I didn't. But I'll never take a side like that again. I just wanna play good games.

That is the proper stance. Everyone has preference. There are objective differences between what Sony, MS, Nintendo and PC platforms provide in terms of features, services and the genre/style of games most represented by their exclusives. Thus most people are going to have preferences, spend more time playing one than the others or even be completely satisfied owning one of them. That's perfectly normal. There's just no need for people to feel a need to defend their preferences--much less aggressively--nor to attack others for their preferences.

Their platforms we use to play games. Playing games is supposed to be fun. It's not supposed to be something that's a key part of one's identity to the point they feel personally attacked when someone has different preferences, likes things they don't and dislikes things they do. And it's especially pathetic when you see 30+ year olds doing it on sites like this, and that's mostly what it is as there aren't many teens or even twenty somethings on traditional forums anymore from every age poll thread I've seen in recent years.

Not attacking you at all--as I said in my earlier post I was definitely a Nintendo fanboy for a long while and I cringe at the lame arguments I made and how much time I wasted on them in my teens and early to mid 20s when I was young and dumb and immature. You clearly had the same realization and it's a shame so many haven't and there's still so much bickering, dismissing of others tastes and insulting people who like different things. It's just fucking games! Play them, have fun and save your energy and emotionality for things that actually matter in life folks.

shoegaze

OP tries to look facetious, but in reality, he's deeply affected by this and wants to hold hands and get along.

Sonyponys, Nintards and Xbots, let's unite and rip each other apart.

Humdinger

I think they're funny in a stupid sort of way, like a food fight or a three stooges bit.

Imagine the alternative: everyone discussing next gen consoles in fair, reasonable, and logical ways. How boring that would be.

Damn it, excuse all the typos and wrong words (swapped homophones) in my wall of text! I make a ton of those errors when typing quickly, didn't proofread before submitting and just noticed a couple scrolling down now. I'd fix it, but I don't see an option to edit.
You'll be able to edit previous posts once you 'graduate' from being a Neo Member into a Member.

Don't sweat it in the meantime, I had the same issue as you did; itching to correct some small mistakes but no edit button in sight haha.

-Arcadia-

Banned
lmao shut the fuck up bitch. FUCK nintendo

wJhKoYA.jpg

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

VAVA Mk2

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Why do you care so much about what an anonymous keyboard warrior says dude?

Why do you care so much about what an anonymous keyboard warrior says dude?

Top Bottom