• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen |OT|

Dthomp

Can you play destiny solo? I want to get into this but no one I know plays.
You can, but my experience the last couple months sololeave you wanting more. It’s best with others, outside of campaign…I like running that solo. What system you on?

DeaDPo0L84

Yes, but also you don't need to know anyone personally. There is an app that makes it extremely easy to group up for nearly every activity imaginable, even raids if you're willing to communicate and be patient.

Just take the game at your own pace, there can be a pressure to rush through everything to reach max level, ignore it. Enjoy what you want when you want, there are always people doing whatever it is you're doing at the time you're doing it, that's the beauty of Destiny.

Dthomp

I plan on trying to make a run at legend campaign solo…if that’s even doable. If not after running regular one, I’d be willing to group up with others here to make a group effort at legend.

sainraja

I think there are two camps here, those who have felt burned from either the changes over the years, to paid content being removed from the game, or just burnout, to the 2nd camp, so many people use discord that communities have kind of fallen apart. I'd love a thriving community here of others to play with all the time. I see this in clans too online, Discord Required, 100+ Raids cleared, Daily Participation Required. The community itself has done a number on something that was originally supposed to be get on with 3-6 friends and have a good time.
Yeah I mostly spend my time in discord or reddit when it comes to Destiny.

Here is the new GAF clan Robot Carnival Robot Carnival and I set up…

Crossplay is fine with me so all platforms are allowed, and no dumb requirements or anything, though at least text chat would probably be preferable in high level content.

I’ll try to send out invites to those who posted IDs later on. If anyone else wants in, just ping me.

you can play most of the in game activities solo. it's still an online game so some of the activities will put you into auto match making teams. some of the end game activities will require you in a team thou, preferably a team that can communicate with each other.

Dthomp

Fun…the never ending launch day que. funny how the big paid streamer guys never seem to be in the que….

LordCBH

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Me sitting at work watching my clans discord server pop off with people playing.

Here is the new GAF clan Robot Carnival Robot Carnival and I set up…

Crossplay is fine with me so all platforms are allowed, and no dumb requirements or anything, though at least text chat would probably be preferable in high level content.

I’ll try to send out invites to those who posted IDs later on. If anyone else wants in, just ping me.
I sent a join request. Still going back and forth if playing on PS5 or XSX.

MikeM

You can, but my experience the last couple months sololeave you wanting more. It’s best with others, outside of campaign…I like running that solo. What system you on?
Main PS5 but have it linked with my Series X account too. Same character across both.

Dthomp

Main PS5 but have it linked with my Series X account too. Same character across both.
What’s your psn? I can shoot ya a friend request and try to help out with stuff after the initial dust settles for this campaign I’ll never get into

Dthomp

PATHETIC that another new Destiny 2 content release that has server issues.
Yup, 7 years of the same crap. You know day 1 of dlc is the busiest day, you’d think they open up a few more servers or whatever. They got theirs and Sony money now, let’s stop being bush league

Dthomp

I was going to get it, then I realized all the other expansions don't come with it.

Yeah not paying $300 to play a 5/10 game. Unless that changed. Think my Light level is still 1300+
His game is way past due for a Taken King level of reset (why do our guns need to go to 1500?) and a complete edition version of the game with smaller file sizes so that maybe they’d stop removing a third of the game every paid dlc.

iHaunter

His game is way past due for a Taken King level of reset (why do our guns need to go to 1500?) and a complete edition version of the game with smaller file sizes so that maybe they’d stop removing a third of the game every paid dlc.
I literally lost access to one of Sub-Classes.

sainraja

I was going to get it, then I realized all the other expansions don't come with it.

Yeah not paying $300 to play a 5/10 game. Unless that changed. Think my Light level is still 1300+
Beyond Light + The Witch Queen is really all you need to jump in right now (Beyond Light due to Stasis and I think it is on sale right now).

Last edited:

Dthomp

Love that there is so limited time to level for day 1 raid and I’ll get to spend three hours in the que not playing the game….sweet 🙄

iHaunter

Beyond Light + The Witch Queen is really all you need to jump in right now (Beyond Light due to Stasis and I think it is on sale right now).
I might just pick it up. I reached 1300 something. Been playing with my friend. So annoying that PC to XSX cross-play has mic issues.

Dthomp

I might just pick it up. I reached 1300 something. Been playing with my friend. So annoying that PC to XSX cross-play has mic issues.
Cross play has mic issues with all the platforms. Tried doing a dungeon with a pc guy and another ps guy. Heard the ps guy just fine, barely could hear any of what the pc guy was saying. It sucks, but it’s the reason I prefer to stick with same console players when I can

usually I would be playing some brain dead stuff in game while I WFH, but since this is new expansion and new content, I'll just wait until I'm off work and give it my full attention instead.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Cross play has mic issues with all the platforms. Tried doing a dungeon with a pc guy and another ps guy. Heard the ps guy just fine, barely could hear any of what the pc guy was saying. It sucks, but it’s the reason I prefer to stick with same console players when I can
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass.

Kerotan

do people need Beyond Light for access to Stasis or can they get it without the expansion? if not then yeah just get Witch Queen.

yeah. I think that translates to about couple hundred shards if I turn them all in and dismantle them all.
Ah fuck it lol. Easy come easy go.

Finally got in and played the first mission. Seems pretty cool so far!

However, this orb change is absolutely dreadful, and IMO the worst thing they've done since sunsetting. I predict it's going to get a ton of backlash and eventually be changed.

Dthomp

Finally got in and played the first mission. Seems pretty cool so far!

However, this orb change is absolutely dreadful, and IMO the worst thing they've done since sunsetting. I predict it's going to get a ton of backlash and eventually be changed.
I actually like it, orbs were far too easy to get over and over again. There are helmet mods now that can be equiped to make them

I actually like it, orbs were far too easy to get over and over again. There are helmet mods now that can be equiped to make them
I currently have the kinetic one equipped. The thing I don't like are the others where you have to match element types. If it was just one or two mods that covered all weapons I'd have been fine with it.

I just read the patch notes... they nerfed Protective Light too. I think this whole thing was them nerfing the entire orb system without actually coming out and saying it.

Having said that, it's still cool to FINALLY be making orbs with Thorn.

sainraja

Cool. Also with the Witch Queen, you will be bumped up to 1350. I've only played with a friend on PC once where I was using a mic and I think we were just using discord. But I do use the D2 companion app to do raids where you usually need a mic so I am sure I have joined up with people on the PC etc. What sort of issues have you experienced?

iHaunter

Cool. Also with the Witch Queen, you will be bumped up to 1350. I've only played with a friend on PC once where I was using a mic and I think we were just using discord. But I do use the D2 companion app to do raids where you usually need a mic so I am sure I have joined up with people on the PC etc. What sort of issues have you experienced?
He can hear me, but I can't hear him. Works on Discord, but it's a pain in the ass because he uses a TV. So he has to use phone for disc.

Last edited:

sainraja

I think almost all BL activity is being vaulted and its exotics weren't must have atleast when compared to Forsaken.

I would say only to buy WQ. I think bungie has internal system where they will give free cypher currency for Forsaken Exotics (the only thing worth in that expansion) so you can get them in game. If not, forsaken prices are not changing. And Campaign of any Destiny expansions really isn't worth it, including Forsaken especially after the hype is over.
WQ campaign may be promising though.
I don't think any main activity from Beyond Light is getting vaulted. Unless I missed that news?
I know Forsaken campaign (not BL) is gone and we lose access to activities tied to the previous seasons (Presage/Harbinger). Exotic weapons you can get from the Monument of Light so those aren't gone, gone.

He can hear me, but I can't hear him.
Oh weird. That is definitely odd. If you guys try again, see if the chat settings were set to Fireteam vs Team chat — you and your friend would be considered Fireteam and your team is basically who you both are grouped up with (unless it was just you two.) If that wasn't the issue, then yeah, that's weird and hopefully its fixed.

Last edited:
In Florida and on vacation doing the Disney thing. First launch I ever missed but will be ready to jump in Thursday morning. Liking what i read so far.

Is it just me or is hype pretty limited for this one
I think due to the way they deliver story now it’s a lot more hyped in the community. (People that play daily, read up on Reddit, listen to the podcasts, etc etc) compared to people who only play AAA that only come out once a year

Top Bottom