• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: Lightfall Launch Trailer Released at State of Play

Yeah, it's an underwhelming DLC. Especially storywise. Unless your're a harcore destiny player I can't recommend lightfall.

I'm having fun with strand. And the new loadout system is awsome. Even if mods right now feel a little watered down.

And yet the ever increasing greed of Bungie somehow decided raising the price to $50 for just this expansion was justified?

Unbelievable .. I'm still so mad at this company for "vaulting" so much stuff, including one of the best destiny 2 expansions. They have more nerve and less respect for their audience than any other developer.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
And yet the ever increasing greed of Bungie somehow decided raising the price to $50 for just this expansion was justified?

Unbelievable .. I'm still so mad at this company for "vaulting" so much stuff, including one of the best destiny 2 expansions. They have more nerve and less respect for their audience than any other developer.

Vaulting and sun setting was such bullshit. What’s the point when you keep bringing back sun setted weapons? This is the 3rd time I’m getting the Nameless Midnight…. My last one was fine.

sainraja

Vaulting and sun setting was such bullshit. What’s the point when you keep bringing back sun setted weapons? This is the 3rd time I’m getting the Nameless Midnight…. My last one was fine.
I think when they were sunsetting weapons, they had no plans of changing that. It was due to the community backlash that they got rid of that.
So, because of that and the newer perks, they are reintroducing some of the older weapons. Yeah, they could just flip the switch and un-sunset the older weapons for those who still held on to them but I think they don't want some of the older perks to be in play anymore.

sainraja

If you are a play once and done kind of guy, then I can understand what you are saying. The thing is, if you actually play daily, the vaulting of the content isn't going to affect you that much. Anyhow, they aren't going to vault campaigns anymore and hopefully they will bring back the campaigns in some form that have been vaulted.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So is this any good? thanks to the help in this thread it turns out I own everything up until this expansion as I purchased for my son.

sainraja

Too often it has "immune" status. (or whatever...can't damage it).

It feels like you are just tickling him with primary.
Yeah, there were times in this encounter where I felt like I was doing nothing to him.

Also, I love the way the new "commendation" screens look.

SRddNPl.jpg

sainraja

So is this any good? thanks to the help in this thread it turns out I own everything up until this expansion as I purchased for my son.
I mean, I am really enjoying it so far. If you own everything, then you might as well "jump" in and give it a try. You can invest in the expansion after getting the feel of the game again.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Every time I try to look at the commendation screen on ps5 the game crashes….

Shubh_C63

Solo legendary weren't that hard but oh boy the last boss fight is really kicking my ass. Dropped using Strand and sticked to Voidlock but still not an easy or fun boss.

Overall, yeah I have never been this disinterested in Destiny since I started playing from Season of Arrival. Back to Hogwarts I guess.

Ogbert

Solo legendary weren't that hard but oh boy the last boss fight is really kicking my ass. Dropped using Strand and sticked to Voidlock but still not an easy or fun boss.

Overall, yeah I have never been this disinterested in Destiny since I started playing from Season of Arrival. Back to Hogwarts I guess.
Dude.

Kudos for beating it on legendary as it kicked my ass on normal. That fight is no joke and I can’t see many newbies getting past it. Had to fallback on old Witherhoard. I still stuck with strand for the grapple reload, but I seriously have no idea who thought it was a good idea to have it in an open arena where you can fall off.

That fight did not get play tested.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

We doing a launch review thread or just talking here?

Sounds disappointing and this is really the trend I hate with Destiny. Every big extra galactic scale bad comes and it’s just like, Bob from over there. Oryx wreaked havoc on a galactic scale and we’re just like you’re a weapon now. The worms that tricked them talk like dorks. The darkness that was the primary enemy for the whole 10 years is here and it’s just super casual. Then there’s this other guy behind the darkness for reasons I take it are left unexplained and….This just keeps happening. There never feels like a satisfying conclusion because there has to be a next expansion to sell.

gatti-man

I haven’t loved destiny since Taken King exp and I can’t stop playing it so yeah I’d say it’s good. I’m legit having a blast with it.

gatti-man

Dude.

Kudos for beating it on legendary as it kicked my ass on normal. That fight is no joke and I can’t see many newbies getting past it. Had to fallback on old Witherhoard. I still stuck with strand for the grapple reload, but I seriously have no idea who thought it was a good idea to have it in an open arena where you can fall off.

That fight did not get play tested.
If you use a Titan it’s pretty easy. Use the auto rifle exotic primary sweet business and armor exotic actium war rig. Melt boss behind cover. Kill the mini boss adds when they spawn. Melt boss. Save heavy ammo for when the arena gets smaller. Game over. Took me 3 tries once I switched load outs.

Sweet business + actium is pretty ridiculous in this expansion honestly.

Last edited:

Thedtrain

The gameplay, as always, is good with the expansion. I feel a little bit like they shouldn't have hyped it up like they did. Where's all the new weapons? I'm chasing the same guns/gun models from 3 years ago. Vendors don't have anything new. This is kinda just another seasonal update plus a new subclass.

Strand is fun for me. The grapple with the aspect that makes your cooldown like :15 is great.

PVP is just an after thought at this point and that stinks but I can play Warzone I guess for that competitive itch.

The story was garbage and neumuna feels too clean and empty. 5/10

Top Bottom