• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF - More Switch Wii U Ports Incoming? Mario 3D World, Zelda Wind Waker + More Look Great At 1080p

Fake

There are only a few remaining Wii U games to not get a Switch port - but they're massive. Super Mario 3D World, Zelda Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, and even The Wonderful 101 are left out. And yet, there are reports circulating off several unannounced Wii U classics making such a jump to newer hardware. Tom shows how, in theory, each looks enhanced through emulation.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Considering how good the games were on the WiiU and how much I kinda haven't enjoyed Nintendo's recent output.... great! I want 'em.

Thurible

Please no. It's like nintendo is trying to forget the Wii U ever existed. What's the point of me having one if they keep porting things? Also, it takes some time away from new projects.

Fake

Please no. It's like nintendo is trying to forget the Wii U ever existed. What's the point of me having one if they keep porting things? Also, it takes some time away from new projects.
The problem is the hardware, not the software. Wii U is bad console, but you can't denny his software list.

Cravis

Nintendo why you gonna make me buy twilight princess a fourth time? Sad thing is I haven’t even made it far in the game.

Thurible

The problem is the hardware, not the software. Wii U is bad console, but you can't denny his software list.
The hardware was certainly limiting, but I feel like porting wii u games to the switch is kind of like pushing what it did and what happened under the rug. I have it because I like the games, but now that they are porting things over it loses some of its use, it becomes less special to a degree.

Fake

The hardware was certainly limiting, but I feel like porting wii u games to the switch is kind of like pushing what it did and what happened under the rug. I have it because I like the games, but now that they are porting things over it loses some of its use, it becomes less special to a degree.
Agree. In my point view they could get Wii U ports if they don't fuck the process of bringing new games for Switch.

-Arcadia-

Banned
It's like nintendo is trying to forget the Wii U ever existed.

Yes. Why wouldn’t they? It cratered at a level close to the Virtual Boy.

What's the point of me having one if they keep porting things?

To experience its games, in its time, which you did. Buying a Wii U did not give you an irrevocable license to keep those titles to yourself for all of time. If you can’t handle this, are you going to fall to pieces when the Series X comes out, and probably runs this entire generation at better resolutions and framerates?

Also, it takes some time away from new projects.

I’m sure the skeleton team/outsource team will be able to handle it just fine.

Still no reason to get a Switch. Why no new games?

It’s either trolling or retardation to comment this on a Digital Foundry article looking specifically at old games, whilst new games constantly come out for the Switch. Either way, knock it off.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
I played all these titles already. As someone with a Wii U all these ports and recycled first party aren’t fun. Wish they would just build new titles off these olds ones instead of adding a new playable character and upping the resolution.

Last edited:

crumbs

The Wii U was only "Special" in the sense it should be riding the short bus.

Not really understanding the problem with people getting the opportunity to play good games that would otherwise be anchored to a disappointing console.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Not terribly impressed by the 1080p boost, tbh. I think these games were artistically designed to look fantastic at lower resolutions like 720p, and it shows. There isn’t a whole lot that you can do to these games.

That said, I’d love to have them on Switch, with true handheld functionality (and Switch would be a big step up from streamed 480p), and something like 3D World certainly fits the Joy-Con concept to a T.

The Shepard

Wind waker please, one of my favourite zeldas! I'd also like 3d world as I never owned a wii u and definitely metriod prime trilogy.

Fbh

tumblr_mt4xurUUfp1s8ouhxo3_500.gif

Give it to me Tencen..... Platinum!!!

kiphalfton

Not terribly impressed by the 1080p boost, tbh. I think these games were artistically designed to look fantastic at lower resolutions like 720p, and it shows. There isn’t a whole lot that you can do to these games.

That said, I’d love to have them on Switch, with true handheld functionality (and Switch would be a big step up from streamed 480p), and something like 3D World certainly fits the Joy-Con concept to a T.

Never seen anybody defend 720p, in favor of higher resolution...

Not even sure if you're being serious, it's that ridiculous of a statement.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Never seen anybody defend 720p, in favor of higher resolution...

Not even sure if you're being serious, it's that ridiculous of a statement.

Who’s defending 720p? Learn context, and how to read, go through that comment again, and tell me what you find.

The detail level of something like 3D World doesn’t really lend itself to major improvements. Thus, the 1080p looks better, which was never in debate, but not to the same extent of a detail-rich game like say... first thing off my head, the new Modern Warfare.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Dont need Wind Waker. One time is enough and even then i almost quitted the game without finishing it.

Would like to see Twilight Princess and W101 :)

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
New games should be #1 on Nintendo's priority lists, however it's great Nintendo leads consoles in quality HD remasters.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Star Fox Zero would be a port that actually benefits from not being on Wii U.

From your lips to God's ear! Star Fox Zero is the most disappointing game I have ever played and yet...I long for it to be good. I will defend the Wii U till the day I leave as a great system marred by the lack of basic comprehension however, SFZ is not the game to show off.

Also PORT NINTENDOLAND AND MAKE IT ONLINE YOU COWARDS!!!!

Really hope 3D World and Twilight Princess get ports, the later because I never got around to finishing it, and the former because my wife will love it.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Please let mario 3d world rot in piece thank you

Do bring W101

Last edited:

Naibel

Wind Waker on a handheld, dear god... The dream has to be real, Nintendo would be foolish to not make that happen.

The Wii U gonna end up as the Xenoblade X machine. No gamepad screen makes this game quite the hassle to play.

PocoJoe

Banned

And switch is bad hardware with bad software. Imo wiiu is better as a home system, but switch is shitty homesystem, ok portable

For wiiu I have 80-90 games, for switch around 5.

Last edited:

Cattlyst

Anyone else notice how he pronounced the name of that other forum? I've never heard it said out loud but I didn't realise it rhymed with 'etcetera' - I always thought it was two words: reset and era. Just an observation.

Nethernova

yeah been playing mario 3d world in 4k with a bunch of AA on cemu and it looks stunning. wouldnt pass no an official release tho

Top Bottom