• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear console warriors

Why are you so pathetic?

• I’m a poverty-stricken scumlord

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • My mom dropped my tendies

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • I’m only 14 and my parents only bought me one console

Votes: 41 59.4%

• Total voters

nush

My brand of toothpaste outsells your brand of toothpaste.

Colgate Master Race.
Toothpaste? Ugh, what a casual.

My teeth are cleaned by Egyptian Plover birds.

7SpfKcbEqf1v4xEoR2S3LbuGVkLZhkxAh-nljoOQzwFoW_7h1w32LjudCoKo0tQ0WqTof1NVyz7WuOIpGhas8AfevCIKaPSUZdL7jvZaM9MNlTs94XzrZ8SqvykWBVKr1x5R87__P_MSvW_T3tnJ-pWf6OOAT0zPdk3m

drganon

This thread should be locked. How dare you make fun of my chicken tendies being on the floor. HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO EAT THEM NOW!!! IM GOING TO STARVE TO DEATH!!!

the only fanboys that annoy me are nintendo fanboys. they act like nintendo games came from the gods and are above everything else, they go crazy for thirdparty games on a nintendo console, but act like they don't exist on PC/PS4/XB. some of them will only buy nintendo consoles to how they are loyal.

Papa

Banned
the only fanboys that annoy me are nintendo fanboys. they act like nintendo games came from the gods and are above everything else, they go crazy for thirdparty games on a nintendo console, but act like they don't exist on PC/PS4/XB. some of them will only buy nintendo consoles to how they are loyal.

fucking nintendo fans am i right

daninthemix

There's a console war? I hadn't noticed. Consoles are so temporary, and replaced so quickly, they aren't worth my mindshare.

Shin

Banned
Console wars opens up discussion.
What discussions, my Y is bigger/better than your Z?
That is not a discussion, but a child needing to justify their purchase.
I can't speak for others, but I buy what makes me happy, could give 2 shits about brand A or B.
Nor do I need to justify whatever I buy to anyone, I'm a man not a child that needs constant reassurance with my purchase.
This is why I liked the old days, you bought a gaming magazine and discussed it with friends at school or wherever and that was that.
Gaming along with humanity went to shit, there was always greed and fucktards, but it became worse over the years and I expect the trend to continue.

Saruhashi

Banned

Hahahahaha.

You can't talk shit about anyone mate. Your absolute meltdown on the "Metacritic Game of the Decade" thread was worthy of even the most rabid of cringey fanboys.

Oh no! Why the tears? Did somebody say that the Nintendo game was the best of the decade?

Console wars are annoying as fuck. No doubt.
These cunts who claim to be above it all while being whiny little bitches because someone liked a game too much are just as bad.

In my experience "anti-fanboys" are just as irrational, over the top, hyperbolic and quick to spit their dummy out as the actual fanboys they set themselves up against.

Always amusing to me that people are happy taking a pop at "fanboys" but run away crying when the fanboys give them a bit of aggro in return.

Saruhashi

Banned
What discussions, my Y is bigger/better than your Z?
That is not a discussion, but a child needing to justify their purchase.
I can't speak for others, but I buy what makes me happy, could give 2 shits about brand A or B.
Nor do I need to justify whatever I buy to anyone, I'm a man not a child that needs constant reassurance with my purchase.
This is why I liked the old days, you bought a gaming magazine and discussed it with friends at school or wherever and that was that.
Gaming along with humanity went to shit, there was always greed and fucktards, but it became worse over the years and I expect the trend to continue.

The thing is though that it was almost exclusively positive back in those days.
I found it funny later on watching AVGN videos and thinking "hey we used to play that game every day for months and we loved it".

There wasn't a sense that everything needed to be deconstructed and taken apart bit by bit to find the flaws.
There wasn't a determined effort to "prove" that it's impossible for you to be having fun with the new game.

Right now it seems like it's legitimately a bit lame to actually like videogames.
Certainly you wouldn't want to be caught really enjoying an amazing game.
Don't you know that game you loved playing is actually really boring and overrated?

Hahahahaha.

You can't talk shit about anyone mate. Your absolute meltdown on the "Metacritic Game of the Decade" thread was worthy of even the most rabid of cringey fanboys.

Oh no! Why the tears? Did somebody say that the Nintendo game was the best of the decade?

Console wars are annoying as fuck. No doubt.
These cunts who claim to be above it all while being whiny little bitches because someone liked a game too much are just as bad.

In my experience "anti-fanboys" are just as irrational, over the top, hyperbolic and quick to spit their dummy out as the actual fanboys they set themselves up against.

Always amusing to me that people are happy taking a pop at "fanboys" but run away crying when the fanboys give them a bit of aggro in return.

except i never did have melt down. just speaking the facts buddy.

Last edited:
The only people I really see doing console war nonsense nowadays are ten year olds who's parents only bought them one console, or boomers like people in the crumbside community who have some weird longing for the Mega Drive and Super Famicom days.

Top Bottom