• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

RalchAC

Does anybody else feel the buffs / debuffs aren't that good in the game? A 10% feels weak. Items are a bit better (20%) and I've used a bunch of them after using the 2x damage skill.

Clearing debuffs is useful, especially when fighting eaters (<3 Sakuyamon) and stuff like Sleep/Poison works (not on bosses on hard). Panic feels much more powerful when it affects my Digimon than when I use it against enemies.

Hopefully the next Story game polishes and improves CS battle system. It's good, but it could be better with a better done hard mode.

just made it to chapter 18...

woohoo! i get to play as nokia! so cool. I think it would make more sense to play as Yuuko though because she seems like a more important character to me, but whatever.

I was remote playing it before my shift but one of the higher ups at work walked over to our pod, so I went to the home screen and I didn't get a proper screenshot for the trophy :mad:

Ydelnae

Just finished Chapter 10

krabs_rag3do.jpg

That DNA fusion cutscene with Nokia being all badass in front of Omnimon
Beating the shit out of that Fei girl
Yuugo being Yuuko's brother (which was SO obvious, not only the name, but the way they dress, and I didn't notice until that point)
EDEN's Yuugo being an altered avatar of Yuuko
When the Eaters started appearing all over Valhalla
The whole Paradise Lost plan being explained

damn

Cha

It's finally time to join this party!
The game came with a code for Black Agumon + Gabumon and some other Costume and theme stuff. Unfortunately, I can not redeem this code since it's only for Asia Psn accounts. So if anyone here with a Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, or Indonesia Psn wants it, send me a message and it's yours.

so did some remote play and (susp)ended it right in the middle of a boss battle...

with Crusadermon and...Kyoko?!?!

Okay so I have to ask this question. Are Kyoko and Yishibe just human avatars? Or are they actual people who have made a deal with digimon to use their bodies as vessels?Is this something I should know by chapter 18?

so did some remote play and (susp)ended it right in the middle of a boss battle...

with Crusadermon and...Kyoko?!?!

Okay so I have to ask this question. Are Kyoko and Yishibe just human avatars? Or are they actual people who have made a deal with digimon to use their bodies as vessels?Is this something I should know by chapter 18?

Humans who lost their "souls" due to eaters and the digimon just happen to find them to use.

before I click that, could you tell me if that is something I should know by chapter 18 or something that will be revealed later/finale?

edit: too late...

i'm a little confused though. it's kyoko's and yishibe's bodies being utilized, not their souls. unless...they are still alive in there somewhere and the digimon are "possessing" their souls?

Zhao_Yun

I am currently trying to get Mastemon and encountered something strange. My Angewomon had 118 ATK at level 99 and I needed 120 to be able to digivolve. So I gave her a Power Pine, which increased her ATK to 128. Although all the requirements have been fullfilled now, the ATK requirement is still greyed out in the digivolution menu. Is my game bugged or doesn't the game accept stat upgrades via food?

before I click that, could you tell me if that is something I should know by chapter 18 or something that will be revealed later/finale?

i'm a little confused though. it's kyoko's and yishibe's bodies being utilized, not their souls. unless...they are still alive in there somewhere and the digimon are "possessing" their souls?

Their mental data was taken by the eaters, so they are empty vessels. The digimon just used their data to replace what was lost. Since the dimensional doors were opened, it allows them to access their "digital powers". That's what I took from that.

I am currently trying to get Mastemon and encountered something strange. My Angewomon had 118 ATK at level 99 and I needed 120 to be able to digivolve. So I gave her a Power Pine, which increased her ATK to 128. Although all the requirements have been fullfilled now, the ATK requirement is still greyed out in the digivolution menu. Is my game bugged or doesn't the game accept stat upgrades via food?

Is she carrying an ATK increasing item?

duckroll

Looking for some advice. I have a Knightmon who is prepped to be upgraded, but he can be upgraded to Crainamon, Leopardmon, or Crusadermon. Which would be the best option? Also, fuck Kentarosmon and his speed up, looool.

Looking for some advice. I have a Knightmon who is prepped to be upgraded, but he can be upgraded to Crainamon, Leopardmon, or Crusadermon. Which would be the best option? Also, fuck Kentarosmon and his speed up, looool.

I'd pick Crusadermon because she is a piercing digimon. Though Leopardmon is kinda cool since he has 2 forms. Can't comment on Crainamon since I don't have him yet.

True Fire

You'll find out the answer to your question after you beat the game!

I'd pick Crusadermon because she is a piercing digimon. Though Leopardmon is kinda cool since he has 2 forms. Can't comment on Crainamon since I don't have him yet.
I prefer Leopardmon since his special skill is that Digimon use less SP whe using their skills and he is data (great when using perfect revive). Crusadermon is a Virus with piercing which is pretty common.

You'll find out the answer to your question after you beat the game!
more spoil

just beat Crusadermon for good last night, what a bitch, her and Yishibe...so I'm guessing this means Yishibe is dead for good now right, so whatever twist I'm going to learn, it's going to be just about Kyoko?

also I think I'm on chapter 19, so am I reasonably close the end?

more spoil

just beat Crusadermon for good last night, what a bitch, her and Yishibe...so I'm guessing this means Yishibe is dead for good now right, so whatever twist I'm going to learn, it's going to be just about Kyoko?

also I think I'm on chapter 19, so am I reasonably close the end?

Just wait until the end, you are super close.

I prefer Leopardmon since his special skill is that Digimon use less SP whe using their skills and he is data (great when using perfect revive). Crusadermon is a Virus with piercing which is pretty common.

That is true. The should have spread out that piercing damage to other digimon types.

KdylanR92

This is weird but the female character that's a friend of the MC, Nokia i think? Her clothes don't make sense.

The latches on her knee-highs don't connect to anything. To be honest it looks likes she's wearing lingerie with a hoodie and she's like 12* so it doesn't feel like fanservice.

Mcdohl

This is weird but the female character that's a friend of the MC, Nokia i think? Her clothes don't make sense.

The latches on her knee-highs don't connect to anything. To be honest it looks likes she's wearing lingerie with a hoodie and she's like 12* so it doesn't feel like fanservice.

Do you really want to discuss about JRPG characters' clothing designs? :p

chapter 19 spoilers...

goddamn, Leapardmon is an ass. he kept wiping out my marineangemon and seraphimon again again in clean swoops. the fuck...how can he be that powerful. i'm lucky my black metalgarurumon didn't have that problem. i'm gonna post a YouTube vid with my frustrations. I used so many recovery DXs, so

where do I go to buy more recovery DXs?

and this whole mission is madd annoying with this goddamn building being a mothafucking labyrinth! :mad:

chapter 19 spoilers...

goddamn, examon is an ass. he kept wiping out my marineangemon and seraphimon again again in clean swoops. the fuck...how can he be that powerful. i'm lucky my black metalgarurumon didn't have that problem. i'm gonna post a YouTube vid with my frustrations. I used so many recovery DXs, so

where do I go to buy more recovery DXs?

and this whole mission is madd annoying with this goddamn building being a mothafucking labyrinth! :mad:

Lol. It took one hit from my Lilithmon...

sorry for double post

spoilers for chapter 20...

so I smoked a little bit last night, did a whole lotta traveling but at some point in the night I was in the bronx, sitting between my two friends playing smash on the big screen while I was remote playing this game
and...

so, I'm in the digital world, I think it's really cool how you only get to go there in a mission in the final chapter (is 20 the final act?) so, am I just heading down to the final boss? there's no in-between grinding here? just these security robots that I gotta take out? Man if that's the case, maybe I should go back to Tokyo, get my grind on to get the 3 digimon I want up against the final boss, then come back.

so by the time I get to chapter 20, where is the best place to do grinding?

and, although I may still end up using the ones I want, which digimon have the most powerful attacks, defense penetrating attacks, and hitting all 3 opponents attacks?

I have to say, even though I'm not done (I guess I'm damn close), so far I have so so soooo loved this game, with all the things I don't like. Definitely worth the $60, best $60 I spent in a while. I have never been this satisfied with a full priced purchase of a game since, I don't even know yo.

cheesekao

so by the time I get to chapter 20, where is the best place to do grinding?

and, although I may still end up using the ones I want, which digimon have the most powerful attacks, defense penetrating attacks, and hitting all 3 opponents attacks?
Grind in the area right before the portal area. There's a phone booth there so you can heal at any time.

As for digimons, you can't go wrong with Beelzemon BM, Lilithmon and Plesiomon.

sorry for double post, here is where I am, literally right now; on break at work on remote play

12377579_10154081397502244_4606216481549723776_o.jpg

so, I'm assuming if I step forward, there's no turning back. I see the entrance to the digi-lab, so where do I go to grind?

On the last few levels of the Tokyo metropolitan building, below where all the royal knights/everyone else is - you can return via suedo or home gate etc

Ydelnae

Here when I thought reseting for Tactitican USB was going to be a pain in the ass, it just took me two resets and Farm 1 gave me two at the same time. Do their effect stack? I mean, if I equip one digimon with three usb, will their effect multiply?

I was just thinking that...

I still haven't done challenge 7. And I just went and spoke to Mirei, I'm guessing she's the one who's gonna have me do challenge 7?

Except I'm up in this goddamn building, how do I get back to the office?!?!

Holy moley that difficulty spike at
Chapter 18
on hard mode. I go from having to go out of my way to make bosses difficult to getting one shotted repeatedly haha. Just got to the end of 19 so time for side quests! Can't wait to
finally get my Royal Knights

Speak to
Alphamon
ah, which means....
I have to back up to the roof of that building?

EDIT: or maybe since i'm so close, I should just go and beat the game with marineangemon, wargreymon and blackwargreymon. although, i wanna have the palmon in my party that I started with, so maybe I should go & grind and make lilymon a mega and bring her along.

Mcdohl

I finished this game, and I have some mixed feelings about it, but ultimately, it's a very good jRPG, and a game that was definitely worth my $ and time.

What I loved:
-Digimons.
-Fast paced turn based battles! Seriously, even though there's no ATB, I never felt like battles dragged.
-Digimon special attacks animations were faithful to the anime! They all looked so cool!
-Character designs. Even though they have questionable clothing choices, I like the way characters look.
-World design. The Tokyo segments looked cool, and the digital world places looked even better. Very good job there.
-Animated cutscenes were so good :)
-The whole digimon creating/evolving/devolving/fusion/etc. system. Enough depth without being too complex.

Mixed feelings:
-Music. Some of it was great, but some of it was pretty forgettable too. Nothing to write home about, imo.
-Pacing. It starts great but, I felt it dragged too long on the
Royal Knights
chapters.

Disliked:
-Plot. It tried too hard to be cool imo.
Suedo's
lines at the end were borderline hilarious. I guess I should not have expected too much anyway, considering the game is probably aimed at teenagers. But that's my point, why overcomplicate things?
-Dialogues were terrible. Specially the LOLZ Paul Stanley wannabe. Maybe it's the localization's fault, who knows.
-Characters were so predictable and honestly boring. So archetypal.
-Going through the same dungeons multiple times was not cool. This was true on the
Royal Knights
chapters.

More game, less plot imo.

What did you guys think about the story? Maybe I'm a grumpy old man :)

ah, which means....
I have to back up to the roof of that building?

EDIT: or maybe since i'm so close, I should just go and beat the game with marineangemon, wargreymon and blackwargreymon. although, i wanna have the palmon in my party that I started with, so maybe I should go & grind and make lilymon a mega and bring her along.

If you ever need to head from Tokyo to
the top of that building, just go to the detective agency and talk to Kyoko.

If you ever need to head from Tokyo to
the top of that building, just go to the detective agency and talk to Kyoko.

Word, thanks.
I found out talking to her will get me there, but I did not realize that she would get me right to the top

I gotta kill the game this weekend...ill be home so I should do it on the 32" instead of damn remote play lol

Top Bottom