• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 4 Update Nerfs All Five Classes - Players are pissed

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
You'll definitely notice, but rogue is still super solid.

It's more just the general gameplay that will be a bigger nerf for you - slower, more boring than before (somehow), itemization still sucks, less variety in viable things to do, etc.

The real nerf was to the fun, which wasn't plentiful to begin with.

Damn, okay thanks dude. Preciate it

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I was thinking the same thing. WAA the broken build I meticulously crafted got nerfed because on the of skill modifiers I used had a bug in it's calculation that got fixed!

who cares family guy GIF
Yep. This happens in all RPGs with persistent online play. Always has and always will.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
This is really par for the course with Blizzard. Essentially the cycle goes like this.

1) Release fun game, players like a lot.
2) Decide “things aren’t balanced perfectly” and release patches that make the game less fun for the sake of “balance”.
3) Repeat step 2 over and over until most reasonable people move onto funner but less “balanced” experiences.

I noted yesterday that I was going through tons more essance even after finally finding a Umbral 4 ring as I needed more bones. I feel for those necros that havent found it yet.

Ozzie666

Seriously thinking of skipping season 1 and saving the battle pass for another season. This is too many changes in both directions.

Seriously thinking of skipping season 1 and saving the battle pass for another season. This is too many changes in both directions.
I'm going to level a new character but won't be using my battle pass token. Will save that for another season. Probably won't play this season a great deal.

Shubh_C63

I have been in Destiny and Starcraft patches enough to know people ALWAYS hate nerfs even though 2 weeks from now they all forget about it.

Didn't people wanted game to be harder, among other fundamental bad things.

I want the game to be harder, but I also want to be rewarded for overcoming harder stuff. There is no incentive to push higher NM dungeons or killing world bosses (which are a joke anyway) because it all rewards the same garbage. The itemisation in this game is horrible to say the least. Worst part about it. All they needed to do was copy D2 itemisation and we would have been golden.

Last edited:

Zheph

I have been in Destiny and Starcraft patches enough to know people ALWAYS hate nerfs even though 2 weeks from now they all forget about it.

harder doesn't mean slower and annoying imo

There are tons of things that need rework first such a itemization or inventory management

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Seems from the patch notes the only builds that have been nerfed are the godlike overpowered one's

I can understand people being mad at certain nerfs, but complaining that your game breaking OP build is now not as good as it was seems a little silly to me

If people that play the game want it to have any sort of long term relevance, they can't have silly builds doing billions of damage running around, so nerfing builds like this makes sense tbh

Saying your barb takes a second to kill a world boss solo rather than half a second, I mean are you even enjoying the game at this point with characters that OP?

You misunderstand the problem:

World bosses and Uber Lilith are meaningless as measuring sticks because of the unique stagger mechanic.

What people do 99% is killing white and elite mobs. Cooldowns, crit damage, vulnerable damage, armor have been crippled everywhere by about 30%. Resource on rings and helm, nerfed.

Characters take more damage, deal less damage, take longer to refresh skills and can use less skills before running out of resources.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Should be illegal to do this. You cant change a product after release, after people have already paid? I want the version i paid for or a refund should be offered. Patches like this should be optional.

Imagine buying a car and then having it capped to 60km speed after buying it.
I’m sure there’s something somewhere in the user agreements that you never actually own the game in your possession.

Embearded

We played yesterday after the patch and it felt different.
We are not even playing any specific build or min maxing.
Levelling up is obviously slower now and it sucks.

We will continue playing, but i hope they will revert some of the changes.

HoodWinked

Its premature people are crying about nerfs but aren't taking into account the malignant hearts which are a big power boost.

With the hearts likely will be stronger than before.

I ended up being right the hearts are extremely powerful. Barber especially does insane damage and Revenge cancels out the survivability nerfs.

BEAPU6I.png
wyg7ML9.png

FeralEcho

Should be illegal to do this. You cant change a product after release, after people have already paid? I want the version i paid for or a refund should be offered. Patches like this should be optional.

Imagine buying a car and then having it capped to 60km speed after buying it.
Welcome to the digital future,enjoy not really owning anything.

"Bu bu but don't you guys have internet,its 2023 hurr durr "

FUCK the morons who used that as an excuse for Diablo 4 being online only. Enjoy your broken ass patches you fucking cunts.

Top Bottom