• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Outriders Finally Tested! PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S - A Huge Leap Over The Demo

assurdum

Banned
AF is way better then the screen from the first page. Looks a bit lower than ps5 which I already stated twice. Shadows are very different. Earlier I said light is in a different place, but I don't think that's it at all anymore. The shadows are very different though. Not sure why.
As I said AF seems dynamic on Xbox console. Sometimes the difference seems wider sometimes a bit less. Anyway, zooming in the DF shots, specular effects on the ground on series X are gone even in the short distance compared the ps5. Isn't it exactly a bit lower for my eyes if you care of such details

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
If that’s legit current version tested then Richard has got to do some proper QA before signing off. Bad for their brand and trust is short in modern times.
I've stopped watching their comparison videos. Not so much for bias but since last year they seem okay with promoting the console warring even if they play innocent. I think omitting certain things play into that and creates more controversy. I get it, they get views out of it but I am done with it. I do still enjoy their technical breakdowns for exclusives and tech.

Mr Moose

b6c.gif

How come no one has posted screenshots of those areas yet? I thought this was on Game Pass? :messenger_weary:

assurdum

Banned
Kind of a bizarre test. Yes, the framerate has been fixed but at what cost? What is the resolution at those areas that were previously affected that are no longer affected?

I really dont care for how half assed Tom does these things.
They lowered the resolution from 1440p to 1080p in the worst cases, it's not a minor thing. Though I don't get it why they did the same on ps5 when FPS was absolutely fine in the demo...

Last edited:
Post a shot with a flat texture comparing the ground Vs the ps5 to prove it at least, because you are not exactly the most trustful source for such things. From what I see the issue seems exactly the same in the DF picture.
You can look up the patch history yourself if you want. The AF seems very similar now between both versions. Patch notes didn't specifically mention AF changes but they still improved a lot of stuff.

assurdum

Banned
You can look up the patch history yourself if you want. The AF seems very similar now between both versions. Patch notes didn't specifically mention AF changes but they still improved a lot of stuff.
So there are patch updates in the game, nothing mentioned about AF improvement, in the DF capture I continue to see a worst AF but you persist to say they improved it because you "feel it". It's not that tough. Make a capture screen about both version where the ground texture is clearly visible and prove what you said. It's not like I imagine things. In the screen posted about the DF video, the mud on Series X has clearly less specular effects in a visible way even in the short distance, I don't know what's the point to deny the evidence.

Last edited:
So there are patch updates in the game, nothing mentioned about AF improvement, in the DF capture I continue to see a worst AF but you persist to say they improved it because you "feel it". It's not that tough. Make a capture screen about both version where the ground texture is clearly visible and prove what you said. It's not like I imagine things. In the screen posted about the DF video, the mud on Series X has clearly less specular effects in a visible way even in the short distance, I don't know what's the point to deny the evidence.
I don't see it. I watched the entire video and the AF is almost the same. It was much worse before the patch.

assurdum

Banned
I don't see it. I watched the entire video and the AF is almost the same. It was much worse before the patch.
You have to have special glasses to see a difference for Sony, it are very special and expensive glasses …
You guys are laughable. Until you are happy 🤷‍♂️ There isn't clear evidence AF is improved, no one proved it but sure the problem are the Sony dude who pointed out is not the case looking at the last DF video. I don't understand if you have some glance issue or just too chilidish to admit it.

Last edited:
You guys are laughable. Until you are happy 🤷‍♂️ There isn't clear evidence AF is improved, no one proved it but sure the problem are the Sony dude who pointed out is not the case looking at the last DF video. I don't understand if you have some glance issue or just too chilidish to accept it.
Just watch the video, there is no real difference. He also compares XSS and XSX, and you can see a clear difference there, and he also mentions that the AF is worse on XSS. So it's not like he entirely forgot to look at it. He just realized it's the same on PS5 and XSX.

It's very visible here as well, mate. PS5 has better draw distance and Xbox version looks muddier few meters away. Maybe you need to view this in a bigger screen to get it?
No, what is going on in your head? The analysis is done by the experts but you ain't having any of it 🤣You could really put your spare time into something more productive I feel but it's up to you.

You guys are laughable. Until you are happy 🤷‍♂️ There isn't clear evidence AF is improved, no one proved it but sure the problem are the Sony dude who pointed out is not the case looking at the last DF video. I don't understand if you have some glance issue or just too chilidish to admit it.
It's time to go to bed for you, no more late nights!

As I said AF seems dynamic on Xbox console. Sometimes the difference seems wider sometimes a bit less. Anyway, zooming in the DF shots, specular effects on the ground on series X are gone even in the short distance compared the ps5. Isn't it exactly a bit lower for my eyes if you care of such details
Dynamic AF? WHAT!

assurdum

Banned
Just watch the video, there is no real difference. He also compares XSS and XSX, and you can see a clear difference there, and he also mentions that the AF is worse on XSS. So it's not like he entirely forgot to look at it. He just realized it's the same on PS5 and XSX.
It's not like if you repeat a thing it becomes more real eh. As I said just to need look the picture posted some page ago and you can easily how AF is not absolutely the same on series X. I haven't the tools to make a gif zoomed about the ground if someone has the time just did it but I'm frankly sad to hear spit out falsity based on the fanboyism.

Last edited:
It's not like if you repeat a thing it becomes more real eh..
This is funny, because before I got to this post I was thinking how predictable it is that every time Xbox has an advantage, however big or small, you can guarantee the usual suspects (of which you are one) will rush to pile in with as much noise and deflection as possible to drown out any positivity,

Like clockwork. Do you all distribute a list among yourselves to work from?

If scenario A happens say resolution is more important than frame rate.
If scenario B happens say frame rate is more important than resolution
If all else fails, say ‘parity is a win!’. Even when the Xbox version is better, say it’s not better enough :messenger_tears_of_joy:

assurdum

Banned
This is funny, because before I got to this post I was thinking how predictable it is that every time Xbox has an advantage, however big or small, you can guarantee the usual suspects (of which you are one) will rush to pile in with as much noise and deflection as possible to drown out any positivity,

Like clockwork. Do you all distribute a list among yourselves to work from?

If scenario A happens say resolution is more important than frame rate.
If scenario B happens say frame rate is more important than resolution
If all else fails, say ‘parity is a win!’. Even when the Xbox version is better, say it’s not better enough :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Can you point out when I ever said in any of my post what is it more important graphic wise? It's practically the whole thread where a bunch of people continue to repeat AF is the same both without prove anything when it's blatantly false and I'm like them because I just repeat to stop to spread out falsity?

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
parity is a win!’. Even when the Xbox version is better, say it’s not better enough
Pre launch Xbox rabid fans hype and FUD towards PS5… incredible quality gap predicted… do they maths ;). Reaping vs sowing and all that.

Also game quality wise you are comparing a $499 console with a $399 one hehe. Sure the Series S is even cheaper but the quality gap there is also noticeably wider and often features are missing and/or reduced.

Mr Moose

Why hasn't the tech experts picked up on this if its so easy to see? The reason is they're the same, just let it go you are wrong.
Tom is blind, this is a known fact by now.
This was picked up, by VGTech and people on here, go back to a thread about it last month-ish.
This game is "free" on Game Pass, it should be easy to prove if it was fixed or not, and yet...
Take a screenshot
People asked for screenshots, 2 days ago.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Pre launch Xbox rabid fans hype and FUD towards PS5… incredible quality gap predicted… do they maths ;). Reaping vs sowing and all that.

Also game quality wise you are comparing a $499 console with a $399 one hehe. Sure the Series S is even cheaper but the quality gap there is also noticeably wider and often features are missing and/or reduced.

If we’re bringing up the ramblings of console warriors, it goes both ways. The most wild FUD of all were all the GAF predictions of 15TF, 32GB RAM PS5. It was only after the specs reveal that they shifted from TF to SSD. Remember, PS5 SSD was supposed to save the industry and do things with games not possible on Xbox. Those of us who game on Xbox were supposed to be waiting minutes for games and textures to load while PS5 gamers got into games in half a second. Unreal Engine 5, only possible on PS5 thanks to the SSD!

Also, the $399 PS5 is the exact same as the $499 PS5 outside of a disc drive, so who gives a shit about price.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
If we’re bringing up the ramblings of console warriors, it goes both ways. The most wild FUD of all were all the GAF predictions of 15TF, 32GB RAM PS5. It was only after the specs reveal that they shifted from TF to SSD. Remember, PS5 SSD was supposed to save the industry and do things with games not possible on Xbox. Those of us who game on Xbox were supposed to be waiting minutes for games and textures to load while PS5 gamers got into games in half a second. Unreal Engine 5, only possible on PS5 thanks to the SSD!

Also, the $399 PS5 is the exact same as the $499 PS5 outside of a disc drive, so who gives a shit about price.
They're getting desperate when they bring up the $399 model. But they don't mention (off the top of my head) your limited to 5 day one releases for the whole life of the Ps5 and then it ends up costing more

assurdum

Banned

The fuck you talking about now. People who said ps5 would been 32 GB RAM and their SSD will save the industry was a common argumentation in the forum now?

Last edited:

If you’re targeting certain people (reap vs sow) who said stuff that annoyed you consider taking it to private message perhaps, so the rest of us don’t have to read the same tedious and weak warrioring over and over in every thread where the Xbox version is better?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
If you’re targeting certain people (reap vs sow) who said stuff that annoyed you consider taking it to private message perhaps, so the rest of us don’t have to read the same tedious and weak warrioring over and over in every thread where the Xbox version is better?
Not targeting people, it is just the nature of the discourse. Am I disagreeing with evidence? No. Am I shitting on the XSX version no?

You are free to address what I say, how I say it, ignore it, or whatever. People are also free to boast and throw F.UD., scream victory, ignore it happened, move the goalposts, and scream victory again in the same way while accusing everyone of warrioring as they try to stir shit and “pre-empt” comments (“excuses”). Then again any smell of not being a true believer means that you are unwelcomed in some Xbox safe spaces. Made my peace with it for those places 🤷‍♂️.

assurdum

Banned
Lol better. Thanks to God it's arrived him to make peace the 2 sides with his indisputable verdict. Have higher resolution is not necessarily a win if you have there other graphic assets compromised, though I wasn't exactly here to claim the winner as you. Even the same Tom talked how impossible is it to distinguish the 2 resolution without a proper capture shots in the right spot, but I guess someone just hear what he want to listen. Take your victory in the resolution if it's that what counts more about such discussion, what I can say. But at least not pretend to appear as the peacemaker, thanks.

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

Is somebody maintaining a chart that details all of the XSX vs PS5 game comparisons?

Ha! That would be a good chart. Also one that shows the latest trend since it seems that Xbox has been taking most lately. Surely you'll have PS fans that disagree and will jump to an AF issue that's likely a glitch which PS4 also suffered against Xbox One initially. Any recall the PS4 AF issues? I would love to see the defense for those just to apply the same logic here. Oh the irony, how the tables have turned. It's like 2013 but in reverse.

Topher

Gold Member
Ha! That would be a good chart. Also one that shows the latest trend since it seems that Xbox has been taking most lately. Surely you'll have PS fans that disagree and will jump to an AF issue that's likely a glitch which PS4 also suffered against Xbox One initially. Any recall the PS4 AF issues? I would love to see the defense for those just to apply the same logic here. Oh the irony, how the tables have turned. It's like 2013 but in reverse.

So if it is "2013 but in reverse" then those defending AF issues and those attacking AF issues have flipped positions? Sounds like hypocrisy on both sides, don't it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom