• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF - More Switch Wii U Ports Incoming? Mario 3D World, Zelda Wind Waker + More Look Great At 1080p

kiphalfton

What a weird thing to say.

90 games on shit console then stating the switch is bad šŸ¤£

What's that's say about the switch, if Nintendo is porting games from a shit console. I mean you could argue that the Wii U hardware itself is the issue and not the games, but let's be honest you're grouping all things Wii U related under one umbrella.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Switch can run games at 1080p? Oh wait, you mean more last gen ports to fill in the void that is 2020.

93xfan

Banned
Please no. It's like nintendo is trying to forget the Wii U ever existed. What's the point of me having one if they keep porting things? Also, it takes some time away from new projects.

you want people to be forced to buy bad hardware to play some of these games? And I doubt it takes up too many resources. It probably funds new products more than anything.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
What's that's say about the switch, if Nintendo is porting games from a shit console. I mean you could argue that the Wii U hardware itself is the issue and not the games, but let's be honest you're grouping all things Wii U related under one umbrella.
The switch is the most powerfull handheld console.

-Fin-

Cutty Flam

Banned
I would love Wind Waker. Best Zelda ever. The setting is nothing short of amazing and a true breath of fresh air. The graphics still hold up and the general gameplay and dungeons that follow are rock solid, and far better than, say, BOTW. It has aged like fine wine.
It's a wonderful entry in the TLOZ series. Charm for days, overall very well rounded and the exploring was true to the earlier games in its own modern twist of things. Great, great game

Ryu Kaiba

You make bad decisions.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping for Super Mario 3D World as it's the last of the three Wii U games that I have wanted to get a Switch port.

Ryu Kaiba

Other than wonderful 101 I don't think they're going to port the other games over, at least not for a long time. They're pretty stingy with Mario and Zelda re-releases and they had plenty of opportunities to in 2018 when they released fuck all.

baphomet

And switch is bad hardware with bad software. Imo wiiu is better as a home system, but switch is shitty homesystem, ok portable

For wiiu I have 80-90 games, for switch around 5.

No the Wii U was and is garbage.

Sorry that you wasted all that money on nothing, but the Switch is a much better console in every single aspect.

93xfan

Banned
And switch is bad hardware with bad software. Imo wiiu is better as a home system, but switch is shitty homesystem, ok portable

For wiiu I have 80-90 games, for switch around 5.

I personally skipped the WiiU waited until the Switch to get all those WiiU games.

Thereā€™s no reason for Nintendo to pass on all that money due to the WiiU not being successful

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

It's a little strange for a DF video. Why are we assuming that any wiiu port will be 1080p?

Toyko miracle isn't apparently
Bayonetta 2 isn't
Etc

I also take issue at the constant WiiU port pandering. Last year for the Switch should have proved that we should expect more and we've moved past that. Now that we have a slight dry period everyone is like.. OMG release Super Mario 3D world again. Really?

Release the ports, great but let's not be anticipating or making videos being all excited for last generation games being released again for full price.

Gargus

Banned
It was only a matter of time. That's what Nintendo does is just live off the same old games rehashed over and over again. So I'm not surprised this far into the switch and it's still just releasing previous games allover again and charging full msrp on them.

Only Nintendo could launch a new system with barely any new games, then release the same system again slightly modified again with no real new games for it, and then probably release a 3rd enchanced version again with no real new games for it. Nintendo has a gold mine going where they keep selling new hardware backed by MSRP old games.

I just hope something comes along at some point from them that makes me feel justified in buying a switch. So car links awakening and Luigi's mansion are the only games I've actually enjoyed enough to finish.

Still no reason to get a Switch. Why no new games?

The switch had some new first party games.

Arms
Ring fit adventure thing.
And........

Hey what do you need new games for when you can buy older games for 60 bucks again and buy a ton of 3rd party games for 2x or more the price they are on the other systems they have been out for on for years.

Top Bottom