• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Haven't turned on my Vita for a long time, but I saw that a patch for this game was downloaded. Does this fix this missing quests that were originally DLC?

Haven't turned on my Vita for a long time, but I saw that a patch for this game was downloaded. Does this fix this missing quests that were originally DLC?

They weren't missing, they just weren't released yet. You can download them all now from PSN.

The patch fixes the VO issues and adds seven Digimon.

kubus

It's a shame because overall I really liked the localization. Especially Kyoko's dialogue. It feels to me like the localization team was only handed an excel file with the Japanese script in a messed up order and they had to translate everything without context and without the time to playtest the game. :/

duckroll

Got to Chapter 19. 39 hours plus now. Is this when all the endgame optional stuff unlocks? Or is that next chapter? Any specific things I need to do to trigger all the quests?

Got to Chapter 19. 39 hours plus now. Is this when all the endgame optional stuff unlocks? Or is that next chapter? Any specific things I need to do to trigger all the quests?
There's a point of no return, you'll know when that is, everything should be unlocked by then. finishing the game and loading the save file returns you to that point of no return. So just finish the game first since it unlocks an additional quest.

Yasumi

Banned
There's a point of no return, you'll know when that is, everything should be unlocked by then. finishing the game and loading the save file returns you to that point of no return. So just finish the game first since it unlocks an additional quest.
That's not a point of no return. There really isn't one. You can talk to
Suedou at the top of the massive staircase to return you to the real world.

That's not a point of no return. There really isn't one. You can talk to
Suedou at the top of the massive staircase to return you to the real world.

Oh, didn't know about
Suedou,
you can home gate out as well, but there's not really any point of getting out of there. The game treats it like one though with
Alphamon asking have you done everything you need to do

NEO0MJ

You reached that point much faster than me.

And speaking of the last chapter, i feel so lost in this dungeon. Can we access a map?

RalchAC

I'm at Chapter 11 right now. The story is getting more and more interesting as it advances. I really like Arata and Nokia so far and it seems we will get more allies in the near future.

I'm really liking the sidequests too. I think I have played something like 26 hours. My team so far is:

WarGreymon
Sakuyamon
MetalSeadramon
LadyDevimon
Ophanimon

And some others like Zudomon, WarGrowlmon, Lilimon... that I don't use as often.

Hard mode, Party full of Level 99 Mega's and
Rina's UltraForceVeedramon
one shots everything single one of them before I even get a chance to attack.

Absolute bullshit. And I can't cancel the quest. I love this game, and while the past 90 hours have been great, one of my biggest issues is how broken hard mode is. Absolute fucking joke.

What are my options here?

Prelude.

A few things about ABI:

The higher the level the higher the ABI bonus from de/digivolving?
Does it scale differently if it's at max level instead of, for example, max level-1?

How the hell does the farm work? I did 2 training sessions but ABI didn't go up at all, what's the trick?

Ydelnae

"But the funny thing about you is that you've got some pretty well-developed relationships considering how poorly developed your character is"

holy shit lmao

duckroll

A few things about ABI:

The higher the level the higher the ABI bonus from de/digivolving?
Does it scale differently if it's at max level instead of, for example, max level-1?

How the hell does the farm work? I did 2 training sessions but ABI didn't go up at all, what's the trick?

I believe when digivolving, level doesn't matter at all for ABI gain. It's a small amount. Dedigivolving at max level gives the most ABI gain though. So you should always digivolve asap, and then level up as much as you can before dedigivolving. Repeat.

True Fire

Hard mode, Party full of Level 99 Mega's and
Rina's UltraForceVeedramon
one shots everything single one of them before I even get a chance to attack.

Absolute bullshit. And I can't cancel the quest. I love this game, and while the past 90 hours have been great, one of my biggest issues is how broken hard mode is. Absolute fucking joke.

What are my options here?

Turn off Hard mode. It's generally accepted that it's impossible in the later parts of the game. It's very unbalanced and obviously a last minute addition. Normal mode is difficult enough in the endgame tbh, you won't be able to beat Lucemon on Hard.

Oh god Legendary Cup on hard mode… My team lacks a lot of Data types which makes it a lot worse. What would be suggested Digimons for last round? Hopefully not Royal Knights, havent done those yet.

Just clearing up some great challenges before I dive into the next scenario!

I guess I already know what kind of ending to expect
Thanks, Suedou. Reset ending-ish? :/

Turn off Hard mode. It's generally accepted that it's impossible in the later parts of the game. It's very unbalanced and obviously a last minute addition. Normal mode is difficult enough in the endgame tbh, you won't be able to beat Lucemon on Hard.

That's what I'm going to have to do I guess. Despite spending 2 hours training all of my Digimon's speed, and having 3 Shine Guard DX's to some of my Data types, UltraForce Veedramon is still using three Ray of Victory's and wiping out my whole party before I get an attack in. It's just not fun anymore.

RalchAC

Chapter 14 so far! The scene
where the dimensional door opens and the Royal Knights invade Tokio was like totally SMT lol.

Even if the translation is a bit so-so (as somebody that started learning Japanese like 2-3 months ago, I can't really have my own opinion, so I'm echoing other people opinions here) it's one of those rare games where I like the whole cast. Right now I'm looking for
the Royal Knights that aren't totally sold on the idea of destroying earth.

I hope the game surprises me, but I'm totally expecting that the good ones will be
Omegamon, Gallantmon, Imperialdramon and Magnamon

Loved the action hero film sidequest lol.

"But the funny thing about you is that you've got some pretty well-developed relationships considering how poorly developed your character is"

holy shit lmao

The game is quite self aware about its protagonist. I think I've seen other characters making fun of the MC at least 3 or 4 times.

Cyber Sleuth is one of those games where having a silent main character feels a bit weird. In general, he has a quite defined personality, so it doesn't feel like he is an avatar for the player.

I guess the devs went that route so they could afford having both a male and female main character in the game. So I won't complain. Does the dialogues change when using the FeMC?

And done~
Damn you ending
monologue! You trolled me in the beginning!
Loved the Mrs. Kamishiro bit XD
"Alpha" Kyoko ;_;
MC keeping a bottle of Mayonnaise with his coffee ;_;
At least Normal Kyoko takes MC as an assistant again!
That smile when she asked him was great.

Great game! Had a blast with it.

Prelude.

I believe when digivolving, level doesn't matter at all for ABI gain. It's a small amount. Dedigivolving at max level gives the most ABI gain though. So you should always digivolve asap, and then level up as much as you can before dedigivolving. Repeat.
I see, thanks.

Also, I read that the farm training increases stats, not abi. It's another pretty unfortunate choice of words in the localization.

Ennosuke

And done~
Damn you ending
monologue! You trolled me in the beginning!
Loved the Mrs. Kamishiro bit XD
"Alpha" Kyoko ;_;
MC keeping a bottle of Mayonnaise with his coffee ;_;
At least Normal Kyoko takes MC as an assistant again!
That smile when she asked him was great.

Great game! Had a blast with it.

Exactly my thoughts. Finished it a couple of hours ago. Took me 45 hours. Honestly impressed what they achieved with their limited budget. When I bought this game, I was hoping for a great time, but I never would have dreamed of buying such an amazing game. My favourite game so far this year.

joe2187

Banned
Imported the vita version. finally gonna get my hands on for this.

Never played a digimon game before, but everything else about the game looked really good.

Any tips for a first timer?

I also have a code that came with the Asian English language version for Black Agumon/gabumon, a custom them and Item and convinces set...if there's anybody that could use it I'll give it to them. Says that can only be redeemed in Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia.

Just started it up! Going in pretty much blind besides general knowledge of its scenario. Chose Terriermon. The game looks great and seems fairly interesting so far.

Arite, I got my 3 platinumnumemons so I'm getting my grind on. I'm told that I'm pretty close to the end, chapter 17 (how long on average does a chapter take to finish) - what are the most powerful digimon with the best attacks? Most advantages? Other than the digidestined I want the best digimon in the game for the final battle.
please help...

TheOasis

I'd like to say that I'm very happy with how the royal knights are portrayed in this game. I've been a huge fan of this part of the digimon lore ever since i watched the "Digimon X-Evolution" movie and have been wanting something more in that vain. I felt like they were wasted in the "digimon savers" series btw.

One of the most interesting things I find about them, besides their fantastic character designs of course, is that they all have their own ideals and motives that may at times directly clash with other members of the group.
In all media representations so far, including this game, this usually leads to infighting. It's this dynamic that really makes the whole "elite group of super-powered digimon tasked by the god of the digital world to keep order in it" idea really work for me.

This game really nailed that aspect of them as well I'd hoped it would. Not to mention this is the first time we actually get to see all
13 of them!

please help...

Any Digimon with an piercing attack that ignores defenses is your friend.

Lilithmon (INT Piercing special attack).
Kerpymon (Blk) (INT piercing special attack)
Rosemon BM (INT piercing special attack)
Lucemon (Insanely high INT stat. Has a more powerful form but I haven't got it yet).
MarinAngemon (One of the best healers in the game).
WarGreymon/BlackWarGreymon (DEF piercing special attack).

Also Mastemon is great. Her special, Chaos Degredation, reduces all does HP by 25%. It's not as OP as it sounds though and if you're fighting a Data type, it's pretty much useless (she's Vaccine).

Ravemon BM w/ Speed Break Field/Speed Charge Field/ Character Reversal is legit as well. Still haven't really touched many of the knights. Only one I have is UltraForce Veedramon and he's nowhere near as good as the boss battle to get him lead me to believe -_-

Fj0823

Got the game, first 2 hours were excruciating, so so bad I didn't care about any of these guys...Nokia's legs are fine I guess? Where are the digimons?

After hour 3 everything gets so much better. It finally clicked with me. Having a blast now. Who knew? once a Digimon game actually focuses on digimons it becomes a lot of fun.

Im also starting to enjoy the persona-esque story.

It reminds me of the best aspects of World 2 and 3. Wish there were mid battle evolutions and devolutions like in W3....I loved that mechanic.

Also GeoGreymon>>Greymon.

I went with:

Lilithmon
Mastemon
Beelzemon BM

Basically Digimon with piercing attacks. Though Mastemon doesn't pierce her attacks take 1/4 of anyone's health. She is also a good healer.

Any Digimon with an piercing attack that ignores defenses is your friend.

Lilithmon (INT Piercing special attack).
Kerpymon (Blk) (INT piercing special attack)
Rosemon BM (INT piercing special attack)
Lucemon (Insanely high INT stat. Has a more powerful form but I haven't got it yet).
MarinAngemon (One of the best healers in the game).
WarGreymon/BlackWarGreymon (DEF piercing special attack).

Also Mastemon is great. Her special, Chaos Degredation, reduces all does HP by 25%. It's not as OP as it sounds though and if you're fighting a Data type, it's pretty much useless (she's Vaccine).

Ravemon BM w/ Speed Break Field/Speed Charge Field/ Character Reversal is legit as well. Still haven't really touched many of the knights. Only one I have is UltraForce Veedramon and he's nowhere near as good as the boss battle to get him lead me to believe -_-

thanks. both of you said lilithmon. i guess i haven't figured it out yet but what is INT good for anyway? also, I got both a wargreymon and a blackwargreymon, but I plan on dna'ing them to get an omnimon and black omnimon. few questions with that,

-it tells me I need to finish
"challenge 7"
to get it? what does that mean?
-i've been advised in this thread not to go for black omnimon because apparently he's not as good as blackwargreymon? what's up with that?
-do the omnimons not have piercing attacks?

thanks. both of you said lilithmon. i guess i haven't figured it out yet but what is INT good for anyway? also, I got both a wargreymon and a blackwargreymon, but I plan on dna'ing them to get an omnimon and black omnimon. few questions with that,

-it tells me I need to finish
"challenge 7"
to get it? what does that mean?
-i've been advised in this thread not to go for black omnimon because apparently he's not as good as blackwargreymon? what's up with that?
-do the omnimons not have piercing attacks?

1-
Quest near the endgame. You get it from completing it
2- You 3rd question answers your second. That's why they are not considered as good.

In Chapter 16 after a little grinding just to vary up my roster. Having such a blast with game, always puts a smile on my face,

1-
Quest near the endgame. You get it from completing it
2- You 3rd question answers your second. That's why they are not considered as good.

In Chapter 16 after a little grinding just to vary up my roster. Having such a blast with game, always puts a smile on my face,
thanks. i got myself a marineangemon, cute little pixie. can't wait to see it in action. I guess I may not use omnimon if they're not as useful in battle.

also, how do you know how high your digimon will level till they max?

so what exactly is INT do for you?

TheOasis

ENDING SPOILERS:

The game teases you with, what I think would've been the superior ending, but then immediately doubles back on it. I don't get what was wrong with the idea of the protaganist ending up in the digital world as Alphamon's assistant considering, you know, they spent the entire game building up this relationship significantly. Instead the game just throws human Kyoko, a complete stranger to the protaganist, your way and calls it a day.

Also, I don't give a damn about the protaganist being stuck in a coma as it would of given some actual consequence to the actions of someone who wasn't a "bad" guy. Sure it would've been a bittersweet ending but at the same time would have been a hell of a lot more ballsy and memorable compared to safe, by the numbers, ending we got.

thanks. i got myself a marineangemon, cute little pixie. can't wait to see it in action. I guess I may not use omnimon if they're not as useful in battle.

Np. I'm just using whatever Digimon I like since the game isn't terribly hard, and I'll just grind out any I end up needing when I need them.

Top of the stat screen shows what their max level will be next to their current level. INT determines how much damage will be done with Magic attacks. Whether an attack is physical or magical is listed in the attack description.

Mr. Nice_Guy answered your other questions, but I will say use any digimon that may appeal to you. If you are playing on hard, you need pierce digimon to not have the boss battles drawn out ridiculously long. Other than boss fights use who ever you fancy. So if you want omnimon go get him, it doesn't take that much effort to get a new BlackWarGreymon.

ENDING SPOILERS:

The game teases you with, what I think would've been the superior ending, but then immediately doubles back on it. I don't get what was wrong with the idea of the protaganist ending up in the digital world as Alphamon's assistant considering, you know, they spent the entire game building up this relationship significantly. Instead the game just throws human Kyoko, a complete stranger to the protaganist, your way and calls it a day.

Also, I don't give a damn about the protaganist being stuck in a coma as it would of given some actual consequence to the actions of someone who wasn't a "bad" guy. Sure it would've been a bittersweet ending but at the same time would have been a hell of a lot more ballsy and memorable compared to safe, by the numbers, ending we got.

Yeah that would have been better I think. Besides at least with the anime, many of the series have a bittersweet ending.

Well, fuck, I beat UltraForceVeedramon on hard mode. BlackWarGreymon saved my ass.

I beat her easily on hard mode. I had aeroveedramon so I was able to attack first and used venom trap to poison it then guarded with my piedmon and plesiomon. It kept charging attacks while the poison took its toll and by the time it cured the poison it was my turn to attack. I used to sorrow blue to finish it off with plesiomon after it killed my other two digimon. Overall the match took less than 5 minutes.

RalchAC

It was kind of okay when I had a PlatinumSukamon. But my god, I hate how PlatinumNumemon walks... Do people grind EXP using 3 of them in battle (with 9 Tactician USBs? Or 2 and a different mon?

Right now I have 1 PlatinumNumemon and 2 Etemon waiting for evolution.

Attaining the Megas you've always dreamed of is so satisfying.

Who knew my first level 99 Mega would be PlatNumemon though.

It looks like my first Mega to hit 99 could be WarGreymon, Sakuyamon or Ophanimon. Lately I've got MetalGarurumon, BlackWarGreymon and Vikemon.

Getting Lilithmon is really hard, especially the INT value. My level 70 LadyDevimon with +30 in INT is still quite far from achieving that value.

I can see myself going full collector mode and trying to get everything once I have the Perfect setup for grinding.

Little help with
Imperialdramon PM great challenge?

How long does he spam that Omnisword?

Am I just supposed to use Data types and survive that?

Little help with
Imperialdramon PM great challenge?

How long does he spam that Omnisword?

Am I just supposed to use Data types and survive that?

I don't think you need to beat Imperialdramon PM, you just need to survive the omnislash for as long as he spams it. I was beating my head against the wall trying to beat him, but then I just won on accident because my regular Imperialdramon just survived the onslaught.

I managed to beat Legendary Cup on Hard mode without abusing UlforceVeedramon or Lillithmon. I was quite pleased. You definately need Datas to survive. I chose Metalgarurumon for speed and Rosemon for healing. Both could also attack physically which was nice. I also planned on using Sakuyamon, but the 3 celestial assholes kept healing. So I just went back to again with this games real star Wargreymon.

Wargreymon is ridicioulus in this game. He steamrolls 95% of story and was the most important Digimon to damage deal in hard mode. Its weird that I dislike idea of using UlforceVeedramon and LIllithmon while I actually keep using something as broken. :p

But sadly I dont think Wargreymon can help me in Master Cup hard mode… 1st round takes way too long and drains so badly, with round 2 giving no time to heal. Then I get swept in round 3. Its so sad that I just have to use UlforceVeedramon and probably Lillithmon to beat Master Cup hard mode. Does anyone have any other strategies? But I might aswell start grinding for UFVdramon for now…

Ydelnae

If we weren't already struggling to get the actual Tri season in a regular basis, I'd ask for a Cyber Sleuth: The Animation, since the plot seems more interesting and well-crafted than what we got in the last anime seasons. I don't even mind the story taking place in the human world opposed to the Digiworld focus the games and anime tend to have.

Just reached Chapter 9. I'm trying to get Paildramon, since it seems I still have a long way to go until I'm able to fuse Mastemon. I have one question: how do you actually enter the offline colliseum? The lady at Nakano 4F just reads me the rules and stuff, but I can't seem to enter any battle or tournament in there.

If we weren't already struggling to get the actual Tri season in a regular basis, I'd ask for a Cyber Sleuth: The Animation, since the plot seems more interesting and well-crafted than what we got in the last anime seasons. I don't even mind the story taking place in the human world opposed to the Digiworld focus the games and anime tend to have.

Just reached Chapter 9. I'm trying to get Paildramon, since it seems I still have a long way to go until I'm able to fuse Mastemon. I have one question: how do you actually enter the offline colliseum? The lady at Nakano 4F just reads me the rules and stuff, but I can't seem to enter any battle or tournament in there.
You have to check the red arcade machine that's close to her.

Np. I'm just using whatever Digimon I like since the game isn't terribly hard, and I'll just grind out any I end up needing when I need them.

Top of the stat screen shows what their max level will be next to their current level. INT determines how much damage will be done with Magic attacks. Whether an attack is physical or magical is listed in the attack description.
yeah I got you. I think I might end up doing that too, although I do like it more when my digimon do substantial levels of damage.
Mr. Nice_Guy answered your other questions, but I will say use any digimon that may appeal to you. If you are playing on hard, you need pierce digimon to not have the boss battles drawn out ridiculously long. Other than boss fights use who ever you fancy. So if you want omnimon go get him, it doesn't take that much effort to get a new BlackWarGreymon.

Yeah that would have been better I think. Besides at least with the anime, many of the series have a bittersweet ending.
yeah originally I wanted to just collect all of the digidestined, and I will still do that, plus other digimon that I've grown to fancy. I like Chirinmon a lot.

so, here's my current lineup. kind of a spoiler for the setting so I'll tag it.

image.jpeg

about to go meet up with Yuuko for whatever the fuck she wants...is my party good for whoever the boss is gonna be?

Top Bottom