• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Delta Force - Official Announcement Teaser Trailer

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

I doubt it'll be good but we'll see.

winjer

Gold Member
Hot dam, a new Delta Force? I wasn't expecting this, but it's nice to see this saga coming back.

acm2000

looks like they are carrying on from the last game rather than rebooting from the first, shame because DF1 and DF2 were fucking epic.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm mostly in just on the name. Looks serviceable without being able to say much. This was my teenhood son.

NEbeast

Holy shit! I grew up playing Df2, land warrior and then DfBhd on 56k Internet. Hopefully this new one sticks with the roots of the OGs.

VN1X

Banned
The fuck? That's a blast from the past.

It certainly looks good but I'm not sure how I feel about this being Chinese developed?

YuLY

Holy shit, thats a name I havent heard in a long while. I kinda miss military shooter campaigns, CoD is a bit tired lately, the last one that I liked was Cold War and mostly due to the KGB headquarters mission. And there are no other alternatives, BF is trash now, those 2 crossfire campaign by remedy were trash and not even accessible anymore, it was time someone else stepped up.

Hopefully it does have a campaign and thats not scripted BR footage tho.

Last edited:

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
I have Delta Force 2 on my laptop and was playing it last week and loving it. Whatever this is its not Delta Force. Turning Delta Force into a CoD clone is just sad and I'm sure it will just get lost in the sea of other military bro shooters.

CamHostage

It's from TiMi Studio, the developer of the ridiculously good COD Mobile.

Well, that's good, because this is a mobile game also coming to consoles. (Or at least iOS/Android is listed among the platforms; not Switch though.)

TiMi can do some sharp work, but it's seemingly apparent already that this game will cater better to its low-spec players and the high-end platforms will just be along for the ride. (The connection of the original Delta Force product line appears superficial, the scale of the battlefield and units at play is rather off and arcadey, and the use of powerups points towards its monetization system.)

Is there a longer trailer somewhere that everyone here is seeing, but I'm not seeing? People in this thread seem to know exactly what this game is going to be.

Hibs

This looks like booty, but it did lead me down the nostalgia path.

Fileplanet, Gamespy, and playing Delta Force: Black Hawk Down or the beta for Joint Operations.

Piggoro

God, I want to play a well-made, modern looking, big budget, realistic authentic modern military shooter so much! Without superpowers, cringy cosmetics, badass edgy shenanigans, quipping characters/heroes. I want a game like BF3/4/Bad Company 2/old Delta Force games/etc. Not an indy game developed by a 2-person ex-marine dev team, not a walking/backpack managing simulator. But a proper big budget, casual'ish military shooter.
MW 2019 was such a breath of fresh air for me for the first 6 months until clown skins and pixel tracers came to the store. MWII became a clown show in the very first month/two weeks. I instantly and completely lost my will to play them.
And I'm SO annoyed whenever somebody expresses this kind of sentiment, they instantly get a flood of "Well go play ARMA/Tarkov then!", "Go military-LARP somewhere else!", "Who cares about skins?! I don't!", "You have health regen and can do a Rendezook in the game - that's not realistic!".
I'm not asking for serious realism (dying from 1 bullet/etc). I just want some surface military authenticity and aesthetics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom