• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT| Power was granted, so the world could be mended

Should I be prioritizing one over the other? Spear is +3, Strength 16, Dexterity 15.

Weapons scale with stats. The letters in the stats column tell you how much your weapon scales with each stat. S>A>B>C>D>E

If you want to plan a build around a specific weapon, this is the info you need: upgrade paths for winged spear

You have a basic winged spear. If you wanted to switch to sharp and really scale with dex, you would take your winged spear with no upgrades and use a bladestone to swtich to the sharp path, quality path: winged spear +3 and clearstone, etc.

cormack12

Gold Member
Weapons scale with stats. The letters in the stats column tell you how much your weapon scales with each stat. S>A>B>C>D>E

If you want to plan a build around a specific weapon, this is the info you need: upgrade paths for winged spear

You have a basic winged spear. If you wanted to switch to sharp and really scale with dex, you would take your winged spear with no upgrades and use a bladestone to swtich to the sharp path, quality path: winged spear +3 and clearstone, etc.

Does base damage still go up with points in STR/DEX or is it via stone only? Cant fot the life of me remember.

You're basically trying to 'spike' the rear of his feet. Are you locking on to them or just hitting them? Try locking on if not. And piercing weapon damage+ (like a halberd, spear etc. - not a sword or mace). If you're not using a piercing weapon, forget the shield and go 2H. Most of the damage comes when you poke his feet a little, he'll fall down and then you score big damage on his head. So just focus on hitting the same ankle 5/6 times till he stumbles.

I was. I beat him now. I think my problem was I spent too much time trying to stay away from him and avoid his attacks. It's much easier when you get up real close to him.

I'm not sure which way I'll go yet. I might choose quality as that look like the most versatile. I've been using the spear mostly but I might start using the bastard sword to see how I like it. Thanks for explaining the weapon scale letter things. I wasn't sure how it worked.

We should have a DS screenshot thread, I wanna see dem gfx.

Em155-UVoAA_TPH

Barely better than Dark Souls 3 on PC!

Airbus Jr

Banned
Where the heck is IGN and Gamespot review?

Most speedruners and player already finised the game

Gaming website like them mustve have the game earlier than anyone else

Keihart

Surprisingly, I didn’t have that much difficulty against Penetrator but Old King in other hand.......
tenor.gif
Played almost all my fist run of the original with a long sword and shield and flute armor, ending with the full set of the prince of Boletaria but for the Old King...i just went full in naked with the Dragon Bone Smasher and some sticky white stuff.

Grinchy

Banned
HDR really makes the magic pop. When the jailers in 3-1 shoot their soul arrows at you, the insane bright blue lighting up everything as it flies toward you is a crazy contrast to the dark and murky surroundings. The brightness of it is damn near blinding in a very good way.

JimiNutz

Banned
Where the heck is IGN and Gamespot review?

Most speedruners and player already finised the game

Gaming website like them mustve have the game earlier than anyone else

I heard that the ign reviewer was one of the first people in the world to beat the game.

ign must be taking time to polish their review.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Em155-UVoAA_TPH

Barely better than Dark Souls 3 on PC!
Absolutely ridiculous. Best graphics I've ever seen really.

but this is my first Souls game im actually taking seriously, and I just foudn out you only get a checkpoint AFTER beating a boss? :| I will never beat this shit

Last edited:
Please, tell me you're joking. I replayed Dark souls 3 on pc recently, at max settings and it doesnt even come close to that screen from demon's souls in terms of graphical fidelity

Sarcasm, because that's what I've actually seen a few people say believe it or not. No slight to Dark Souls 3, but we're talking about the best graphics ever seen in gaming versus not even From Software's best looking game.

Bartski

Gold Member
Looking for a good detaled rundown of how world tendency works here and how it differs from the original. I only played the old version after servers went down so not sure about the online component at all here.

DLK6KNw.jpg

nicked from r/demonssouls

This one still leaves me confused as to ways of pushing the tendency from white towards PURE white.

Killing black phantom invaders or primeval demons as described can shift from black to white, not pure white which is the state required for pure white events.

Are there new mechanics regarding online that affect it, like helping out as blue phantom? Or if you die once in human form you're basically never gonna get to pure white so it's white+2 maximum till NG+?

I know you can stick to soul form all the way, but I really want to play with multiplayer, get invaded as human, summon and be summoned, and suiciding in nexus after killing bosses is just silly.

EDIT:

Beating an invading player = +1

Ok, that's all I need to know :)

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hrm, can’t help other people with Tower Knight. Every time I’m summoned I get booted out halfway through the battle with a network error. Seems it’s a common thing right now.

Ar¢tos

Looking for a good detaled rundown of how world tendency works here and how it differs from the original. I only played the old version after servers went down so not sure about the online component at all here.

DLK6KNw.jpg

nicked from r/demonssouls

This one still leaves me confused as to ways of pushing the tendency from white towards PURE white.

Killing black phantom invaders or primeval demons as described can shift from black to white, not pure white which is the state required for pure white events.

Are there new mechanics regarding online that affect it, like helping out as blue phantom? Or if you die once in human form you're basically never gonna get to pure white so it's white+2 maximum till NG+?

I know you can stick to soul form all the way, but I really want to play with multiplayer, get invaded as human, summon and be summoned, and suiciding in nexus after killing bosses is just silly.
Killing bosses gives 1 point towards white, not an instant one, you need to go to the nexus for the point to be counted.
Killing an invader will also give 1 point towards white, BUT I don't know if online works on average server tendency like the original or if online now is just for the MP like with the private server (ps3).

I prefer wikidot guide for the Tendency system :

Bartski

Gold Member
Killing an invader will also give 1 point towards white, BUT I don't know if online works on average server tendency like the original or if online now is just for the MP like with the private server (ps3).
[/URL]

Yeah that's also what I'm looking for. I only played it offline where it was possible to forget you are in body form after a boss and die, for example after flamelurker and then basically the archstone is screwed cause there were no ways to push it towards perfect white anymore until NG+. If killing human invaders affects the tendency towards white that's great news and should be enough.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Played almost all my fist run of the original with a long sword and shield and flute armor, ending with the full set of the prince of Boletaria but for the Old King...i just went full in naked with the Dragon Bone Smasher and some sticky white stuff.
Yeah, during my fight with Penetrator I quickly find out that trying to fight defensively with shield with this guy is useless, so I just ditch all my heavy armour and shield and just used wing spear +7 and just concentrate on dodging his attacks.

I guess I will try do the same with Old King.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Pour one out for Souls Cheese. You can no longer kill False King Allant with Poison Cloud or Death Cloud.

You can still kill Doran with either, though.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
ultra fast ssd is continuously blowing my freakin mind.. right now I’m farming the grim reaper below the 2nd bonfire in Shrine of Storms. without the long load times you can farm souls super fast

I honestly didn't think I would ever beat that damn tower knight. Feeling like I can take on the world now. What should my main leveling focuses be with the hunter class? I've put a few levels on strength, vitality and endurance.

bronk

Banned
In the first level. How do i get the item where u save the knight and he jumps off the ledge. I totally forget how to get up there.

Last edited:
I still hate hate hate World 5. Incredibly dark environments with narrow walkways and lots of pits of doom (not to mention plague rats) apparently still is not my thing, 12 years later.
In the first level. How do i get the item where u save the knight and he jumps off the ledge. I totally forget how to get up there.
If it's where I think you are talking about
when you first enter that side of the fog gate there's a set of stairs overlooking a ledge with a lip. From the top of the staircase you can jump down on to the lip, and then run down the lip and fall on the platform.

bronk

Banned
I still hate hate hate World 5. Incredibly dark environments with narrow walkways and lots of pits of doom (not to mention plague rats) apparently still is not my thing, 12 years later.

If it's where I think you are talking about
when you first enter that side of the fog gate there's a set of stairs overlooking a ledge with a lip. From the top of the staircase you can jump down on to the lip, and then run down the lip and fall on the platform.
Ill check that out thank you!

Chiggs

Gold Member
Hrm, can’t help other people with Tower Knight. Every time I’m summoned I get booted out halfway through the battle with a network error. Seems it’s a common thing right now.

Lag is atrocious right now, too. I feel bad for people who have to do the Old Monk fight. Both sides.

Last edited:

vpance

Somehow the black guy in the Nexus died. I dropped down a ledge beside him bumping him slightly and he got mad a bit and told me off. Next time I booted the game up he was gone. Weird.

Reyziak

Somehow the black guy in the Nexus died. I dropped down a ledge beside him bumping him slightly and he got mad a bit and told me off. Next time I booted the game up he was gone. Weird.
I take it that you killed three bosses? Cause the Crestfallen Warrior dies after you do that.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I FINALLY beat the Old King, maybe I'm just rusty but I had tougher time with this guy more than sword saint isshin in Sekiro. Mostly because most of his attack can one shot kill me.

2AdEPT

I took out Adjucator last night. Didn’t know about that wound in his left side just smack that a bit and he goes down super easy.
My glass cannon character tried using the cresent falchion on his injury thing but it wasnt enough....I climbed the stiars and soul ray'd his face straight up in hyper mode! (so far only clever rats ring and ring of magical sharpness). There is a short cut skip for this boss if people get there and dont want to run all the way around. It works on this re-release. I dont have a saved video of it yet but its on my Twitch saved videos...basically you jump of the top the ledge with the archers on top at the far side to the right where there is stairs down adn a few boards are sticking out.
I honestly didn't think I would ever beat that damn tower knight. Feeling like I can take on the world now. What should my main leveling focuses be with the hunter class? I've put a few levels on strength, vitality and endurance.
Awesome! Endurance is the most important as it allows you to keep swinging without getting staggered. As a new player vitality is good. Keep in mind your stat bonus for the weapon you wnat to use though...strength or dex or both, but you can also go faith route, magic route, even poison etc. its worth it to check wikis for all that stuff as it isisnt intuitive the way its laid out.
There is a door way guarded by a blue eyed knight.

Im having a blast but Im rusty as hell. Spent waaaay too much time on the Fools idol and adjudicator (which are usually the easier gimmick bosses LOL). Early on Hyper Mode has been punishing as even one mistake and its a one hit kill. Still its fun to stream live and keep going. Thanks to those that have joined me and hung out...its more fun that way for me. Going live now and working my way down to Old Hero and storm king[I/SPOILER] where we will acquire the boss souls for second chance and the Morion blade. HAving trouble linking the twitch channel but here is another attenpt:

Last edited:
Top Bottom