• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar developers have commented on the trailer leak: "It fucking sucks"

Zuzu

Yeah it would massively suck to put in all that work and then have the moment spoiled. Hopefully they’ll rethink how they will release future trailers and the next ones won’t be leaked. Anticipation will be high for the first gameplay reveal trailer so at least there’s that moment to wait for. But I can imagine that it must be a big letdown for the developers.

Last edited:
Yeah, It sucks that it was released like that.

Though I believe in the modern era, you really can't have delayed trailer releases anymore - due to online, something might leak eventually.

That's what happens when you try to do a overly controlled release, just make it, announce it and reveal it when it's ready, stop trying to maximize the social media metrics.
They can do what they want with their years of work.
But some random asshole needs to steal that moment

Pejo

On one hand, oh well.

On the other, some of the staff will probably retire before GTA7 comes out, so I kinda empathize.

Whitecrow

Banned
Honestly GAF. You suck.
I'm in awe at how little to no empathy and respect is left in your brains.

It's their fucking work. They got to decide when, where, and how they want to release it to the public.
Putting so many hours, and so much effort into something, just to have the control taken out of you FUCKING SUCKS.

Stop being 5 year old kids ffs.

They dont deserve it, and have all the right to complain. Stfu.

Last edited:

CGNoire

Rockstar was due to premiere its GTA 6 trailer on Tuesday. However, on Monday an anonymous X (formerly Twitter) account forced its hand by uploading a low-res and heavily watermarked version of the reveal video early.

Shortly after the leak, Rockstar published an official version of the trailer, writing:

Senior gameplay animator Javier Altman wrote on X (formerly Twitter) that the early publication of the much-anticipated reveal video had robbed them of plans to watch the live reaction with the rest of the development team.

they wrote.

Altman added:

An hour after the GTA 6 trailer was officially published by Rockstar, the animator added:

Ohhhhh Boooooo Fuuuucccking Hooooo!

They got to decide when, where, and how they want to release it to the public.
And they chose to release this trailer 2 years before the actual game comes out.
It's just a short teaser that doesn't reveal anything we didn't know already.
It's inconsequential.
And it leaked a day early.
Cry me a river.
Previous leaks were a big deal, this sure as hell isn't.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Honestly GAF. You suck.

It's their fucking work. They got to decide when, where, and how they want to release it to the public.
Putting so many hours, and so much effort into something, just to have the control taken out of you FUCKING SUCKS.

To be fair no one said they can't have a good moan, where just laughing at them for doing it.

Tams

Honestly GAF. You suck.

GAF, should we tell him?

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
It's a fucking ad that is less than 2 minutes long. What the fuck is there to "cry" about?

Don't worry, if anyone at Rockstar are crying over this, they'll be doing it in the company parking lot...full of their Ferraris.

Jayjayhd34

Yeah, I'd be pissed off too, fucking clown needed his 30 seconds of fame though.

But it looks fantastic

It's weird they hid there identity so they really got nothing out of it. there not famous and if they where they probably get lot more abuse I think. most people where just looking forward today.

It also very un likely seeing message buy bitcoin was going drive a random person start buying bitcoin either especially after ftx

Last edited:
Don’t upload anything to YouTube, most of the leaks (even non video leaks) seem to be from there. You upload a private video ready so it can process and some support staff worker leaks it for clout

This might be the only time I can safely say a leaked trailer didn't do shit to tamp down the hype or even limit how much the official trailer is going to blow up the internet.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Yeah truly heartbreaking

Like who the fuck can take this shit seriously, what they are saying, no it does not suck, you know that at least there is still a demand for your shitty little game

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Honestly GAF. You suck.

When is your teaser for Hello Volcano Middle School coming.....this week right? Oops sorry my bad for leaking it

Bond007

I can understand the frustration- completely valid.
Though- sticking to the early December announcement for the trailer should have been good enough. The follow up announcement really brought everything to a fever pitch and higher probability of a leak.

dorkimoe

its a trailer who the fuck cares. your game is going to make a billion dollars and theyre upset about views

i refuse to believe it matter in the slightest that the trailer leaked early

Burger

Stop whinging and sort out your security.

OR get used to the fact that having 4000 people work on something - hey maybe shit will leak.

its a trailer who the fuck cares. your game is going to make a billion dollars and theyre upset about views

i refuse to believe it matter in the slightest that the trailer leaked early
being spoiled by a "low-res and heavily watermarked version" is certainly hardly the desired effect they and any viewer actually wanted as the first teaser experience!? Product xyz which is a bit crumpled at target is probably also not worse than the undented one, most people will nevertheless take the latter one. Makes total sense that you as the dev polsihing it and the marketing team working towards a set date to want the first impression being the planned one and not some suboptimal garbage version. The latest Rocksteady trailer trailer was even blasted because the quality of the official thing was questionable.

Rockstar probably should set up several accounts on different platforms starting yesteryear and leak several half right and half wrong infos there now and then and each time when a bigger reveal is going to happen flood the net with various versions of semi wip semi bs trailers but not the real deal but close enough to be taken serious. So even a real leak won't get more attention than all the semi-fake other ones. A lot of extra work, maybe do this together with other dev and marketing guys together, with stupid people that do no work at all, but steal, you probably have to go the extra mile to protect your work.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yeah, I'm sure people indirectly stroking their egos would have resulted in them simultaneously cumming.

Why you gotta deprive them of that mane.

I agree. It's not that bad that it leaked. They were sitting on a gold mine.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I've worked on several things for even longer than this trailer, and even on a good day, I wouldn't have people I've never met applauding me.

Social media makes everyone think that they're a celebrity.

dano1

A Sheep
Honestly GAF. You suck.

Speaking of 5 year olds…

In fairness if you take 12 FUCKING YEARS to make a sequel to a very popular game, shit like this will happen.

It’s not exactly high art anyway - a fat lass twerking on a car and an alligator bowling about. The Sistine Chapel it is not.

Last edited:
The great thing about this is no one will give a shit about or remember any of this stupid leak drama, if the game delivers.

zombieland-money.gif

Oh, poor Rockstar. Their trailer for a game that's going to make a fuck-tillion dollars leaked a day early. However will they recover?

dano1

A Sheep
If having some respect means being five, Ill take it old man.

Sad how many of you lack so much empathy yet here you are thinking you are smart or something.
There going to make more money than everyone on this site together. I think they will be just fine. There getting more headlines because of this anyway. Chill

Top Bottom