• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF - Assassin's Creed Valhalla PC Hands-On: Early Tech Breakdown

T-Cake

Cripes, I hope it is a really early build - that frame rate seemed to be all over the place, even running at just normal HD resolution.

cormack12

Gold Member
1080p demo slice? Whoa.

Also wtf is up the seals at 4:20. Or is that cos im watching on mobile?

Basically saying we will probably get a black flag jump for new consoles while we wait for our true unity moment.

Last edited:

stranno

1080p demo slice? Whoa.

Also wtf is up the seals at 4:20. Or is that cos im watching on mobile?

Basically saying we will probably get a black flag jump for new consoles while we wait for our true unity moment.
Animations look really glitchy in this review copy.

7JFBxZk.gif

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
Just be careful with your trolling sir. You know what happen last time.

I'm slightly confused. So I have three questions for you.

1. Why did you accuse me of trolling?
2. What last time?
3. What happened to me in this imaginary "Last time"?

You may be mistaking me for someone else :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
As usual. Just make sure you want to take a part of the conversation.

I was taking part in the conversation. I said that I would be dissapointed if I got a next gen console and the games looked like this.

Then you showed up accusing me of being a troll (Of what, I don't know. Maybe next-gen? Who fucking knows).

Andodalf

Banned
How was this played? They say they have no idea what the PC specs are, so it wasn’t on their system, and with COVID there’s no showroom for then to have played it at. Is this pre Covid footage or was it played via game stream? Idk what else it could be

sxodan

It looks better than Odyssey no doubt, especially the grass, which has received a big overhaul as far as I can tell. I'm excited, Odyssey is one of my favourite games in the series and I hope Valhalla is everything I loved about Odyssey and more. Can't wait.

iorek21

I’m still shocked for the Ultimate Edition price here on Brazil

Not only this game is an Origins/Odyssey reskin, but also charges almost half a minimal wage for the “full experience”.

Screw you, Ubi

Going for Cyberpunk 2077

Rikkori

More than anything they have to work on their optimisation! It's pathetic how poorly odyssey uses cpu & storage and all it does it bottleneck itself. Sadly I'm not very hopeful they care.

Siri

Banned
It looks fantastic, the lighting in particular. I liked Odyssey more than Origins, but the two games had a similar look and feel. This game looks completely different. Really excited for this.

Siri

Banned
Cyberpunk should really hurt the sales of Valhalla so Valhalla will probably be half price after a month.

I don’t think so. Assassin’s Creed is one of the most popular franchises in the history of gaming. Cyberpunk was made by a developer who appeals largely to hardcore gamers.

The general consensus of this forum (Assassin’s Creed, shit - Cyberpunk, great!) doesn’t stand up outside this forum.

If anything, it will be the other way around.

Saber

Gold Member
I don’t think so. Assassin’s Creed is one of the most popular franchises in the history of gaming. Cyberpunk was made by a developer who appeals largely to hardcore gamers.

The general consensus of this forum (Assassin’s Creed, shit - Cyberpunk, great!) doesn’t stand up outside this forum.

If anything, it will be the other way around.

Disagree.

Assassin Creed is a farming like game that has every so often, in the same fashion as Farcry. Cyberpunk is a new franchise/take in the market and since its a new thing(kinda) people will receive it with open arms. Not to mention the whole hype they're building through the years.

With Ass creed, people can just skip that crap and pretend it doesn't exists because they gonna make a new one(aka recycle assets and mechanics) years later. So it's a case of "you're not losing much playing this one" case.

Siri

Banned
Disagree.

Assassin Creed is a farming like game that has every so often, in the same fashion as Farcry. Cyberpunk is a new franchise/take in the market and since its a new thing(kinda) people will receive it with open arms. Not to mention the whole hype they're building through the years.

With Ass creed, people can just skip that crap and pretend it doesn't exists because they gonna make a new one(aka recycle assets and mechanics) years later. So it's a case of "you're not losing much playing this one" case.

It’s high fantasy to believe that Assassin’s Creed is not the Harry Potter of gaming and that The Great Unwashed are waiting for Cyberpunk.

It’s been two years since Odyssey. The Great Unwashed are going to devour Valhalla.

The majority of the game buying public - the people who actually powered those 140 million units sold for Ubisoft of Assassin’s Creed - aren’t hardcore gamers. Most of them haven’t even heard of Cyberpunk.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
It’s high fantasy to believe that Assassin’s Creed is not the Harry Potter of gaming and that The Great Unwashed are waiting for Cyberpunk.

Terrible comparison.

Harry Potter is an overall great and acclaimed series. Ass creeds is nothing but a farm of a rehash game every so after a couple of years.
Not trying to downplay the game, but its what it is. People will not care about an Assassin Creeds game coming against a fresh new take in the market because they have nothing to lose skipping this game. Years later they will have a new Assassin Creeds game with a new theme but same thing all over again.

Last edited:

It’s been two years since Odyssey. The Great Unwashed are going to devour Valhalla.

The majority of the game buying public - the people who actually powered those 140 million units sold for Ubisoft of Assassin’s Creed - aren’t hardcore gamers. Most of them haven’t even heard of Cyberpunk.
Everybody I know who has a console has heard of cyberpunk - and they all barely play videogames

Last edited:

Hayriko

Imho i find the games after unity/syndicate a bit of a downgrade or i just like the visuals better there.

Top Bottom