• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT| Power was granted, so the world could be mended

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
At lot of talk but in the end you just have to play a lot in human form. How this light dark balance works out regarding endgame/platinum is still unclear.

Btw those huge lava pricks in 2-2 in the tunnels. Any tips? A hammer I guess that l'll find ...somewhere?

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
At lot of talk but in the end you just have to play a lot in human form. How this light dark balance works out regarding endgame/platinum is still unclear.
You pretty much need full white and then full black tendency to make all the phantoms appear. These are like special world events. It's easier to go white first and then kill yourself multiple times in human form to change tendency.

Remember that full black tendency makes the game harder.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You pretty much need full white and then full black tendency to make all the phantoms appear. These are like special world events. It's easier to go white first and then kill yourself multiple times in human form to change tendency.

Remember that full black tendency makes the game harder.
And to get the plat in one playthrough for the ring and save scumming, have a friend help you via PVP.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Yeah and more Souls and specific phantom loot.. Meh I'll do all the 2-2 stuff white then
You can grind souls in 4-2 no matter the tendency. Don't change to black because of some more souls. You will regret this.

Edit: You can still change tendency near the end and get most if not all black phantoms. Can't remember all exactly since it been two years.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Made some fine progress but hey i was busy with that immensely intense shoot the red dragon part and I ended up being like 10/20 arrows short.

So I tried the hit the tail method and goddamn it worked!

Umbasa

Snipe head from above or hit the blade wound while circling until it drops down and you can hit its head directly. Then, you will have access to the reaper soul farm.

What so you say non anticipaters? Back to Latria? Try finish Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage bathroom 1-1?
Finish up Dragon God puzzle in 2-3 and watch your step in the septic tank of 5-2. To make it easier just go through the two bridge passage segments and unlock the plank shortcut to the boss ASAP. It is so close to the entrance it is almost mocking the player on repeat runs.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Snipe head from above or hit the blade wound while circling until it drops down and you can hit its head directly. Then, you will have access to the reaper soul farm.

Finish up Dragon God puzzle in 2-3 and watch your step in the septic tank of 5-2. To make it easier just go through the two bridge passage segments and unlock the plank shortcut to the boss ASAP. It is so close to the entrance it is almost mocking the player on repeat runs.

I was tired and missed the front weak point. Got him first try early morning.
Also the Long bow and the adjudicators shield.

Better to do 5 -1 before 2-3?

Need some greens. Is there a good farming place besides 1-2 (blue knights)

Also bought the Claymore. Couldn't help myself. 44 or so hours in now.

Can I go back to Latria 1 for those 2 imprisoned NPC's?

Now that you are at 4-2 you might as well just farm the reaper (weak to fire) and buy healing items from the singing merchant in 3-1 until you rescue the Saint from the trap in 4-2 and confront Patches to get him to sell items to you at the Nexus for a good price. The imprisoned Graverobber Blige from 4-1 sells fire arrows at the start of 4-2 if you care to go that route.

1-1 only has Ostrava in need of rescue, 1-2 has a locked door to the dungeons with Biorr (by the boss gate), and 1-3 has a locked fence door (by the fountain) leading to a tower with a bridge requiring an Officials's Hat for passage and Yuria on the other side. Ostrava is in need of rescue every chapter.

P.S. There is a ring hidden in 3-2 at all white tendency that makes it so that you can move through the sludge of the septic tank of 5-2 without being over-encumbered (unable to roll). If you avoid dying in physical form in World 3, beating the bosses of 3-1 and 3-2 together with invader NPC at 3-1. Remember to kill your physical self at the nexus to avoid moving toward black world tendency and reenter worlds to trigger change in world tendency.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I played the original a few times and the areas are small enough to be memorized.

Still impressive.

And the end of number 2

KCXH36I.png

I want it

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I played the original a few times and the areas are small enough to be memorized.

Got myself a certain prankster =P (In 2-2.)

But it was weird because for some reason I missed him first time around and so had already picked up his shiny.

Upon returning i saw him but he didn't mentioned a shiny at any time during the conversation. So I just killed the big lava bug and talked to him again but nothing that related to the fextra way of how the interaction should've gone.

Anyways I had 3200 souls so I bought a dragon stone at the nearby vendor and killed myself.

Upon returning to the Nexus I was stressing, thinking I may have fucked up. But no. The prick was sitting there.

So... yay!

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Fuck yeah OG blight town boss #1 down first try.

9.200. Souls for the whole section plus boss.

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

Last edited:
They are both really tough. The boss for Prison 2 wrecks most people, but the level is fair. In contrast, Skelly Island 2 has a cheesable boss with weakness to Thief's Ring, but the trip there is brutal. Probably the hardest in the game.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Doing Latria 2. Have to make it all dark for some Ring. I suicicided a couple times but im guessing I need to be killed by an enemy for the tendency to chance.

Got the Lava bow made. Looks cool!
Buy some fire arrows from Blige and the reaper farm and 5-2 boss become a cakewalk.

Doing Latria 2. Have to make it all dark for some Ring. I suicicided a couple times but im guessing I need to be killed by an enemy for the tendency to chance.
It only works when you die as a human and you must reenter the world for the change to occur. Don't forget to get a Colorless Soul from the cancer Demon down by the muck with scaffolding. It is on one of the rock ledges.

Last edited:
Have to look up blige.

Have the lava bow.

Tendencie doenst matters ie be killed/suicide?
Blige is the thief at the entrance to Ritual Path (4-2) if you saved his hide from imprisonment in Island's Edge (4-1).

The tendency does not change if you die in spirit form. You need to exit the world and reenter it to observe a change.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Blige is the thief at the entrance to Ritual Path (4-2) if you saved his hide from imprisonment in Island's Edge (4-1).

The tendency does not change if you die in spirit form. You need to exit the world and reenter it to observe a change.

Haven't met blidge then i reckon. I'll fexra him..thanks. So I'll need to transport back the nexus, re'enter and pop a pill for the change. Annoying. (Fextra wasn't clear on that)

Thanks man

Next to the big demon on Island's Edge there is a cave and inside that cave are a bunch of false walls and one of the paths leads to a cell with Blige. The key is at the bottom of the tower right of the ruins entrance past the stairway with skeletons. To get there the tower to the left must be ascended and a bridge above the entrance crossed.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Next to the big demon on Island's Edge there is a cave and inside that cave are a bunch of false walls and one of the paths leads to a cell with Blige. The key is at the bottom of the tower right of the ruins entrance past the stairway with skeletons. To get there the tower to the left must be ascended and a bridge above the entrance crossed. Edit its possible.

Thanks. Found him. Also turned Latria all dark for the Sudden ring. Lowered the Heart so the Avarice ring should be somewhere there as well. But maybe that fucked up acces to the bloody swamp, not sure. Going find out soon. Thanks again. Edit its possible

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Now that you are at 4-2 you might as well just farm the reaper (weak to fire) and buy healing items from the singing merchant in 3-1 until you rescue the Saint from the trap in 4-2 and confront Patches to get him to sell items to you at the Nexus for a good price. The imprisoned Graverobber Blige from 4-1 sells fire arrows at the start of 4-2 if you care to go that route.

1-1 only has Ostrava in need of rescue, 1-2 has a locked door to the dungeons with Biorr (by the boss gate), and 1-3 has a locked fence door (by the fountain) leading to a tower with a bridge requiring an Officials's Hat for passage and Yuria on the other side. Ostrava is in need of rescue every chapter.

P.S. There is a ring hidden in 3-2 at all white tendency that makes it so that you can move through the sludge of the septic tank of 5-2 without being over-encumbered (unable to roll). If you avoid dying in physical form in World 3, beating the bosses of 3-1 and 3-2 together with invader NPC at 3-1. Remember to kill your physical self at the nexus to avoid moving toward black world tendency and reenter worlds to trigger change in world tendency.

Needed a slash weapon for missing some chromosomes maneater so I got a long sword at +8 now.

Decided to first do poison swamp. And this morning I cleared it and got the shortcut. All prep is done but who knows what's behind the mist wall!

To be continued...

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I want to give this game/gameplay a chance. I do suck at souls games but want to give it another shot. What is the best build for beginner...I read its characters with ranged attacks?
The Royalty class. You start off at level 1 and you can do just about anything with it. Magic is very powerful in this game. Put points in health and INT starting off. If you don’t like it, focus on a melee class with higher strength.

Pejo

I want to give this game/gameplay a chance. I do suck at souls games but want to give it another shot. What is the best build for beginner...I read its characters with ranged attacks?
One of the first things you should do as an entirely new player is look for the Cling Ring, it's in the first world you start in. If you're bad at the genre, staying in "soul form" is probably your best bet, and that ring gives extra HP while in soul form. It also has an effect on World Tendancy but that's a complicated mechanic for a new player and will probably overwhelm you if you worry about it too much on a first playthrough. You playing the PS5 version or the original?

One of the first things you should do as an entirely new player is look for the Cling Ring, it's in the first world you start in. If you're bad at the genre, staying in "soul form" is probably your best bet, and that ring gives extra HP while in soul form. It also has an effect on World Tendancy but that's a complicated mechanic for a new player and will probably overwhelm you if you worry about it too much on a first playthrough. You playing the PS5 version or the original?

Yeah im playing the remake on the PS5.

I know its maybe a dumb question but level wise, how are you supposed to play the game? I was following a Royalty class guide so I did world 1-1 and 2-1 in order to get some items so my question is, is the game supposed to be played 1-1,1-2,1-3 etc so basically you go through the whole archstone of one world first or should i do 1-1, 2-1,3-1,4-1 and so on first?

Top Bottom