• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding |OT| Keep Walking, Nothing To See Here

Keihart

So they never get snagged on rocks or jagged terrain?
If you can walk over it you can use the cargo over it, and it's even better than your back or car, for example you can jump all you want and since the cargo floats it absorbs the impacts.
Its liberating to jump and run with the speed legs while carrying 200 something kilograms on the hover cargo.

They also float on water and follow you when jumping over cliffs

Last edited:

nowhat

Gold Member
Like successfully or do you end up eating shit within a couple seconds?

Is it similar to the shield surfing in Breath of the Wild?
With even (and downward enough) slopes it works well. But as you've probably gathered thus far into the game, rocks are your real enemies, BTs are just a distraction.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
ELB9pv4W4AAB0sF

After this I accidentally shot a bunch of guys because I had the wrong gun. Decided to kill them all, got 16 bodies and only 14 fit in the truck so I had to do two trips to the incinerator :D

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Chalet 11 wow damn this is some great stuff. Kojima got some great performances captured here. was really feeling some of these scenes. bravo!

Story continues to be this unwinding sci fi labyrinth and I love it

that scene where Cliff finally sees BB hit me right in the heart. rn I am listening to Die Hardman give us the dl on Amelie. I have a hologram telling me “How do we even know she’s real?@ LOL

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
ELB9pv4W4AAB0sF

After this I accidentally shot a bunch of guys because I had the wrong gun. Decided to kill them all, got 16 bodies and only 14 fit in the truck so I had to do two trips to the incinerator :D

I cheated and looked. That area looks sick. Where’d you get the hat? Lol

I don't know how it was for others, but having 2-4 trucks blocking the Cosplayer (I had two on top of each other in the hole, so I couldn't even get down there) was hella annoying. I'm glad they let us do something about it.

nowhat

Gold Member
I don't know how it was for others, but having 2-4 trucks blocking the Cosplayer (I had two on top of each other in the hole, so I couldn't even get down there) was hella annoying. I'm glad they let us do something about it.
I'm sorry for your experience and glad that it's being patched out, but somehow I find this so amusing.

Kojima makes a game with the explicit purpose that players are only able to help/like each other, and yet people find ways to troll other players. I guess humanity, humanity never changes.

Roni

Gold Member
Apparently, Metacritic removed a ton of spammed negative user reviews for the game. It's now sitting @ 7.4 for the user score. What do you guys figure is the over-under for a thread being made about it within an hour of this post?

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I finished the game this week and i really liked it.

The gameplay did more for me than the story but both are fantastic. The main arc is a bit up and down and there are definitly parts i didn't like, but Sams personal journey through the game was quite special.

The game introduces more and more gamepalay mechanics along the way which really ads up. So much that i haven't used all the tools at my disposal after finishing the game.

The graphics are quite nice and at times close to photorealism. Would love to see this on PS4 Pro or later on PC with higher settings.

The soundtrack fits perfect in my opinion.

I liked the artistic style the most. The wide and beautiful landscape together with the destroyed infrastructure. Than the futuristic technology and the best holograms a saw to date.

The game is not for everyone but i would recommend it to everyone! :messenger_grinning:

Roni

Gold Member
I finished the game this week and i really liked it.

The gameplay did more for me than the story but both are fantastic. The main arc is a bit up and down and there are definitly parts i didn't like, but Sams personal journey through the game was quite special.

The game introduces more and more gamepalay mechanics along the way which really ads up. So much that i haven't used all the tools at my disposal after finishing the game.

The graphics are quite nice and at times close to photorealism. Would love to see this on PS4 Pro or later on PC with higher settings.

The soundtrack fits perfect in my opinion.

I liked the artistic style the most. The wide and beautiful landscape together with the destroyed infrastructure. Than the futuristic technology and the best holograms a saw to date.

The game is not for everyone but i would recommend it to everyone! :messenger_grinning:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the game! Are you going to keep playing now that you've finished the story?

Terenty

Btw did anyone see the places from e3 2018 trailer, the mountain that Sam is scaling with birds flying underneath and the waterfall with dragonflies?

Roni

Gold Member
Btw did anyone see the places from e3 2018 trailer, the mountain that Sam is scaling with birds flying underneath and the waterfall with dragonflies?
I was looking at a few pictures released prior to the game's launch and I got a sinking feeling there's stuff we saw that's wasn't in the game.

Might've been cut, but could be DLC

Con-Z-epT

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the game! Are you going to keep playing now that you've finished the story?

Hell yeah! :messenger_sunglasses:

There is still so much to unlock, connect and discover. And it is still satisfying to deliver the goods.

Btw. do you know how I can connect to the Ludens fan in the first area? I didn't saw an order for this prepper and I really want to see Geoff Keighley. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

molasar

Banned
Hell yeah! :messenger_sunglasses:

There is still so much to unlock, connect and discover. And it is still satisfying to deliver the goods.

Btw. do you know how I can connect to the Ludens fan in the first area? I didn't saw an order for this prepper and I really want to see Geoff Keighley. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
There should be some lost cargo lying around for him in the same area. Just pick it up and deliver it.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Its funny how many of us just missed the ludens fan and musician, I only found em cause Im runnin around tryin to earn all them stars

I got lost so many times in this game by just delivering stuff and exploring the enviroment that I stoped counting.

At chapter 6 or 7 I "forced" myself through the story just to take in the hole narrative without being distracted.

The good thing however is that by the end you can still do all the "sidequests".

And thats where the game really shines. All those emails, the interviews and the charakters itselfs are so good.

It all feels so mysterious to me after so many hours of playing the game.

I still have a felling that there is something hiding from me i didn't discover.

Roni

Gold Member
I got lost so many times in this game by just delivering stuff and exploring the enviroment that I stoped counting.

At chapter 6 or 7 I "forced" myself through the story just to take in the hole narrative without being distracted.

The good thing however is that by the end you can still do all the "sidequests".

And thats where the game really shines. All those emails, the interviews and the charakters itselfs are so good.

It all feels so mysterious to me after so many hours of playing the game.

I still have a felling that there is something hiding from me i didn't discover.

Same here, at Chapter 6 I made the deliberate decision to focus on story deliveries because otherwise I would ruin the pace of the story for myself by just enjoying the gameplay too damn much.

Con-Z-epT

Same here, at Chapter 6 I made the deliberate decision to focus on story deliveries because otherwise I would ruin the pace of the story for myself by just enjoying the gameplay too damn much.

It's like in those games where you can restart quickly and say to your self: "Just one more try"!

Here it's like, just one more delivery. And another one and ano...

You get lost unconsciously so quickly. Its hypnotic and I like it! :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Platinum baby!

Trophy for maxing out all the locations to 5 stars is what took the longest. But I do feel I have seen every nook and cranny of this world now!

molasar

Banned
Wait, there’s a musician in the first area? Lol. I’ve spent thirty hours playing the game, and most of them were in that area, and I had no idea.
You can check what areas are not connected yet to the chiral network by pressing R3 on the map.

Last edited:
Top Bottom