• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Ghost Edition revealed [Collector's]

Same for me right now . Still trying to decide how I go about it to be honest. I have time to think about it though, which is good. I like the LE Box a lot.... Wish it was inside too.

it boils down to $50 for the figure.

ehhhh I could put that towards Dragon Age.

I am so torn but for now I guess I am going to keep my Ghost edition.

LAA

Any UK people mad enough to get the Ghost Edition from Game lol? I'm actually considering it...ugh.

Not me. Would like it for under £100 (The price it should be), and I feel insulted at the price its currently at. Though it seems pretty much everywhere except the US is getting ripped off price wise, not that it makes it fine.

I just simply refuse to buy it at that price. I know theres VAT in UK for games, so not expecting exactly how much the $ value should be in £, but exactly the same as in £ as the $ value? They just have some cheek.

Even in 2 minds about the normal LE atm, I would really like a limited edition, (Ghost Edition best case scenerio, though its Game only too, which is even worse...), £88 is still pretty pricy for it considering what you're getting. Who knows if its even truly limited. Halo Reach wasnt it seemed...(Though don't regret buying it at all, one of my best LE's imo, just find it misleading is all)

Krathoon

Gold Member
Hah. I snagged a PS4 GE on Amazon a few minutes ago. I'll let that marinade a bit and cancel the other pre-orders when it feels solid.

The LE box is really cool but I would probably end up just putting the steelbook with my other games anyways. That is what I did for Halo 4 and Mass Effect 3.

you can see in the unboxing video its not exactly "inside" it has the same steel book and leather book but its not inside the cool little magnetic clasp box.

Ah, I see. It's hard to tell for sure from the video. They do go into detail about how nice the LE box is, and then go on to say the LE box is inside the Ghost Edition. Kinda lame if the actual box isn't in it.

Makes my decision harder. The steel tin is neither here nor there for me. And I won't buy both.

Hoodbury

I did notice on the best buy website that they are having a playable Destiny demo at select stores on July 19th. No other details of what type of demo it is though. Would assume it's just the beta but who knows since it's only at select stores, maybe it's something different.

Ark

I dunno man. I mean it's obviously your money but how I think of it...Limited edition is £80 on Gamestop, £95 on Amazon UK. So it's generally in the ballpark or £80-95. That would mean that the toy is essentially being sold over 50 quid MINIMUM. Think about that! :/

It's day light robbery. I just don't think that little toy is worth it, even if you use your card dude, like you said, £100 is just insane lol. I think I'll end up getting the Limited Edition. Dunno if I could forgive myself if I got the Ghost Edition lol

Thinking I'll do the same thing to be honest. The toy would just end up in a box somewhere collecting dust :p

Thinking I'll do the same thing to be honest. The toy would just end up in a box somewhere collecting dust :p

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

I can't decide.

Do I really want to spend an extra $50 for.

-Ghost Replica: This is your motion-sensing Ghost, featuring lights and audio from the game. May it lead you through the Darkness.
-Letter of Introduction: These worlds were once ours. If you accept your destiny, you will be asked to do the impossible.
-Golden Age Relics, which include a Patch, Sticker, and two Chrome slides of the Traveler

this could be a stupid thing to ask but i have to!

is the steelbook the whole disc case or the game comes inside a normal disc case and the steelbook is just a fancy cover for both?

thanks in advance!

this could be a stupid thing to ask but i have to!

does steelbook is the whole disc case or the game comes inside a normal disc case and the steelbook is just a fancy cover for both?

thanks in advance!

its THE case however on the inside it is molded plastic like a normal disk case. It doesn't come out though.

see below:

steelbook_cod4.jpg

Not me. Would like it for under £100 (The price it should be), and I feel insulted at the price its currently at. Though it seems pretty much everywhere except the US is getting ripped off price wise, not that it makes it fine.

I just simply refuse to buy it at that price. I know theres VAT in UK for games, so not expecting exactly how much the $ value should be in £, but exactly the same as in £ as the $ value? They just have some cheek.

Even in 2 minds about the normal LE atm, I would really like a limited edition, (Ghost Edition best case scenerio, though its Game only too, which is even worse...), £88 is still pretty pricy for it considering what you're getting. Who knows if its even truly limited. Halo Reach wasnt it seemed...(Though don't regret buying it at all, one of my best LE's imo, just find it misleading is all)

You can try getting the Limited Edition here dude. It's just under 80 quid. It's still not great but it's better than £88-95 from other places (like Amazon).

I've never used Bestbuy UK though so maybe research first to make they're for you. Anyone here had experiences with Gamestop UK? Are they reliable?

Gah I still can't believe it's £150 for the GE. £70 difference over the Limited from Gamestop...all for a toy and some bits of paper (though they are admittedly lovely looking).

I think you did the right thing man lol.

I'm going to scream if Best Buy doesnt put it up soon. I know it'll end up happening as I go to work or fall asleep and it'll be sold out by time I see it again. I just want to preorder the X1 Ghost edition...with my 20% discount....and my $20 in rewards certificates. Best Buy pls

spookyfish

I'm going to scream if Best Buy doesnt put it up soon. I know it'll end up happening as I go to work or fall asleep and it'll be sold out by time I see it again. I just want to preorder the X1 Ghost edition...with my 20% discount....and my $20 in rewards certificates. Best Buy pls

It really is crazy how long it is taking.

They should have made one that rotated like it does in-game, almost like a Rubik's cube. im a fidgeter and Id never put that thing down.

Worst case scenario, it's an attractive, talking paperweight.

LAA

You can try getting the Limited Edition here dude. It's just under 80 quid. It's still not great but it's better than £88-95 from other places (like Amazon).

I've never used Bestbuy UK though so maybe research first to make they're for you. Anyone here had experiences with Gamestop UK? Are they reliable?

Gah I still can't believe it's £150 for the GE. £70 difference over the Limited from Gamestop...all for a toy and some bits of paper (though they are admittedly lovely looking).

Thanks for advice. Did notice it, but not sure on them yet. The way I see it, I'd rather pay the £8 to get it from ShopTo so I know I'll most likely get the game a day early or at least in time for launch (That and more towards my next gold membership).

However, I'm getting TLOU Remastered from Gamestop due to their awesome trade in deal, and I don't mind waiting for TLOU in case I don't get it day 1, as I've already beat it. So if they ship it in time I may give them a chance with Destiny if ShopTo don't drop between now and launch.

Even I can't believe £150 either... I could believe £130 (Which would still be ridiculous), but I've never seen them blatantly charge the exact same as it is in US. Would love Ghost edition, but...its mostly the same as LE really, just the Ghost, cool box and some other items I believe... Not sure its worth another £70 more for that.

Simo

I'd like to go on record that I had a easy time with GameStop yesterday in that all I had to do was call them up and switch my order to the LE without hassle or having to go up there. Cheers guys! lol

Krakn3Dfx

Bumped myself up to Limited from Standard on Amazon, don't really need to statue, but the Expansion stuff I'll end up with anyway.

And so now I have 2 beta codes, lol, the way Amazon is handing them out is pretty ludicrous, wonder how many times I could cancel and re-order and build up a ton of beta codes in the process.

Kusagari

GameStop here is sold out of ps4 and the bone. Said PS3 and 360 end today.

He also told me they're only making 10k, but take that with a grain of salt.

Thanks for advice. Did notice it, but not sure on them yet. The way I see it, I'd rather pay the £8 to get it from ShopTo so I know I'll most likely get the game a day early or at least in time for launch (That and more towards my next gold membership).

However, I'm getting TLOU Remastered from Gamestop due to their awesome trade in deal, and I don't mind waiting for TLOU in case I don't get it day 1, as I've already beat it. So if they ship it in time I may give them a chance with Destiny if ShopTo don't drop between now and launch.

Even I can't believe £150 either... I could believe £130 (Which would still be ridiculous), but I've never seen them blatantly charge the exact same as it is in US. Would love Ghost edition, but...its mostly the same as LE really, just the Ghost, cool box and some other items I believe... Not sure its worth another £70 more for that.

No problem man! Yeah that works. Whatever you feel more comfortable with. I would be cool with paying a bit more just for peace of mind.

Yeah their deal is fantastic. I might consider it myself at some point.

LAA what's your PSN ID? You sound like a cool cat, would be awesome to Destiny it up in the beta if you're playing.

I'm PhantomAlenko.

Top Bottom