• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen |OT|

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I played first mission and got back to mars and so far… it’s kind of meh. It’s early going still of course. I’m sure there is more but it feels like they are just adding storyline to extend the storyline rather than lead to a conclusion.

Did they do something to risk runner as well? It doesn’t feel the same

IMO - The best story bits for Destiny 2 aren't in the game. They're in the extended lore. The game is to play around in the art and the actual gameplay with loot.

sainraja

I haven't jumped into the new dungeon yet. Nowadays, I mostly login to do some crucible and maybe a strike or two.

Last edited:
I played first mission and got back to mars and so far… it’s kind of meh. It’s early going still of course. I’m sure there is more but it feels like they are just adding storyline to extend the storyline rather than lead to a conclusion.

Did they do something to risk runner as well? It doesn’t feel the same

I think it's more to get all the stuff that had been hinted at or mentioned in the past into a conclusion. the later parts of the Witch Queen main storyline gets better for sure.

also, regarding Riskrunner, I don't think there had been any changes to it. maybe the overall exotic weapon damage buff and that's about it off the top of my head.

I haven't jumped into the new dungeon yet. Nowadays, I mostly login to do some crucible and maybe a strike or two.

I feel the new dungeons are definitely worth trying. the weapon drops are pretty good and the dungeons themselves are actually pretty fun too.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Well… what happened to the tower and zavala?! I logged in a few weeks ago for the first time in like a year and again today… I’m totally lost

if you're just looking to get some high stat armors from the event for your other character and doesn't care about the glow and stuff, looks like you can cheese it.

It's not artifice armor right? So it seems like maybe it's better if you're trying to get really specific stat rolls but grinding Master Duality is probably more fun and ultimately results in much more useful armor.

These events have the reverse effect on me. Normally I'd have logged in this week but the idea of hopping on and getting bombarded with all the Solstice stuff makes me queasy.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Tried to check out this Solstice thingy, and gotta say...Bungies idea of fun and my idea of fun are just completely different. I feel like I am an intelligent dude, but man my head is spinning trying to understand all the what seems like extra unnecessary do dads that this event has going on. Plus the whole, run boring shit you've done 10,000x to get leaves THEN you can run the bonfire thing will never EVER be a fun way to do an event. Bonfire was fun enough, find ways to keep people in THAT and reward them with drops, none of the extra steps are needed

splattered

Tried to check out this Solstice thingy, and gotta say...Bungies idea of fun and my idea of fun are just completely different. I feel like I am an intelligent dude, but man my head is spinning trying to understand all the what seems like extra unnecessary do dads that this event has going on. Plus the whole, run boring shit you've done 10,000x to get leaves THEN you can run the bonfire thing will never EVER be a fun way to do an event. Bonfire was fun enough, find ways to keep people in THAT and reward them with drops, none of the extra steps are needed

Agree 100% ... my son kept hyping this as the next thing to look forward to in D2, but once it hit and i looked at it... i said naw. I just don't want to go grind all the same crap i've been doing the last however many years again. Sorry bungie you're starting to lose me as a player :/ Too many other things out there to play.

Tried the Solstice stuff out but it seems like a colossal grind to do it for all 3 characters so I said fuck it. The armor doesn't seem much better than the ones they just hand you in the battle passes anyway, so whatever.

Still in the process of crafting the season weapons. Incandescent is probably my favorite perk in the game, it's a beast on the Mini Tool and Without Remorse.

Tried the Solstice stuff out but it seems like a colossal grind to do it for all 3 characters so I said fuck it. The armor doesn't seem much better than the ones they just hand you in the battle passes anyway, so whatever.

Still in the process of crafting the season weapons. Incandescent is probably my favorite perk in the game, it's a beast on the Mini Tool and Without Remorse.

Using ghost mod+solstice, you can get 22+12+2 in the top/bottom half of stats and it split up in the other half.

e.g. Ghost on resilience, solstice on recovery will 100% get you
2 Mobility
12 Resilience
22 Recovery
36 split between Discipline, Intellect and Strength

You would then need to re-roll only to get the 3rd 100 in the 36 split, so its not even much of a grind to get the stats you want. There's no other way in the game to get 100 in 3 stats

Last edited:
Using ghost mod+solstice, you can get 22+12+2 in the top/bottom half of stats and it split up in the other half.

e.g. Ghost on resilience, solstice on recovery will 100% get you
2 Mobility
12 Resilience
22 Recovery
36 split between Discipline, Intellect and Strength

You would then need to re-roll only to get the 3rd 100 in the 36 split, so its not even much of a grind to get the stats you want. There's no other way in the game to get 100 in 3 stats
Don't you have to pretty much grind out all the kindling challenges on each character?

I think my main problem is the activity itself. Find it very boring and got sick of it after the first handful of times because it's now just yet another horde/ball throwing mode. Honestly I find it less engaging than the previous version where you would hunt for stuff at the end of the match.

Don't you have to pretty much grind out all the kindling challenges on each character?

I think my main problem is the activity itself. Find it very boring and got sick of it after the first handful of times because it's now just yet another horde/ball throwing mode. Honestly I find it less engaging than the previous version where you would hunt for stuff at the end of the match.

You only had to do the challenges on 1 character as the kindling is per armor slot. Meaning all you had to do was for example; buy 9x Hunter helmets from the NPC, transfer it your Warlock that completed all the challenges and change the stats on it.

I don't spend much time on games, but even for a casual player like me I managed 3x 100 stats on 2 characters. There was an exploit in the Ghost mission to get fast Leaves and then another exploit to convert them all in the activity in 10 seconds with a Titan.

Last edited:
You only had to do the challenges on 1 character as the kindling is per armor slot. Meaning all you had to do was for example; buy 9x Hunter helmets from the NPC, transfer it your Warlock that completed all the challenges and change the stats on it.

I don't spend much time on games, but even for a casual player like me I managed 3x 100 stats on 2 characters. There was an exploit in the Ghost mission to get fast Leaves and then another exploit to convert them all in the activity in 10 seconds with a Titan.
Interesting, maybe I'll see if I can fiddle around with it tonight.

Are the exploits fixed? I know the Fynch one was patched but there was another campaign mission that was just as good. I'm still leaning towards ignoring the event and sticking w/ Master Duality armor. Artifice slot, great stats, but obviously not as easy to mix and match to get perfectly rounded stat tiers. And hitting tier 10 is a lot more important than it used to be.

Honestly this whole thing feels like a test run for armor crafting to me. I would not be surprised at all if it gets added alongside weapons in the future.

splattered

Honestly this whole thing feels like a test run for armor crafting to me. I would not be surprised at all if it gets added alongside weapons in the future.

That could make the game a bit less grindy, i'd be in favor of that depending on how they handle it. I've lost interest again until next season drops... didn't even really do solstice, didn't see the point. Yeah i missed out on "perfect" armor but i already have good rolls for several builds so no sense in driving myself crazy doing the same stuff i've been doing years and years

was farming the GM over the weekend (got pretty much all my exotic armors maxed), and had a pretty hilarious run. at the part where you drop down to throw the switch, we some how screwed up and wiped there but the game didn't throw us back to orbit. I ended up alt F4 out of the game and got back in to rez everyone and finished the GM. was pretty funny that it actually works.

Dibbs

Well it's soon autumn again and I have the itch to play D2 again. I dont know what it is but in my book, autumn and Destiny 2 is the perfect combo, lol. Looking forward to play through the WQ campaign.

I think weapon crafting is the only reason I haven't completely dropped the game for this season. Even though it's a big grind, the weapons are great once you get them crafted the right way.

The seasonal activity has gotten extremely stale though, and I have zero idea why there's no MM for it. Having to constantly reload into instances is just a pain and I hope they never do it again.

Dthomp

I think weapon crafting is the only reason I haven't completely dropped the game for this season. Even though it's a big grind, the weapons are great once you get them crafted the right way.

The seasonal activity has gotten extremely stale though, and I have zero idea why there's no MM for it. Having to constantly reload into instances is just a pain and I hope they never do it again.

I like the idea of crafting, but man after trying to play some this season, the investment for it is far too much.

Dthomp

Man, I wanna level up to try out the new season, but this game has gotten nuts with most pinnacles require a fire team, in which I have none and I hate lfgs

Ive been away from D2 for 6 months and man it feels like a different game. Overwhelmed. 😅 Guess I’ll be doing the WQ campaign along with the seasonal stuff once it drops

yeah, do the WQ main campaign and it should get you to 1540 or 1550 at the very least I think. plus a piece of exotic armor (with low stat thou). for the most part, you should be able to solo it, even at the higher difficulty that gives you more loot. but if you're having trouble, just let us know and we can run it together.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

Looks like there is a Fortnite x Destiny crossover coming soon. Destiny is going to be on epic store front as well..

God help us all

Looks like there is a Fortnite x Destiny crossover coming soon. Destiny is going to be on epic store front as well..

God help us all

as much as I dislike Fortnite, I suppose exposure is exposure. could bring in new players too. of course, then again, we'll have the problem of having Fortnite players in the game... :messenger_tears_of_joy:

all jokes aside, I had I think my best PvP moment the other day. was doing some Survival for one of the seasonal challenge, and on the last round (we at match point with 3 wins on both teams) both my team mates got knocked out and the other team still have 2 players left. sudden death came up and the capture point is out. I was on Dawnblade Warlock and had super still, so I pop the super and went onto the point. the 2 enemies from the other team came at me from 2 different directions, but I was able to kill both with super and win the round and the game. probably my most epic moment in PvP ever :messenger_beaming:

I pretty much hate Fortnite but I don't dislike the way that armor looks. My issue is if it becomes a slippery slope where they put in increasingly ridiculous shit like clowns, Kratos, Santa Claus etc. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Also curious if this means other crossovers are on the table too or just Fortnite.

I pretty much hate Fortnite but I don't dislike the way that armor looks. My issue is if it becomes a slippery slope where they put in increasingly ridiculous shit like clowns, Kratos, Santa Claus etc. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Also curious if this means other crossovers are on the table too or just Fortnite.

I think the Bungie art department had done enough to prove that they would find some style that fits the game best for the most part. I highly doubt clowns and Santa would get in the game as some armor set.

as for crossovers, I don't mind seeing something that fits the theme of the game. off the top of my head, some stuff from the Final Fantasy series would fit pretty well. a Black Mage or White Mage inspire get up for Warlock. Dragoon or Paladin inspire set for Titan. and maybe a Thief or Ninja inspire set for Hunter. stuff like Doom, Half Life, Mass Effect, Dead Space, can all provide some very interesting armor sets too.

I would love to see stuff like Halo, Doom or Mass Effect. Only issue is I dunno if those first 2 would be possible since MS owns them, and they really tiptoed around Halo with the 30th anniversary.

splattered

I didnt finish last season stuff.... i mean i got full base level 1570, season pass well over 100 etc, reaper title etc... but now i'm back in the tower and zavala has a quest "Legacy: High Alert: Anomaly Detected - H.E.L.M." and when i click into it he has an ascendant shard. Mine are full in inventory and even postmaster has one/some sitting there. I can't claim it what should i do?

working, so can't really watch the live stream, but did watch the trailers during break.

I think this new season seems fun and with the Arc 3.0 rework, it should be another fun season to run stuff.

King's Fall should be awesome too. and looks like Touch Of Malice is already confirmed through the trailer (the Titan was holding it in one shot) so that's good for me already. I also love the weapons from the raid back in the days, the pulse rifle in particular, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on those. most likely I won't be doing day 1, but we'll see if anyone is interested.

Lightfall looks interesting. the green stringy energy we'll use seems kinda cool, but I'll have to see it in action and get some more detail on what it can do before I'm really sold on it. outside of the usual hype that comes with a new expansion, I would say I'm not that into it just yet. maybe once we get more gameplays and details.

I didnt finish last season stuff.... i mean i got full base level 1570, season pass well over 100 etc, reaper title etc... but now i'm back in the tower and zavala has a quest "Legacy: High Alert: Anomaly Detected - H.E.L.M." and when i click into it he has an ascendant shard. Mine are full in inventory and even postmaster has one/some sitting there. I can't claim it what should i do?

just skip it and come back when you have space. go level up a piece of legendary armor or something. also, it'll give you an exotic sparrow too.

LordCBH

Do what I did: go to the monument of lost light and buy a sunsetted legendary pinnacle weapon for one shard. I went with Randy’s throwing knife

ok, caught up on the live stream stuff. a little more sold on the backdrop of Lightfall and the Strand thing now that I've seen more of it. and the fact that we'll be getting loadout and LFGs in game is definitely a good thing. not sure how good that whole commendation thing would work, but we'll see I guess.

LordCBH

Couldn’t finish challenge mode on Kings Fall cause we didn’t have enough time….but we got a clear on contest mode at least! Warpriest was roughhhhhh

Top Bottom